Pacific U - Roll Call and Info thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boo I just got rejected after two months of waiting:( gahhh

sorry to hear that :(

You already got into another school though didn't you?

again, sorry for the bad news :(

Members don't see this ad.

I just get a letter from them dated Jan 2 saying that my application is ready for preliminary review. I submitted Tier 3.

Anyone get an interview that applied in tier 3?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just get a letter from them dated Jan 2 saying that my application is ready for preliminary review. I submitted Tier 3.

Anyone get an interview that applied in tier 3?

Tier 3? I think you're talking about University of the Pacific in CA. This thread is for Pacific University in Oregon.

Btw, I just got my first interview invite for Pacific U - January 27th!! I'm so excited!! I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to get an interview for sure :love:

Tier 3? I think you're talking about University of the Pacific in CA. This thread is for Pacific University in Oregon.

Btw, I just got my first interview invite for Pacific U - January 27th!! I'm so excited!! I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to get an interview for sure :love:

Congrats... good :luck:

~above~

Congrats to all of u jan 20th and 27th interviewees. Just be urself and relax.They just want to know u

hahahahha...... doh! i hope im not the first one that made that mistake =/

sorry guys

hahahahha...... doh! i hope im not the first one that made that mistake =/

sorry guys

Don't worry, you're definitely not the first to mistake UOP for Pacific U. You should check that new UOP Tier 3 thread though-- I think someone just got an interview recently.

I asked Jon-Erik a few questions regarding the admissions, and this is what I got: "We have about half of the class set. We will be looking for a class of about 86. We are halfway through the interview process. About 56 students will interview on the 27th and our last date will be Feb 10."

Anybody know around wat % ppl interviewed will get accepted? 56, that's a lot of ppl!

I think that is 56 people just for the 27th there will also be interviews on the Jan 20th and feb 10th with a similar number of people at each interview.

Does anyone know of any fun/nice places to visit that are of walking distance to the MAX, particularly close to the school? I'm coming on the 25th so that I can spend some time to prepare and get to know the area. This interview is burning a hole in my pocket, so I figured I'd might as well make the most of it before my spring semester starts!

Does anyone know of any fun/nice places to visit that are of walking distance to the MAX, particularly close to the school? I'm coming on the 25th so that I can spend some time to prepare and get to know the area. This interview is burning a hole in my pocket, so I figured I'd might as well make the most of it before my spring semester starts!

There is almost nothing fun/nice close to the school, but you can access downtown Portland via the MAX. Hillsboro in general isn't much to talk about, especially the area Pacific is located in. However, if you take the MAX downtown, you can go to the Portland Art Museum, good shopping, good restaurants and/or brewpubs, or even take the MAX to Washington Park where the Oregon Zoo, Holocaust Memorial, and Rose Gardens are located.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am getting excited about the interview on Sat.

Does anyone know if there is a short essay required at the interview? I think I remember reading that there were 3 possible questions to choose from, something about tell us about a time when you had to solve a dispute or about someone you admire? Can someone confirm that there is an essay?

Good luck to all.

anyone going to the interview on the 26th?
what are the cheapest flights to stockton?

Does anyone know if there is a short essay required at the interview? I think I remember reading that there were 3 possible questions to choose from, something about tell us about a time when you had to solve a dispute or about someone you admire? Can someone confirm that there is an essay?

Good luck to all.

There is a brief writing-sample required. Everyone got a sheet with three questions on it, and got to choose which they wanted to respond to. I don't think everyone had the same three options, however. I know two people I talked to each had different options that I did anyway. I only remember the question I responded to, which was: "would you rather work five eight-hour shifts per week, or four 10-hours shifts?" Pretty random question, no right or wrong answer. I think the main purpose is to be sure you wrote your own admissions essays. Obviously it can't be as good as an essay you spent hours proofreading, but it should reflect the same writing style, sentence structure, etc.

You are thinking of UoP, this thread is for Pacific University in Hillsboro, Oregon. Good luck finding a cheap flight though, I always look at orbitz and cheapflights but beyond that I am not sure where to look.

That is a really random question but I like that they keep you on your toes. Hopefully there are some interesting questions this Saturday and hopefully I don't have to sit there for couple hours waiting.

For me 4 10 hour shifts would be the way to go, an extra day off is defintely worth long hours and it is a chance to pick up a some OT or work somewhere else.

Good luck to all.

Yeah like Pharm47 said 3 essays option,choose one and write it in like one page actually its like 3/4 if i remember correctly.I remember i wrote something like role of pharmacist when it comes to patient.(paraphrasing of course, basically know the role of pharmacist esp in a hospital pharm or community pharm). I think the second if i remember correctly had to do with the role of pharmacist in business management of a pharmacy(something to do with finances and cost reduction or so i thought) Maybe for some one looking to go to independent pharm or business side of pharm.Hope i helped.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO WILL BE INTERVIEWING.

Good luck to all who are interviewing this Saturday! Is anyone coming next week, Jan 27th?! I really, really hope it doesn't rain that weekend.

Good luck to all who are interviewing this Saturday! Is anyone coming next week, Jan 27th?! I really, really hope it doesn't rain that weekend.

It's Oregon! Chances are it will be raining!

Good luck to all of those interviewing this weekend and the next weekend too and not to forget you February interviewers! I hope you all do great!

I think interview went fine. it was pretty laid back interview but it was a long interview. i will leave the feedback in few days. one more thing, orientation was not exciting at all. Good luck to yall on 27 and feb 10. They will send the acceptance letter two weeks after feb 10. That was sad!!!! Can't wait. lol

I hope everyone did great on the interview. Ray, is that what they said during the information session? that acceptances will be done after all the interviews? No more rolling admissions? Did they mention how many were accepted into the program already? thanks!

