Official University of Illinois at Chicago Interview/Acceptance/Denial Thread Class of 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone who submitted their supplemental application/background check get any sort of confirmation that it was received by anyone at UIC?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! For you OOS that were accepted, would you mind PMing me? Would love to know your stats and activities, etc. because I will be applying here next cycle and it would definitely be my top choice!! Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! For you OOS that were accepted, would you mind PMing me? Would love to know your stats and activities, etc. because I will be applying here next cycle and it would definitely be my top choice!! Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I may be wrong, but only like 2/70 first year students are OOS. UIC has a strong preference for IS applicants, just an fyi

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate status today! interviewed March 5th and am OOS

Denial email received today, 04/04/2018 at 11:55 am

Any idea when/if waitlist will move at all?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Lol same!!! Everyone seems genuinely happy there and all the tech is amazing! Haha better stop promoting Midwestern on the UIC page :laugh:

Yes please stop because we’re all insanely jealous

Any idea when/if waitlist will move at all?

Soon because AADSAS reports multiple spots on April 5th. I think that applicants have to decide pretty quickly after that so you should hopefully hear back in a couple weeks. Good luck ☘️

Members don't see this ad :)
Soon because AADSAS reports multiple spots on April 5th. I think that applicants have to decide pretty quickly after that so you should hopefully hear back in a couple weeks. Good luck
Don't they report April 1st? And if you hold a spot at another school does that affect chances of getting off of waitlist ?

Don't they report April 1st? And if you hold a spot at another school does that affect chances of getting off of waitlist ?

They can only see accepted offers. I don’t think they can see if people are waitlisted. schools report those who paid deposits to AADSAS. That being said, I don’t think your other offer affects your waitlist status

They can only see accepted offers. I don’t think they can see if people are waitlisted. schools report those who paid deposits to AADSAS. That being said, I don’t think your other offer affects your waitlist status
I just meant if a school sees you have accepted another offer, are they less likely to extend you a spot from their wait list.

Yes and what I’m saying is that the only schools that will see that you accepted an offer would be another school that you also accepted an offer from. Since you only accepted 1 offer, no other programs will be notified of your status. Answer to your question is no

Yes and what I’m saying is that the only schools that will see that you accepted an offer would be another school that you also accepted an offer from. Since you only accepted 1 offer, no other programs will be notified of your status. Answer to your question is no
Sorry, just for clarification, does that mean that if I'm holding only 1 spot at a program, then I won't appear on this AADSAS report?

okay, just in case anyone is interested I found this on AADSAS site:
"Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Starting April 1, dental schools report to ADEA AADSAS the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position in a dental school entering class, or both. After April 5, ADEA AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice."

Reactions: 3 users
I just meant if a school sees you have accepted another offer, are they less likely to extend you a spot from their wait list.

Yeah your waitlisted spot won’t get reported because you haven’t paid a deposit. That being said if you are waitlisted at your top school, you can try letting them know you have an acceptance at Y but you really want to attend X dental school. One of current students at UIC did this when he was waitlisted and he got in there. I would say it’s worth a shot to let them know how interested you are. Worst that would happen is you stay on the waitlist :p

I was accepted here! Would be glad to chat but kinda suck at SDN lol

I may be wrong, but only like 2/70 first year students are OOS. UIC has a strong preference for IS applicants, just an fyi
According to my ADEA book more out of state acceptances were made last year than in state. My interview group was 90% OOS. That's part of why I applied there. They are a private school so it doesn't matter where their funds come from really.

Yeah your waitlisted spot won’t get reported because you haven’t paid a deposit. That being said if you are waitlisted at your top school, you can try letting them know you have an acceptance at Y but you really want to attend X dental school. One of current students at UIC did this when he was waitlisted and he got in there. I would say it’s worth a shot to let them know how interested you are. Worst that would happen is you stay on the waitlist :p
I did this for my top school. Still on the waitlist but I had the same logic so I'm hoping it works!

I would think no. If your a good applicant and they like you why would they hesitate asking you to come spend your money there instead of another school just because you were accepted somewhere else. An acceptance doesn't mean it's your top choice. Im currently waitlisted at my top choice and would go there in a heartbeat if accepted. Maybe 5 or 6 accpetances may change this idk? Just my thoughts.

According to my ADEA book more out of state acceptances were made last year than in state. My interview group was 90% OOS. That's part of why I applied there. They are a private school so it doesn't matter where their funds come from really.

UIC is not a private school...wrong thread maybe?

Any movement on the waitlist? I haven't heard anything and was wondering if I should send a letter of intent? Who would I send it to?

Any movement on the waitlist? I haven't heard anything and was wondering if I should send a letter of intent? Who would I send it to?
Called a few days ago and was told incoming class has about 75 and 75 more on waitlist. Hopefully some movement after this week with multiple acceptance folks having to choose, but waitlist can move all the way through late August when classes start.

I was just accepted yesterday off the wait list and will be accepting the seat!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone,
I just withdrew from the class due to an offer closer to home and more economical. UIC and the staff and faculty have been super great. I had a lot of fun interviewing here, and met some nice people. One seat should be opening up next week. I wish you all the best of luck :)

To anyone who was accepted off the waitlist: What did you do to get accepted off the waitlist?
Thanks!

Hey everyone,
I just withdrew from the class due to an offer closer to home and more economical. UIC and the staff and faculty have been super great. I had a lot of fun interviewing here, and met some nice people. One seat should be opening up next week. I wish you all the best of luck :)
I wonder if they've filled this spot yet...

Hey everyone,
Out of state or in state?

The class is full right now spoke with them few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.