This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahhh congrats!!!! I've been trying to hold out for Bryn Mawr bc I haven't heard anything from them. but at this point I'm wondering if I should just go with UVA because it is such a good program! I can't stand the limbo period lol
Make sure you keep in mind the 14 day timeframe for UVA when making your decision!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure you keep in mind the 14 day timeframe for UVA when making your decision!
They granted me an extension, but I actually just put down my deposit for UVA. Maybe I’ll see some of you there!

Background: 4.0 GPA as a psychology (neuro concentration) and journalism major. Already completed a couple of science courses, I.e. GenChem I and Genetics. I am 28 and have 7 years of clinical research in immunology and neuroscience (at Columbia, Mount Sinai, and Memorial Sloan-Kettering).

I am going to be living in Queens, NY and I am limited in options due to finances and personal health issues/being disabled. I cannot go anywhere far from home. I was looking at the following options:

-CUNY City College formal postbacc (good new structured program, but a bit of a commute, and I’d have to retake chem even though I got an A).

-CUNY Queens College DIY postbacc (good flexibility, very close to home, but no committee letter and not sure if the name will be looked down upon by med schools).

-NYU formal postbacc (good linkages, committee letter, not too far of a commute, but very expensive, although the med school, which I could potentially link into, is free).

Any insight would he appreciated! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Background: 4.0 GPA as a psychology (neuro concentration) and journalism major. Already completed a couple of science courses, I.e. GenChem I and Genetics. I am 28 and have 7 years of clinical research in immunology and neuroscience (at Columbia, Mount Sinai, and Memorial Sloan-Kettering).

I am going to be living in Queens, NY and I am limited in options due to finances and personal health issues/being disabled. I cannot go anywhere far from home. I was looking at the following options:

-CUNY City College formal postbacc (good new structured program, but a bit of a commute, and I’d have to retake chem even though I got an A).

-CUNY Queens College DIY postbacc (good flexibility, very close to home, but no committee letter and not sure if the name will be looked down upon by med schools).

-NYU formal postbacc (good linkages, committee letter, not too far of a commute, but very expensive, although the med school, which I could potentially link into, is free).

Any insight would he appreciated! Thank you.
You have such amazing stats that it seems like City College would be the most efficient move. It’s structured and way more affordable than anything in NY. The NYU program is so expensive and though you have perfect stats, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to link and it would suck to spend all of that money and then dive into the regular cycle afterwards (but some will say it won’t matter at the end once you’re making $$$ as a physician). So my 0.02 is to go the cheaper but still formal route— no doubt you’ll ace those classes wherever you are. :)

Edited to add: My vote is on a formal program because as an older non-trad, I’d want to get my courses done as fast as possible, even if I need to repeat a couple of classes (I’ll be repeating 3 very old courses that I got As in as well in my postbac). I think DIY is a great option for many students, but for me I’d be too worried about not getting the classes I need in the sequence and semester that I planned for.

Last edited:
You have such amazing stats that it seems like City College would be the most efficient move. It’s structured and way more affordable than anything in NY. The NYU program is so expensive and though you have perfect stats, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to link and it would suck to spend all of that money and then dive into the regular cycle afterwards (but some will say it won’t matter at the end once you’re making $$$ as a physician). So my 0.02 is to go the cheaper but still formal route— no doubt you’ll ace those classes wherever you are. :)

Edited to add: My vote is on a formal program because as an older non-trad, I’d want to get my courses done as fast as possible, even if I need to repeat a couple of classes (I’ll be repeating 3 very old courses that I got As in as well in my postbac). I think DIY is a great option for many students, but for me I’d be too worried about not getting the classes I need in the sequence and semester that I planned for.
Thank you! You’re too kind. I do plan on acing those classes; I don’t accept anything less. 😉 I really appreciate your advice! Good luck to you.

waitlisted at Bryn Mawr & Goucher. Anyone else in the same boat?
my application for goucher was "put on hold" so assuming that's considered a waitlist-type decision. kinda sucks being in limbo but I put a deposit down for UVA and i'm very excited for that if nothing else works out!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard from Bryn Mawr who applied just after the early decision deadline? I was trying to aim before then but one of my references took too long.

I was accepted to the 2-year P4 program at Thomas Jefferson last week and will be putting my deposit down there. I'm still waiting to hear from other schools but it's been my top school since I already live in the area, had great interviews there, and know I'll feel super supported throughout the program. If anyone else has been accepted and/or plans to attend, let me know !! I know they made a group chat last year so I figured I could try to make the same thing for the new class.
And good luck to everyone still interviewing/deciding/waiting to hear back. You can do it!!

