part -1 in july 2004...........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everybody
can u plz tell me if anybody from NYC preparing for Part 1 in July

Members don't see this ad.

hey buddy,it's ok don't get tensed.Try to utilise whatever free time u get effectively n also even if u study for only a few hrs it's the time u spent productively which counts!my studies are also in a very slow pace....somedays okay n sometimes jus slog..!Try to get ur ece eval done ASAP n also try to take 1 month off before the exam so u can utilise the maximum time.Good luck.Take care :)
in b/w welcome dent_ist

hi .. i am new to this site. i am doing my internship in india and is planning to give the part 1 in july 2004. happy to join with u all.

Members don't see this ad :)
dr said:
hi .. i am new to this site. i am doing my internship in india and is planning to give the part 1 in july 2004. happy to join with u all.
hi.welcome aboard..................................all the best..........
which coll in india....................................................

wiztooth said:
hey buddy,it's ok don't get tensed.Try to utilise whatever free time u get effectively n also even if u study for only a few hrs it's the time u spent productively which counts!my studies are also in a very slow pace....somedays okay n sometimes jus slog..!Try to get ur ece eval done ASAP n also try to take 1 month off before the exam so u can utilise the maximum time.Good luck.Take care :)
in b/w welcome dent_ist
hi wiz.............all the best .....do well............................

gorur said:
Hai den tist,

U've come to the best network.All u'r queries will be answered here.Don't get scared .Hit the books n plan everythng acoording 2 u'r xam date.
Hard work surely pays....My wishes r with u...
Goodluck :thumbup:
gorur

HI GORUR!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR UR BEST WISHES!!!!!

meetlife said:
hi .....missing gowrishankar alot.....................well he was postgraduate in our coll..........
welcome.......study well..........
study......got decks?????papers????get started......
do not worry....enough people to motivate u.......so stay in touch and lemme know if i can be of some help......................
do well............................ :luck:

hi meetlife !!
i have got dental decks & kaplan ,i finished my 1st reading with DD.......but i dont remember anything .......... :rolleyes:
well ..........thanks for ur help :love: ........if i need any help ,i ll ask u ....
thanks in advance for that :)

bye n take care
dent_ist.........

thank you,meetlife&toothzone.Iam trying to get this book from a medical library.

wiztooth said:
in b/w welcome dent_ist

hi wiztooth!
nice to see ur mail......... i wii try to do my best! :luck:

meetlife said:
hi no ur fine.............thanks alot.......
well.... :thumbdown: i hate internship it sucks..............i am an optimist but this is difficult :scared: when others are putting in 7-8 hours per day and me just 3-4 hours per day and 2 more hours when i fight my sleep on caffeine....................i am worried.....may take leave for one month..........coll too strict...one of the disadvantges of studying in one of the best in india........
all the best to all................
hey meetlife u r frm kmc right? i think internship is the best period to study, u have a dental library whr u can go and study. here is wht some of my classmates did whn they were studying for part1 during internship. they took permission frm their respective dept and used to sit in the library and study. see if u can manage this in ur school. most of the profs are very supportive especially if u r giving ur boards or cet or any other exam for further studies.try getting permission frm ur dean if necessary.
if u take a months time off thn u will have to do an extra month b4 u can complete intership(i dont know how it is in ur college)
one of my classmates got a 98%in part1 whn she was in internship. does tht cheer u up now? :)

iam from banglore.. hi meet life..where u from?

hi meetlife i am in the same condition as u are. its difficult to study during internship.. and my college is also strict regarding posting. are u planning to give part1 in july2004? how is the preparation going? mine is not that satisfactory.. but still i am trying.. now with kaplan notes.. what about u?

