Post-Bac 2024-2025 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jack_sprat

Reaction score
Hey guys!
New to this network, but the posts I've seen regarding career changer post-bacc programs have been super helpful for me in figuring out schools and the app cycle. This 2022-2023 thread is great, but wanted to start a new one to link the community of applicants for the 2024-2025 cycle.

I just applied to BM and Goucher, waiting for Johns Hopkins' to open, and prepping other materials for a second round of apps if need be. Where is everyone else at?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for starting this thread! I've been looking to see if anyone would start one for this year's admission cycle.

I applied to BM, Goucher, Scripps, UVA, GW, and Thomas Jefferson. I heard back from UVA and I got an interview so I'm super excited for that. My application just got verified a couple of days ago so hopefully I hear from others soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied pretty much right when the apps were released (maybe 2-3 day delay from polishing up the essays?) but got a fat rejection letter from Goucher 2 weeks ago haha...Also applied for Scripps, BM, USC so far and praying to hear some positive news soon!

Also yes thank you so much for starting this thread! Excited to see how everyone's progress goes.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Applied to UVA, GW, BM, Goucher, CU Boulder, and TJ all last week. Heard back with interview invites from UVA and GW so far.

While programs differ, all seem to have great linkages to great schools. So different than college/grad school applications where you’re way more focused on “ranking.” Way more relaxed this process!

Hi all! I'm interviewing with UVA next week. Quite nervous about this. Still haven't heard from BM yet.

Hi all! I'm interviewing with UVA next week. Quite nervous about this. Still haven't heard from BM yet.
Good luck!

Also, if anyone wants to practice mock interviews– feel free to message me.

Last edited:
I applied pretty much right when the apps were released (maybe 2-3 day delay from polishing up the essays?) but got a fat rejection letter from Goucher 2 weeks ago haha...Also applied for Scripps, BM, USC so far and praying to hear some positive news soon!

Also yes thank you so much for starting this thread! Excited to see how everyone's progress goes.
I received an interview from Scripps which took place yesterday (it was like a week out from when I got the interview notification). Was accepted and I committed right away!! 🥳 Would love to meet anyone who ends up there, please message me if you end up going!

I received an interview from Scripps which took place yesterday (it was like a week out from when I got the interview notification). Was accepted and I committed right away!! Would love to meet anyone who ends up there, please message me if you end up going!

Omg congratulations! That was quick

Hi all, I wonder for top programs like Scripps, Bryn Mawr, and Goucher, how far are interview slots booked out? Once you receive an interview invite and start scheduling with them, how long do you have to wait to get interviewed? Thanks!

Congrats!! Any tips for the interview? I have mine coming up with Scripps pretty soon. Excited but nervous as well
Congrats on getting an interview! Study your application and be ready to share more about certain experiences (for me it was a job I had in the hospital). Make sure you can clearly talk about why you want to become a doctor. Other than that just be kind~ Please let me know if you get in and commit! :)

Congrats on getting an interview! Study your application and be ready to share more about certain experiences (for me it was a job I had in the hospital). Make sure you can clearly talk about why you want to become a doctor. Other than that just be kind~ Please let me know if you get in and commit! :)
Thank you so much for the advice! I’ll definitely let you know if I hear any good news :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else going to UVA? I just got accepted yesterday and will probably commit to it :)

Ha I’ll let you know- I just interviewed with UVA Thursday. When did you interview?

I interviewed on Thursday too! They did tell me that I would hear from them next week, but guess they were just super efficient. Good luck with yours!

Its ok! I got into Temple this morning, which has more linkages i'm interested in. So, it all worked out!

Interview was very relaxed. There was a group interview and then a 1 on 1. Expect "tell me about yourself" questions. I'm seeing more and more I think interviews are far more about how you respond then the answer themselves. Just remember to smile, be yourself and show your passion! It took me about 10 days to hear back from them.

