OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did any one ask when the adcom would meet after the bridge interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't ask but it should be this next week. phone calles end of the week would be as early as I would expect. I wouldn't be surprised if calles went out first of the week after.

Members don't see this ad :)
So are all of the interviews concluded, bridge and non-bridge?

Awesome. I can't wait to hear some updates! I hope OSU gives me a shot; I'm really excited about their family medicine program!

Just got the call for bridge program!!!!!!

Thanks I am litterally speechless, I now know what it is like to win the lottery!

Awesome congrats! Gl to everyone else!

Hopefully I'll get lucky some day too :)

This is my fifth application to medical school, and I've never been more passionate about getting in than after my interview with OSU. I can only hope!
:xf:

Got the call too at about 2:30 PM. I I AM SO HAPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. OSU HERE I COME

Members don't see this ad :)
were all bridge calls made today?

Last edited:
were all bridge calls made today?

Sounds like it. I probably should've applied to the bridge program given that I've been rejected from medical school five times....

Oh well, standard waitlist still applies. For now.

Congrats to all! Does anyone know if it was just bridge calls today? Any ideas when the adcom will meet for the waitlist? I tried calling earlier but no one answered.

Congrats to all! Does anyone know if it was just bridge calls today? Any ideas when the adcom will meet for the waitlist? I tried calling earlier but no one answered.

I'm wondering the same thing. From what I can tell today was for bridge applicants. 130 interviews for 9 slots, yeesh! My guess is that adcom probably met for the whole shebang, both bridge and waitlist, and that they just called bridge today. Maybe tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday?

Congrats to all of those that were accepted. The bridge program is a good way to ease your way into medical school. Just make sure you make the 85% to not retake, it is very doable...

Congrats to all of those that were accepted. The bridge program is a good way to ease your way into medical school. Just make sure you make the 85% to not retake, it is very doable...

Wow, that sounds really tough but an excellent way to prepare for the rigors of medical school.

were any out of state applicants called and accepted to the bridge program today?

Well I guess its reapplication time for me.

Congrats to all those accepted and gl to those reapplying and still waiting!

Congrats to Mimi, SaylorDad and Monggirl! Mimi, looks like you cam fill in the blank for your SOM sig now.

Seems like today's calls were for bridge only. Still, it'd be nice to get some confirmation on when us waitlisted applications will hear more information!
Seems like waiting is my new hobby! :scared:

Been in those shoes Phange - for 2 months. Keep your head up and goodluck!

Been in those shoes Phange - for 2 months. Keep your head up and goodluck!

Oh don't worry, I'm used to it. I've been on OU's waitlist before and let me tell you, it's much worse on theirs. At least OSU has the decency to answer questions. That kind of respect definitely gets noticed :)

In any case, I guess us waitlistees get to chill out on this board until we either get accepted or August hits, huh? Or the "waitlist purge" I suppose. Hope I survive that!

I spoke with Lindsey yesterday and she said the adcom (non-bridge) met two weeks ago and the class is filled. She did say to expect waitlist movement in the next month.

Congrats to Mimi, SaylorDad and Monggirl! Mimi, looks like you cam fill in the blank for your SOM sig now.
Thanks Rev doc, OSU is an assume school and i feel very honored to be part of it. btw have u decided yet if u are going to osu or tech?

I spoke with Lindsey yesterday and she said the adcom (non-bridge) met two weeks ago and the class is filled. She did say to expect waitlist movement in the next month.

Any news on when the waitlist itself will be "cut down"?

Thanks for all of the congratulations guys it really has been a long wild ride. My words of advice are to just keep you chin up and don't give up. I first applied three years ago, and just kept improving my application everyway I could. This year has been the hardest, and thoughts of giving up kept creeping in. Thankfully they gave me a chance.

Thanks for all of the congratulations guys it really has been a long wild ride. My words of advice are to just keep you chin up and don't give up. I first applied three years ago, and just kept improving my application everyway I could. This year has been the hardest, and thoughts of giving up kept creeping in. Thankfully they gave me a chance.

Wish I could say the same, man! Congrats. I've been rejected from OU three times, and waitlisted once. This is my first application to OSU.

