***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Is Pitt still giving out interviews?

This past Monday, we were told at the interview that we were the last group...which is weird since some people received an email last month that more interview dates were being scheduled. They may have meant up until the last Monday of January though.

Members don't see this ad.

This past Monday, we were told at the interview that we were the last group...which is weird since some people received an email last month that more interview dates were being scheduled. They may have meant up until the last Monday of January though.

Last month ofJanuary makes more sense lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has the school given any information about scholarships yet?

Congrats everyone on the acceptance! Know it's early, but since I've started seeing activity/inquiries about housing, I thought I'd throw my offer into the mix. I'm a 2nd year at Pitt Med and am looking to sublet a room in a 2 bdrm 1 bth apt for the upcoming school year. The lease starts in may, which will be especially timely for those of you interested in the Prologue to Medicine Program (having gone through it, I think it's something to at least worth considering if you need to brush up on some basic science concepts or want an excuse to explore Pittsburgh before school starts.) Figuring out where to live in a new city can be tough, but I can offer a med student-vetted living arrangement that I have loved living in for the past two years (so much so that I wanna stay here!) Msg me if you've essentially committed on Pitt and are interested in getting more details about the place. I am pretty confident that outside of living in a 6 bdrm junky Oakland undergrad house it will be the cheapest rate you'll see.

Edit: the room's been taken. all the best in the upcoming months and for those who've committed to Pitt, welcome!

Last edited:
Based on dates from previous years, my prediction is Wednesday the 15th for news.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm assuming we'll be notified sometime between now and march 1st, hopefully sooner than later :(

My BU deposit is due in 5 days...come on Pitt:help:

Yikes! You should try emailing them to mention that and say that Upitt is where you wanna go. They may expedite an acceptance should they plan to extend one to you

Has anyone contacted SDM admissions recently about their status? Not sure if they're giving out concrete dates for responses or if it's still just 'rolling'

Accepted! Got a call today from Molly, interviewed 1/30. Can't wait to be a part of the Pitt family in the fall :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Goodluck to those that are still waiting

I interviewed 1/30

Reactions: 1 users
Yikes! You should try emailing them to mention that and say that Upitt is where you wanna go. They may expedite an acceptance should they plan to extend one to you
Per your advice I emailed them last week and I think that definitely helped! Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
my heart starts racing every time I get a phone call

Congrats to those who got accepted!! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Congrats to those who got accepted!! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
3.6 and 22AA. Luckily stats aren't everything; I have 0 research...:shrug: Who knows how this process works.

Last edited:
Can a current student talk about the anesthesiology certification? How useful is it? What kind of procedures can you do with it?

Nope, nothing yet. Still waiting for that phone call, glad to hear I'm not the only one haha; any idea of a time frame? Did you interview 1/9 or 1/31?
I interviewed 1/31. They said they switched to rolling admissions two weeks ago... :(

I interviewed 1/31. They said they switched to rolling admissions two weeks ago... :(
hmm yea I interviewed 1/9 and got the same response about 2 weeks ago about rolling admissions, hoping for a response before march 1st :(

Declined my acceptance...:( wish there were 2 of me. Good luck everyone!