Pacific U - Roll Call and Info thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
man this week is gona go very slowly.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Ray - we're awake man (I dont think many could "forget" what will be delivered this week) - but other parts of life must still go on. Personally, I have a test today, along with 3 classes. Today is also President's Day - so no mail for anyone. I am expecting the letter either tomorrow or Wednesday - so this thread should be getting a whole lot of activity on Tuesday and Wednesday...

Keeping the faith - no matter what I get

~above~

Hey Above! i was expecting letter this monday until i saw your message about president's day. Anyway a big Neuro exam tomorrow. got to study now but could not concentrate when i think of tomorrow. I hope i will get to hear from them tomorrow. I absolutely do not want to wait until wednesday else i will have nervous break down lol.
Just wondering, you are not drinking a lot. I was so tired getting home from USN. Badly wanted to get intoxicated. It was sunday and you can not buy any alcohol here on sunday.. lol... you message made me laugh even harder when i saw the liquor shop closed.
alright guys, catch you tomorrow.
Ray

Just got the acceptance letter! There was no mail toaday so the thing must have been sitting there for the last 2 days, haha I can't believe it. It was dated Feb 15th, so im guessing people who live a little further away should be hearing very soon! My bday is next week, and this is really all I wanted :)

P.S. Mine was in a regular small envelope too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance letter! There was no mail toaday so the thing must have been sitting there for the last 2 days, haha I can't believe it. It was dated Feb 15th, so im guessing people who live a little further away should be hearing very soon! My bday is next week, and this is really all I wanted :)

P.S. Mine was in a regular small envelope too!

Congratulation! If it will snow tonight to tomorrow then i have to wait until wednesday for the dream letter lol..... that would be so sad.
Happy bday in advance. Remember we might be your classmates soon so dont forget to bring the piece of your bday cake on the very first day of the class....... LOL.
Whats urs plans for bday???

Ray

Remember we might be your classmates soon so dont forget to bring the piece of your bday cake on the very first day of the class.......

If it's still edible by then....hehe. Cake DOES sound pretty good right now. I need some sugar
rxbeaver, Congrats and Happy birthday!! What an awesome present :clap:

congrats rxbeaver...btw..when did you interview?

OK, new rules. If you've been accepted, you must state when you interviewed! (and if you choose, your stats, experience, etc) Otherwise, you will be banned from this thread. :D

Congrats everyone. Hopefully more will come tomorrow.

Thanks everyone! I just interviewed on Feb. 10th. Stats are: Bachelors degree, cumulative of around 3.6, 1.5 years pharm tech experience, minimal volunteer experience. Good luck, the waiting will soon be over!

i think i was being anxious today. I went to post office few min. earlier. and there was no mails for me today...... sad to say i am still playing waiting game.
Good luck to you all.

I'm 30 on the waitlist! Do I even have a chance? :(

Hmm... I dont know - There is always hope - you never know. Last year - #23 on the waitlist got in - so maybe.

Where in Florida do you live Lisa? I haven't check the mail today (it normally comes around 3 pm) - I live in Gainesville, FL (University of Florida)

~above~

Hey Above,

I live in the Tampa Bay area so the mail has even more of a ways to travel to get here. My mail comes around 10:30AM so I'm lucky! Where I used to live, the mail was totally unpredictable and I hated that!! Thanks for the reassurance. How did you know #23 got in last year? How many do they even waitlist?? I'm afraid I'm like the last one! :( I was actually one of the very first to interview too (October 28 at noon) so this is majorly disappointing. At least I didn't get the dreaded rejection letter I guess....

Checkout last years thread... two people - shakeitfast and itsabouttime were both on the waitlist - and both got in. One of their numbers was 23 (I dont remember which one). So there is still hope...

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Above,

I live in the Tampa Bay area so the mail has even more of a ways to travel to get here. My mail comes around 10:30AM so I'm lucky! Where I used to live, the mail was totally unpredictable and I hated that!! Thanks for the reassurance. How did you know #23 got in last year? How many do they even waitlist?? I'm afraid I'm like the last one! :( I was actually one of the very first to interview too (October 28 at noon) so this is majorly disappointing. At least I didn't get the dreaded rejection letter I guess....

Hi Lisa,

I wouldn't give up just yet. Like Above said, last year quite a few people made if from the wait list. I was also the first to be interviewed on October 28 at noon. I am trying to remember who had to do the walk up the stairs with me on our way to the interview, but I can barely recall.