Hi meetlife n dr lets see
ya....what Ann suggested is really good...!Even in our college they used to give permission to go n study in the libr for any competitive exams.if there r many patients then u can come n attend them.....or our other friends posted in the dept used to take care of them.Even in my opinion n as per my internship experience in our college...internship is THE Best period to study.In ur college strict in the sense....wouldn't they let u study like this!?Then that'll be sad......n in that case try to sit seperately aside n can do the revision of the previous day topics or s'thing I guess......jus my 2 cents :oops: :D
Good luck.......take care :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ann 03 said:
hey meetlife u r frm kmc right? i think internship is the best period to study, u have a dental library whr u can go and study. here is wht some of my classmates did whn they were studying for part1 during internship. they took permission frm their respective dept and used to sit in the library and study. see if u can manage this in ur school. most of the profs are very supportive especially if u r giving ur boards or cet or any other exam for further studies.try getting permission frm ur dean if necessary.
if u take a months time off thn u will have to do an extra month b4 u can complete intership(i dont know how it is in ur college)
one of my classmates got a 98%in part1 whn she was in internship. does tht cheer u up now? :)
well thanks for the suggestion.......but KMC MCODS........................permission..i do not stand any chance................well they are clear abt it.......only option is to take 1 or 2 months extension.................
all the best......
thanks.......

dr said:
hi meetlife i am in the same condition as u are. its difficult to study during internship.. and my college is also strict regarding posting. are u planning to give part1 in july2004? how is the preparation going? mine is not that satisfactory.. but still i am trying.. now with kaplan notes.. what about u?
hi..........................i am in MCODS......KMC MANGALORE...........I AM JUST DOING DECKS AND PAPERS NOW......biochem is in tombstones...........
doing something.....did lippincots.....i will tell ya something...ever heard of U sita ram acharaya........(USA ).....biochem book...........well we all read from that in 1st year.........author is from our coll....see if u can get hold of that book.....................lippincotsw explains......but this book gives all ready made answers....precise,..............................
all the best......

wiztooth said:
ya....what Ann suggested is really good...!Even in our college they used to give permission to go n study in the libr for any competitive exams.if there r many patients then u can come n attend them.....or our other friends posted in the dept used to take care of them.Even in my opinion n as per my internship experience in our college...internship is THE Best period to study.In ur college strict in the sense....wouldn't they let u study like this!?Then that'll be sad......n in that case try to sit seperately aside n can do the revision of the previous day topics or s'thing I guess......jus my 2 cents :oops: :D
hi wiz...................................all the best...how r u doing..............see ya later.......

meetlife said:
well thanks for the suggestion.......but KMC MCODS........................permission..i do not stand any chance................well they are clear abt it.......only option is to take 1 or 2 months extension.................
all the best......
thanks.......
well will u get ur degree certificate even if u take extension? or will they give u only after u finished ur entire internship?well in rajiv gandhi university the internship gets completed only in nov- dec. so u get the degree certificate only in jan. and many schools here need a degree certificate tocomplete the application. so the entire process gets delayed. i am hoping tht since kmc mlore is autonomous, they finish intership in june -july. tht way even if u extend ur internship by a month or 2 ur still fine.
as far as studying is concerned the more time u have the more u waste :D thts wht happens with me and am sure with many others. anyway the grass is greener on the other side right :D .
u have been studying for a 2-3 months now. i think u will do well. its not the amount of time spent, but the quality which matters. concentrate on wht u study.dont worry u will get good marks. did u send in ur ece?

Hi Meetlife,
I agree with Ann,I had a though time convincing my Prof's to cut short my extensions so that i could make it to my BU interview..Had to get it postponed coz' of the same reason.A friend of mine got a 93 on her exam studying the way you are now.Try not to take time off from school..NYU(if your planning on applying to)does not accept your PDC,you have to send in your original.So if you want to join NYU Fall'05,you are better off minus the extensions.Good luck!

Ann 03 said:
well will u get ur degree certificate even if u take extension? or will they give u only after u finished ur entire internship?well in rajiv gandhi university the internship gets completed only in nov- dec. so u get the degree certificate only in jan. and many schools here need a degree certificate tocomplete the application. so the entire process gets delayed. i am hoping tht since kmc mlore is autonomous, they finish intership in june -july. tht way even if u extend ur internship by a month or 2 ur still fine.
as far as studying is concerned the more time u have the more u waste :D thts wht happens with me and am sure with many others. anyway the grass is greener on the other side right :D .
u have been studying for a 2-3 months now. i think u will do well. its not the amount of time spent, but the quality which matters. concentrate on wht u study.dont worry u will get good marks. did u send in ur ece?
hi.........ann......i guess i wont be able to apply this year............as i wil finish my internship officially on 17 nov.........and if i come to US(i mean if i get the visa)......i will take one month leave...........so that makes it dec 17........and i will get my degree by 20th dec.........and also i paln to take up part -2 once i finish with part -1................so i guess i can take the extension................
i understand abt the quality work.....but somehow i feel we can never be very confident abt the exam...with such a vast ocean to study..........well i fully agree to that more the time more we waste.......and yes grass is always very green on the other side.........so no probs buddy..................study very well.......thanks for all your encouraging words.......
may GOD bless you....
thanks a lot once again.... :luck: :luck:

