Ohio State c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I got to this page previously but then once i went through the authentication it wouldn't work
Same its glitching out for me

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm I went back through it again, try through the applicant center blue link on this page and then I got nothing

Edit: Nevermind, it decided once was enough and shut me out too 🥲

Yeah I think with all the upgrades to the website they are still working out the kinks, wouldn't hurt to let IT know you're having the issue as they might be unaware! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Have no fear, I am now being the guinea pig for IT to try and figure this out! LOL

Reactions: 1 users
I had some issues this morning with the buckeye link as well, but I was just able to logon without any issues. :)
No changes to the application status yet unfortunately :(

Yeah I had to send a bunch of emails and screenshots back and forth with IT today, they said best recommendation is clearing your browsing history and trying logging in again now and it should work using the new link! :)

Just an FYI, if people were looking at the Buckeyelink portal for significant application updates, it wasn't utilized much last year. Mine still said "pending" even after final decisions were released, I noticed it finally changed to "inactive" when I reapplied this year. All updates came from emails.

Reactions: 3 users
Good morning, I saw in previous years' forums that interview invites are sent out in late December. Do you think that still applies for this year? :)
tOSU is my top school and I am getting antsy!

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning, I saw in previous years' forums that interview invites are sent out in late December. Do you think that still applies for this year? :)
tOSU is my top school and I am getting antsy!
Every year follows pretty much the same timeline I wouldn’t expect anything before at least mid December unless they send something that says otherwise

Does OSU communicate through email or their portal?? I see more people having problems with the portal than anything so I’m just curious if they actually use it

Does OSU communicate through email or their portal?? I see more people having problems with the portal than anything so I’m just curious if they actually use it
I am assuming they will communicate via email from previous forums. On their website, it says they will send interview invites November/December, so hopefully we start hearing something soon!

Hey yall! I checked the OSU CVM website today and it looks like updates (interview invites, interview waitlists, and decline letters) are coming out on December 22nd!!

Reactions: 13 users
Hey yall! I checked the OSU CVM website today and it looks like updates (interview invites, interview waitlists, and decline letters) are coming out on December 22nd!!
Cool! Can you post the link?
I also found a page called "2024 Interview Day" which I would assume is for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's my husbands birthday, so that must be a good sign right?! lol

Cool! Can you post the link?
I also found a page called "2024 Interview Day" which I would assume is for this cycle?
1701709930950.png

I think so!! Also here's a screenshot!

Are there any others out there who have applied to OSU more than once? I'm trying to keep my sense of hope realistic and would love to hear from someone who also went through this before.

Are there any others out there who have applied to OSU more than once? I'm trying to keep my sense of hope realistic and would love to hear from someone who also went through this before.
This is my second time applying. They sent me a file review last year and said my GPA and volunteer hours need to be improved to be more competitive. Hopefully we both make it through this year!

• Care
This is my second time applying. They sent me a file review last year and said my GPA and volunteer hours need to be improved to be more competitive. Hopefully we both make it through this year!
I'll be rooting for you! My file review said to improve my GPA as well, which was totally understandable since it is low. Unfortunately, I have almost 150 credits so making any sort of significant improvement has been tough and that worries me greatly 😅

Do you guys mind posting your stats? I have a low GPA but very strong experiences.

I’m in a similar boat. This is my first time applying to OSU but second cycle. I’ve been told my gpa needs improvement but everything else on my app is great. I had a whole separate undergrad degree in business so it’s very difficult to bring my gpa up with all the courses I’ve taken. I also just don’t have the funds for a masters program without the guarantee of it getting me in.

• Care
I'll be rooting for you! My file review said to improve my GPA as well, which was totally understandable since it is low. Unfortunately, I have almost 150 credits so making any sort of significant improvement has been tough and that worries me greatly 😅
Yeah I'm still in the same boat with you at 144 credits LOL. Every new A I get is barely putting a ripple on my overall and science GPA haha

Reactions: 2 users
I’m in a similar boat. This is my first time applying to OSU but second cycle. I’ve been told my gpa needs improvement but everything else on my app is great. I had a whole separate undergrad degree in business so it’s very difficult to bring my gpa up with all the courses I’ve taken. I also just don’t have the funds for a masters program without the guarantee of it getting me in.
I feel that too. I bit the bullet and took a 5th year in undergrad which I'm almost done with because I don't have $30,000+ for a masters just to possibly boost my GPA and competitiveness. Is what it is I guess 🙃

Do you guys mind posting your stats? I have a low GPA but very strong experiences.
I'm in the opposite boat! First-time IS applicant. My GPA is a 3.99 (B in general physics 1 lab). I've gotten two out of seven rejections so far and I'm getting nervous. I have excellent quality experiences, but I believe the quantity is what is proving to be a disadvantage. I have the required hours and a wide diversity of experiences, but I believe the fact that I don't have like 5,000 hours is putting me at a disadvantage. Honestly, I think you have better chances than me with lots of experience! Good luck! Don't put yourself down. No news is good news so far.