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted to the 2-year P4 program at Thomas Jefferson last week and will be putting my deposit down there. I'm still waiting to hear from other schools but it's been my top school since I already live in the area, had great interviews there, and know I'll feel super supported throughout the program. If anyone else has been accepted and/or plans to attend, let me know !! I know they made a group chat last year so I figured I could try to make the same thing for the new class.
And good luck to everyone still interviewing/deciding/waiting to hear back. You can do it!!
Congratulations!

Congrats :) I was also accepted into this program and will probably put my deposit down soon! It is my top program as I love everything about it and have only heard good things about it ! so exciting !!

After I put down my deposit for UVa, I heard back from the last two schools for my cycle. I was rejected by Bryn Mawr, and invited to interview at the University of Michigan.

To sum it all up for anyone who's looking for data in future years, I made a lil retrospective chart. I kept a spreadsheet throughout the cycle which gave me some really interesting information about schools, decision speed, etc. Date of acknowledgement excludes the automated email that gets sent at time of submission.

Looking back I guess the wait for some of these wasn't as agonizingly long as I thought it was :) Hopefully this helps someone in the future plan out when they submit applications and how they stagger their interviews!

ProgramDate of submissionDate of acknowledgementInterview invite extendedInterview dateFinal status dateFinal status
Bryn Mawr9/16/219/20/21 (4 days)N/AN/A10/29/21 (39 days)Rejected
CU Boulder9/16/219/27/21 (9 days)10/05/21 (8 days)11/17/21 (43 days)N/AScheduled for interview
UVa9/20/21N/A9/27/21 (7 days)10/13/21(16 days)10/19/21 (6 days)Accepted
Goucher9/08/21N/AN/AN/A9/16/21 (8 days)Rejected
Scripps9/16/219/20/21 (4 days)N/AN/A10/06/21 (16 days)Rejected
University of Michigan9/07/21N/A11/4/21 (58 days)11/15/21 (11 days)N/AScheduled for interview
University of Vermont9/07/21N/A*N/AN/A10/01/21 (24 days)Accepted
UC San Diego Pre-health9/27/21N/A10/7/21 (10 days)10/13/21 (6 days)10/15/21 (2 days)Accepted

*University of Vermont didn't send me a confirmation, but I did get a phone call from them asking if I needed help submitting my application. I guess I started one on their website and also on PostBacCAS and so it was registering as incomplete. They confirmed over the phone that my PostBacCAS application was complete. Sadly I don't have this phone call in my call history log anymore, so I have no idea when it happened.

Thanks for your help everybody and good luck with the rest of your cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After I put down my deposit for UVa, I heard back from the last two schools for my cycle. I was rejected by Bryn Mawr, and invited to interview at the University of Michigan.

To sum it all up for anyone who's looking for data in future years, I made a lil retrospective chart. I kept a spreadsheet throughout the cycle which gave me some really interesting information about schools, decision speed, etc. Date of acknowledgement excludes the automated email that gets sent at time of submission.

Looking back I guess the wait for some of these wasn't as agonizingly long as I thought it was :) Hopefully this helps someone in the future plan out when they submit applications and how they stagger their

ProgramDate of submissionDate of acknowledgementInterview invite extendedInterview dateFinal status dateFinal status
CU Boulder9/16/219/27/21 (9 days)10/05/21 (8 days)11/17/21 (43 days)N/AScheduled for interview
University of Michigan9/07/21N/A11/4/21 (58 days)11/15/21 (11 days)N/AScheduled for interview
UC San Diego Pre-health9/27/21N/A10/7/21 (10 days)10/13/21 (6 days)10/15/21 (2 days)Accepted

*University of Vermont didn't send me a confirmation, but I did get a phone call from them asking if I needed help submitting my application. I guess I started one on their website and also on PostBacCAS and so it was registering as incomplete. They confirmed over the phone that my PostBacCAS application was complete. Sadly I don't have this phone call in my call history log anymore, so I have no idea when it happened.

Will I be seeing you at UVA? :)

Congrats :) I was also accepted into this program and will probably put my deposit down soon! It is my top program as I love everything about it and have only heard good things about it ! so exciting !!
Yay! Congrats to you! Are you putting down a deposit for the 1-year or 2-year program?

2 year program!! how about you?
Same yay! Have you heard anything about if we can start taking classes in the summer? A previous thread mentioned someone taking classes before the fall but I haven't heard anything about it

Same yay! Have you heard anything about if we can start taking classes in the summer? A previous thread mentioned someone taking classes before the fall but I haven't heard anything about it
I haven't heard anything about that, all I remember is that on their website they talk about how we can take physics over the summer between our first and second year. Do you know what classes that person took in the summer?