They said they may make a few acceptences before the Feb 10th interview but the bulk of it will be done the 2 weeks after Feb 10th. Jon-Eric said half the class is filled right now. All acceptences and the waitlist will be released in late Febuary. This is going to be a long month of waiting!

Interview went well. Laid back. I thought Susan Stein did a great job...she was very upbeat. I did not think the acutal interview was long, maybe 20-25 minutes, but the day was quite long.

Interview went well. Laid back. I thought Susan Stein did a great job...she was very upbeat. I did not think the acutal interview was long, maybe 20-25 minutes, but the day was quite long.

Did anyone tell you who was acting as the interim Dean? Is it Sue Stein? At my interview she handled the bulk of the presentation due to the Dean's absence. I really want to know what is going on at Pacific!

I heard that Vanessa Dillman is gone and that the Dean is away due to personal business. Is the Dean coming back? Did they find a replacement for Vanessa?

Also...

If there are any students from Pacific- How has the block program been going?

How many of you have a BS that got interviewed or offered admission?

I don't have a BS but I do have close to 80 credit hours... will this disqualify me for an interview being that majority of the applicant pool holds a BS?

Please help me understand.

How many of you have a BS that got interviewed or offered admission?

I don't have a BS but I do have close to 80 credit hours... will this disqualify me for an interview being that majority of the applicant pool holds a BS?

Please help me understand.

I have a BA, and over 150 credit hours. I don't think it will "disqualify" you, but having your degree will definitely make you more competitive. Pacific has WAY more applicants than spots in their class, so they can afford to be picky.

Those who were accepted, who interviewed you? Was it Sue Stein or Jon-Erik Larsen?

From what I was told by current students, Sue Stein has stepped up and assumed the role of Dean.

Those who were accepted, who interviewed you? Was it Sue Stein or Jon-Erik Larsen?

From what I was told by current students, Sue Stein has stepped up and assumed the role of Dean.

I thought that might be the case...

I was interviewed by Sue Stein, during the 1st interview session (Oct 28th).

Hey everyone! I am applying to pharmacy school this year and recently found out about this website. I was very excited to see this forum since Pacific U is one of the schools I've applied to. I just received an email yesterday for the February 10 interview cycles. Is anyone else going to be there at that time?

Also, does anyone have any advice? This school is my top choice and also my first interview so I'm really nervous. Anything would be great. Thanks!

Just got an e-mail today, I'll be interviewing Feb. 10th too. To the above poster, check the interview feedback section of this website if you have not already!

how is the weather in hillsboro this time of the year? thanks.

I'm staying in Beaverton right now, which is right next to Hillsboro and it's really cold--it's been foggy all day here. I saw the weather forecast and it's supposed to be mostly sunny on Sat!

Just got an e-mail today, I'll be interviewing Feb. 10th too. To the above poster, check the interview feedback section of this website if you have not already!
Congratulations! I'm assuming you're from Oregan based on your icon =) I just booked my ticket and hotel today. I'll see you there!

Good Luck to all interviewing today. Please post your feedback after the interview.

For those who already went through the interview, what kinds of essay questions did the committees ask you to write on the interview day?? I'm just curious, do they give a few topics and allow you to pick one? so worry how can you write a good essay in such a short period of time... Please respond asap.. thank you

For those who already went through the interview, what kinds of essay questions did the committees ask you to write on the interview day?? I'm just curious, do they give a few topics and allow you to pick one? so worry how can you write a good essay in such a short period of time... Please respond asap.. thank you

I dont think essay would be a good word to call it. coz when i think of essay i always think at least 3 pages or five paragraph starts with introduction paragraph and few body paragraphs and the conclusion.
They will ask just one paragraph to write. i would say you would not write more than 8 to 10 sentences. you will be given plenty of time. i am not sure now but i am guessing it was 30 min. once you make the frame work you dont need more than 5 min to write it down. Do not rush, read and reread the question for at least three times and contemplate what you want to say about the question. once you have your frame work done, it wont take more than 5 min to write it down. I dont see any reason to panic about it. You will do abosolutely fine on it. Hope it helps!!

I interviewed on 1/27. We had 20 minutes right after the orientation to write our mini-essays. There were three topics, and you choose one to write on. I don't really remember the other two, but mines was something along the lines of: If you could choose to work four 10-hour days or five 8-hour days a week, which would you choose and why. I remember someone else from an earlier interview talking about this same essay question in the earlier parts of this thread, so I guess it doesn't really change much? :oops:

Oh yea, and there weren't any lines to write on! That made my essay kinda messy cause I started to write in an upward fashion. When I came in for my interview, I saw my essay on the table, so the interviewers may have read it or something!

the question i had was: "if you found that your patient was allergic to a medication what would you do?"

i hope that helps...

thank you all for replying. It's really helpful. Is there any one else remembering other topic(s) that were given on the interview day?? Thank you.

Those who were interviewed on 20th of Jan, did anyone hear or receive anything?

I have an interview on the 10th. I am from Iowa, and very excited to visit Oregon. It is (-)15 degrees here, so I am looking forward to the warmth. Does anyone recommend a hotel near the school? How far is Mt. Hood from Pacific University?

From the Pacific area to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood it usually takes me a little under 2 hours.
Good luck on your interview

Those who were interviewed on 20th of Jan, did anyone hear or receive anything?

I interviewed on Jan 20th and have yet to hear anything. I have a 1,000 deposit due in a wk so I hope i hear something before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.