Oh No.. Car Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Currently have a 2008 M3, paid off. I dont think i will ever buy a new car again. Although i have been looking at a GT500. Im getting older. Everyday i think like a child, but then reality hits me. i need to retire in 5 years :)

Members don't see this ad.

Currently have a 2008 M3, paid off. I dont think i will ever buy a new car again. Although i have been looking at a GT500. Im getting older. Everyday i think like a child, but then reality hits me. i need to retire in 5 years :)

Luckily, I only bought an Accord Coupe, not an M3 lol... 0 repair so far. Will last me til 2028 :-x

Members don't see this ad :)
AA supercharger on its way :love::love:

I have 0.7 miles of unpaved packed gravel road. I.cant keep my cars clean.... It sucks. I may end up driving a truck rest of my life...

I have 0.7 miles of unpaved packed gravel road. I.cant keep my cars clean.... It sucks. I may end up driving a truck rest of my life...

nothing wrong with driving a truck!

California can't afford to pave roads with all of their tax income??

Roads are typically built by the.city, county, or developers. I live outside the.city limits in undeveloped area. It is county......they may pave it.

Members don't see this ad :)
wheels.jpg

Who cares is my ride quality is crap now.
I love them.

Don't be such a puss! I lived off of 2 miles of decomposed granite 9000 feet up in the mountains in Colorado and i rode a motorcycle.

Don't be such a puss! I lived off of 2 miles of decomposed granite 9000 feet up in the mountains in Colorado and i rode a motorcycle.

Hey....im actually going to use decomposed granite to do driveway...patio...and landscape.

California can't afford to pave roads with all of their tax income??

California doesn't have the money to do anything. They spend into oblivion while asking everyone to pony up for their monetary mistakes. That's why people are leaving in droves.

I notice the same thing girls with no kids in their 30s buying SUV.. WTF... thinking 10 years ahead? A "just in case I have a child later" situation? or I gotta feel "protected" >_>; idk, enlighten me...

I have female friends in their 20s who only like driving SUVs because they feel protected in them. I'm the exact opposite. My car had to be as low as possible and hug the ground.

I have decided that this will be my car for the next 2 years.
g37side.jpg

323a0d716f.jpg

I really wanted the BMW 335, but having to wait 2 months for it to be built and shipped to the US from Germany with my time constraints killed that idea. (I was in a car accident about a month ago, other drivers insurance company says I only have about a few days before they'll stop covering the rental.)

Last edited:
Then pay rental yourself... economy car is like 250 bucks/month. The car you listed above lose about 500 bucks/month in value for the first 3 years anyway so you save a bit and get bmw later

I dunno where you live, but rental rates around here are $30/day at the cheapest.

SD. I get 8-11/day using coupons and negotiation with major companies (hertz and enterprise). They are willing to work with u if u rent longer.

Daily rate is the most expensive.
Rural is the best rate. Airport rental is a no no.

Hey Sparda. You like black hey? I just got one of these:
dsc048122.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Sparda. You like black hey? I just got one of these:

A4 or S4? I was looking at the A4/S4/A5/S5 but the leasing on Audis is terrible right now. The A4 and A5 are too underpowered for me and the S5 and S5 are too overpriced for me.

If I have it correct, the Infiniti G37, Audi S4, BMW 335 are pretty much direct competitors, but for some reason, Audi costs the most to lease, even more than BMW.

A4 or S4? I was looking at the A4/S4/A5/S5 but the leasing on Audis is terrible right now. The A4 and A5 are too underpowered for me and the S5 and S5 are too overpriced for me.

If I have it correct, the Infiniti G37, Audi S4, BMW 335 are pretty much direct competitors, but for some reason, Audi costs the most to lease, even more than BMW.
Actually it's an A6. I know, I know, all Audis look the same. Same sausage, different lengths... :p

Also it's the 2.0T... and front wheel drive... and CVT... :eek: but that's because I'm looking for a cruiser. I'm already over the boy racer thing. I test drove the 3.0T which I guess is the same engine as the S4, and it was insane. Way too much power for me, and would get you in lots of trouble with the popo... And yeah, at least $6k more expensive.

