part -1 in july 2004...........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i started this thread for all those taking up the exam in july 2004........
i am in india doing my internship.................
anyone taking up exams in july 2004 can join in to discuss and share the thoughts .............:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I too plan to take the NB in July of 2004. Have you started preparation yet. What is your preparation going to be like. PLease share your thoughts.

hi ,nice you replied.............
me taking up in july...........but get just 4 hours per day as i am doing my internship..............................
have u started preparing????????????
where r u?????
see,i have started with anat head and neck and patho........
i am doing chaurasia for head and neck..............netters and snells sometimes........
for patho baby robbins..............
scared of biochem?????
have u started something........
actually we can sort of plan and do the same and later discuss ..........doubts if any....if that suits you..............:idea:
what books r u follwing.............
let me know........
all the best do welll...........

Members don't see this ad :)
all you need is 2 weeks with dental decks and old tests to do well on the exam.

hai ratson n meetlife!

even i'm taking my part 1 in july 2004.not yet touched the books.plan on starting off frm this month...how abt u guys??

gorur

hi ...............................
what r u planning to study and from where????
i have started with the text..............and mcqs in anat and patho..............................
let me know what r u doing.................

hey meetlife!

i started studying frm 2day.just read for 1 hr.i've started with anat frm chaurasia.thought of catching up on basics then go on with kaplan n decks.
how many hrs r u spending on studyin?i'm finding it so difficult to concentrate.......

do lemme know abt u'r progress...
byeeeeeeeeee

hi gorur.................................me studying just four hours.................relax...it takes some time to get...
the momentum..
i am reading chaurasia and doing MCQS from gowri shankar....
r u in india?????????????????????keep studying...initially its very boring but soon u wil start liking it.........

do dental decks, previous papers, and kaplan text u shoudl be fine....

Are you from OU, AP........

Originally posted by meetlife
hi gorur.................................me studying just four hours.................relax...it takes some time to get...
the momentum..
i am reading chaurasia and doing MCQS from gowri shankar....
r u in india?????????????????????keep studying...initially its very boring but soon u wil start liking it.........

didn,t get you...............................

hey,

how'z the momentum of u'r preparation?i'm only tensed since the dec 2003 results will b out.....i wonder how tensed they[ppl given the xams] might b feeling..:scared: ....

just hope they all come out with flying colors...
:clap: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
you cant imagine how anxious,tense,fearfull,worried...blah..blah...blah..iam

Hi

Do any of you know when computerised NDB will start

Regards
Sherif

as i was informed,it already started for this current year, i mean prometric company just started providing prt1 besides prt2 the computerized version, you can call the ada to check it out sherif.

yes even I read that part I computer based test will start from late 2003.

Hi!
I am preparing for partI too. and I need a little help with the current text books that u guys are following in India. Its been couple of years that I came out....so any infomation will be greatly appreciated.

I am also wondering if I shud take the test in july or december or may be comp version of it.

lets help each other and make it thru this thing:thumbup:

Good luck to us

hai molar 2 molar,

join the crowd,though their seem 2 b few ppl giving their part1 in july 2004,let'z stick together n try to score just like dec 2003 ppl.

i personally feel u sdn't delay it till dec,the sooner the better.u still have 5 mos,n i've heard 3 mos is more than enough if u really slog [ofcrs depends on one's capability,n mine is very low....:rolleyes: ].

All the best......
cheers

hi

I am outside the US at the moment

i did call the ADA last month and asked them to send me application for computerised exame NDB part 1

so far nothing yet

i also cannot open their online application

any advice

can someone call them at the 800 number and find out

as if i call it will be international

Sherif

Hi, Guys
I will also be taking the part1 exams..in July2004..Great to see so many of you have already started preparing !...I would like to know has the format of the exams changed??..I read an article from ASDA that they will be introducing new exams patterns from july ..can anyone shed some light on this ?
Hope that we can form an effective study group..
All the best
Jeevan

sherifelfeel

i think there is an option to apply for the CBT part 1 online now on ada.org. check it out.

i guess u can call the toll free number but there is a local chicago number for ADA too: here it is:

312-440-2500
Fax: 312-440-7494

ADA toll free phone no. is....1-800-621-8099..follow the options there when u call up

hope this helps.

