Opinions on UOP (University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalwannabe6

Reaction score
Is anyone here a current student at UOP? Could you please tell me about your personal experience with their program? How are the professors, how's the patient flow, clinical exposure and requirements, facilities/clinics etc.
Others, who are not current students - what have you heard about UOP? I saw some negative comments saying it's a lower tier program, and I'd just like to hear more about it/ more opinions.
Your input is much appreciated
🙏

Members don't see this ad.

I have only heard great things about the program, but unfortunately, I received my rejection letter yesterday which was quite a bummer. However, if you are curious about the program, you can follow their social media accounts. They create a separate Instagram account for every group, and I am also following a couple of students who have recently completed the IDP program. They have shared their experiences about being a part of the school, which made me want to be a part of it even more.
Therefore, I recommend you follow their social media accounts as well, to get an idea of what it's like to be a part of the school. If you have an interview, congratulations! What matters most is that you feel comfortable. During the interview, you can ask questions about the program, students, culture, and everything else that you might be curious about.
They also hold monthly Zoom meetings for prospective students to ask questions and learn about the school.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I've typically heard good things about UOP. Their graduates have a good presence in various residency programs. Personally I think one of the cool things about their program is that it's three years. Positive with that is you save one year of being in dental school. I met an resident that was part of their 3+3 program and now at their ortho program as well. She will graduate residency at the age of 26 which is awesome to me. However, it is a pretty expensive school and the fast pace of the program can be a deterrent for those that benefit from a traditional 4-year paced program.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone here a current student at UOP? Could you please tell me about your personal experience with their program? How are the professors, how's the patient flow, clinical exposure and requirements, facilities/clinics etc.
Others, who are not current students - what have you heard about UOP? I saw some negative comments saying it's a lower tier program, and I'd just like to hear more about it/ more opinions.
Your input is much appreciated
🙏
I saw someone spreading current students don't like it and accused others of cheating with no actions. Looks like it was a way to degrade the university with no credibility. UOP is seriously a good school.

I've heard good things about UoP as well. I have a few friends who are current students there. I would also recommend looking at Roseman if you are interested in a 3-year program (current student in the 3-year class), and it is such a great program. Plus, it will save you around $150k if you go to Roseman over UoP; however, if you want to specialize, UoP students have greater success than Roseman. Compared to other programs, Roseman is pretty weak in getting people accepted into residency sadly.