Interview was very relaxed. There was a group interview and then a 1 on 1. Expect "tell me about yourself" questions. I'm seeing more and more I think interviews are far more about how you respond then the answer themselves. Just remember to smile, be yourself and show your passion! It took me about 10 days to hear back from them.
My interview is this week, so that helps a lot. Thank you!

Hey @haribobears just wanted to let you know that I interviewed today and got in! I did not commit on the spot but I think I will officially commit in a couple of days. Looking forward to meeting you!

Super excited that i'll be attending Bryn Mawr! Wanted to summarize my application process for future applicants.

I applied to UVA, Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Temple, Jefferson, and GW. Rejected at Goucher, received interviews for all the rest.

Interviews: This is probably overkill in regards to number of schools, but I wanted interview practice and I’m happy I did it. I had interviews with BM, Temple, and UVA. All interviews were actually extremely pleasant, far more than I had anticipated. I am a career changer and almost all of my previous interviews i've had in life had been for finance/consulting roles. For most of those interviews I genuinely felt like they were testing my ability to articulate complex responses and or math teasers. This experience was completely different. I genuinely felt like each interviewer wanted to get to know about my experiences.

Application: I have no idea what I did or did not do right. My biggest recommendation would be to apply early. Schools like Temple have 35 seats and many commit right away. Every week that goes by, less seats become available and your competition increases. One thing I would mention is standardized testing. I was even asked about this in my interview. I'm assuming it's extremely important to them, if not one of the most important aspects of the application (for BM & Goucher) because the MCAT is the single most important aspect of your application to med schools and they want to know you'll do well.

I am grateful for all the previous threads that provided a ton of useful information and please message me as i'd love to pay that back to future applicants. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Super excited that i'll be attending Bryn Mawr! Wanted to summarize my application process for future applicants.

For future applicants: I applied to UVA, Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Temple, Jefferson, CU Boulder and GW. Rejected at Goucher, received interviews for all the rest.

Interviews: This is probably overkill in regards to number of schools, but I wanted interview practice and I’m happy I did it. I had interviews with BM, Temple, and UVA. All interviews were actually extremely pleasant, far more than I had anticipated. I am a career changer and almost all of my previous interviews i've had in life had been for finance/consulting roles. For most of those interviews I genuinely felt like they were testing my ability to articulate complex responses and or math teasers. They were stressful and never felt like they cared about who I was, just about my ability to do the work. This experience was completely different. I genuinely felt like each interviewer wanted to get to know about my experiences.

Application: I have no idea what I did or did not do right. My biggest recommendation would be to apply early, assuming you've spent time on your application and are content with it. Schools like Temple have 35 seats and many commit right away. Every week that goes by, less seats become available and your competition increases. One thing I would mention is standardized testing. I was even asked about this in my interview. I'm assuming it's extremely important to them, if not one of the most important aspects of the application (for BM & Goucher) because the MCAT is the single most important aspect of your application to med schools and they want to know you'll do well.

I am grateful for all the previous threads that provided a ton of useful information and please message me as i'd love to pay that back to future applicants. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing, would you mind sharing what your stats are?

How long does it take to hear back from Bryn Mawr, Goucher, and Scripps after interviews? Has anyone committed to one of these programs?

Hi, when the programs ask us to report GRE/SAT scores, are we required to report all of them? I would like to only report one SAT score, though I took the SAT three times and the GRE once. I'm not sure if this is allowed. Thank you!

Hi, when the programs ask us to report GRE/SAT scores, are we required to report all of them? I would like to only report one SAT score, though I took the SAT three times and the GRE once. I'm not sure if this is allowed. Thank you!
You’re fine reporting only one of them!

I applied to Goucher, JHU, Scripps, Bryn Mawr, GW, Temple, Jefferson, U of Vermont, USC (SoCal) and UVA.

I got a rejection from Goucher after about two weeks (bummer). I was accepted to Vermont, but will likely be declining. I interviewed at Temple and Jefferson last week, and I have GW & USC interviews this week.

My applications are in confirmed "review process" by Bryn Mawr, JHU, and UVA. Radio silence from Scripps so far.