Hi Jeevan,, Well i m also giving part 1 in july 2004......wats this about the new format.......I've not heard about it & its really making me nervous.....so where r u placed in US.....r dental decks,ASDA papers & kaplan notes sufficient....wat all books r u refering too.....How many hrs do u study in a day.....do keep in touch & best of luck!!!!!:)

Hi,
This is for all those students who have taken part1 exams, kindly posts your inputs and thoughts....I have read some of the other older posts on this , but I thought that a "fresh perspective" from the students who recently took their exams would make a lot of difference to those who are currently preparing for exams ..

July part1 2004
-------------------
Cumulative Study Hours:/Months

Recommended Studying materials:

Most Difficult Section:

Study Do's:

Study Don'ts

Other materials used( Books / Notes)

Any thoughts on how you could have done better/ differently:

Study Timeline/Time table:

Hope that all of you would make their contributions and help other students who are preparing for the upcoming exams..
Thanks
Jeevan
:) :)

how about answering a few of our questions first so we can get to know u, hmmm? :)

Toothmail
Kindly check your PM

hello jeevan even iam planning to take exam computerbased please tell me where you read that article about new pattern of exam. i searched same site i did not get any thing. iam very tensed please reply me. bye

Hi,
I didn't mean to make anyone so nervous ..Relax ..I read it in an article in the" ASDA news"Volume 33 Issue 6..The topic was "BOARD EXAM IMPROVEMENTS"..it basically stated that NDBE is is adding computerised versions,"revamping the test format "and lowering the fees.
The article further says ..comprehensive exam developments..Part1 exam scheduled to be tested summer 2004...something about pilot comprehensive..that would include interdisciplinary situations and case studies to test candidates abilities to apply information in clinical settings.
..That is why I posted ..the question regarding ...whether any patters have changed..I hope that someone replies and helps us out.
Thanks
Jeevan

hai jeevan!

i'm giving u a nervous welcome:scared: .u;r first mail has scared the hell out of me...dunno wat more lies in future...:rolleyes: ;) .

Glad to include u in this grp....
good luck for us:thumbup:

hai sherifelfeel!

One of my frends had called ada regarding CBT based nbde part1.....n they told her xams'll start only after may 16.....but i dunno when they'll start giving the application for that.In case i get to know that i'll let u know...until then chill out:)

hi how many hours of study u guys are putting in per day?

hey guys.......did anyone check about the new pattern thing.......please let me know:scared:

guys stop panicking. i think any latest news will either be in ada.org or it will be in the latest part 1 application and bulletin. so if in doubt, why not ask them to send u a new bulletin?

Hi,
Im also preparing for part1 exams ,as I was browsing the " Dental Forum" ,I found this posting by one of the students about the format changes of Part1 exams.
Can anyone shed some light on this??
Toothzone

NBDE Part I Update
--------------------------
According to the recent issue of ASDA News, the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinatins (JCNDE) is changing the cost of NBDE Part I, its format, and make it computerized at Prometric Test Center like the DAT!

Current NBDE Part I:
Cost: $125
Format: straight forward questions (memorization and regurgitate facts), four distinctive sections
Availability: twice/year (July and December)

Starting as early as early fall this year (~September 2003):
Cost: $100
Format: straight forward questions (memorization and regurgitate facts), four distinctive sections
Availability: anytime you want on the computer

Starting as early as summer 2004:
Cost: more than $100, but less than $125
Format: Pilot COMPREHENSIVE (interdisciplinary situations and case studies to test caandidates abilities to apply information in clinical settings), sounds like the USMLE Step I format and no more four distinctive sections
Availability: anytime you want on the computer

Make long story short, I'm glad I'm taking this thing this July before all this changes are being made! For those of you in the Class of 2006, by the time you take the Part I after your second year in 2004, you may be the first to tackle the "COMPREHENSIVE" format on the NBDE Part I!

