***PEDS Official 2023 PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey everyone, first time applicant here and was wondering is there usually only one round of interview invites that go out? Or do they send out a second round after applicants decline? Just wondering if not receiving an email on the dates listed above means i am totally out of the running. Thanks!
Wondering the same thing! Every program is probably different, but some insight would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from the Hawaii program? It's way past when they sent emails last cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Indiana University. Received today via email at 10am MST. Zoom (Virtual informal social gathering on either Sunday evening November 6th or Thursday evening, November 17th. Individual interviews will be conducted via zoom on Monday November 7th and Friday November 18th.)

Interview invite: Northwell Cohen Children Medical Center (in NY)

Dates are:
November 3rd
November 10th
November 17th.

5 hours long interview virtual, including a virtual social with the residents the night before.

:)

Last edited:
Interview invite: Northwell Cohen Children Medical Center (in NY) - Virtual, Request your own date :)
was it through email of phone call. If I didn't hear anything does that mean its over for me for this program?

was it through email of phone call. If I didn't hear anything does that mean its over for me for this program?
It was email. In the email, it said that they want the interviewee to reply asap to either accept or decline the interview offer, so they can give to the next candidate if it's declined. So I guess there's a waitlist? I wouldn't give up just yet. You got this.

It was email. In the email, it said that they want the interviewee to reply asap to either accept or decline the interview offer, so they can give to the next candidate if it's declined. So I guess there's a waitlist? I wouldn't give up just yet. You got this.
thanks for the encouragement ! best of luck to ur interview ! :)

I'm sorry if someone already asked but what happens if you miss a phone call for an interview? Do they send out an email afterwards or do you wait for them to call again?

IMG_7301.JPG

From last year's thread but still so true 😂😂 Good luck everyone. Hopefully, we all get more interview notifications this week!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hennepin sent out another round of invites via email. In person or virtual (11/11 or 11/14)

Interview invite: Northwell Cohen Children Medical Center (in NY)

Dates are:
November 3rd
November 10th
November 17th.

5 hours long interview virtual, including a virtual social with the residents the night before.

:)
I emailed back yesterday morning to accept the interview invite at Northwell and requested interview dates on either 11/3 and 11/10. Both are now longer available and I will be out of the country on 11/17. Any chance anyone might be able to switch 11/17 for either 11/3 or 11/10? Please message if anyone sees this and is able to switch!

Last edited:
Does anyone have a virtual interview at Yakima on 11/10? I am in a time crunch and was wondering if anyone would be willing to switch to an earlier time in the day. Please message me if you are willing.

UT Houston interview invitation received via email at 1:33pm CST for choice of interview dates 11/16,11/17,11/18

LSU interview invitation received via email at 1:58pm CST for choice of interview dates 11/10 or 11/11

Did anyone who heard from UT San Antonio receive an offer for the 11/11 date? I'm wondering if maybe they only sent the invites for 10/28 so far?

UT Memphis interview invite received via email received 4:14pm CST for choice of interview dates 11/14 or 11/15

This probably a dumb question(and it's my nervousness talking 😬) but do schools send out the emails at the same time? Like a mass email? It's just I see everyone posting the time they got the email so I'm thinking if I didn't get the email at that specific time, I'm no longer considered🤨

University of Florida invite via e-mail Oct. 6. Interview in person 11/4 or 11/7 with a social the night before.

Has anyone received a payment confirmation from programs that still require a check? It’s so frustrating and weird

Children's Hospital of Colorado invites sent this afternoon. Nov 13th social and Nov 14th In person interview.

