Pacific dugoni , UCLA, UCSF, USC updates and app. status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi Dentovis... when did you speak to Mary???? ... coz i was told long back that they would be sending invites on 10th sep

Members don't see this ad.

hi Dentovis... when did you speak to Mary???? ... coz i was told long back that they would be sending invites on 10th sep
Yup talked to her personally.... I am so frustrated.

yup, buddy me too and probably most of us..... anxiety seems to be taking a turmoil... if mary intended to postpond the date.. then she should have given a date... but i guess if not today then both schools will give out together..... uop and ucsf.. lets see... all the best buddy.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an applicatn complete email..
May be the first email from USC...hahaha

I got the same email as well, but its kinda weird cuz USC sent me the "application complete" mail long time ago! Maybe they finished processing it? I don't know:D

Hello everyone jus got an email from pacific,,,
They postponed their date to sep 17th
HAHAHA anotr week of waitg:eek::eek::eek:

this is when Guitar Hero can be of a great help :D:cool::D

Oh btw guys, ANY NEWS ABOUT UCLA?!!

They've been so quite lately :D

another week.....to test our patience.....

did anyone notice. the number of cometition changed to 500 ..

may be out of 666 applicant 500 have complete applications.

else they shouldnt be writing random numbers evertime they send an email:laugh:

Yes I noticed that too bharat20.... I think you correctly guessed, they must be having 500 COMPLETE applications......

to the applicants who received an application complete email from usc did you send the wes report along with application?

I have received application complete email, although i didnt submit WES

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh btw guys, ANY NEWS ABOUT UCLA?!!

They've been so quite lately :D

Hey ya what happened to ucla , they havent said anything except they confirmed that my application is complete. I have not received any iv call :( and the wait is killing me

Hey ya what happened to ucla , they havent said anything except they confirmed that my application is complete. I have not received any iv call :( and the wait is killing me
no idea about UCLA...UCSF will most probs send the iv's this week...UOP comin monday...but still no news bout UCLA...but surely it would be in this or the comin week...

has anybody who doesnt have any experience observing or working in usa received an interview call?

has anybody who doesnt have any experience observing or working in usa received an interview call?

wrong thread ..try in uic, upenn, buffalo threads...none of these 4 colleges has sent out iv's yet

I got the same email as well, but its kinda weird cuz USC sent me the "application complete" mail long time ago! Maybe they finished processing it? I don't know:D

this is when Guitar Hero can be of a great help :D:cool::D
the mail states a[[lictn complete...
i submitted pretty late like in the first week of aug,,,mite be the reason for delayed mail
Yeah cheer up guys instead of getg nervous

Any news on UCLA? damn all these calif colleges want to give us a heart attack on the same day.. :scared::scared::scared:

Any news on UCLA? damn all these calif colleges want to give us a heart attack on the same day.. :scared::scared::scared:

Worse case scenerio, all the Cali interviews on the same day. Then it's all about which school would you choose?:confused:

Worse case scenerio, all the Cali interviews on the same day. Then it's all about which school would you choose?:confused:
no no they wont do that...it has never happened before...it seems they have an understanding..

no no they wont do that...it has never happened before...it seems they have an understanding..

yup ucsf and pacific have an understanding...infact their iv dates r immediately one after the other...like last year it was something like 20-22 pacific and 23-25 ucsf (dnt rem exact dates..)

They were just waiting for Apple Sept 12 event. Can we have our interviews now please?

atleast we knew wat was comin up...on this side its all abstract...
"oh this new iPhone starts shipping on sept 21, lets delay interviews till then so we can all flaunt our new iPhone"

"oh this new iPhone starts shipping on sept 21, lets delay interviews till then so we can all flaunt our new iPhone"

I am left with no money after applying for dental school. If you can sponsor me iphone then i don't mind to flaunt using it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jokes apart, this waiting time is big headache. :mad: Hopefully next week will hav some good news:):)

Guys just heard from USC, end of the month interviews will be sent out! Good luck folks.

I think at the end of this month, we all know if we have any opportunity to show our talents :p or if we need another year to work on resume:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::D:smuggrin::D

Guys just heard from USC, end of the month interviews will be sent out! Good luck folks.

why does everything have to be new (nbde pass/fail, DAT etc) and the delay in iv's etc be this year only...:mad:

that would leave us with what 15 more nut cracking days, provided one is lucky enough to be called...this is ridiculous...

why does everything have to be new (nbde pass/fail, DAT etc) and the delay in iv's etc be this year only...:mad:
ya man exactly...and what the "f"&^#ing" need to introduce DAT...they want to send us back to high school or what...NYU has also gone out of bounds now...