wiztooth said:
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....................wiz.................
how r u doing buddy..................................
me slogging and u can see.........sulking....... :eek:....exam blues....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
wiz.......its ok..i have decided to take extension....and stay in hostel instead of going home......b/w scorching sun of chandigarh and mangalore.....i choose mangalore..........
as far as permission is concerned........well so many people are studying....with KCET open for us and COMEDK......entrance......no. of seats has really increased............so almost every batchmate of mine is studying..........so coll can not give leave to everyone.........................
all the best........do well.....
take care......................
may GOD bless you.

pinkpeanuts said:
Hi Meetlife,
I agree with Ann,I had a though time convincing my Prof's to cut short my extensions so that i could make it to my BU interview..Had to get it postponed coz' of the same reason.A friend of mine got a 93 on her exam studying the way you are now.Try not to take time off from school..NYU(if your planning on applying to)does not accept your PDC,you have to send in your original.So if you want to join NYU Fall'05,you are better off minus the extensions.Good luck!
hi pink peanuts....i guess i will be able to apply for 2006......as i will get my degree by dec 2004..can not help it......so iam.....planning to take leave.............

thanks a lot.............
all the best......
may GOD bless u..... :luck: :luck:

hi how ru?????
long time no see.....
studying well...
all the best
do well.....
may GOD BLESS U.............

meetlife said:
hi.........ann......i guess i wont be able to apply this year............as i wil finish my internship officially on 17 nov.........and if i come to US(i mean if i get the visa)......i will take one month leave...........so that makes it dec 17........and i will get my degree by 20th dec.........and also i paln to take up part -2 once i finish with part -1................so i guess i can take the extension................
i understand abt the quality work.....but somehow i feel we can never be very confident abt the exam...with such a vast ocean to study..........well i fully agree to that more the time more we waste.......and yes grass is always very green on the other side.........so no probs buddy..................study very well.......thanks for all your encouraging words.......
may GOD bless you....
thanks a lot once again.... :luck: :luck:
do apply to all the schools u can this yr. if u get in thn its good. otherwise u can always apply in 2006. all the best.

Hi,
Starting with MP..seems like a load..!!!..I hope that Im able to review things faster ..instead of daydreaming .. :D
Keep posting your updates guys..
Thanks
Toothzone

Hi guys

I need a little help here.I know there r alot of questions on time of eruption in DA but i am confused about the timming of eruptions well the kaplan book and Wheelers have diffrent times of eruption for Primary teeth which one r u guys sticking with i am going to post the table for both of them soooooooooooooooooo please let me know which one is the right one :confused: :confused: :confused:

this table is from kaplan book

MAXIALLARY .

Central incisor 7.5
Lateral incisor 9
canine 18
First molar 14
Second molar 24

MANDIBULAR

Central incisor 6
Lateral incisor 9
canine 16
First molar 12
Second molar 20

According to WHEELERS

Maxillary
Central incisor 10
Lateral incisor 11
canine 19
First molar 16
Second molar 29

MANDIBULAR
Central incisor 8
Lateral incisor 13
canine 16
First molar 20
Second molar 27

U can see that there is alot of differnce b/w these two table so please tell me which one to go with well both of these books have the same table for permanent theeth.

BOND

Hi everybody I am also appearing for july Part 1 2004 . Anybody in NYC and ready to prepare for combined study. plz let me know
Bye..

Bond said:
Hi guys

I need a little help here.I know there r alot of questions on time of eruption in DA but i am confused about the timming of eruptions well the kaplan book and Wheelers have diffrent times of eruption for Primary teeth which one r u guys sticking with i am going to post the table for both of them soooooooooooooooooo please let me know which one is the right one :confused: :confused: :confused
U can see that there is alot of differnce b/w these two table so please tell me which one to go with well both of these books have the same table for permanent theeth.
BOND

hi..........................well bond we in coll always follow wheelers.....so i am comfortable with wheelers......and well yes stick to the answers in the reprints.......
hope this helps......

hi Metlife

thanx. I am surely going to stick with wheelers

Thanx again

BOND

i am so slow at DA.........i feel like banging my head against the wall......just started............what to do????????? :confused: :confused:

Hi Bond,
It's always better to stick onto Wheeler's(it's one of the reference texts given by ADA)and when in doubt to the answers in the past papers.