Can anyone send the link to the supplemental application? The one I have isn't working :/

Does anyone know for the physiology requirement. I am taking a physiology and anatomy of farm animal next semester only 4 credits. It says 5-10 credits. So now I’m nervous.

As well as communication/public speaking, does anyone know if they take an animal science course from another school but the focus of the course was public speaking and resume write up and communicate with professionals

Does everyone get the supplemental application even if they don’t have the prereqs. I’m just seeing if my courses fit what they want.

Does anyone know for the physiology requirement. I am taking a physiology and anatomy of farm animal next semester only 4 credits. It says 5-10 credits. So now I’m nervous.

As well as communication/public speaking, does anyone know if they take an animal science course from another school but the focus of the course was public speaking and resume write up and communicate with professionals
Have you applied already?

Not sure about the physiology requirement, you can reach out to admissions though, they have been responsive in my experience.

I submitted a pre-req substitution form (pretty easy to find on their admissions page) for public speaking - they accepted my Medical Spanish course which focused a lot on speaking. They just need the syllabus to show that there is plenty of presentations etc. included.

I also feel that they likely send the supplemental to everyone regardless of pre-requisites - I'm not positive but I suspect that there would have been more discussion in this forum about the supplemental if people were not getting it based on pre-requisites?

Have you applied already?

Not sure about the physiology requirement, you can reach out to admissions though, they have been responsive in my experience.

I submitted a pre-req substitution form (pretty easy to find on their admissions page) for public speaking - they accepted my Medical Spanish course which focused a lot on speaking. They just need the syllabus to show that there is plenty of presentations etc. included.

I also feel that they likely send the supplemental to everyone regardless of pre-requisites - I'm not positive but I suspect that there would have been more discussion in this forum about the supplemental if people were not getting it based on pre-requisites?
Do you think it’s too late to fill out a form?? I emailed and sent over the course descriptions and told them if they need anything else to let me know??

Do you think it’s too late to fill out a form?? I emailed and sent over the course descriptions and told them if they need anything else to let me know??
It’s probably too late at this point being a few months past the application deadline. I would check individually with the school whether or not the physiology class you are looking at taking fits their description. I think it’s 5-10 credits bc they are hoping you take an anatomy class and then also a separate physiology class. Think the supplemental also went out to everyone not based on prerequisites.

My physio course was only 3 credit hours, 1 semester and it counted. They want physio that covers all systems.

There is pre-req checker on their website. You can put your school and the course code in and see if it has already been approved for the requirement.
Otherwise, e-mail them. They are quick to respond.

My physio course was only 3 credit hours, 1 semester and it counted. They want physio that covers all systems.

There is pre-req checker on their website. You can put your school and the course code in and see if it has already been approved for the requirement.
Otherwise, e-mail them. They are quick to respond.
Is it the form i have to submit and email or is there another one

What if i add communication to my spring semester. Would they accept if i email them. I wish my advisor didn’t lie

I’ve been emailing them constantly so i don’t want to come off annoying. I emailed the course description of my class as well as the syllabus for the class. Idk if i should email stating i can take a public speaking course in spring? I just would hate this to be the reason i don’t get in

3rd cycle applicant.
1st time IS for OSU (I finally completed the Anatomy & Physiology course required lol)!

Anyone who got accepted to Ohio state before can you share your stats

I felt confident until other schools denied me. I’m in the range for the competitive application they have on their website but now I’m feeling pretty defeated

Anyone who got accepted to Ohio state before can you share your stats

I felt confident until other schools denied me. I’m in the range for the competitive application they have on their website but now I’m feeling pretty defeated
My stats were about ~ 3.6 overall, 3.4 science, 3.6 last 45.

With Ohio, once you get an interview, it’s weighted like 90% or something crazy.

With Ohio, once you get an interview, it’s weighted like 90% or something crazy.

According to their website it’s like 60% which is still high for sure.

According to their website it’s like 60% which is still high for sure.
My bad! I was trying to get at the grades are only 10% of the final review not that just the interview was 90%, interview and other personal things that aren’t grades. :)

How much hours? I have a 3.7 gpa, science: 3.7