Ohio State c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year I interviewed with Ohio State which is my in state, but this year I'm an interview alternate. Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview? I was heart broken.

I was put on the waitlist and about 1-2 weeks later I got a call to schedule an interview! Don’t lose hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview this morning and it was a great experience. This is my second interview of the cycle and I bombed the first one (my IS) and got denied. I prepared for this one by videotaping myself answering broad questions and scenario questions. It helped me so much and I felt great coming out of this one. For those of you who are soft spoken or overwhelmed by the interview process (like me) I want to encourage you to focus on how you can present better and really show yourself. It makes such a difference knowing that even if I don’t get in, I was able to do my best and show who I am. Preparation will help you show your best self!

Reactions: 5 users
I feel awful, like I wanna throw up. The interviewers were so kind and welcoming, and I didn’t feel like I got hard questions, I knew how I wanted to answer them. But when I started talking I fell apart, I was babbling and stuttering and just not answering coherently at all. I know I could have done so much better but just flubbed it. I don’t have many interviews left and i’m so upset with myself for ruining this one :(

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Those who have interviewed, is there any advice you would be willing to offer? I have mine on February 10th. This is my first interview ever (and the only interview I was offered this cycle). I’m very nervous but I’ve been prepping a lot. I guess I’m just looking for how you felt the interview went and anything you did to prepare before hand/during that worked for you. Thanks guys and good luck to us all! I hope we’re future classmates this fall

Those who have interviewed, is there any advice you would be willing to offer? I have mine on February 10th. This is my first interview ever (and the only interview I was offered this cycle). I’m very nervous but I’ve been prepping a lot. I guess I’m just looking for how you felt the interview went and anything you did to prepare before hand/during that worked for you. Thanks guys and good luck to us all! I hope we’re future classmates this fall
@morgsrees gave some really good advice yesterday that I would echo. Recording yourself or practicing with people in your life is incredibly beneficial. Do plenty of breathing exercises, or whatever helps you feel calm and focused. Personally, I feel like my interview yesterday went incredibly well but no matter what the outcome is, I was able to give 110% of myself and I find so much peace in that. You received an interview for a reason, be true to who you are and what you bring to the table.

Reactions: 3 users
@morgsrees gave some really good advice yesterday that I would echo. Recording yourself or practicing with people in your life is incredibly beneficial. Do plenty of breathing exercises, or whatever helps you feel calm and focused. Personally, I feel like my interview yesterday went incredibly well but no matter what the outcome is, I was able to give 110% of myself and I find so much peace in that. You received an interview for a reason, be true to who you are and what you bring to the table.

Thank you!
What did you wear to the interview? One vet I was practicing with suggested I wear a nice sweater that compliments my complexion. Would a modest sweater be too informal?

Thank you!
What did you wear to the interview? One vet I was practicing with suggested I wear a nice sweater that compliments my complexion. Would a modest sweater be too informal?
I still dressed as if it were an in person interview. I wore a well-fitted pant suit with a formal top underneath in a flattering color.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel awful, like I wanna throw up. The interviewers were so kind and welcoming, and I didn’t feel like I got hard questions, I knew how I wanted to answer them. But when I started talking I fell apart, I was babbling and stuttering and just not answering coherently at all. I know I could have done so much better but just flubbed it. I don’t have many interviews left and i’m so upset with myself for ruining this one :(

Don’t lose hope and don’t overthink it! :) I interviewed with another school—felt that I did absolutely awful in the interview, was unprepared for a specific questions so I stuttered a bit—but I was actually accepted! Hopefully this makes you feel better and more confident!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Don’t lose hope and don’t overthink it! :) I interviewed with another school—felt that I did absolutely awful in the interview, was unprepared for a specific questions so I stuttered a bit—but I was actually accepted! Hopefully this makes you feel better and more confident!
Thank you! This does help me a lot. I have these anxiety-ridden thoughts involving if my interview isn't absolutely perfect like I'm giving some highly important speech that I will fail for certain. Friends of mine who are currently in vet school told me they thought their interview went so-so/bad or even that they cried and still got in. Stories like this do indeed fill me with hope and I appreciate them :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder when we’ll hear back! My interviewers told me that it would probably be the 2nd week of February since interviews end the tenth, which makes me think next week. Eek!

I wonder when we’ll hear back! My interviewers told me that it would probably be the 2nd week of February since interviews end the tenth, which makes me think next week. Eek!
I was told on 1/27 that decisions should be out the week of 2/19. They asked us to give them that whole week and then reach out to their office if we haven't heard anything by 2/26.

