Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think tOSU does their white coat ceremony after 3rd year and before 4th year. I am unsure if this will change due to their new curriculum or how they are proceeding.
yes! Typically white coats are end of 3rd year, but most schools have lab coats going into first year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yes! Typically white coats are end of 3rd year, but most schools have lab coats going into first year.
Interesting. I did not think there was a ceremony for lab coats. I just thought some schools did white coat ceremonies early.

Nope, no lab coating ceremony, we will likely have ours in early spring of third year as that's when we'll be entering clinics :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They didn’t send me an email update until around April I think…and I had moved 4 spaces before the decision date. I emailed again for an update at the end of April (didn’t hear from them and I was curious) and I moved ~4 more spaces and then I emailed again in June and I moved 2 spaces and then the list didn’t budge. They sent me an official ‘denial’ near end of July/early August. Don’t hesitate to email them after the decision date if you don’t hear from them, they were fast about replying (I got same day replies). I wouldn’t email too much bc the IS state doesn’t move nearly as much as OOS.
So did they ever update you on your current placement on the list before the April 15th deadline or not until after? Sorry, I have anxiety lol

Any current tOSU students / people who live around Columbus and know the places to / to avoid living?? I got an OOS acceptance and am 99% sure I will be accepting my seat!

Iv been trying to see about this too but can’t find a group on here or FB

Generally speaking if you look for housing north of 70 and west of 71, you’re good in terms of location

Reactions: 1 users
Generally speaking if you look for housing north of 70 and west of 71, you’re good in terms of location
Can you recommend names of communities or towns? I'm looking at Upper Arlington, Marble Cliff, Governours square. Are these safe?

Could you maybe mention some communities that aren't safe?

Can you recommend names of communities or towns? I'm looking at Upper Arlington, Marble Cliff, Governours square. Are these safe?

I know a current 3rd year who lived at Governours Square and she said it wasn’t very nice and wouldn’t recommend it.

I know a current 3rd year who lived at Governours Square and she said it wasn’t very nice and wouldn’t recommend it.
Is that an actual apartment complex or just the area?

anyone know if there’s a facebook page yet?

Admissions typically sends a link to the facebook group once you accept your seat and pay your deposit!

I live at Upper Arlington (the city apartments) and my friends live in Marble Cliff. I would recommend these two places and these are very safe living areas

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else’s portal not updated yet? I know they said 2-3 business days, but a part of me is still waiting for them to email me and tell me my acceptance was a mistake 😂🥲

• Haha
Upper Arlington is great, avoid The Quarry (apartment complex). I have a number of friends in Fox & Hound, Governours Square, and Somerset Square - all are acceptable but yes, not anything amazingly nice. I like living in the Arlington Pointe complex, but it's mostly owned condos/townhouses, so a little hard to find things that crop up.

• Care
Anyone else’s portal not updated yet? I know they said 2-3 business days, but a part of me is still waiting for them to email me and tell me my acceptance was a mistake 😂🥲
lol same

I lived at Gov Square my first and second year and liked it. Very convenient to school IMO and well maintained. I only moved because I got a dog and wanted a yard.

I had a very different experience and liked living there for what it’s worth. Lots of vet students live there. It’s older but well maintained.

I lived at Gov Square my first and second year and liked it. Very convenient to school IMO and well maintained. I only moved because I got a dog and wanted a yard.
Any recommendations for a place with a yard?

Also I’m looking at “The Quarry” near cliff crossing?? Anyone have any info on that area?

LOL same here. it still doesn't feel real

Any recommendations for a place with a yard?

Also I’m looking at “The Quarry” near cliff crossing?? Anyone have any info on that area?
My roommate lived there last year, and she did NOT have a good experience - irresponsible pet owners, very poor maintenance and management, multiple flooding issues that were never addressed. Stay away!