I haven't heard anything about that, all I remember is that on their website they talk about how we can take physics over the summer between our first and second year. Do you know what classes that person took in the summer?
Hey guys! I JUST finished my application for the two year and I feel like I am BEHIND! lol. would you guys mind sharing your stats???

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCES!! Hopefully I will see you there in Fall 2022 as that is my goal as well.

Hi! Has anyone interviewed at GWU? And if so, how long did it take for you to hear back after your interview?

Hi! Has anyone interviewed at GWU? And if so, how long did it take for you to hear back after your interview?
I did! I heard back exactly a week later - good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I JUST finished my application for the two year and I feel like I am BEHIND! lol. would you guys mind sharing your stats???

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCES!! Hopefully I will see you there in Fall 2022 as that is my goal as well.
HI!! No, you are definitely not behind!!

My stats are: senior in college, 3.94 gpa, major: BS applied mathematics, minor: art, decent amount of shadowing/volunteering, good amount of leadership experience, worked in orthodontist office for several years, research experience in biostatistics, I have taken about three science classes and have done well in them

Let me know if you want any other info or stats! so excited to take this next step and hope to see you at TJ!

I did! I heard back exactly a week later - good luck!
Congrats!! That's a quick turnaround! How long did it take from submitting your application to be extended an interview invite? I've been accepted to Agnes Scott, but GW is my top choice, and am definitely hoping to get an interview with GWU before having to put a deposit down at Agnes Scott.

Last edited:
Hi! I applied to a bunch of schools: UVA, GWU, Jefferson, Georgetown, Columbia, American and NYU.

I have only heard back from GWU and Jefferson and have interviews for both coming up. Did anyone have any interviews yet for either school and, if so, did you feel ok during it? I'll also definitely update everyone after the interviews.

Good luck to everyone :)
Congrats on the GW interview? I just applied as well, and I was wondering- how long it took between your notified that you application was being reviewed and to getting an interview invitation?

Congrats!! That's a quick turnaround! How long did it take from submitting your application to be extended an interview invite? I've been accepted to Agnes Scott, but GW is my top choice, and am definitely hoping to get an interview with GWU before having to put a deposit down at Agnes Scott.
Thank you! My postbacCAS app was verified on 9/24 and I was notified about an interview invite on 9/29. Pretty quick turn around but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer now due to the holidays and things like that. Good luck with the rest of your application process!

Thank you! My postbacCAS app was verified on 9/24 and I was notified about an interview invite on 9/29. Pretty quick turn around but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer now due to the holidays and things like that. Good luck with the rest of your application process!
I got my interview invite yesterday! The only date they had to interview in December is this Friday, and I was wondering if you had any advice regarding GWU's interview process! Thanks!

I got my interview invite yesterday! The only date they had to interview in December is this Friday, and I was wondering if you had any advice regarding GWU's interview process! Thanks!
Congrats - that's awesome!! In my opinion, the interview process was very laid back and chill. I had 2 interviewers: the director, Dr. Gillum, and one of the professors, Dr. Ghannouchi. I really enjoyed my interview with Gillum as it was very conversation based and he seemed geniuenly interested in why I am making a career change. The interview with Dr. Ghannouchi was more typical like "why GW?" "what can you bring to the table," etc. I personally felt the interviews were both very fair. I also really enjoyed the portion where we could ask current students about their experience in the program. Although I have decided not to attend this program, I had a great experience with them and was impressed at the end of the interviews. Good luck!

Does anyone know much about University of Vermont UVM's post-bac program? Thanks!

update for anyone still tracking with this thread: accepted to 2 programs, waitlisted for 2, and still waiting to hear from 2 more. Good luck to anyone else who hasn't confirmed an admission offer yet!

Hello! Thank you for making this! Currently in the middle of writing my PS and very excited/nervous to apply in the coming weeks! Good luck to everyone :)
Hey everyone! I have yet to see a thread for those of us looking to be admitted into career-changer post-bac programs in 2022-2023 so I thought I'd go ahead and post this! Please feel free to drop any questions and advice here :) Good luck to all of my fellow prospective students!!!
Hi, I’ve been trying to find the right Post-bacc program for me and wanted to see if anyone had some insight. Any good post-bacc school recommendations in California or Arizona?