Aaaah I interview on Saturday! So nervous but I’ve prepped a lot and I’m ready to get it over with lol. Hoping it goes well and I get an acceptance good luck everyone!

• Care
IIRC from the 2021 cycle it was about 2-3 weeks from initial interviews, and I got my acceptance about 4 weeks after my interview. Don’t panic if you don’t hear anything first round either, definitely doesn’t automatically mean anything!

Does anyone who interviewed 1/20 recall when they said to expect to hear back? I thought she said 2/10 but in past years it looks like they've done rolling admissions for OOS at least. Their website also says rolling admissions, but I'm starting to think maybe none of us will hear back until later in February

Does anyone who interviewed 1/20 recall when they said to expect to hear back? I thought she said 2/10 but in past years it looks like they've done rolling admissions for OOS at least. Their website also says rolling admissions, but I'm starting to think maybe none of us will hear back until later in February
That’s when I interviewed and I remember them saying we should hear on the 14th, 15th or 16th!

That’s when I interviewed and I remember them saying we should hear on the 14th, 15th or 16th!
Thank you :) I was so nervous before my interview I think everything she said went straight over my head lol

I declined my interview after getting into my in-state so I really hope one of you amazing people get the chance to interview with tOSU!❤️

I declined my interview after getting into my in-state so I really hope one of you amazing people get the chance to interview with tOSU!❤️
I’ve been following your journey too!! Goodluck at NC State!!! You’re going to be an amazing vet one day 😁

• Care
I’ve been following your journey too!! Goodluck at NC State!!! You’re going to be an amazing vet one day 😁
You’re so insanely sweet!!! That means the world to me🥹 Thank you so so much! I can’t wait to work in this field with all of you amazing people and follow your journeys! I’m so proud of all of us and can’t wait to do amazing things together in vet med! You’re going to be an amazing vet too❤️

Anyone who has interviewed already, how many questions did they ask you?
Mine was 4 questions. 2 by each interviewer. Finished in about 20 minutes then just chatted the rest of the time. They were both very nice

According to my manager who also interviewed, they didn't even change the questions from 3 years ago, do with that information as you will...

According to my manager who also interviewed, they didn't even change the questions from 3 years ago, do with that information as you will...
haha thank you! I feel like that can be tricky because you don't want to over prepare and expect only those questions but wow... I really appreciate the intel!

Mine was 4 questions. 2 by each interviewer. Finished in about 20 minutes then just chatted the rest of the time. They were both very nice
Great, thank you! One of the schools i interviewed with asked 12 questions rapid fire and it was just too chaotic

Great, thank you! One of the schools i interviewed with asked 12 questions rapid fire and it was just too chaotic
Yeah MN was I think 7 and they used up the whole 45 minutes with me whereas I used ~18 mins/30 for both OSU and Purdue... and I did end up getting into MN even though the whole time I felt like I was drowning and the one interviewer, it seemed like she was peering into my soul and judging it harshly the entire time

Yeah MN was I think 7 and they used up the whole 45 minutes with me whereas I used ~18 mins/30 for both OSU and Purdue... and I did end up getting into MN even though the whole time I felt like I was drowning and the one interviewer, it seemed like she was peering into my soul and judging it harshly the entire time
Omg I feel that so hard. Some of the questions were so obscure for TN I was like omg how does this even show you anything about me as a potential vet.

feel kind of awful after the interview, just rushed through my answers so much

• Care
Just got an email saying that I’ll get my results back tomorrow 🤢🤮 AAHHH

• Care
IS applicant, interviewed on 1/27. Just got the email saying I’d know by tomorrow as well. May the vet school gods be with us all🤞🏻

Last edited:
  • Haha
Good luck everyone! I’m guessing I’ll hear back a little later since I just interviewed

• Care
I also got the email that I will hear tomorrow but I interviewed 2/10 😮 is that good or bad do we think

OOS applicant who interviewed 1/27 and I got the email as well…. how can I go about my day now??😂😅 Best of luck everyone!! Everything will work the way it’s supposed to.

• Care
IS applicant here maybe that’s why no email? Bruh I love how either way we’re nervous about this email

Are we thinking that “by tomorrow” means by end of day today? Or that tomorrow could also be a possibility ?

The email is certainly an anxiety booster, gonna be refreshing my email for the next two business days

Could it possibly be going out in alphabetical chunks? My last name starts with a B and I got the email this AM. It said they were still calculating scores so it surely couldn’t indicate admissions status