part -1 in july 2004...........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Toothzone
Any more notes from gpg??..regarding DA??
I would like to know regarding Biochem -physiology..is there any other book souce that I can refer to besides decks and kaplan..???asda papers are more oriented towards physio than biochem..
Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Toothzone:confused:
hi .......................
how r u doing??
well.for biochem......lippincots
physio...............little browns review in physio is good.......
hope this helps....
all the best......

Members don't see this ad.

Meet life ur pm box is full and my PMs have bounced back for 3 days now....please empty it out.....

Gpg....
Awaiting your tutorials...on DA ..????? You posted they will be up in a day or 2 and its been a week!!!!..Keep the lectures interesting man..!!!.Great job by the way....:clap:
What about the mandibular cusps???...and someone mentioned ..cuspal relations during mandibular movements ..Seems you have a lot to post...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great help ..keep the thread alive and coming..
Jeevan
:confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, i`m just doing decks rt. now. i`ll do old exams too but i dont have kaplan. plz tell me if kaplan is really that imp. or not to score high. I`ve read( kaplan a must or not thread) but still wanna know ur opinion. wat shd i do?

Originally posted by gpg
Meet life ur pm box is full and my PMs have bounced back for 3 days now....please empty it out.....
hey gpg......check ur PM

Hi, Rajini
It would not hurt you to prepare and read from kaplan notes..once you take a look at the notes ..you can guage it yourself .!!!!!!...Why don't you get the notes from someone and take a look at it ...I feel DA and Biochem is really good from it ..
and there are good charts ..explained very well..
Good luck
Toothzone
:D

Hi Toothlord,

Thanks a lot.I got the information I was looking for.

can anybody tell the difference betn 2001 decks and 2004 decks.
I am reappearing for part and have 2001 decks so just worried about that.
thanx in advance

hey all...........i will tell u something........ i did 1998 patho micro today.... i got 75 only.......fine its first time.......but then that is the last paper i was doing ...........does that mean thats what i will get in exam also,......ok 2-3 Q i did not read properly.......what abt the rest.......i mean every body says do decks and old papers........i am worried............

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hi meetlife!
Relax... it's ok.
It's just the first time that you are doing the papers.
I felt something similar when i initially started doing the papers...the difference , i did the papers from the old ones to the new ones sequence.that helps quite a lot as there are quite a few repetitions and by the time you do 3-4 papers you are thorough with them and you also tend to read up the relevant things(doubts) from books etc...
One thing is you can assess you percentile from the comparision sheet provided ( its there on links of interest i suppose)...that's what you may make during the exam.
Also it's just your first time with the papers...trust me as you continue doing them...things will look up and you will score well and get the confidence you need.We've all been through that phase...so boost up your confidence and study...Good luck with your preparation.:thumbup:

P.S. to all others out there taking up part 1 i'd suggest you do the decks twice before hitting the papers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by elementz
Hi meetlife!
Relax... it's ok.
It's just the first time that you are doing the papers.
I felt something similar when i initially started doing the papers...the difference , i did the papers from the old ones to the new ones sequence.that helps quite a lot as there are quite a few repititions and by the time you do 3-4 papers you are thorough with them and you also tend to read up the relevant things(doubts) from books etc...
One thing is you can assess you percentile from the comparision sheet provided ( its there on links of interest i suppose)...that's what you may make during the exam.
Also it's just your first time with the papers...trust me as you continue doing them...things will look up and you will score well and get the confidence you need.We've all been through that phase...so boost up your confidence and study...Good luck with your preparation.:thumbup:

hi elementz,
i thunk ,ur suggestion is good.thankz 4 that.i'll follow it.
bye

P.S. to all others out there taking up part 1 i'd suggest you do the decks twice before hitting the papers.

Originally posted by elementz
Hi meetlife!
Relax... it's ok.
...so boost up your confidence and study...Good luck with your preparation.:thumbup:

now that surely was a big morale booster....................thanks a zillion to u elementz........i will keep ur advice in mind......:love: :love:

may GOD bless u ...all the best ...do well...........

i searched for the link............could not find it+pity+ .....please help me with this......
thanks alot......

well, im going up for it. and HAVE to, to match for '05. just finished dental school. now just bumming, feels good, but miss working on people. i start studying hardcore tommorrow, thats what i said yesterday, and the day before. LOL.

ive studied here and there. im starting the anatomy decks right now. then on to DA and patho/micro decks. i read the kaplan, but decided not to do the kaplan anatomy, too much volume, too little time. i hope to get through the decks in 4-5 weeks, then do old exams, which stink since some answers dont make any sense and there isnt any explanations.(does not save you time).

hope to get through the decks 2 times and questions 2 times.
to get the magic number 9... maybe if i review them 3 times. lets see.

there is 13 weeks left!!!!

remember, our scores depend on others.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by meetlife
i searched for the link............could not find it+pity+ .....please help me with this......
thanks alot......
Hi meetlife,
Its under the released papers for 1998, one of the downloads is called score conversion.

http://dentistry.uic.edu/students/exams/nbp1_1998/nbexam.htm

if this link does not open use the one put up by meggs under links of interest.

thanks a lot................................

is it actually 13 weeks...............................lemme count.........

so how is going for all.........iu am biting my nails.............worried.......
all the best.......do well.............

Hii all,

I read somewhere, "To take NBDE-1, International graduates must have their Official Dental School Transcripts verified by ECE inc "

Could someone please enlighten as to what would these "OFFFICIAL DENTAL SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS" be (for an Indian Dental Graduate) ??

Many thanks,
Tooth_wize

Tooth_wize said:
Hii all,

I read somewhere, "To take NBDE-1, International graduates must have their Official Dental School Transcripts verified by ECE inc "

Could someone please enlighten as to what would these "OFFFICIAL DENTAL SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS" be (for an Indian Dental Graduate) ??