Hi meetlife,
same here.Am still stuck with micro/path.Dunno when i'll start my most dreaded subject DA ,even :scared: to think abt it!!
Good Luck dear :luck: :luck:

wiztooth said:
Hi meetlife,
same here.Am still stuck with micro/path.Dunno when i'll start my most dreaded subject DA ,even :scared: to think abt it!!
Good Luck dear :luck: :luck:
hi wiz.........start with DA.......EVEN IF LITTLE BY LITTLE....DO SOMETHING EVERYDAY......IT WIL BE EASY THEN....ALL THE BEST......DO WELL :luck:

Me Too ,havent Started With Da..stillgot Papers To Finish

hello everybody could anyone please let me know if decks , asda papers are sufficient in relation to particularly biochemistry/ physiology , micro/ patho.thanx.

Hai bond i second what meetlife and wiz...have told about sticking to Wheeler's.

Hai meetlife,wiz,boggu,
How'z all u'r prep goin on?Everytime i start doin a paper..looking at the score i feel so dissapointed that i revert back to study theory again.So that leaves me doing neither papers properly nor the theoretical portion..God save me.....and all of us ..

people

do NOT not do the papers....theory is imp I agree....but papers are the best......at first u will get miserably low marks.....but as u go on solving them u will start getting the hang of them....also u will start recognising the ques which are repeated quite often.....make a chart and each time u solve the papers not ur score......trust me the score will go on increasing......all the best......

Hey Karu1977,
Gimme 3 months time..I will let you know if the Decks and question papers are enough :D.
I am finding DA very easy compared to Biochem...Even path seems ok compared to it :(
p.s I just noticed a huge difference in the quality of questions....
I did July '78 Anat and scored 62/98.....Got fully excited! Had a bath!....tried '98 Anat, got 49..
By the 101 cousins of Arjuna!, that's creepy. Either questions back then were easier..or I've just proved that having a headbath causes loss of memory!!! hmmm..thinking of which...no wonder I was never a rank holder...grrrr Decided not to have a headbath for 3 months! Probably will help me score 99!

hI gorur,
Don't loose heart ...I just realised today was may 1st & there is so little time ...so decided to go on with papers & decks only...maybe now & then check books for doubts : ...no point just going on with text .Keep your spirits high .Give it your best shot ...God will do the rest.Good LUCK!

hI ajay,
I really like your sense of humour ;) ...that reminds me :rolleyes: I had a head bath too :scared: ...today, :eek: so I better not do the papers today, :idea: don't know how many of the answers went down the drain :p ....3 months is a long time :confused: ...buddy......is there away to let the water flow but retain the answers :laugh: : ...pls share the secret.:) :love:

wow my dear SDN buddies...I feel so nice n refreshed by all ur friendly advices n the support u offer :love:

gorur....I second gpg n Boggu

Ajay... u r hilarious man

karu1977.....I feel decks n papers are sufficient....but if u r in doubt can refer to kaplan n for biochem Lippincott's along with kaplan.These decks are only taking lots of time for me...still i gotta do the papers.....so jus refering books only when I'm in doubt.

Good Luck One & All :luck:

gpg said:
people

do NOT not do the papers....theory is imp I agree....but papers are the best......at first u will get miserably low marks.....but as u go on solving them u will start getting the hang of them....also u will start recognising the ques which are repeated quite often.....make a chart and each time u solve the papers not ur score......trust me the score will go on increasing......all the best......

Hi, GPG..
I did not get your advice ..are you saying that we should not do the papers!!!!!...what excatly do you mean by that ???..This is so totally out of scync!!!!... :eek: :mad: ...
without the asda papers ..you cannot hope to even pass the ndb..!!!!!
Toothzone

I know not too many of us love mathematics(I do but ....)....and don't remember everything......but I am sure u all will remember addition and subtraction ....so when I say do NOT....not do the papers .....I mean....do not leave the papers aside......in simple words.....DO the papers.....sorry if I confused you all.....