Updated 10/6/22 9:56 PM EST

2023 Cycle:
1. Case Western Reserve University - (call 9/8) in-person interviews: 10/9 and 10/10
2. Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – November class, (email sent 9/9) in-person interview: 9/15
3. Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics KC, MO - (email sent 9/15) virtual interview: 10/24 with M&G night before
4. Denver Health Medical Center - (email sent 9/15) in-person interviews: 10/10 or 10/24
5. Hennepin County Medical Center - (email sent 9/6) in-person or zoom: 10/28, 11/4, 11/11 or 11/14
6. Medical University of South Carolina - (email sent 9/12 and 9/21) in-person: 11/1 or 11/8 with social night before
7. Nova Southeastern University- (email sent 9/9) in person interview: 10/14, offered 10/7 with social day before
8. NYU Langone - Casa Grande, AZ – (email sent 9/15) virtual interview: 9/26
9. University of Alabama at Birmingham - (email sent 9/14) in-person interview: 10/7
10. University of Nevada Las Vegas - (email sent 8/31) in-person interview: 10/25
11. University of North Carolina - (phone call 9/13) interview: 11/3
12. Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University - (phone call 9/17) in-person interview: 10/17
13. Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital - (email sent 9/19) virtual interviews: 11/4, 11/7, 11/10
14. Cincinnati Childrens - (phone call 9/20) in-person interviews 11/6-7 & 11/13-14
15. MUSC (email on 9/21) -interview dates 11/1 or 11/8 with optional socials the night before your selected date!
16. NYU Langone - Yakima, WA - (email sent 9/22) interviews: 11/10
17. University of Iowa - (phone call 9/23) interviews: 10/22-23
18. New York University - (email sent 9/23) interviews: 10/31 and 11/2
19. UPMC (email sent 9/23) interviews: style/dates unknown
20. NYU Langone - Columbia, MO - (email sent 9/26) virtual interview: 10/6
21. Primary Children's Hospital - (email sent 9/26) in-person interview: Social 11/10 and interview 11/11
22. Geisinger Medical Center - (email 9/26): virtual 10/14, 10/17 or 10/21, M&G night before
23. VCU- (email 9/27): in-person interview 10/24 or 10/25 + social (tbd)
24. UIC- (phone 09/28)- in-person interview 10/11, 10/18, or 10/25 with social night before.
25. University of Washington- (phone 09/29) -vitural interview -dates TBD
26. Nicklaus Children’s Hospital- (phone 09/29) in person interview Oct 19 with social the night before.
27. UT San Antonio (phone 09/29)- in person interview on 10/28 with social this night before!
28. NYU Langone- Kasas (e-mail 9/29) Virtual 10/12
29. University of Toledo-(email 9/30)-Virtual interview 10/28
30. Indiana University (email 10/3) - virtual 11/7 and 11/18 with virtual social before
31. Northwell Cohen Children Medical Center (email 10/3) - virtual 11/3, 11/10 or 11/17 with social night before
32. Tufts University (10/4) - in person 11/4
33. Nemours in Delaware (email 10/4) - virtual 11/7
34.UT Houston interview invitation(email 10/05)- interview dates 11/16,11/17,11/18
35.LSU email (email 10/05)- interview dates 11/10 or 11/11
36.Louisville (email 10/05)- in person interview 11/01
37.University of Florida/Gainesville(email 10/06)- in person interview 11/4 or 11/7 with a social the night before.
38.Children's Hospital of Colorado (email 10/06)- in person interview 11/13 and social and 11/14
39. USC (email 10/06)- in person interview TBD

is it bad to call/email program and ask if all interview invites have been extended already?

Anyone else getting ghosted/rejected by all of those programs that already sent interview invites? lol low key stressing over here. I got 1 interview out of 14 schools, and I've already crossed out 8 that I got ghosted from. Thought I had a strong app but maybe not :)

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
University of Minnesota invite received 10/6. Virtual interview December 5th.

Anyone else getting ghosted/rejected by all of those programs that already sent interview invites? lol low key stressing over here. I got 1 interview out of 14 schools, and I've already crossed out 8 that I got ghosted from. Thought I had a strong app but maybe not :)
🙋‍♀️

The Ohio state University - Interview Invite - phone call 10:00am. Waiting email confirmation

University of Michigan phone call around 11:15 am EST for interview invite. In person interviews in Ann Arbor (day 1) and Flint (day 2) on November 7th and 8th!

UCSF 3-year track email sent today around 12 pm EST for in person interviews either 11/1 or 11/15 with informal resident social the night before

Anyone heard back from Children’s Hospital Pittsburgh? Last year they sent out invites on 9/27.

I know it's stressful, but just remember, you only need one :)

Anyone else getting annoyed that people keep posting the updated list every 12 hours? Thats all this feed is. Just do it every Sunday night like previous cycles. Vent over. Also, #6 and #15 are the same program: Medical University of South Carolina AKA MUSC

Anyone else getting annoyed that people keep posting the updated list every 12 hours? Thats all this feed is. Just do it every Sunday night like previous cycles. Vent over. Also, #6 and #15 are the same program: Medical University of South Carolina AKA MUSC

Thank you for your contribution.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users