I'm truly sorry to hear that, my friends!

hi tooth zone u mean in thgis july 2004 there wont be any changes to part1 and it still has the old format?

Hi guys, r u sure the changes r going to be implemented after july......I m really worried........if anyone knows more about the changes,plz let us know.......best of luck to everyone,takecare & study hard:( :confused:

Does anyone have NDB Question Papers after December 1998 for Part I ??

ASDA has released papers till 98.....

Did hear from someone that they were referring 2001 papers....:(

Any idea if there are unreleased papers for Part I:confused:

hi

what about this new comprehensive format of NDB part1

it can be difficult if they ask clinical applications of biochemistry ?

will the computerised ndb also be so

any way new dental decks coming March 2004

you can order it from first week of march i heard

Regards
Sherrif

Hi there,
i ve recently got my hands on this site,and i am really impressed with the information and the way evrybody s helping each other out.
well,i am also starting my prepration for nbde part1,for july 2004.
as yet,i ve just collected the material only.but i am very upset to hear that there is new dental deck coming this march,as i just bought the old one...so i was wandering how different will be this new one..and this idea of making it comprehensive,sounds very scary...
well,count me in also,for july 2004 part1.and lets get over with this whole thing before it changes its shape...:wow:

Hi, Toothpost
Welcome to SDN..and to the batch going to take NDB part1 July 2004...!!!..Do post us of your progress and study materials..Well I did mail the dental decks corps and was informed about the new decks coming in march, but I don't know whether the decks have completely changed or only a few changes have been made ..only those students who buy the new decks can let us know ..I think..
Glad to include more students in our group.
Jeevan:p

Hi

thanks jeaven for your feedback

i heard from author of dental decks that the dental decks will

suite ndb exame even it will change pattern as information you

need to know remain the same

new decks will contain explaination to 98 exame so if you have

the exame so do not worry much

so far i study dental anatomy , be careful from occlusion and mandibular movement questions as it is very tricky , i always fall in them

dental anatomy questions are repeated so if you memeorise old exames , you will pass that section

my source :hungover:ecks and old exames and university notes

Regards
Sherif

hi guys.........hows it going?????
i am still stuck with patho and head and neck........
when can we order dental decks 2004?
all the best do well.........
can we all share what all we are studying and the daily input????
stay in touch......

Hiii meetlife,

The Dental Decks 2004 would be available in March 2004....

There's a toll-free number on their website...U can call them up or send them an email...

Hi guys ,

Nice to see evryone enthusiastic here. I took my part I in july 2003 and got 85, but I am retaking for better score in july2004.
about the toll free call from other country , if it is india it will not be toll free, the person who wants help regarding the ordering of material can give me a PM message I can help you with it.

Meetlife

you got to study from Kaplan and the decks and question papers too ......they are the most important ...personally I feel buy this material soon and study it simultaneously with the other.

someone one mentioned aabout dental anatomy,
It is the most easy thing in paper...........very easy and most of hte question repeated from old question papers...........

dental decks ordering can be done form there site .....no need to call them.

hi ketu..heck your PM

hi......
i am studying five hours per day..........thats it........
how r u doing.......??????????

Hi Friends,
When Exactly one can take the computer based part1,may or september,and will it be comprehensive or objective type,when it will start?
i am just confused,could not get any right answer even from ada,and thiswhole thing is scaring me even more.pls help.

Hi toothgirl
When i called up ADA in the last week of Jan I had been told that they'll start CBT part-1 after May 15 and they'll start issuing the appl forms from beginning of May.Don't know whether they made any changes in that again!!!Am clueless regarding the pattern,might be we can find that from the ADA it-self.
(ADA toll free # is 1-800-621-8099)

HI MEETLIFE
i am doing like 4 to 4 and half ,since i have akid its very hard to find study time

daer shaya,you asked which textbook you can use for part 1 preparation,for me i used kaplan book as a reference..it helps.