Anyone else’s portal not updated yet? I know they said 2-3 business days, but a part of me is still waiting for them to email me and tell me my acceptance was a mistake 🥲

Check again! Mine was updated last night :)

If you’re looking near campus, I would avoid east of High St if you can, but DEFINITELY avoid east of Summit St. I’ve heard that Upper Arlington and Grandview are nice if you’re able to commute

Last edited:
  • Love
If you’re looking near campus, I would avoid east of High St if you can, but DEFINITELY avoid east of Summit St. I’ve heard that Upper Arlington and Grandview are nice if you’re able to commute
Oh also - there’s a parking lot right next to the CVM campus. But…parking SUCKS. They oversell parking passes and it’s basically first come first serve. There are 2 other parking lots within walking distance so it’s not a huge deal, but the pass is like $400 for the year. Car pooling and splitting the cost is probably the best move. You’ll need a C pass for the lot next to the CVM. Here’s the website for parking: CampusParc: We're Here So You Can Be There

Last edited:
  • Love
Oh also - there’s a parking lot right next to the CVM campus. But…parking SUCKS. They oversell parking passes and it’s basically first come first serve. There are 2 other parking lots within walking distance so it’s not a huge deal, but the pass is like $400 for the year. Car pooling and splitting the cost is probably the best move. You’ll need a C pass for the lot next to the CVM. Here’s the website for parking: CampusParc: We're Here So You Can Be There
Will the C pass cover the CVM lot and the adjacent lots that are walking distance or will we need a C pass in addition to the CVM parking pass?

Will the C pass cover the CVM lot and the adjacent lots that are walking distance or will we need a C pass in addition to the CVM parking pass?

Just the C pass! The whole tOSU campus (including CVM) shares the same parking system. There’s also the option to pay by the hour instead of buying a pass, but it’ll be cheaper to buy a pass since we’ll be spending a lot of time on campus

• Care
Just the C pass! The whole tOSU campus (including CVM) shares the same parking system. There’s also the option to pay by the hour instead of buying a pass, but it’ll be cheaper to buy a pass since we’ll be spending a lot of time on campus
Are there certain times or anything restricted by C pass? Or we can park in any lot all the time? Sorry there’s lots of questions. My school parking sucks too and we have about 10 different color passes for different lots and different times. And parking gives me anxiety

Are there certain times or anything restricted by C pass? Or we can park in any lot all the time? Sorry there’s lots of questions. My school parking sucks too and we have about 10 different color passes for different lots and different times. And parking gives me anxiety

“Peak hours” are 5am-4pm on weekdays. “Off-peak hours” are 4pm-3am on weekdays and all day on weekends. So with the C permit, you can park in those lots during peak and off-peak hours (just not 3am-5am). They have a new interactive map to check where you can park during certain times! CampusParc - SureParc™ If you’re parking on a Saturday, just check if there’s a football game that day because they restrict parking for that.

Most of my grad classes have been at the CVM so I’m happy to answer any questions that I can!

“Peak hours” are 5am-4pm on weekdays. “Off-peak hours” are 4pm-3am on weekdays and all day on weekends. So with the C permit, you can park in those lots during peak and off-peak hours (just not 3am-5am). They have a new interactive map to check where you can park during certain times! CampusParc - SureParc™ If you’re parking on a Saturday, just check if there’s a football game that day because they restrict parking for that.

Most of my grad classes have been at the CVM so I’m happy to answer any questions that I can!
Thank you so much!

I'm 99.9% sure I'll be attending tOSU (so excited!!!!) and I was wondering if anyone could shed some insight on how the incoming class is "sorted into their houses" (cue McGonagall's voice). Their website doesn't have any info on how it's done. Is it random? Based off a personality test? Or assigned based on your application? I really like House Vulpes 🦊

I just want to verify: No one has actually officially accepted their offer yet as we have to wait until we receive the email from Graduate and Professional admissions?

I just want to verify: No one has actually officially accepted their offer yet as we have to wait until we receive the email from Graduate and Professional admissions?
This is my understanding. My portal is not updated yet and I havent gotten the email

My daughter just accepted her offer and paid $25. She did get the email from graduate and professional admissions.

I received an email with instructions to accept, followed the link, clicked accept and paid the $25. Are there some people who did not receive a second email after the first acceptance announcement? This second email was sent to our buckeyemail, I easily accessed mine since I have one from undergrad at OSU, I’m not sure if you’d have to take extra steps if anyone does not already have a buckeyemail.