Personally, I don't like leasing. I guess the residuals on Audis are lower so you have to pay more per month in depreciation.

Actually it's an A6. I know, I know, all Audis look the same. Same sausage, different lengths... :p

Also it's the 2.0T... and front wheel drive... and CVT... :eek: but that's because I'm looking for a cruiser. I'm already over the boy racer thing. I test drove the 3.0T which I guess is the same engine as the S4, and it was insane. Way too much power for me, and would get you in lots of trouble with the popo... And yeah, at least $6k more expensive.

Personally, I don't like leasing. I guess the residuals on Audis are lower so you have to pay more per month in depreciation.

The 2.0T I'll accept. But come on, you gotta go either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive, and always manual transmission unless the car just doesn't come in manual.

I had to post a pic of my baby since everyone else is....even though you boys don't care about my mom mobile.

car_zps815dc1e4.jpg

Last edited:
The 2.0T I'll accept. But come on, you gotta go either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive, and always manual transmission unless the car just doesn't come in manual.
My previous car was RWD but didn't have enough power nor did I have the driving style to take advantage of it. As long as the car doesn't feel too nose heavy in the turns, or peel out when you get just a little bit enthusiastic, that's fine for me. I'm in FL so I don't need quattro. And the 25/33 gas mileage of the FWD CVT was too good to give up. My first car was a manual and it was fun on a mountain road, heel and toeing and double clutching, but in FL all the roads are straight and flat :(

So now I just want to be cruising down Miami Beach in comfort and style. :cool: The A6 interior is amazing!:
dsc04819a.jpg

Last edited:
Florida is lax. and makes a huge difference. I dont melt

I don't think yalls temperature get that high. Humid yes. High temperature in scorching heat no.

You know that house was in Oregon, right?

However, we do have our fair share of meth. Gotta stay skinny somehow!!

So kidding.

Are you bleeding through the nose? Check the video at the bottom... haha

Are you bleeding through the nose? Check the video at the bottom... haha

Lol awesome. We have lots of meth....gotta have something to do while raising my medicaid babies!

Again, kidding.

Sweet!! I need tips on how to keep black paint looking slick!

Simple...

1. Wash every 2 weeks minimum
  2. Clay + Wax/sealant every 3 months
  3. Keep the **** away from sun (use a garage/car cover)
  4. Park far away from the crowd (****ing car dings)
Most humans will fail at these, including me lol. I fail at #2 & 4... I don't want to walk too far away from entrance, now I have tons of car dings >_>;

Anyone have any experience with paintless dent repair? I've had a door ding on my passenger side front fender for a year or two now... not bad enough to necessitate a repair, but it annoys me. Would be nice to get it taken care of if the cost isn't prohibitive.

Simple...

1. Wash every 2 weeks minimum
  2. Clay + Wax/sealant every 3 months
  3. Keep the **** away from sun (use a garage/car cover)
  4. Park far away from the crowd (****ing car dings)
Most humans will fail at these, including me lol. I fail at #2 & 4... I don't want to walk too far away from entrance, now I have tons of car dings >_>;

I can do everything but #4, since I'm in NYC. The one thing that launches me into a rage is when I see someone hanging out by my car and leaning on my car. One time I saw someone leaning on my car, so I got into my car without saying anything to them or them noticing me getting into the car. Turned on the engine fast, and pulled out fast, the guy lost balance and fell onto the road, lmao.

Anyone have any experience with paintless dent repair? I've had a door ding on my passenger side front fender for a year or two now... not bad enough to necessitate a repair, but it annoys me. Would be nice to get it taken care of if the cost isn't prohibitive.

Just wait a year or two, you will have 4 new dings, that one won't look so bad anymore