I believe in "never giving up", but if I don't make it in this time it'll be the fifth rejection overall.

In any case, I'm gonna apply again if I don't get in through the waitlist :thumbup:

waitlist will be cut mid may when the last day for deposit refunds arrives and alot of movement occurs.

Congrats to all you Bridge folks...see you this summer.

SaylorsDad--you are an inspiration and a poster child for persaverance..

Do you guys know, in general, what percent of waitlistees tend to get cut from the final waitlist? I'd hate to wait this long only to get dropped at the last minute :(

The wait is even more brutal now than it was for OU last year. Partially because I don't know for sure that I'll be on the final waitlist. Oh man, I hope they let me in.

Congrats Mimi I knew you would get in. Thanks from the ride from interviews. I guess I will be reapplying next year along with other schools. I am so excited for you though you I know you will do very well.
Does anyone know if any out of state residents have been accepted ?

Congrats Mimi I knew you would get in. Thanks from the ride from interviews. I guess I will be reapplying next year along with other schools. I am so excited for you though you I know you will do very well.
Does anyone know if any out of state residents have been accepted ?

Were you a bridge applicant, waitlisted, or rejected?

I'm sorry to hear you have to reapply... I know the feeling... five times lol

But if Saylorsdad is any indication, never giving up is the key to success. I'm going to work harder and harder until I eventually get in. I certainly hope it's this time, though

For those wait-listed or rejected, don't give up, but also be realistic. Apply to as many schools as possible because if you were good enough to get an interview at OSU then you are good enough to get admitted somewhere the first time. Yes it's good to keep plugging away at the same school each year, but while one school is "on the fence" with you, another will snatch you up in a heart beat.

My last MCAT was in 2008; guess I'll have to study and retake it this summer if I don't hear anything by mid May. Never give up! Never surrender!

Speaking from experience, definitely don't give up. It took me two, almost three years. And if you are waitlisted / final waitlisted, never say never!! I was final waitlisted last year and had given up all hope of getting in by mid-July, so I just started my new application for this upcoming year. I got the phone call the first week of August, four days before orientation started.... Someone got pulled off the waitlist at their #1 school and took it, which opened up a last minute seat for me. So don't ever count yourself out until they tell you its a no-go and you need to reapply. With that being said, always be prepared for the worst, and go ahead and work on your app for the upcoming year so that as soon as you know for sure you are not in, you can immediately submit your app and be one of the first. Early app is key, key, key. Much better chances when you interview early with 90 seats available versus late when only 2 seats are available, with 32 people in your interview round plus people still on the waitlist. Look online and see when OU's last day to commit is; expect movement and phone calls to start happening not long after.

the only thing I am a poster child for is birth control!
yes apply broadly and your chances will go way way up. I only applied to osu because I didn't care to move out of state and I didn't care to goto OU.

the only thing I am a poster child for is birth control!
yes apply broadly and your chances will go way way up. I only applied to osu because I didn't care to move out of state and I didn't care to goto OU.

CONGRATS!!!!!!! I actually yelled out when I saw that you were accepted!!!!!!:D

OU's final day for decisions is April 15 (people can't get their deposits back after that point). I get the feeling there will be a lot of waitlist shufflin' going on around that time.

And, boy, this topic is going to heat up like crazy in mid-May when the chop block comes out. Until then, sit back, relax, and hope we all get in!:D

OU's final day for decisions is April 15 (people can't get their deposits back after that point). I get the feeling there will be a lot of waitlist shufflin' going on around that time.

And, boy, this topic is going to heat up like crazy in mid-May when the chop block comes out. Until then, sit back, relax, and hope we all get in!:D

Actually I heard they switched it this year to May 15 at OU. I confirmed it with someone I know accepted to OU, it is May 15. So maybe a few will accepted to both schools will chose OU and some waitlist movement will happen.

can any of the bridge people who got in this year list their gpa and mcat stats.

3.1 gpa 23 mcat, many hours shadowing, former marine "usmc", have taught high school science/math for 6 years.

forgot to mention that I have a very strong upward trend, I think I have around 3.8 over my last 110 hours of college. I did very poorly for my first 90 hours. They truly look at your entire application.

Last edited:
thanks but there are alot of people with better stats out there.