Official University of Illinois at Chicago Interview/Acceptance/Denial Thread Class of 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an interview invite today for March 5th! OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mind sharing your stats?
DAT AA 21 PAT 19. My overall GPA is on the lower side but for the core pre-dental science courses it's a 3.44.

Reactions: 1 user
Was just put on the waitlist. Any clue if the class is full/how much movement there should be? Thanks

Was just put on the waitlist. Any clue if the class is full/how much movement there should be? Thanks

I'm pretty sure it moves. I know someone who was accepted 4 months after he interviewed. What date did you interview?

At my interview on Feb 13 they said that the class is 80% full. Braulia also said that in April there is usually a lot of movement because the schools find out who has multiple seats and then those students are forced to make a decision. Idt they pull from the waitlist chronologically though so it shouldn’t matter when you interviewed. I think they just review it and extend offers to their favorites

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha didn't know that tbh. I expected all pre December interviews to have some word by now. Alas such is the game of admissions

Haha didn't know that tbh. I expected all pre December interviews to have some word by now. Alas such is the game of admissions

It’s less of a game and more of a **** show

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know how many rounds of acceptances have been sent out thus far?

anyone know how many rounds of acceptances have been sent out thus far?
Have no idea about the number but they did say more decisions would be made and sent out at the beginning of March. Maybe they’ll increase the class size again and accept all of us :D

Have no idea about the number but they did say more decisions would be made and sent out at the beginning of March. Maybe they’ll increase the class size again and accept all of us :D
thanks for the info! Maybe they will increase the class size since the number of applicants increased by 200 vs last year?? We will see lol

I interviewed in october and got waitlisted yesterday at 3pm. I’m OOS.

I also interviewed Feb 13 and haven’t heard anything. Did they send you an email or snail mail to tell you that you were waitlisted. Did your AADSAS status change?

They sent an email and yes status changed.

They sent an email and yes status changed.
Ugggghhhh still nothing. Do you think they are gonna waitlist everyone they liked? I thought they mentioned that the class was only 80% full but seems like lots of people are waitlisted recently. That seems kinda messed up if they are interviewing people for just waitlist spots.

Does anyone know when the last interview date is?
I could be wrong, but I think it is March 5th for mostly OOS applicants. I remember Carolyn telling me that they interview IS applicants until February. I would call admissions to be sure though.

Ugggghhhh still nothing. Do you think they are gonna waitlist everyone they liked? I thought they mentioned that the class was only 80% full but seems like lots of people are waitlisted recently. That seems kinda messed up if they are interviewing people for just waitlist spots.[/ they give people 30 days to accept an offer, so offers are often extended prob like very 40-50 days or so. They usually regroup and reevaluate the wait list after people say yes or no to their offers

They give people 30 days to make a decision and send offers prob like every 40 days

Ugggghhhh still nothing. Do you think they are gonna waitlist everyone they liked? I thought they mentioned that the class was only 80% full but seems like lots of people are waitlisted recently. That seems kinda messed up if they are interviewing people for just waitlist spots.
I think to get a spot straight up for February/March interviews especially a school like UIC, you have to stand out incredibly. Wait list means they think you can be in the class but just don’t have space because it’s so late and they can only give out so many offers on certain days. If this makes you feel any better last cycle a friend of mine told me that when she got there for spring interview they told everyone in the morning that they were interviewing for wait list spots. My friend got accepted the next day so nothing is over till it’s over.

I think to get a spot straight up for February/March interviews especially a school like UIC, you have to stand out incredibly. Wait list means they think you can be in the class but just don’t have space because it’s so late and they can only give out so many offers on certain days. If this makes you feel any better last cycle a friend of mine told me that when she got there for spring interview they told everyone in the morning that they were interviewing for wait list spots. My friend got accepted the next day so nothing is over till it’s over.
When did she interview exactly? In Feb. or March?

So is it better to be waitlisted or not hear anything at all? I mean if you're not waitlisted you could get the call or be one they don't want... or do they reject those they don't want right away?

I understand that later in the cycle is more competitive but I wish they were upfront with interviewees like they were with your friend. They told us that there was still room in the class for both IS and OOS but seems like people are only being waitlisted lately... I wish the adcoms would just review the batches they have each month, make decisions, and move on. But it is what it is lol I'll just keep waiting with my toes crossed :p

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I’m confused because my status in adsas changed to invited for interview but I never received an email for an interview. I tried calling but couldn’t get a hold of anyone. Did this happen to anyone else?
I'm really not sure because I checked my email more frequently than AADSAS. Maybe wait a day and then if you still haven't heard you could try emailing the Directors of Admissions: Caroline or Braulia

Hey is the Newsletter link not working (specifically the link directs me to the incorrect website). I wonder if anyone else experiencing the same thing?

The link: dentistry. uic.edu/dmd-class-resources
The link it shows: dentistry. uic.edu/

The newsletter link should have:
  • UIC Newsletter
  • UIC Checklist
  • Immunization Forms
  • Immunization Faqs
Instead it shows UIC COD home page. Lemme know

Last edited:
Anyone get in since being waitlisted?

Was anyone accepted from January February interviews?

Haven't heard anything too. Interviewed 1/17.

alternate status still interview in January

Status
Not open for further replies.