Hey guys

Did UCLA or UCSF send complete application emails ??

Thanks!!

Hey guys

Thanks!!

UCLA told me my application was completed, but maybe because when I sent it, some of my score reports hadn't reached. When they had reached and I emailed them to confirm if they had received my documents, they said they had.
UCSF did not send me any application complete or incomplete email, so I cannot give you a definitive answer for that.
Hope that helps!

Hey guys

Thanks!!

unlike pacific UCSF wont send an application completion...if you mail them they will reply...i think its the same for UCLA as well...

unlike pacific UCSF wont send an application completion...if you mail them they will reply...i think its the same for UCLA as well...

Do you think it is worth it to email UCSF and inquire about the completion of one's application? I have been mulling it over, but I really don't know what I would do if they tell me application is incomplete, seeing the deadline is long passed...it might just be super frustrating to find out something or other didn't reach on time! Most of my applications were sent very close to deadlines, seeing I got my result quite late. What do you think?

Do you think it is worth it to email UCSF and inquire about the completion of one's application? I have been mulling it over, but I really don't know what I would do if they tell me application is incomplete, seeing the deadline is long passed...it might just be super frustrating to find out something or other didn't reach on time! Most of my applications were sent very close to deadlines, seeing I got my result quite late. What do you think?
i dont think mary will be able to reply to your mails now...coz they are busy finalizing the candidates for for iv's...which would be sent coming monday, same as uop...had it confirmed...bit i think there is no harm in asking..you can just drop in an e mail...

i dont think mary will be able to reply to your mails now...coz they are busy finalizing the candidates for for iv's...which would be sent coming monday, same as uop...had it confirmed...bit i think there is no harm in asking..you can just drop in an e mail...

exactly! I think if, by chance, it was not complete, I would just know a few days earlier that I am not getting in interview! lol. I think I might as well just wait til Monday, I'll know for sure by then anyways! :) but thank you for the insight and the opinion!

exactly! I think if, by chance, it was not complete, I would just know a few days earlier that I am not getting in interview! lol. I think I might as well just wait til Monday, I'll know for sure by then anyways! :) but thank you for the insight and the opinion!

ohh yeah i did'nt think of it that way..no point of mailing now...just couple of days left for the iv's to be out...

wait guys ! who is sending invitations on Monday other than Pacific ??

Got rejection from Buffalo n Minnesota inspite of having 3.5 GPA,cleared Part1 with 89 and also part 2.....n know of candidates getting call at 85 in part1 without part2.......have NO idea wats their criteria of selection.......wat they want us to spend is 30,000 bucks to give some firm to make my SOP.....BULL****.........have all the hopes with these few Univs.......

Got rejection from Buffalo n Minnesota inspite of having 3.5 GPA,cleared Part1 with 89 and also part 2.....n know of candidates getting call at 85 in part1 without part2.......have NO idea wats their criteria of selection.......wat they want us to spend is 30,000 bucks to give some firm to make my SOP.....BULL****.........have all the hopes with these few Univs.......

gosh they are crazy man...doz stats definitely deserve an interview at least...btw when did u get the buffalo rejection?

Are you sure on that UCSF will be giving interview calls on monday

ya am sure on that..had it confirmed from mary by one of my friends whos currently into the program...

hey tanmay...this is really heartbreaking...but tell you what don't consider your part one score to make any difference...they are only considering pass/ fail now...other thing is in sop they look for a strong point..that could be your academics. work ex or for that matter how you relate your present scenario to their requirements...am sure even if you have one appealing thing in your sop your application will be considered...and another thing is if your lor's correspond to your sop..that also makes the difference...i personally wrote my own sop...i just mentioned in simple English what i have been through and what are my dreams and aspirations...i guess that's what is there about a good sop...i have worked with few Americans on and off...they look for originality rather than the composition...but what confuses me is Buffalo rejection...they have given preference to part 2 candidates...but i will tell you to hold on...keep the faith...something will turn up in time..all the best for cali schools...

Last edited: