This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For me it’s Goucher, BM, Scripps, UVA, CU Boulder, UC San Diego, Temple, UMich, UVM. So far I've only really heard from Goucher and UVA, though the rest have officially acknowledged receipt of my complete application.
How long did it take for you to hear back from Goucher and UVA? And congrats on getting all your apps in -- exciting (but nervewracking) times!

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take for you to hear back from Goucher and UVA? And congrats on getting all your apps in -- exciting (but nervewracking) times!
For me, it took 1 day after verification for Goucher to say they were reviewing my app, then 12 days more for an interview invite. And agreed, so nervous and excited! Good luck to all of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any insight on the UVA interview? What type of stuff do they ask?

Goucher I submitted 9/8 and was rejected 9/16 (ouch lol). UVA I submitted 9/20 and got an interview invite 9/27.

For me, it took 1 day after verification for Goucher to say they were reviewing my app, then 12 days more for an interview invite. And agreed, so nervous and excited! Good luck to all of us!
Oh damn, congrats!! That's an amazing program.
Has anyone heard back from Scripps or Bryn Mawr yet about interviews? Thanks
Nothing yet, just received acknowledgement of receipt from the two of them.

Has anyone interviewed with GWU yet or know of any insight on what to expect for the interview?

No insight on what the GWU interview will be like, as I think 10/8 might be their earliest interview day (I applied super early and this was the first available day). I only know that it'll be 30 minutes with the program director, then another 30 minutes with one of the teaching assistants.

Last recommendation letter on PostbacCAS came in today! I can cross Columbia, Goucher, Thomas Jefferson, and UVA off my list as complete! He also submitted to U Southern California, so that's finished also!

Bryn Mawr, Wash. Uni. (St. Louis), NYU, UPenn, Rider, Fordham, JHU, Northwestern, UDelaware, Scripps, Georgetown, and UMiami are left because I'm too lazy to do the supplements LOL

Reactions: 1 users
I got my first acceptance!!!! University of Vermont. I'm so relieved to know I'm going somewhere lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to Northeastern!

Kind of weird; I found out by getting an email telling me to setup my Northeastern account LOL

UVA sent me an interview request! I'm legit so nervous!

I attended UVA as a first year before transferring out to pursue business. Hope they do not hold that against me lol

I attended UVA as a first year before transferring out to pursue business. Hope they do not hold that against me lol
Congrats!!! You're killing it so far. May I ask how long it took for you to get the interview request?

Congrats!!! You're killing it so far. May I ask how long it took for you to get the interview request?
My application was marked complete on September 30, and I received the interview invite on October 4!

Thank you for all the support! ❤️

Echoing @filmtomd, you're crushing it!! I'm sure you'll do great in the interview! Keep us posted!

Edited to add: And I highly doubt that UVA will hold that against you :)

Congrats!! When is your interview? I got one too for the 13th :) you’re gonna crush it!

Congrats!! When is your interview? I got one too for the 13th :) you’re gonna crush it!
Mine is on the 20th; I am trying to get a slot later in the day (9:30 AM currently) because it would be nice to do it during a lunch break and not have to miss work

Echoing @filmtomd, you're crushing it!! I'm sure you'll do great in the interview! Keep us posted!

Edited to add: And I highly doubt that UVA will hold that against you :)
Thank you! :) I hope to see myself amongst the cohort of post-bacc Wahoos next summer!

Hello all! Yesterday I was rejected from Goucher. This was a disappointment as I work at Hopkins and it would have been near home base. However, today I was accepted to UVM and given interview invites for Temple and George Washington. All my apps were verified on 9.29. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools. Good luck and congrats to all the interviews and acceptances!
I’m sorry to hear about Goucher, but huge congratulations on your acceptance and upcoming interviews! That’s fantastic! :)

Hello all! Yesterday I was rejected from Goucher. This was a disappointment as I work at Hopkins and it would have been near home base. However, today I was accepted to UVM and given interview invites for Temple and George Washington. All my apps were verified on 9.29. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools. Good luck and congrats to all the interviews and acceptances!
Sorry about Goucher, but super amazing job on UVM! Temple and GWU are also great programs, and I know that you will do so well on their interviews!

I, myself, was rejected from University of Southern California today... but, we live and we learn! Hopefully I'll be able to go there for graduate, medical, or doctoral programs. Who knows how this academic journey ends...

Congratulations on your acceptances! I haven't heard back from any programs yet so I'm glad to see that others are starting to get interviews/acceptances. May I ask what the interview process at Goucher was like? Thank you.

