open questions to all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After an automobile accident , a patient's chin deviates to the left on opening mouth widely.His mandible is probably fractured at which of the following points?

a. genial tubercle
b.left condyolar neck
c.right condylar neck
d.left mental foramen
e.right mental foramen

post the correct anwer and justify it with right explanation

Members don't see this ad.

godisgud... I dislike questions like this because if one wanted to get specific both the subling. and palatine glands are ALMOST entirely mucous secreting but not COMPLETELY.. so I'm not sure what I would put. If just one of those was there I would have picked it. Can anyone clear this up for us?

ans is palatine glands.minor salivary glands r mucous.sublingual glands have serous demilunes.so,not purely mucous.in the given options,B is ans.

A synthetic polypeptide is made up from a single amino acid of molecular weight 110 daltons. If the polypeptide contains 100 of these amino acid residues, its molecular weight will be?
1. 11,000 daltons
2. 10,000
3. 9,218--ans
4. 9,200
5. 8,210

why?

A synthetic polypeptide is made up from a single amino acid of molecular weight 110 daltons. If the polypeptide contains 100 of these amino acid residues, its molecular weight will be?
1. 11,000 daltons
2. 10,000
3. 9,218--ans
4. 9,200
5. 8,210

why?

mmmmm what kind of question is that ? for real ?? can some one pls clarify it ,,hey brainsle iam tryin but no answer !!!! isnt suppose to be 11,000 ????

Members don't see this ad :)
The nerves in dental pulp are
1)afferent only
2)symp only
3)parasymp only
4)afferent and sympathetic
5)afferent and parasympathetic

[QUOTEits true bec. its sensory !!!

guys pls help in this question !!!!

the ph of a solution having a 10-5 M concentration of OH ion is

a.5
b.7
c.9
d.determined if the pka is known

so can some one clear this for me and tell me HOW to answer this question please,, the answer is --------------> 9
can some one tell how the 9 came from ????????

[QUOTEits true bec. its sensory !!!

guys pls help in this question !!!!

the ph of a solution having a 10-5 M concentration of OH ion is

a.5
b.7
c.9
d.determined if the pka is known

so can some one clear this for me and tell me HOW to answer this question please,, the answer is --------------> 9
can some one tell how the 9 came from ????????

H+ ion conc-10-5
PH-5
POH=14-5=9.

hope im clear.

During oxidative phosphorylation,the hydrogen ion gradient is created using energy from which of the following?
A. A.D.P. transport
B. A.T.P. transport
C. A.T.P. hydrolysis
D. Reduction of NAD+
E. Electron transfers

During oxidative phosphorylation,the hydrogen ion gradient is created using energy from which of the following?
A. A.D.P. transport
B. A.T.P. transport
C. A.T.P. hydrolysis
D. Reduction of NAD+
E. Electron transfers.........................answer

thanx for the assurance,thought the same infact but got lil confused after seeing the wrong answer(print)

Members don't see this ad :)
Which of the following represents the sensory organs concerned with maintenance of skeletal muscle tonus?
A. Muscle spindles
B. Golgi tendon organs.

Which of the following represents the sensory organs concerned with maintenance of skeletal muscle tonus?
A. Muscle spindles...................answer
B. Golgi tendon organs
spindles r sensory organs which primarily monitor tension within muscle.this part vry nicely explained in okeson
plz correct if my answer is wrong .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_spindle

maxillary and mandibular movement ques
can anyone clear up how to do th mandibular and maxillary molar and premolar arrow ques,where we need to identify th workin n non working side,for sum reason i'm not getting my answers rite .i think i'm makin mistake identifying th side of teeth.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=661460
i tried refering to this thread bt still not gettin it rite,plz help :confused:

can sumone plz help explaning the concept how decreased plasma oncotic pressure cause edema

i guess this is the explanation,resorbtion occurs when there is enough plasma proteins , so when there is decreased palsma proteins ,there will be fluid in the interstetium resulting in edema.

hope this helps.:)

i guess this is the explanation,resorbtion occurs when there is enough plasma proteins , so when there is decreased palsma proteins ,there will be fluid in the interstetium resulting in edema.

hope this helps.:)
thnks gudluck bt can u explain wat factor drives filtration in capillarieswen protein content is low ,is it th more concentration of ions outside that drives fluid outside ???bt we rtalkin abt reduced plasma protein stuff so i guess ions hav nothing to do ,plz clarify.

thnks gudluck bt can u explain wat factor drives filtration in capillarieswen protein content is low ,is it th more concentration of ions outside that drives fluid outside ???bt we rtalkin abt reduced plasma protein stuff so i guess ions hav nothing to do ,plz clarify.
In osmosis,as we know water flows a from higher to a lower gradient,so the capillaries in this case which are holding more water than the interstitium would let the water escape out and edema results.

