***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Does anyone know if you get confirmation when your deposit is received?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how much of the 2021 class has been filled?
Just received an interview for Jan 30 so I bet it's not completely full.

Anyone know if it is possible to get in state tuition after D1 or D2?

Difficult in PA. I'd say next to impossible.

the difference between in state and out of state at Pitt is a lot smaller than at other schools because Pitt isn't truly a state-school, it's "state-related"

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats! If you don't mind, could you tell me your app complete date and stats. Thanks a lot!

Just received interview invitation for 1/30, which I tried to reschedule due to other interview conflict but this is only date available.....super bummed... D:

Just received interview invitation for 1/30, which I tried to reschedule due to other interview conflict but this is only date available.....super bummed... D:

I just got an email saying, "Thank you for applying to the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. We are currently in the process of scheduling additional interview days for this semester. If you are still interested in the University of Pittsburgh please feel free to be in touch. You are also welcome to let us know if you have any updates since you submitted your application."

I called THINKING this was an interview invite haha but it's not. :p

Last edited:
I just got an email saying, "Thank you for applying to the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. We are currently in the process of scheduling additional interview days for this semester. If you are still interested in the University of Pittsburgh please feel free to be in touch. You are also welcome to let us know if you have any updates since you submitted your application."

I called THINKING this was an interview invite haha but it's only an invite if they have another day.

THERE'S HOPE! Thank you :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite this morning for 1/30!! After getting the email asking if i was still interested yesterday

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an acceptance email! so exciting :)

I just did too!! Did you hear about a scholarship??
Congrats!! Unfortunately I've been so busy I haven't finished the application, I just interviewed last week.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Unfortunately I've been so busy I haven't finished the application, I just interviewed last week.
I think we interviewed together! Congrats as well!

I called THINKING this was an interview invite haha but it's not. :p

Did everyone who didn't get an interview invite receive this? Because I didn't :\ It sounds like they're interested in you though.

Did everyone who didn't get an interview invite receive this? Because I didn't :\ It sounds like they're interested in you though.

I didn't receive this either, but I also have not received a rejection email.
I know someone else who received a rejection email and who did not receive this "we are currently in the process of schedule additional interview days" email.

It's confusing. Let's keep each other updated.

I didn't receive this either, but I also have not received a rejection email.
I know someone else who received a rejection email and who did not receive this "we are currently in the process of schedule additional interview days" email.

It's confusing. Let's keep each other updated.
Yeah I didn't receive it or have an interview yet

Soooo...who all is interviewing on the Jan. 30th? :hello:

Yay! Are you staying long enough to explore the area? I wish I could but I can't lol. I'm taking a flight soon after the interview

I will pretty much just have Sunday evening and then I fly back a couple hours after my interview as well. I haven't been able to explore much at any of my interviews yet! :/

received an interview invite this afternoon for 1/30. Any tips for those who already got accepted? I'm not sure if I will be accepting this invite just because it's so far from where I am...

I think we interviewed together! Congrats as well!
Wait, you and MaryL both interviewed the week before getting accepted? Do you mind sharing your stats? (cuz that's unbelievably fast - I interviewed before you, and haven't heard anything yet :()

Wait, you and inna94 both interviewed the week before getting accepted? Do you mind sharing your stats? (cuz that's unbelievably fast - I interviewed before you, and haven't heard anything yet :()

Wait, you and inna94 both interviewed the week before getting accepted? Do you mind sharing your stats? (cuz that's unbelievably fast - I interviewed before you, and haven't heard anything yet :()

Ah I'm sorry to hear that :( My stats are: GPA: 3.73 cDAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC) 25/29/23/21
I hope you hear back soon!

I got offered an interview spot today for Jan 30. I'm assuming someone didn't accept to interview or dropped. I'm not accepting the slot so I'm hoping it goes to someone else tomorrow who has been waiting for it! Good luck people! :)

I initially accepted an interview for Jan 30, but after talking with my family, I decided to withdraw last Friday

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/9 heard back yet? I know they told us they would notify us either way by the end of the month...

I actually talked to admissions yesterday and they said that they were a little behind. We can be expecting to hear within the next two weeks .

Ah I'm sorry to hear that :( My stats are: GPA: 3.73 cDAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC) 25/29/23/21
I hope you hear back soon!
Your stats are very impressive! Have you decided whether to commit to Pitt or not?

I interviewed today and Molly gave out some odd info. Unless I misheard, she said that today was the last interview date but that the class was only a quarter or so full. That doesn't make sense for obvious reasons though unless they have a massive waitlist to pull off of. There was only 21 people at the interview!

I interviewed today and Molly gave out some odd info. Unless I misheard, she said that today was the last interview date but that the class was only a quarter or so full. That doesn't make sense for obvious reasons though unless they have a massive waitlist to pull off of. There was only 21 people at the interview!

Maybe she meant that there are only a quarter or so of people who have sent both deposits in... for example, the second one isn't due until March for me and I was accepted Dec 1. But I'm not sure. You could always email or call them though to get clarification!

I'm pretty sure Dr. Bilodeau said that only a quarter of seats were still available after one of the other prospective students inquired about it. More than like it's a quarter of the seats that are left to fill and not the other way around. The question I have though is how many other interview groups are still being considered lol. It'd be great if the remaining seats went to the last group (the one I was in) but I don't think that will be the case :laugh:

I'm pretty sure Dr. Bilodeau said that only a quarter of seats were still available after one of the other prospective students inquired about it. More than like it's a quarter of the seats that are left to fill and not the other way around. The question I have though is how many other interview groups are still being considered lol. It'd be great if the remaining seats went to the last group (the one I was in) but I don't think that will be the case :laugh:
Right! Thats what I thought too. Did they interview in december or earlier january?

Right! Thats what I thought too. Did they interview in december or earlier january?

I skimmed over previous threads and couldn't find any other Jan dates besides what could've been the last interview. However I did see evidence that they accept other students that interviewed pre-December after the first week of Feb...I just want good news for me! LOL

Thanks for clearing this up! :)

I sent them 2 emails already inquiring about when our decision will be, the anticipation is killing me!

Out of curiosity, in salk hall is the entry level floor 4? So there are three floors underground?