Congratulations on your acceptances! I haven't heard back from any programs yet so I'm glad to see that others are starting to get interviews/acceptances. May I ask what the interview process at Goucher was like? Thank you.
For me, the interview was very pleasant and felt more like a conversation than anything. The ladies I interviewed with (20 mins with the Assistant Director, then 40 mins with the Director) were very warm and seemed quite familiar with my application and story. I was fully prepared to answer “tell me about yourself” and “why medicine?” but they didn’t bother asking such broad questions. They wanted to know more of the fine details of my app (my duties in my clinical experience, current job, and other extracurriculars from college), so it was also important that I reviewed my resume/activities/PS beforehand. Then Betsy (Director) took some time to explain the structure/schedule of the program, gave a brief overview of their volunteer opportunities and Glide year positions, and answered any questions I had. I’m so blown away by the interview (+class observation & student Q&A) process— everyone seems so genuinely kind, collaborative, and invested in the postbacs’ success. I hope this helps!

And hang in there, I’m sure you will hear back from programs soon! Keep us posted! :)

For me, the interview was very pleasant and felt more like a conversation than anything. The ladies I interviewed with (20 mins with the Assistant Director, then 40 mins with the Director) were very warm and seemed quite familiar with my application and story. I was fully prepared to answer “tell me about yourself” and “why medicine?” but they didn’t bother asking such broad questions. They wanted to know more of the fine details of my app (my duties in my clinical experience, current job, and other extracurriculars from college), so it was also important that I reviewed my resume/activities/PS beforehand. Then Betsy (Director) took some time to explain the structure/schedule of the program, gave a brief overview of their volunteer opportunities and Glide year positions, and answered any questions I had. I’m so blown away by the interview (+class observation & student Q&A) process— everyone seems so genuinely kind, collaborative, and invested in the postbacs’ success. I hope this helps!

And hang in there, I’m sure you will hear back from programs soon! Keep us posted! :)
Thank you for such a thorough reply! Appreciate it. :)

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it typically take for Goucher to get back to you? My last LoR was submitted last week! Just kind of nervous and making sure I didn't mess anything up or forget anything!

Also, has anyone heard back from Columbia or Thomas Jefferson?

Rejected from Goucher without an interview a couple of minutes ago...

I cursed myself

I cursed myself
Oh gosh I’m so sorry to hear that 😔 but hey stay strong and keep moving forward, you’ve got an interview to a great program coming up and an acceptance in the bag already! You got this.

I cursed myself
Ack, we're in the same boat. I just got rejected from Scripps lol.
What all do you know about UVM? I feel like it's been hard finding a lot of info on it. I know it's not particularly structured, but that post-baccs get some kind of participation w the med school's grand rounds. :love: Larner itself sounds super cool.

Ack, we're in the same boat. I just got rejected from Scripps lol.

What all do you know about UVM? I feel like it's been hard finding a lot of info on it. I know it's not particularly structured, but that post-baccs get some kind of participation w the med school's grand rounds. :love: Larner itself sounds super cool.
Same! Just got rejected from Scripps without an interview lol. (In a way, it's nice... so I can focus more on other programs, rather then dwell on wanting a program that's not a good fit/doesn't want me). Thank u, next :rofl:

Hi! I applied to a bunch of schools: UVA, GWU, Jefferson, Georgetown, Columbia, American and NYU.

I have only heard back from GWU and Jefferson and have interviews for both coming up. Did anyone have any interviews yet for either school and, if so, did you feel ok during it? I'll also definitely update everyone after the interviews.

Good luck to everyone :)

I applied to Bryn Mawr, Goucher, UPenn, JHU and La Salle on Monday.

Heard back from Bryn Mawr today. Interviewing on Monday, October 18. Anyone else interviewing that day?

Good Luck!

Hi! I applied to a bunch of schools: UVA, GWU, Jefferson, Georgetown, Columbia, American and NYU.

I have only heard back from GWU and Jefferson and have interviews for both coming up. Did anyone have any interviews yet for either school and, if so, did you feel ok during it? I'll also definitely update everyone after the interviews.

Hello! I have my GWU interview coming up tomorrow, so if yours is after that, I could share my experience afterwards :) Good luck!!
I applied to Bryn Mawr, Goucher, UPenn, JHU and La Salle on Monday.

Heard back from Bryn Mawr today. Interviewing on Monday, October 18. Anyone else interviewing that day?

Good Luck!
Ahh that's great to hear!! Congrats on the interview from BM! I submitted all the way back in August and have not heard back yet, so fingers crossed that you were one of the early ones to hear ;) Best of luck to you!!

When did you apply to Jefferson, out of curiosity? I have not heard back yet...

have my first interview today and the nerves are definitely kicking in!! and just an aside: even though I don't actually know any of you i'm so proud of you all anyway!!! we got this.

have my first interview today and the nerves are definitely kicking in!! and just an aside: even though I don't actually know any of you i'm so proud of you all anyway!!! we got this.
Good luck! Also have my first interview today. I'm sure we're going to be GREAT

Just got an email from Goucher saying they're putting my application on hold because the admissions committee was "unable to make an interview decision" and that my application will be reviewed periodically at their committee meetings. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm unsure of what to make of it lol

Got an interview invite from Goucher today! Very surprised that my first invitations came from Bryn Mawr and Goucher.