Good luck everyone.... hopefully most of you get in!

Alright...it's after 3pm in FL....what's the news!?

Yeah so - it should have been delivered by now, but it hasn't. I mean - I live with 2 other guys. So we should have received SOMETHING!!! I guess he is just running behind today. Oh well - I have Org II at 510 pm - so I will check after...

Post ya later...

~above~

Yeah so - it should have been delivered by now, but it hasn't. I mean - I live with 2 other guys. So we should have received SOMETHING!!! I guess he is just running behind today. Oh well - I have Org II at 510 pm - so I will check after...

Post ya later...

~above~

Darn... it must be torture. I have OChem at 5 too. I will be checking back to see if there is any good news. Hang in there!

Shoot! No O-Chem for me, but I have A&P lab at 6pm PST. Good luck Seth! I think we're all pulling for you!

I was #70 on waitlist last year at Pacific and by the time school started I was #30. I decided to go to another school so didn't really matter. So there is quite a bit of movement.

4.15 pm central time. Here it goes. I ended up being on #21 on their alternate list. 21 has been my lucky number and i am sure it will turn out to my favor again. LOL.

Anyway guys i was not looking for the end like this but i just have to move on. Waiting on USN now LOL Yeyyy!!. Probably USN will have a better plan for me.

But i am not feeling sad at all. This is a very new school and if you are under 20 on the list, you are fine thats what i think. Last year somebody at #40 on alternate list got into pacificu so i wont lose hope as long as you could see a Ray of light. LOL

I think in 3 weeks we (in waiting list) will have a fair idea where we stand. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that there will be quite a bit of movement in their list in few weeks.

those who got the waitlist list and accepted this week.. when did you interview? and if you mind, stats?

I just got in! I am thrilled. Pacific is my number 1 choice. My friend did not get in. She is number 33 on the wait list. She talked to Jon-Erik. He said they have a very large wait list, because so many of us apply to so many schools. Makes sense to me, since I applied to 6 of them:) They are very busy with ACPE this week, so it sounds like they weren't able to get out all info yet. So there is still hope for those that didn't hear yet. Also Jon-Erik told her that the wait list will shrink real quickly after they hear back from everyone. So good luck to everyone and hold on for a few more days.

Oh yea I have a 3.4 and a year of working in a clinic.

...and I didn't get accepted :( BUT!!!! I am #1 on the Alt. List!!! So hopefully I will be getting a chance to go to Pacific :D

There is still a lot of things that need to happen for me to be able to matriculate this fall - but I am feeling pretty good.

Stats for those that are interested:

Overall GPA: 3.6
Science/math: 3.66
Last 45: 3.91

Wow... I am definitely gonna do some celebrating tonight!!!

~above~

P.S. - Special thanx to my SDN family for all of the support - you guys know who you are...

Wow, above! You're pretty much in. It's not to early to congratulate you right?? :D

Congrats Above!! #1 Alt is a pretty high stats! I believe you definitely can get into the school! :)

Congradulation! Maybe I ask when were you interviewed?

...and I didn't get accepted :( BUT!!!! I am #1 on the Alt. List!!! So hopefully I will be getting a chance to go to Pacific :D

There is still a lot of things that need to happen for me to be able to matriculate this fall - but I am feeling pretty good.

Stats for those that are interested:

Overall GPA: 3.6
Science/math: 3.66
Last 45: 3.91

Wow... I am definitely gonna do some celebrating tonight!!!

~above~

P.S. - Special thanx to my SDN family for all of the support - you guys know who you are...

Has anyone received a rejection letter? the reason i am asking is because it seems as if all of you whom received letters today either were accepted or were wait listed. i did not get anything in the mail today so i am wondering if i just got flat out denied and its coming another day...

Just got my alternate list letter. Sucks. #17 I believe. Interviewed on 1/20 by Sue Stein (i think her last name is, the interim dean.) 3.4 math/scince 3.6 overall 3.9 last 45hrs, both hosp and retail exp. and BS.

The thing that really sucks is I have been accpeted to another program, and they want a $1,000 in week but pacific is my first choice.....what should i do?

Just got my alternate list letter. Sucks. #17 I believe. Interviewed on 1/20 by Sue Stein (i think her last name is, the interim dean.) 3.4 math/scince 3.6 overall 3.9 last 45hrs, both hosp and retail exp. and BS.