I have already taken the Part I once and that time had only scanned the papers.......and that helped me get 84......this time I am also reading the High Yield series for Biochem,Micro and Neuroanatomy....all are good and I highly recommend them...specially the Biochem one....for those with time,the Lippincott text for Biochem is a must.

But we all HAVE to have the Decks and the papers absolutely by heart....so when any of the questions are repeated we can solve those without wasting any time and use that for the new ones.....

All the best!

AjayDas said:
Hey Karu1977,
Gimme 3 months time..I will let you know if the Decks and question papers are enough :D.
I am finding DA very easy compared to Biochem...Even path seems ok compared to it :(
p.s I just noticed a huge difference in the quality of questions....
I did July '78 Anat and scored 62/98.....Got fully excited! Had a bath!....tried '98 Anat, got 49..
By the 101 cousins of Arjuna!, that's creepy. Either questions back then were easier..or I've just proved that having a headbath causes loss of memory!!! hmmm..thinking of which...no wonder I was never a rank holder...grrrr Decided not to have a headbath for 3 months! Probably will help me score 99!
congratulations ........ajay ..to your parents.........finally u took the bath......well i guess ur surely following the calvins footsteps.........
i also feel...that recently the trend has changed.....latest question papers are more difficult...............hope for the best.....

ok..so how is it going.........
well......just doing decks and papers...............
wiz.......how r u doing???
gorur.....just do the papers and decks....
boggu.....well.....sir all the best.......
all the best to all and take care

hi all....we are in the penultimate shell and i am scared of capsizing..........
may GOd bless us all.....

ok.....but i have to ask this..........do u guys feel confident.......i mean the way we feel before the theory exams..................do u guys feel the magic is not very far off.....kinda worried...............
all the best to all..............................

I was just wondering if anyone here has opted for University of Toronto,Canada as their exam centre. It would be nice meeting some fellow SDN member.

Well Boggu, we CAN try water conservation...we drink the water after having a bath....get the memory cells back into our system...get international recognition for saving precious water and scoring high in part1 :D

GPG has just managed to fill me up with confidence..thanks to his 84 with just the question papers.

Naah Meetlife, me not having bath till I am sure about memory loss stuff ;) Guess I will wait for a reply from Boggu regarding my water conservation plan

gorur said:
Hai bond i second what meetlife and wiz...have told about sticking to Wheeler's.

Hai meetlife,wiz,boggu,
How'z all u'r prep goin on?Everytime i start doin a paper..looking at the score i feel so dissapointed that i revert back to study theory again.So that leaves me doing neither papers properly nor the theoretical portion..God save me.....and all of us ..
hi gorur.......u know..recently.... i realised there is no way out........just keep on doing the decks and papers...............study...study...study......all the best buddy :thumbup: :thumbup:

Am stuck with Neoplasms in Path..I blame myself :( 3'rd yr, I took a BIG chance! I didn't do tumours.Everyone told me "you're Crazy.One main question is always from Non/odontogenic Tumuor". Lady luck was in love with me back then and not even 1 question from tumours turned up.I was an instant hit with my immediate juniors then. But when they tried to emulate me,both questions turned out to be from Tumours.{20 girls running behind you might be nice but definitely not being chased by 20 guys trying to kill you} :D
Then I was like "If you didn't study it for 3'rd yr, why do it now for OD" Result=just 1 '2'marks question..same case with oral surgery..
But I am struggling now. :( Any tips?

Bah! 3 hours after my previous post and I am still struggling...
I still cannot differenciate between
1 LIPOMA
2 FIBROMA
3 SARCOMA AND
4 OSAMA :(

Hey Ajay,
In life I was made to believe water is a colourless, tasteless liquid...until your water conservation method proves otherwise.Some food for memory cells man :laugh: :laugh:

You mean you actually drank that Water and got your memories back????
Whoa! We might get a Nobel prize for this. I am soooo happy right now that I tried kissing u and ended up realizing a new fact!. [spat... spat] 1 inch of dust can be transparent too! My monitor needs to be cleaned..

p.s If you are a part of the famous girl force, am sorry about the kissing part. Since I am new here, I am still confused about the gender part.I will never try that again.

p.p.s Not that trying it again will make my monitor taste better :D