Parents unhappy with my specialty choice. Wat do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
being poor makes you probably less interesting, less well rounded, worse communicator. Being born in affluence and being well brought up actually improves your sociability. Another reason why being poor sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to think that a lot. Like classmates who were born into affluence - both physicians doctors, yada, yada, etc. were like that. But when you actually sit down and get to know them putting your biases aside, they really are good people. They may have more expensive tastes, and they may have less pressure from a financial standpoint in terms of loan pressures, etc. but that doesn't inherently make them spoiled brats. Their barometer might be slightly off in terms of relating to people, but that's a function of what they're used to in environment. But they were very hard workers in terms of studying, etc. not taking things for granted, etc.

If you look at resident websites, esp. ones that list people's hometowns, you'll be able to tell a lot if you look at the income demographics of that city. It's a mistake, however, to automatically believe they are out of touch bc they're born in Calabasas, California for example.

Blech, CA.
When my dad applied to dental school back in the day from the homeland
He got into UCLA IU and the school in the NE he ended up going to
I had a 33% chance of being a vapid Californian or a flyover state princess..
Yikes

(The views expressed in this post are super biased as I love my NY)

Reactions: 1 users
Blech, CA.
Yikes

Hey.

Not all of us Californians are vapid.

Blech, CA.
Yikes

What's difference in terms of CA vs. NY in terms of vapidness?