The thing that really sucks is I have been accpeted to another program, and they want a $1,000 in week but pacific is my first choice.....what should i do?

I would send it just in case. Guaranteed acceptance is priceless.

Congrats to everyone knowing their status. Good to finally get a true idea of where you stand. Hopefully the waitlist has some movement. SO someone better hope Loma Linda in CA calls me for an interview and accepts me. :) Although PU is my #1 choice, LLU has my future fiance there. BLAH!

And lastly, if I remembered correctly, ACPE is ON-SITE right now reviewing PU for its candidacy status. I am crossing my fingers b/c if PU gets approved, we will know by early June. And when that occurs, I also predict PU will be an even more competitive program to get into. Meaning they should easily reach 2000 app's for next year and the avg stat's will rise.

Good luck everyone!

I say talk to the other school to see if you can delay the deposit. I hear many schools will give you some more time. It may not be enough, but then it doesn't hurt to try especially if Pacific is your first choice. #17 is actually a pretty good number. Pacific said they eventually went way past 17 last year.

By the way, I did hear a few people get a deny letter.:(

Has anyone received a rejection letter? the reason i am asking is because it seems as if all of you whom received letters today either were accepted or were wait listed. i did not get anything in the mail today so i am wondering if i just got flat out denied and its coming another day...
islandgirl I have not received anything yet!!!!!!!!Does it mean a rejection.I hope not!!!!!!

Oh gosh, I haven't received anything either--rejection keeps running through my mind! Since bluehouse says that some people HAVE received denial letters, maybe this little delay... doesn't mean anything.....I hope.....:scared:

Hi everyone!

So, congrats to everyone who has beem accepted or put on the waitlist. I think within the next couple of weeks the waitlist will start to move along. I am sure some of the people who have just been accepted are not going to go to Pacific. Hold in there a couple of weeks. I remember last year someone received a call from Pacific a couple weeks before school started because someone backed out at the last minute.

Hey Above.... congrats.. I am sure you will be in. Anyways, it wouldn't seem right if the guy who started the Pacific role call thread didn't get in!

I can only imagine that all of you who got in are partying like rock stars or celebrating in some way right now!

Myself, I am still thrilled and excited that I will be going to Pacific next year. It would be really nice to finally get an idea of everyone from this forum who are going to be attending for sure. Hopefully within the next month or so everyone will have an idea which path they will be taken.

If anyone wants to ever start up topics about moving to Portland/Hillsboro I am all for it. I am planning my move already and am curious if anyone else has made any plans yet? After all the excitment settles I will bring up the topic again.

Anyway, I am so excited for everyone. I will be watching for more updates!

Congrats Above!!! Even though you have not officially been accepted yet, I think you should treat it as such!! I could bet my life that you are going to get in! lol. :)

All these posts have made my feel a lot better about my status as #30. I told my pharmacist at work today and he said he was #85 at Samford and still got in!! Then again, times have changed and pharmacy school is definitely way more competitive and more difficult to get into now!

And finally, another question...are they going to notify everybody of their new position each time we move up?? Seems like a very time consuming ordeal...

This is the only school I truly applied to (didn't finish supplementals) - Its the only place I want to be. I am very hopeful - and I think everyone else should be as well.

Thank you all very much for the support - SDN really has made all the difference.

Lisa, Ray - you are definitely going to see movement on the waitlist - after everyone turns in their waitlist forms, we will have a better idea of what to expect.

As for now - lets keep the faith (as always) - secretly though, I am starting to look for housing. Its been a longtime since I had to look for a new roommate. Where is everyone looking to live? Beaverton - Hillsboro - Forest Grove? I am definitely going to be looking for a new roomie come August (hopefully).

~above~

This is the only school I truly applied to (didn't finish supplementals) - Its the only place I want to be. I am very hopeful - and I think everyone else should be as well.

Thank you all very much for the support - SDN really has made all the difference.

Lisa, Ray - you are definitely going to see movement on the waitlist - after everyone turns in their waitlist forms, we will have a better idea of what to expect.

As for now - lets keep the faith (as always) - secretly though, I am starting to look for housing. Its been a longtime since I had to look for a new roommate. Where is everyone looking to live? Beaverton - Hillsboro - Forest Grove? I am definitely going to be looking for a new roomie come August (hopefully).