I received an email with instructions to accept, followed the link, clicked accept and paid the $25. Are there some people who did not receive a second email after the first acceptance announcement? This second email was sent to our buckeyemail, I easily accessed mine since I have one from undergrad at OSU, I’m not sure if you’d have to take extra steps if anyone does not already have a buckeyemail.
I just reread the initial acceptance email I received and it seems that if you don’t already have a buckeyemail then the order of emails would be 1.) Initial Acceptance 2.) Instructions to access buckeyemail 3.) Email detailing how to accept sent to buckeyemail - is that everyone else’s understanding? With me having a buckeyemail already I did not receive #2, but just instantly had access to my buckeyemail and got #3 and followed the instructions.

I just reread the initial acceptance email I received and it seems that if you don’t already have a buckeyemail then the order of emails would be 1.) Initial Acceptance 2.) Instructions to access buckeyemail 3.) Email detailing how to accept sent to buckeyemail - is that everyone else’s understanding? With me having a buckeyemail already I did not receive #2, but just instantly had access to my buckeyemail and got #3 and followed the instructions.
I’ve only gotten my buckeyemail info, no other email to my normal email or the OSU email

I’m so confused about what you all mean by email. My accept/decline option is my buckeye link applicant portal? I got an email from graduate admissions that started “accept your offer now” and it directed me to the Buckeyelink portal. I do not have an OSU email/buckeye email. Am I misunderstanding?

I’m so confused about what you all mean by email. My accept/decline option is my buckeye link applicant portal? I got an email from graduate admissions that started “accept your offer now” and it directed me to the Buckeyelink portal. I do not have an OSU email/buckeye email. Am I misunderstanding?
You’ll get an email about OSU creating you an email and it will be there. I got mine this afternoon around 1 pm

You’ll get an email about OSU creating you an email and it will be there. I got mine this afternoon around 1 pm
I’ve been accepted for 2 weeks and have not received an email to create an email. But my directions to accept my seat have arrived from the grad/professional school email, and it takes me to a screen with instructions. No email though.

Okay, so in my mail it says that the emails were also sent to “my” osu.edu email that I never made, but it is lastname#@osu.edu (I’m assuming assigned by university) and I tried to sign in to that email and it says I can’t sign in. Are you able to sign in to outlook with the osu email? I went to buckeye link and even clicked on the mail tab and it takes me to a sign in page, and when I use the email and password I created for buckeye link it says the email isn’t created yet. Which is strange because the emails I got from the professional school have my current school email address and the lastname#@osu.edu address.

I have access to my buckeye link through my undergrad email. I got an email from professional admissions with instructions to accept/decline and it signs me into the buckeye link status. Formerly, it said pending. Now it says accept/decline. Is that all I need to do? Or should I be worried I can’t sign into my buckeye email?

Last edited:
Housing tips from a three time Buckeye: As previously stated, west of 71 and north of 70 will sort out most of the rougher Columbus neighborhoods inside 270. I always recommend living pretty close to campus your first year, especially if you‘re new to the area, and then considering moving further out to take advantage of lower rents and bigger properties. If you‘re comfortable with roommates, this will definitely allow you to afford bigger apartments or houses with fenced yards. All rental communities around campus have crappy reviews- people with positive experiences tend not to leave reviews and many properties change hands every few years so the quality of management is always up and down. If you want to know about a place, it’s best to ask current residents first.

If you’re not afraid of a commute, there are many nice communities off of 270 in nearly every direction that have reasonable rental properties as well… and which are far outside the OSU bubble. Most are 20-25 minute commutes. I personally lived in Westerville through vet school and still live there now because I enjoy the community.

Okay, so in my mail it says that the emails were also sent to “my” osu.edu email that I never made, but it is lastname#@osu.edu (I’m assuming assigned by university) and I tried to sign in to that email and it says I can’t sign in. Are you able to sign in to outlook with the osu email? I went to buckeye link and even clicked on the mail tab and it takes me to a sign in page, and when I use the email and password I created for buckeye link it says the email isn’t created yet. Which is strange because the emails I got from the professional school have my current school email address and the lastname#@osu.edu address.

I have access to my buckeye link through my undergrad email. I got an email from professional admissions with instructions to accept/decline and it signs me into the buckeye link status. Formerly, it said pending. Now it says accept/decline. Is that all I need to do? Or should I be worried I can’t sign into my buckeye email?
Try following this link Sign in to Outlook for email (link is external) and sign in using lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu with the same password you use for buckeyelink

You have to use the @buckeyemail.osu.edu address for whatever reason

• Care