Many thanks,
Tooth_wize

hi tooth_wize......check ece.org or topics of interest to foreign dentists......its the first post..........

What do you think the best dental deck, kaplan, or toymed. I heard toymed is given the review for free. Still check it out. I know there is another review material such as National dental boards book. Is that one helpful

hi guys

I was wondering if u guys could tell me which book r u using for Oral histology ??? i havent done this part and i dont have any idea which book to use .

Thanx

BOND

Mr.Bond

pls do NOT waste your time reading Oral Histology books......just do the decks and asda reprints.....nothing out of that is asked......are you done with Physio and Biochem......read Lippincott if you must.....not Orbans....gpg

hi gpg

Well i am done with the physiology part but not the biochemistry i actuall was going through the Anamtomy part and it has 16 ques from the histology so i was kind of scared i want to cover everything this time so i thought i should read some review book too.
I am going to do the deck and past papers definitly.I got the new dental deck yesterday so i havent looked into it yet though
Thanx gpg really appreciate ur reply

BOND

Hi,
Interesting changes to sdn ..it will take some getting used to..any new tutorial from gpg regarding occlusion ..??????seems to have suddenly stopped ..and is taking far too long ..gpg..kindly help out regarding mandibular movements ..cuspal relations..too many questions on that ..
Thanks
Toothzone

DMDTrouble said:
Hi Toothzone,
Acording to my friends its a big waste of time.... it will only confuse u more. Texts, decks, old test papers, kaplan review notes should be more than sufficient. The Q-bank online definately sounds more useful than it actually is. Thats my opinion.
good luck studying

DMDTrouble
Hi...i took kaplan 1 month online Q bank course & i found it helpful.
best wishes

Hi ....have you joined kaplan course....i found kaplan videos for dental anatomy very useful.

Bond said:
hi gpg

Well i am done with the physiology part but not the biochemistry i actuall was going through the Anamtomy part and it has 16 ques from the histology so i was kind of scared i want to cover everything this time so i thought i should read some review book too.
I am going to do the deck and past papers definitly.I got the new dental deck yesterday so i havent looked into it yet though
Thanx gpg really appreciate ur reply

BOND
well bond......as such no need to do histo from any book
ok if u still want to do the histo just flip through the pages of oRBANS........ENAMEL.....DENTINE.....PULP nad TOOTH DEVELOPMENT should be sufficient................give one day......thats it.....or do u have a oral histo record of 2nd year with u where u used to draw the slides.......just see that once.........ok if u want a review book part -1 reviewc by wells and reads has something abt oraL HISTO..........hope this helps....
all the best....
do well....

gpg said:
Mr.Bond

pls do NOT waste your time reading Oral Histology books......just do the decks and asda reprints.....nothing out of that is asked......are you done with Physio and Biochem......read Lippincott if you must.....not Orbans....gpg
does that go for all the subjects......nothing is asked out of the reprints and decks..................................................................

Ann 03 said:
meetlife said:
hi check out the site.......http://www.mmi.mcgill.ca/mmimediasampler2004/[/QUOTE
hey meetlife i am unable to open tht site. whts it abt?

hi how r u doing..........
well the site gives a little but good run down on few things in physio like generation of action potential or conduction of impulse through heart.....
i like the animated stuff............
all the best

Hi meetlife,
I used a book called Vander, Sherman and Luciano's Human Physiology by Eric P. Widmaier, Hershele Raff and Kevin T Strang. Its excellent, each chapter has a list of questions at the end and a short summary. It has online resources too. Its published by McGraw-Hill. Try and see if you can get your hands on it. They have a lot of flow charts, makes things easier to remember, and neurophysiology is given well.

Cheers!

Thanx metlife

I think i am going to flip through the pages of orbans i dont plan to spend a lot of time on this tough. Thanx again

I am also not able to open the website u posted what is abt?

BOND

Hi meetlife,nondentist n Bond
Those are real cool sites.Thanx a lot for them :love: :clap:
Bond.....as meetlife sais going thro' Orban's will be enough for Histo.

mrinalini said:
Hi meetlife,
I used a book called Vander, Sherman and Luciano's Human Physiology by Eric P. Widmaier, Hershele Raff and Kevin T Strang. Its excellent, each chapter has a list of questions at the end and a short summary. It has online resources too. Its published by McGraw-Hill. Try and see if you can get your hands on it. They have a lot of flow charts, makes things easier to remember, and neurophysiology is given well.

Cheers!
hi mrinalini......thanks alot....................i will check for the book......

HI metlife

When u attempt the quiz there is a button for get ur score it would tell u how many of ur answers were correct ,there is no explanation of the answers though.
Well i tried couple of questions and if my answer was wrong i would try it again until i get the correct answer. I hope it makes sense.

Guys,
I just checked out the website toymed & there are alot of good questions there.... alot of spelling mistakes but all in all good questions.
Also it is free but u do need to register....
check it out...
Bye,
Treasure

Bond said:
HI metlife

When u attempt the quiz there is a button for get ur score it would tell u how many of ur answers were correct ,there is no explanation of the answers though.
Well i tried couple of questions and if my answer was wrong i would try it again until i get the correct answer. I hope it makes sense.
how i wish in boards also they gave us this hit and trial................ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this is just to say ..............All the best to everybody........keep the midnight oil burning........BE POSITIVE.......................................MAY GOD BLESS US ALL...................................

OK how long do u guys take to do the decks for first time....i guess i am too lousy with them.................

hi metlife dont we all wish that there was hit and trial :laugh:

i am goint to start the deck in few days and i am kind of scared as i am doint the deck for the first time.

R u finish with the course yet ? i am still left with biochem and some of the anatomy

Best of luck

BOND