~above~

Congratulation Above..
You made it.
I am hoping to see quite a bit of movement in waiting list soon.

islandgirl I have not received anything yet!!!!!!!!Does it mean a rejection.I hope not!!!!!!

i heard nothing!!! i waited the whole day and looked in the mailbox and no letter at all. what does this mean?

Hi everyone!

So, congrats to everyone who has beem accepted or put on the waitlist. I think within the next couple of weeks the waitlist will start to move along. I am sure some of the people who have just been accepted are not going to go to Pacific. Hold in there a couple of weeks. I remember last year someone received a call from Pacific a couple weeks before school started because someone backed out at the last minute.

Hey Above.... congrats.. I am sure you will be in. Anyways, it wouldn't seem right if the guy who started the Pacific role call thread didn't get in!

I can only imagine that all of you who got in are partying like rock stars or celebrating in some way right now!

Myself, I am still thrilled and excited that I will be going to Pacific next year. It would be really nice to finally get an idea of everyone from this forum who are going to be attending for sure. Hopefully within the next month or so everyone will have an idea which path they will be taken.

If anyone wants to ever start up topics about moving to Portland/Hillsboro I am all for it. I am planning my move already and am curious if anyone else has made any plans yet? After all the excitment settles I will bring up the topic again.

Anyway, I am so excited for everyone. I will be watching for more updates!
Hi! I would definitely be interested in starting up a topic above moving to Hillsboro, etc. Let me know if this thread gets started. Good luck to everyone on the waitlists and still waiting to hear! And congrats to everyone whose received their letters. Hope to see you all this fall and thanks for everyone's kindness and help throughout this ordeal =)

Pills4alivin! i was interviewed on 1/20 by Joh Eric Largen and a pharmacist, not about her name. Math/Science: 3.8, Overall: 3.71, Last 50 hrs= 3.75, exp. hosp, retail, and even worked in pharmacology lab. and already done with degree.

Current Status: waiting list #21. SUCKS!!!! and hoping that it will have quite a bit of movement like last year. But, still does not feel very good about getting into Pacificu thru the route of waiting list since its not harvard or John Hopkins... LOL

Ray12345, hopefully we will both get in. I just do not like the idea of finding out two weeks before school starts that you get in.

By the way, my name is Ray too.

~above~

Congratulations ~above~ !!! I'm super happy for you! It's a matter of days before you are in! You have to be so excited:)

As soon as I get my official letter of acceptance from USN I'll be letting Pacific know that I won't be attending there! I wish I could give you my spot right now!

Later,

G

I am number 2 on the waitlist, but I am not sure if I will go there. The school is still in its early stages, and the 90% passing rate seems ridiculous.

checked the mailbox today and still nothing. Im from chicago. Shouldn't be this slow for mail to arrive.

I am number 2 on the waitlist, but I am not sure if I will go there. The school is still in its early stages, and the 90% passing rate seems ridiculous.

I feel the same. The school only on precandidate status. What if it hasn't receive candidate in our 3rd year? We won't be able to take the board. There's a risk. Plus, I don't like the fact that students take exams and do everything in a group!

I feel the same. The school only on precandidate status. What if it hasn't receive candidate in our 3rd year? We won't be able to take the board. There's a risk. Plus, I don't like the fact that students take exams and do everything in a group!

We should know by late June whether it is approved for Candidate status. AACP is doing a site visit right now.

Well, there are pro's and con's to every program. Not sure why someone would apply to a program if they don't agree with the way things are done (90% passing, group work, etc). I guess some people just need "back up" schools. :) It's ok, I would do the same thing. But I personally love the 90% passing and group work.

Well, there are pro's and con's to every program. Not sure why someone would apply to a program if they don't agree with the way things are done (90% passing, group work, etc). I guess some people just need "back up" schools. :) It's ok, I would do the same thing. But I personally love the 90% passing and group work.

I second this post - The test you take in your group is used to offset the individual test you already took - To me this is definitely a Pro - not a con Not only that - but how many people can say they had a 4.0 all the way through professional school? The program is geared toward teaching and student retention. The block style utilized by Pacific is very similar to military education - information delivered in this manner is easier, and quicker to be memorized (tried and true).

There is wisdom in applying to a lot of programs - but its questionable if you are applying to a school where you dont like the curriculum - Kind of like putting a down payment on a car you really dont want...

Its not for everyone - but it certainly is for me :D (can you tell I like the program???)

~above~

Status
Not open for further replies.