Congrats - that's awesome!! In my opinion, the interview process was very laid back and chill. I had 2 interviewers: the director, Dr. Gillum, and one of the professors, Dr. Ghannouchi. I really enjoyed my interview with Gillum as it was very conversation based and he seemed geniuenly interested in why I am making a career change. The interview with Dr. Ghannouchi was more typical like "why GW?" "what can you bring to the table," etc. I personally felt the interviews were both very fair. I also really enjoyed the portion where we could ask current students about their experience in the program. Although I have decided not to attend this program, I had a great experience with them and was impressed at the end of the interviews. Good luck!
I got interviewed by those two as well, and yep, that is exactly how the conversations went with both of them. Dr. Gillum said I had a great interview, but not reading too much into that. Hoping to hear back from them soon!

Hi! For anyone who has interviewed with Bryn Mawr, what was your experience like?

Does anyone know much about University of Vermont UVM's post-bac program? Thanks!

update for anyone still tracking with this thread: accepted to 2 programs, waitlisted for 2, and still waiting to hear from 2 more. Good luck to anyone else who hasn't confirmed an admission offer yet!
I spoke to a friend of a friend who attended the program. Things I was told:
  1. There are students applying/entering every quarter. This translates to not really knowing your full cohort or how many people are in it. It made it hard to guess how many people successfully matriculated in general/to UVM.
  2. Post-baccs get to shadow/participate in grand rounds at the medical center, which seems super cool.
  3. Classes are with undergraduates, with some reserved spots for post-baccs. So you'll likely have post-baccs in your class, but you'll have to find them.
  4. It's less hand-hold-y than other formal programs. They work with you to set up a plan, but it was described to me as "here's what you need to do, good luck." That said, there are a lot of really cool opportunities there, so if you are a good self-starter, it seems like it has more perks that way than a DIY.
  5. UVM has a level 1 trauma center. I just thought that was cool.
For what it's worth, the person I spoke to matriculated to UVM which was their top choice. They told me that everyone in their personal study group did as well. I know Larner is a really good medical school, so having an advantage in applying would be great. I just don't know any percentages and wasn't able to get any hard numbers from advising when I spoke to them (they said they hadn't compiled it yet).

I spoke to a friend of a friend who attended the program. Things I was told:
  1. There are students applying/entering every quarter. This translates to not really knowing your full cohort or how many people are in it. It made it hard to guess how many people successfully matriculated in general/to UVM.
  2. Post-baccs get to shadow/participate in grand rounds at the medical center, which seems super cool.
  3. Classes are with undergraduates, with some reserved spots for post-baccs. So you'll likely have post-baccs in your class, but you'll have to find them.
  4. It's less hand-hold-y than other formal programs. They work with you to set up a plan, but it was described to me as "here's what you need to do, good luck." That said, there are a lot of really cool opportunities there, so if you are a good self-starter, it seems like it has more perks that way than a DIY.
  5. UVM has a level 1 trauma center. I just thought that was cool.
For what it's worth, the person I spoke to matriculated to UVM which was their top choice. They told me that everyone in their personal study group did as well. I know Larner is a really good medical school, so having an advantage in applying would be great. I just don't know any percentages and wasn't able to get any hard numbers from advising when I spoke to them (they said they hadn't compiled it yet).
Thanks for such a thorough response! Weighing UVM's program vs UVA's program at the moment.

Hi, I’ve been trying to find the right Post-bacc program for me and wanted to see if anyone had some insight. Any good post-bacc school recommendations in California or Arizona?
Not sure about AZ, but I know there are a bunch of post bacs in CA! What kind of program are you looking for— formal or informal, 1 or 2 years, career changer or academic enhancer?

Anyone interview at Hopkins? If so, what was your experience like? Thanks!
Not my best interview but it went okay. They actually started with answering questions, which made it less stressful. The questions were pretty standard and Megan was nice. I was just not super prepared for the question about how I prepared for my GRE (standard test strategies etc.), it has been so long ago.

Best of luck!!

Not my best interview but it went okay. They actually started with answering questions, which made it less stressful. The questions were pretty standard and Megan was nice. I was just not super prepared for the question about how I prepared for my GRE (standard test strategies etc.), it has been so long ago.

Best of luck!!
thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for such a thorough response! Weighing UVM's program vs UVA's program at the moment.
If you're comparing those two, I will say that I ended up choosing UVA. They have a 95% acceptance rate into medical school and the program/admin honestly seemed incredibly cool to me. The iteration of the US healthcare weekly seminar that I shadowed for my interview convinced me immediately. :)

Have you had issues with scheduling an interview? They gave me two online dates and I tried to schedule my interview the same day I received the invite and it said both were full. The admissions counselor has not responded to any voice messages or emails. It’s not a good look.

