**Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there is an official facebook page for accepted students? I'm trying to find a roommate.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is an official facebook page for accepted students? I'm trying to find a roommate.
So far I don’t know of an official school sanctioned Facebook page, but most of us are in an unofficial one. Just search VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2022 on Facebook and ask to join.

I wonder when they will start accepting people from the alternate list.:shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most likely you won't hear back till around early April if at all. That's when AADSAS lets schools know if students have made at a deposit at more than one school and students are pushed to commit to one school. This might leave seats open if students choose another school over VCU.

Has anybody sent in immunization reports yet? When I follow the link it says this page is not available for me yet. I have completed the background check and put down my deposit.

Has anybody sent in immunization reports yet? When I follow the link it says this page is not available for me yet. I have completed the background check and put down my deposit.
There are links in the sidebar to the forms, you download them, fill them out, and scan and email them back. I found out too that the TB test has to be done AFTER 3/30 to be valid for the whole year, so don’t get one yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
so who's currently on the alternate list ? Please comment below

Just found this thread. On the alternate list as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve narrowed it down to Maryland or VCU, have to make the decision today..LOL
Oh wow! They’re both amazing schools so you’ll be fine either way

Oh wow! They’re both amazing schools so you’ll be fine either way
Yes thanks. That is why this decsion is so hard. I turned down 2 schools already. Like both of them but think I’m leaning towards Md.

Also on the alternate list. In-state, really hoping to get in (VCU's my top choice)

Also on the list (In-state). Does wait list selection depend on residency status of person giving up the seat? If OOS drops, then OOS student on the list will fill that spot?

Also on the list (In-state). Does wait list selection depend on residency status of person giving up the seat? If OOS drops, then OOS student on the list will fill that spot?
I think if in state drops they fill with in state since they give in state priority before waitlist. I’m also on the waitlist in state.

I am In-state and also on the alternative candidate list.

Yes, they have an instate alternate list and an out of state list. To keep the ratio even, if an OOS drops, they’ll fill that seat with an OOS and vice versa with in state.

What have some of you guys done in the meantime in case you need to reapply. I was thinking of adding more volunteering hours and dental assisting work on my application for this coming cycle. I was contemplating retaking my dat but I got a 21 and don't want to risk scoring lower idk.

Yes, they have an instate alternate list and an out of state list. To keep the ratio even, if an OOS drops, they’ll fill that seat with an OOS and vice versa with in state.
I see. Thank you. Hopefully there will be enough seats for us!!

Instead of being accepted to the full-on dental school, I've been accepted to the VCU SAEP (Pipeline program) that takes place for 6 weeks this summer. Does anyone know if that will increase my chances of being accepted when I apply again?

Instead of being accepted to the full-on dental school, I've been accepted to the VCU SAEP (Pipeline program) that takes place for 6 weeks this summer. Does anyone know if that will increase my chances of being accepted when I apply again?
I'm not sure if it will increase your chances, but I think it will definitely make you stand out since the program is offered by VCU dental school. Also, CERT is another program that many students take for their gap year. By the way, were you on the waitlist?

Anybody know if vcu only sends out acceptances on friday for ppl off the waitlist? or could we expect to hear back any day of the week.

Anyone think that the waitlist is going to make anymore movement? Or do you think that’s the end of the cycle for all the alternate candidates list

Anyone think that the waitlist is going to make anymore movement? Or do you think that’s the end of the cycle for all the alternate candidates list
There is always hope and movement.
Anyone you ask will always tell you there was that one person accepted a couple days before orientation. I’ve seen it in my own family, deposits made, ready to move to another state, and then you hear back from your top choice.

However, there are also cases where they never hear back from the waitlist.

We did everything on our end, we just have to be mentally prepared for the next step, and have a plan B. But just know it’s not over yet.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
But pretty much don't get your hopes up either. Prepare for the worst case.

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting, still miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.