Parents unhappy with my specialty choice. Wat do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah but then you'd have to actually live in Greenwich.
Yuck

If I had to pick a northeastern place to live I'd go for NH

Members don't see this ad.

Yuck

If I had to pick a northeastern place to live I'd go for NH

TP I love you but...double yuck to NH it's like a wasteland of nothingness up there

I want a Greenwich mansion. And a membership to the Greenwich yacht club. +/- a yacht
Endless bags and shoes. twin girls, a pack of poms

that's not asking for much right????!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
TP I love you but...double yuck to NH it's like a wasteland of nothingness up there

I want a Greenwich mansion. And a membership to the Greenwich yacht club. +/- a yacht

Are you only going to take the twins to MDs?

When I visit I'm on Lake Winnipesaukee. That's hardly a wasteland. And state owned liquor stores! Live Free or die!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am perfectly content in my metro NYC bubble. 30 miles north and maybe 10 miles east..draw a circle on the map. That's my comfort zone

Reactions: 1 user
I am perfectly content in my metro NYC bubble. 30 miles north and maybe 10 miles east..draw a circle on the map. That's my comfort zone
In an unsafe zone. Johnny Rocker was semi right about the city (although he said a lot of inappropriate, non-PC things I don't agree with).

It's like a complete rural hell. Dartmouth has a medical school there. Let's just say it's Ivy League only by name.
Lol. Did you forget I lived in rural North Dakota? **** doesn't bother me.

Oh, that's right. LOL!!! In that case, then it's perfect.
I looked it up and Handover has a bigger population than where I was living, which was a cold shethole.

Honestly, I can deal with rural but it's not my favorite. My goal is to live in the twin cities and have a cabin up north

#MinnesotaCliches

I looked it up and Handover has a bigger population than where I was living, which was a cold shethole.

Honestly, I can deal with rural but it's not my favorite. My goal is to live in the twin cities and have a cabin up north

#MinnesotaCliches
LOL! It's Hanover. Yeah, coming from the town you lived in any place would be an improvement in terms of size, amenities etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup
My vegetarian mother cooks chicken for her favorite child
Hysterical

Can you tell that my mom has grandkid fever??
LOL!!! I'm just surprised bc there is dog food that has chicken also. I though she like cooked him gourmet foods or something. Like Fancy Feast or Sheba for cats.

LOL!!! I'm just surprised bc there is dog food that has chicken also. I though she like cooked him gourmet foods or something. Like Fancy Feast or Sheba for cats.

Cropped to preserve some anonymity in this place...

PnHpQ0B.jpg

Gosh. You sound like my fiancé.

She was born in luxury. It's what she's used to so can't blame her.
No, it's not a bad thing at all in my mind. I think it's kind of cute actually.

Reactions: 1 users
No, it's not a bad thing at all in my mind. I think it's kind of cute actually.
Yeah it is. I don't think being born into it makes you a bad person or spoiled or lazy.

Yeah it is. I don't think being born into it makes you a bad person or spoiled or lazy.

At least someone around here gets me ;)

Kaus told me that if he saw me out somewhere and didn't know me, he would think I was a pretentious brat. Hence the tag line under my sdn name

At least someone around here gets me ;)

Kaus told me that if he saw me out somewhere and didn't know me, he would think I was a pretentious brat. Hence the tag line under my sdn name
I used to think that a lot. Like classmates who were born into affluence - both physicians doctors, yada, yada, etc. were like that. But when you actually sit down and get to know them putting your biases aside, they really are good people. They may have more expensive tastes, and they may have less pressure from a financial standpoint in terms of loan pressures, etc. but that doesn't inherently make them spoiled brats. Their barometer might be slightly off in terms of relating to people, but that's a function of what they're used to in environment. But they were very hard workers in terms of studying, etc. not taking things for granted, etc.

If you look at resident websites, esp. ones that list people's hometowns, you'll be able to tell a lot if you look at the income demographics of that city. It's a mistake, however, to automatically believe they are out of touch bc they're born in Calabasas, California for example.