Hoping to hear from BM, JHU, UVA, and Scripps.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

Just wanted to share a bit. Applied to Bryn Mawr (Accepted), Scripps (interview was rough and thought they rejected me since they said they didn’t have any space but actually offered deferred admission for the following years cohort?), Goucher (rejected with no interview), JHU (silence), UVA (accepted) , GWU (accepted), Thomas Jefferson (accepted) Agnes Scott (Accepted) and a few more that I haven't heard from but aren't as interested in attending. Will most likely commit to BM! Looking to connect with anyone else who is committing there! or if anyone has any questions about the process or interviews feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Hey guys, wanted to provide an update on my own journey here. I ended up interviewing with Bryn Mawr and Goucher, got accepted at both, and ended up going with Goucher for a few reasons, not least of them being I can finance the program with federal loans.

Anyone else decide on Goucher? I'd love to connect before next year!

Hello! Is anyone going to GW's postbacc program next year? I recently committed to attend and am so excited! Feel free to reach out if you will be at GW, too!

yall is too late to apply now? thinking BM, Goucher, Temple and Jefferson

i know the deadlines but got nervous seeing how early people applied and already got decision

Last edited:
it’s a little bit late but probably not a huge problem. I would just apply ASAP if you can

Hi! wondering how long it took people to hear back from BM, Goucher, and Scripps post-interview? I had all 3 interviews this week (late in the cycle I know lol, but I'm hoping getting an interview must at least mean they have space still?). BM said it would be 2-4 weeks but I heard about getting an interview within a few days of them reviewing my application, so I'm hoping it will be on the shorter side of that!

Hi! wondering how long it took people to hear back from BM, Goucher, and Scripps post-interview? I had all 3 interviews this week (late in the cycle I know lol, but I'm hoping getting an interview must at least mean they have space still?). BM said it would be 2-4 weeks but I heard about getting an interview within a few days of them reviewing my application, so I'm hoping it will be on the shorter side of that!
I just submitted my applications eek. when did you submit and got verified? then when did they get back to you?

I just submitted my applications eek. when did you submit and got verified? then when did they get back to you?
My transcript was verified the day after I submitted my first application (so December 20). Also, I think it took longer than usual for my applications to be reviewed since I applied right before a lot of schools went on winter break!

hope this helps :)
Submitted application in postbaccasApplication confirmed received by schoolInvited to interview
Bryn MawrDec 30Jan 3Jan 10
GoucherDec 19Dec 20 (got an automated email that my app had been received and would be reviewed once it was verified in CAS but also they were on winter break through Jan 8)Jan 9
ScrippsDec 19Jan 11 (my act scores weren't received at first so the verification took longer)Jan 21

Last edited:
My transcript was verified the day after I submitted my first application (so December 20). Also, I think it took longer than usual for my applications to be reviewed since I applied right before a lot of schools went on winter break!

Submitted application in postbaccasApplication confirmed received by schoolInvited to interview
GoucherDec 19Dec 20 (got an automated email that my app had been received and would be reviewed once it was verified in CAS but also they were on winter break through Jan 8)Jan 9
ScrippsDec 19Jan 11 (my act scores weren't received at first so the verification took longer)Jan 21
thanks sm ! v helpful. they are defs taking time to verify mine which is frustrating but oh well! hope you have good news soon

Any updates? Also trying to understand what the turnaround is between interviews and decisions :)

Hey guys, wanted to provide an update on my own journey here. I ended up interviewing with Bryn Mawr and Goucher, got accepted at both, and ended up going with Goucher for a few reasons, not least of them being I can finance the program with federal loans.

Anyone else decide on Goucher? I'd love to connect before next year!
Hi currently debating between Goucher and Bryn Mawr! Is there anything else besides loans that made you choose Goucher?

Congratulations! Where else did you apply and what made you chose BM? I am currently debating between BM and Goucher.
Congrats on two great acceptances! That's definitely a tough decision. Do you mind if I ask how long after the interview you found out about your BM acceptance? I interviewed recently, so trying to get a sense of how long it usually takes :)