Ohio State c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can i ask what feedback you got from your personal statement?
I didn’t get a lot of feedback from OSU on it. They do a very brief file review and one of the major points was from my essay. I heard back from other schools that my PS didn’t fit the prompt and didn’t convey why I wanted to be a vet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m so

thats What i don’t get tho. I have a 3.8 gpa and a 3.7 science gpa so i just don’t get jt
You mentioned that you have under 500 hours of vet experience, I would say that may be a big factor. Every school is different of course but some schools I've talked to said that 500 is average and 1000 is competitive. Trust me, I get the frustration. I have fairly good stats and I've been rejected from 3 schools so far. The reality of it is they only have a certain amount of seats and they have to make difficult cuts. I would focus on trying to get more hours and start prepping to reapply next year. You've got this!

Reactions: 1 users
In-state interview! Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS interview! Heard at 3:14 pm today, good luck as more hear back tomorrow!!

Does anyone know the # of IS and # of OOS people they chose for interviews? I know last year they invited 530 people (out of nearly 3,000 in total) to interview but was curious about this year

OOS Interview (invite sent yesterday)!! This is my first invite after being rejected by three schools. Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview! To those who were not given an interview, hang in there. I got in on my third application cycle and know how it feels to receive rejection after rejection. I am a current first year so feel free to reach out with any questions about the interview process, the school, etc!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to everyone who received an interview! To those who were not given an interview, hang in there. I got in on my third application cycle and know how it feels to receive rejection after rejection. I am a current first year so feel free to reach out with any questions about the interview process, the school, etc!
Hey! I have an interview coming up, do you know after getting an interview what the odds are of getting in? Also I was checking on the site but couldn't get a clear answer, what's available in terms of exotics and reproductive health for classes?

This may seem like a silly question, but do any veterinary interviews require fresh resumes to be readily available to give to the interviewer(s)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long after our interview we get our application decision?

Anyone know how long after our interview we get our application decision?

From previous years I believe they released decisions around February 20th-23rd. So for those choosing the February 10th interview date it shouldn’t be a super long wait for final results.

From previous years I believe they released decisions around February 20th-23rd. So for those choosing the February 10th interview date it shouldn’t be a super long wait for final results.
Ironically they just got back to me on the same question. They didn’t give specifics but they said by April 🙃

Ironically they just got back to me on the same question. They didn’t give specifics but they said by April

Bruh by April? The deadline to accept on offer is April 15th they better get back to us before then

Bruh by April? The deadline to accept on offer is April 15th they better get back to us before then
Fr 😭I think they just said April cause they don't wanna commit to a date. A few schools I have asked the same question had the same answer so idk anymore! But looking at last years forum, a lot of people started hearing back in early February so its probably gonna be between February and March if I had to guess. It's also probably dependent on what day you're scheduled to interview 🤷‍♂️

Fr I think they just said April cause they don't wanna commit to a date. A few schools I have asked the same question had the same answer so idk anymore! But looking at last years forum, a lot of people started hearing back in early February so its probably gonna be between February and March if I had to guess. It's also probably dependent on what day you're scheduled to interview

Yeah I scheduled the February interview date so I could have more time to prepare so I’ll hear back later haha

Yeah I scheduled the February interview date so I could have more time to prepare so I’ll hear back later haha
I have mine scheduled on the first date in January. I’ll let y’all know if i hear anything 🙏🏻

Is Ohio State MMI or traditional interview ? Is it closed file or open file?

The cool thing with tOSU is that they have PDF form file reviews with strong and weak areas of your application checked off. My GPA wasn’t very strong so they marked that for me, however, they’re also very big on volunteering so perhaps that could help for next year if you have to reapply?

Where do you find this?

Hey! I have an interview coming up, do you know after getting an interview what the odds are of getting in? Also I was checking on the site but couldn't get a clear answer, what's available in terms of exotics and reproductive health for classes?
to give some perspective on what type of odds there are for getting in, i know that they will narrow down the 530+ interviewees down to a class of ~165 with it being pretty evenly split between IS and OOS (i think it is about 45% and 55% respectively but varies per year of course). the interview accounts for about 60% of your final decision with grades being 10% and every other aspect of your application being 30%. As for your question about classes, we for sure learn about repro within our normal courses and exotics will be electives taken later in the curriculum. If I find the course directory I can PM it to you!
This may seem like a silly question, but do any veterinary interviews require fresh resumes to be readily available to give to the interviewer(s)?
no you do not need a fresh resume! Just be sure to highlight your experiences during the interview

Reactions: 3 users
Last year I interviewed with Ohio State which is my in state, but this year I'm an interview alternate. Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview? I was heart broken.

Has anyone applied for scholarships on OSU’s ScholarshipUniverse? I’m not sure if I doing the application correct…. A lot of the questions seem like they’re for those who are already in vet school and they ask about what students have done at OSU-CVM. Is there another scholarship application specifically for possible first year vet students?

Has anyone applied for scholarships on OSU’s ScholarshipUniverse? I’m not sure if I doing the application correct…. A lot of the questions seem like they’re for those who are already in vet school and they ask about what students have done at OSU-CVM. Is there another scholarship application specifically for possible first year vet students?
I don’t think incoming first years are intended to complete the scholarship universe application.

All scholarships last year were awarded to us based on our admission, there was no scholarship application.

I know this question has probably been asked before but if we were given an interview (no acceptance yet) do we have to submit our fall transcripts?

I know this question has probably been asked before but if we were given an interview (no acceptance yet) do we have to submit our fall transcripts?
Their website says that fall transcripts are not required! It says that applicants who are offered a seat will need to submit their official transcripts, though!

I think someone may have already asked this, but does anyone know Ohios interview style? MMI or traditional?

Can anyone offer any interview tips for OSU? Thanks a lot!!!

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! ☘

Does OSU send you a link for the virtual interview? Mine is on 1/27 and I haven’t received a link of any kind.

Does OSU send you a link for the virtual interview? Mine is on 1/27 and I haven’t received a link of any kind.
I am interviewing in about 30 minutes and they sent an email with a zoom link on the 17th!

Mine were the opposite

Oh no did you have bad interviewers? In all honesty why are the interviews conducted by random volunteers? I know PhD interviews are conducted by faculty. I get that there are a lot of people being interviewed but at the same time I think there needs to be more cohesion so it’s not luck of the draw for students.

Oh no did you have bad interviewers? In all honesty why are the interviews conducted by random volunteers? I know PhD interviews are conducted by faculty. I get that there are a lot of people being interviewed but at the same time I think there needs to be more cohesion so it’s not luck of the draw for students.
I am not the OP, and mine were great, but they were retired graduates that have been in practice for 30-40 years each! So, they were not faculty or officially affilitated with tOSU beyond being interviewers. They did mention they do it every year, though

I am not the OP, and mine were great, but they were retired graduates that have been in practice for 30-40 years each! So, they were not faculty or officially affilitated with tOSU beyond being interviewers. They did mention they do it every year, though
So I probably will not be able to ask them OSU specific questions because they won’t know right 😂
That’s unfortunate :(

So I probably will not be able to ask them OSU specific questions because they won’t know right 😂
That’s unfortunate :(
yeah, sadly not. They spoke about the environment and the support but couldn’t answer anything regarding their curriculum or current state.

For those who have already interviewed, were the questions the ones found on their SDN page?

Has anyone received a zoom link that’s interviewing on Saturday??

Good luck you guys! I chose Feb 10th and I’m honestly wishing I chose this Saturday so I could have it done with. More practice time though I suppose lol.

I will be interviewing this Saturday and I just received the Zoom link with the interview information! Best of luck everyone!!