Any notes about the Director/Assistant Director personality/interviewing style? I get the impression that it's fairly laidback.

Also, has anyone done the virtual get-together with current Goucher students and/or class observation?

Just got an email from Goucher saying they're putting my application on hold because the admissions committee was "unable to make an interview decision" and that my application will be reviewed periodically at their committee meetings. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm unsure of what to make of it lol
I'd say that's a good thing -- they haven't counted you out!

Hey y'all! I just finished my interview with GWU, and although I think it went great, I was sidetracked with an email I received from Goucher right before that I've been accepted to their program! I can't believe it! Feeling so grateful, please let me know if I can be of help to anyone in this process.

@asfhxmf Yes, the interview I had with them were very relaxed. I'd say the best thing is to really know your own journey/story well, along with your activities and experiences. Just so you can anticipate any probing questions they may have about them. And I also did the Physics class observation and student Q&A, so if you had any questions about that, feel free to PM me. :) Congratulations on your invites, that's amazing!

Hey y'all! I just finished my interview with GWU, and although I think it went great, I was sidetracked with an email I received from Goucher right before that I've been accepted to their program! I can't believe it! Feeling so grateful, please let me know if I can be of help to anyone in this process.

@asfhxmf Yes, the interview I had with them were very relaxed. I'd say the best thing is to really know your own journey/story well, along with your activities and experiences. Just so you can anticipate any probing questions they may have about them. And I also did the Physics class observation and student Q&A, so if you had any questions about that, feel free to PM me. :) Congratulations on your invites, that's amazing!
CONGRATS!!! That is absolutely amazing, well done! I have my gwu interview very soon -- how did it go/what types of questions did they ask?

Congratulations! That is an amazing achievement! :)

CONGRATS!!! That is absolutely amazing, well done! I have my gwu interview very soon -- how did it go/what types of questions did they ask?
Thank you!! Omg ok let me see… they asked about my experiences (current job and what I can take from it and apply to medicine… clinical experience… academic history). They also asked some questions like, do I have any experience being in a team and my role in that team, what kind of doctor I wanna be, why a physician, why this postbac, what would you do if you didn’t get into a postbac.

I didn’t feel tripped up by anything at all, as long as you know your app very well you’ll totally do fine! Director was nice and at the end of it he said I did a good job, TA was nice and lots of pauses to take notes. I hope this helps. Good luck!!

I had my GW interview today and idk what to make of it. The first part was very intimidating and I couldn't get much out without being told I wasn't answering the question even if I were. It seemed kinda like they were trying to see how I dealt with pressure. I'd give more weird comments but I don't want to be too specific for anonymity (and not to worry anyone bc I think this was a rare experience). The second interview went fantastically and completely calmed my nerves, though! I'm not sure if the first part was just a tactic the specific interviewer uses because I didn't hear of anyone having a similar experience and/or similar questions/responses. But, again, second interviewer was super sweet and we seemed to really connect!

Has anyone had any experience similar to this is any post-bac interview (GW or not)? I've heard of this tactic for med and job interviews but not for any post-bac interviews.

Damn, congrats! That’s amazing. You deserve this!

I had my GW interview today and idk what to make of it. The first part was very intimidating and I couldn't get much out without being told I wasn't answering the question even if I were. It seemed kinda like they were trying to see how I dealt with pressure. I'd give more weird comments but I don't want to be too specific for anonymity (and not to worry anyone bc I think this was a rare experience). The second interview went fantastically and completely calmed my nerves, though! I'm not sure if the first part was just a tactic the specific interviewer uses because I didn't hear of anyone having a similar experience and/or similar questions/responses. But, again, second interviewer was super sweet and we seemed to really connect!

Has anyone had any experience similar to this is any post-bac interview (GW or not)? I've heard of this tactic for med and job interviews but not for any post-bac interviews.

Man, I’m sorry about that. I’ve had experiences like this for job interviews but not otherwise. I wonder if you could look at their faculty on their website and assess who it was and whether it seems like that would have been a tactic. Regardless, you did great on the second half, so congratulations on that!

I had a different experience at GW. I really enjoyed the interview there the most. Maybe we had different interviewers @helloitisi

just got rejected from Scripps without interview. places that ive interviewed/offered interviews are BM, Goucher, UVA, and CWRU. accepted to UVM as well.

Im kind of nervous to post on here. but once I accept an offer I'll give some more info about how interviews have gone for me if anyone is interested :D