Oregon State 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@ERVetTech congrats! I’m OOS and still waiting to hear back.
I bet you'll hear soon! I'm WICHE so that may be why I heard back so early. Best of luck <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wiche/OOS alternate offer here as well! Does anyone know if they have separate wait lists for wiche and out of state?

Wiche/OOS alternate offer here as well! Does anyone know if they have separate wait lists for wiche and out of state?
congrats @johnsmith123
well im not sure but its very likely because OOS non wiche havent been notified yet...so there's probably a toootally different list for OOS non wiche

Reactions: 1 users
OOS rejected... my chances are slowly dwindling!!

I guess OOS non-WICHE will hear (maybe) tomorrow sigh

Reactions: 5 users
Tess cleared up some questions. Here is her response. "
You are correct in that we have only sent out WICHE offers and alternate list offers at this time. However, the WICHE and non-resident alternate lists are combined, so you would be considered for any open NR or WICHE alternate positions. Hopefully that helps."

My guess is that out of state decisions go out today. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Just looked at the thread from 2015 and OOS emails were sent 12/7. I think you will hear either today or tomorrow.

My heart just fell out getting that OOS decision timeline email lol

Members don't see this ad :)
The email they just sent almost gave me a heart attack RIP

Good afternoon,

I know that many of you have been wondering when you will hear back from Oregon State University regarding your admissions status. The Admissions Committee communicated decisions for Oregon residents and WICHE applicants yesterday and plans to have non-resident decisions sent out via email early next week. We appreciate your patience with the admissions process and will be in touch as soon as we can.

Sincerely,

Tess Collins

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Just recieved an email about admissions timeline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely....now I am only frantically refreshing my e-mail waiting to hear from Ohio....maybe I should decrease the frequency until next Monday?

It's 2AM where I'm at, but y'all will appreciate this.

I just had a dream that Tess called me herself and she goes "I just wanted to be the person to let you know that you've been officially considered... and ultimately declined for Oregon State" and I started crying and all I remember blubbering out was "but I want to be a Beaver!!!" and she hung up on me.

I am ready for the stress to be over my subconscious can't take it apparently

I just had a dream that Tess called me herself and she goes "I just wanted to be the person to let you know that you've been officially considered... and ultimately declined for Oregon State" and I started crying and all I remember blubbering out was "but I want to be a Beaver!!!" and she hung up on me.

I actually had a dream where they sent an email with a really sketchy title like "some sort of mix-up" which popped up on my screen because I have a macbook and the mail app open. But then the email was just that they had scheduled my interview and someone else's at the same time lol

I want to be a beaver thats so relatable i love it.
Waiting is killing me too guys and Ive lost my positivity with all this waiting.
Also ten bucks says that early next week means friday.

I actually had a dream where they sent an email with a really sketchy title like "some sort of mix-up" which popped up on my screen because I have a macbook and the mail app open. But then the email was just that they had scheduled my interview and someone else's at the same time lol

I had a dream the day after I got my invite that I Actually dremt the whole thing and I didn’t even hear if I got an invite yet and I got all excited for nothing and then when I woke up I had to check my emails to double check that I really got an interview. Haha applying to vet school messes with your mind and confidence!

Just got OOS acceptance by email!

Reactions: 10 users
Nothing for me yet either. OOS, Texas.

OOS Acceptance! First one and it feels so so good!

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!! Thats so amazing! Nothing yet for me oos

Don't despair, I was literally reading the page, and came across the above post "got the e-mail", "10 minutes ago", and it didn't register at first, then I couldn't click my e-mail tab fast enough o_O

Last edited:
Don't despair, I was literally reading the page, and came across "got the e-mail 10 minutes ago", and it didn't register at first, then I couldn't click my e-mail tab fast enough

Im sooo worried wahhhh

Me too. I wonder if they email even if you don't get an acceptance.

Me too. I wonder if they email even if you don't get an acceptance.

Well i think they should but thats what im starting to think. Effffing eff i feel like crap rn

Well i think they should but thats what im starting to think. Effffing eff i feel like crap rn

Still waiting.... :(((

I haven't heard anything....I'm OOS. Does anyone know how much of their OOS waitlist OSU goes through? It seems like some schools can through over 100 candidate before filling their class...Any current students go through this in previous years?

I swear, this feels like the time my fiance told me she was going to propose... and then waited four months to actually do it.

I swear, this feels like the time my fiance told me she was going to propose... and then waited four months to actually do it.

I'm losing my **** rn so I think I'd end up murdering my fiancé if they did that

OOS, still haven’t heard anything here.

It was definitely not my proudest - months of sulking. And secretly going to try on wedding dresses. Lol.

Just got my rejection email. Congrats everyone i wish you all well in your veterinary endeavors

OOS alternate! I’ll take it! With that being said, anyone know how their waitlist works? How has the movement been in the past? Do they provide you with a number? All I know is the alternate list is combined with WICHE spots too.

OOS alternate! I’ll take it! With that being said, anyone know how their waitlist works? How has the movement been in the past? Do they provide you with a number? All I know is the alternate list is combined with WICHE spots too.
From last year's thread: "We have invited approximately 100 applicants to remain on the alternate list, which is not ranked at this time. If/when we are able to start making offers from the alternate list, the admissions committee will complete a ranking. Each year the number of alternate offers we are able to make varies widely. Last year we were not able to offer any alternate positions, but the year before that we extended nearly 40 offers." Last year's thread also said that WICHE and regular OOS alternate lists are combined. All spots are fair game.