Pl.correct me if i m wrong.

Osmosis would result in water flowing from higher to lower.So water would leak out of capillaries and interstitial edema would result.
Pl. correct me if i am wrong.

1. 11,000 daltons
2. 10,000
3. 9,218--ans
4. 9,200
5. 8,210

why?

This is because the single amino acid hasn't had a peptide bond and lost a water molecule which weighs 18 daltons. Multiply this by 100 and you get 11,000-1800=9200 and now the second trick comes in where the first and last amino acid don't form a peptide bond and still retain the elements that would make up the 100th water molecule so you add back 18, so 9200+18=9218 daltons

BloodHydrostatic pressure is high in the capillaries close to arteries ,BHP and also interstetial fluid osmotic pressure both cause filtration from the capillaries that are close to arteries so this causes filtration hence ions etc move in to the tissues. venous side of capillaries there will be resorption this is because blood colloidal pressure as well as interstetial hydrostatic pressure.ions now gets absorbed ,ions like co2 etc that are liberated from the tissue. Hope this helps:)

BloodHydrostatic pressure is high in the capillaries close to arteries ,BHP and also interstetial fluid osmotic pressure both cause filtration from the capillaries that are close to arteries so this causes filtration hence ions etc move in to the tissues. venous side of capillaries there will be resorption this is because blood colloidal pressure as well as interstetial hydrostatic pressure.ions now gets absorbed ,ions like co2 etc that are liberated from the tissue. Hope this helps:)
thnks gudluck ,got it rite now.

hi guys.
i would appreciate is anyone can send the 2003 released paper to my mail adress since i have the explanation part but not the questionss.
thanks in advance..

hi guys.
i would appreciate is anyone can send the 2003 released paper to my mail adress since i have the explanation part but not the questionss.
thanks in advance..
btw the mail is;, [email protected]

hey cmcnr how u got the number 18 from???is it standerd measurment or what !!

A dalton is equal to 1 atomic mas unit, either a proton or a neutron, so in H2O oxygen is 8 protons and 8 neutrons for an mass of 16 daltons and hydrogen is just a proton so 1 dalton times 2 hydrogen atoms 16+1+1=18

ok cmcner thanks i got it now,,so when ever we have such type of question we use dalton= 18.

hi guys.
thanks in advance..
Pl. pm me if u get.Itoo was looking for the same part.Thanx!

ok cmcner thanks i got it now,,so when ever we have such type of question we use dalton= 18.

Well yeah, but you should really understand the concept of what a Dalton is, it could come up in many other applications. 1 Dalton = 1 amu (atomic mass unit) it's very simple. In this case you're losing water so you use 18, the atomic weight of water.

please answer
which of the following compound with active methyle group
serine,
creteane,
methionine
s- adenosl methionine

please answer
General Anesthesia causes sleep in what part of the brain ?

Basal ganglia
reticular formation
cerebrum
cerebellum

hey raa and pb2007
well the r correct answer is RETICULAR FORMATION for sure ...because The reticular formation controls several essential bodily functions, such as arousal, attention, cardiac reflexes, some motor functions, awareness, and SLEEP...
hope this will help!
take care

thanks for ans but i think cerebral cortex(cerebrum) should be the ans

I think the anser is 2. The reason is:

From standing position to supine, venous return increase-->blood return to right atrium and ventricle increase---> contractibility increase(Starling law)----B.P increase----> baroreceptor at carotid sinus activity increase--->reflex-->Heart pulse decrease and decrease peripheral resistance.

So the answer is 2.

[QUOTE
Which cardivascular changes occur when changing from standing to supine position
1- decrease in contractibility
2- decrease in total peripheral resistance
3- dilation of large veins
4- increase in pulse (ans)
5- increase in renal blood flow

reduced venous blood cause cardiac center activation which cause increased pulse pressure i am not sure though. anybody any explanations??[/QUOTE]

Palatine glands are purely mucous.

godisgud... I dislike questions like this because if one wanted to get specific both the subling. and palatine glands are ALMOST entirely mucous secreting but not COMPLETELY.. so I'm not sure what I would put. If just one of those was there I would have picked it. Can anyone clear this up for us?

if the molar %of A(adenine)in a native DNA specimen is 22%,than what is the molar content of G(guanine)
22%
28%
44%
56%
78%
i dont know my result is 33%,but it is not on list,explain

This question is testing the concept of "base-pair". In DNA sequence, A+T+G+C=100% A=T, G=C, so if A is 22%, so is T, so rest 56% are cobination of GC. You divide 56% by 2 (which is 28%), you will get the G content---28%

if the molar %of A(adenine)in a native DNA specimen is 22%,than what is the molar content of G(guanine)
22%
28%---answer
44%
56%
78%
i dont know my result is 33%,but it is not on list,explain