Hey! I was accepted today to the 2 year program! Nice to meet you, classmate!!!

right now they are switching over from phone to zoom interviews - it seems that switch has created some technological difficulties. i will say that the program director/asst program director, both of whom i met in the interview, were extremely kind and well-organized so i don't think the weirdness with admissions carries over to p4 itself. i would try calling the more general admissions number honestly, it might help!
Thanks so much!! Jasmine reached out to me today. Honestly my anxiety would prefer phone calls over zoom lol. This is good to hear though. I’m excited for next steps!

Hi! Does anyone know the average stats for the Scripps program?

I have had a hard time finding any information about whether I am a competitive applicant there.. I would hugely appreciate any feedback.

My stats are as follows:
3.77 GPA, 1330 SAT
BS in Health science
No Research
Recently decided to start the medical school journey so I just started working as a medical assistant + volunteering at a hospital weekly

Thank you!!
Hey there! I graduated from the Scripps program and am in med school now. I don't know what my colleagues' stats were, but I think your academic numbers seem "good enough". What I can tell you is that they assess based on your application if you have the potential to do well in the post-bacc courses and beyond, so you don't necessarily need really high stats just to get in. They also want to make sure that you have some idea of why you want to make the change, but it is a career-changer program, so they don't expect you to have done a ton of clinical stuff/research at this point. Beyond that, if they offer you an interview, it means you are competitive enough and they really just want to assess your personality for fit. They do a really really good job of building a well-balanced cohort, and I'm still really close with my post-bacc friends now; we all got along really well, and back when it was in person, they would also have current post-bacc students hang out and grab a meal with the interviewees and we would also provide input on the applicant as well. Not sure how the process is virtually. Feel free to DM me if you have any other questions!

yeah, no problem! I was technically only waitlisted to Bryn Mawr and my application was put 'on-hold' for further review (which feels the same as a waitlist to me).

Stats:
- 3.85 ug gpa, with upward trend of 4.0 last two years.
- UG: double major + a minor
- 1200+ clinical hours from past career
- Master's degree/research experience + study abroad experience.

These two were my first interviews in the cycle back in October, so I felt more prepared with time and got accepted to all programs in the latter half of the cycle. My last interview was at Hopkins and they gave me an acceptance decision within 24hrs. (Practice makes perfect? idk). Hope this helps!
Yay - congrats!! Have you decided where to go? :)

Yay - congrats!! Have you decided where to go? :)
Thank you!! It's been a stressful few months. Likely going to Hopkins. Reached out to current students and they were really helpful! I was hesitant at first based on some posts about the high attrition rate/cutthroat culture among the postbaccs/undergrads, but the current students I spoke to felt differently and generally very supported. I like how they offer medical tutorials & intro to medicine class beyond the core curriculum. (Also, it would feel weird to pass up on the opportunity to study at such a powerhouse institution).

How about you? Wishing you all the best!

Hi ,
Has anyone done post Bacc at Rutgers . How competitive is it. Does the linkage guarantee admission to medicalschool.
After you have met their criteria, how easy is to get it r into Rutgers Medical School? I have other options like the CUNY. Does anybody have any experience with the CUNY specifically City College I Hunter, Brooklyn College,

Thank you!! It's been a stressful few months. Likely going to Hopkins. Reached out to current students and they were really helpful! I was hesitant at first based on some posts about the high attrition rate/cutthroat culture among the postbaccs/undergrads, but the current students I spoke to felt differently and generally very supported. I like how they offer medical tutorials & intro to medicine class beyond the core curriculum. (Also, it would feel weird to pass up on the opportunity to study at such a powerhouse institution).

How about you? Wishing you all the best!
That's wonderful!! I was hesitant at first too but just accepted my offer at Hopkins a couple of weeks ago. A recent grad I talked to also felt well supported and I'm very excited about the medical tutorials. Congrats again and best of luck to everyone who's applying/interviewing/deciding!

That's wonderful!! I was hesitant at first too but just accepted my offer at Hopkins a couple of weeks ago. A recent grad I talked to also felt well supported and I'm very excited about the medical tutorials. Congrats again and best of luck to everyone who's applying/interviewing/deciding!
I am interested in applying to JHU.
What were your stats?
I am an international student and havent guven GRE .
I have 3.68 GPA from foreign degree.

What do you think would be my chances??

Looking back I guess the wait for some of these wasn't as agonizingly long as I thought it was :) Hopefully this helps someone in the future plan out when they submit applications and how they stagger their interviews!

would you mind sharing your stats? i.e. GPA, standardized tests, research, clinical experience. Thanks!