Southern Illinois University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: Southern Illinois University Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? I saw on last year's thread that the first interview round was sent out on September 15th and now we're well past that

Interview #2
School: SIU
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7
Application complete date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall): 4.0,4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/25/20, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Several dates available
Method of interview: Both - Zoom interview; In-person campus visit

Interview #1
School: SIU
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/18
GPA : 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/20, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Several dates available
Method of interview: Both - Zoom interview; In-person campus visit

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone had their in person so far and if so how was it

Anyone else not hear anything from SIU since completing the app

Should we assume business formal attire for the in-person component of the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone complete the "writing activity" online that is required before the interview? How was it??

I submitted my AADSAS appin early August, and status is "None" and I haven't received a single email since then, not even an email that says they received the app. Is this normal, or am I just silently rejected lol...(I'm OOS).

The class of 2024 had only 8 OOS students for SIU's class, not a lot of seats so it could explain the radio silence. They also only accepted 16 out of the 24 students they interviewed from 280 OOS applicants. So it's a smaller class and tougher to get in.

anyone else's status on AADSAS for SIU change to check back December 15th?

anyone else's status on AADSAS for SIU change to check back December 15th?
Nope. From previous years' threads if your status is changed after your interview you are likely to be accepted. May I ask when did you interview?

My status on AASDAS changed to "Check back December 15th" sometime earlier today

AADSAS status changed to Offer Made around 11:30 last night and received email at 12:17 this morning!

Hi! congrats to those who were accepted! I was wondering if anyone that interviewed first or second week of December hear back?

Thank you for replying! This really stinks, but hope we hear back soon. I thought we would hear back Dec 15th :/
Yeah, of course! I know right, I was bummed out that day! I really hope we hear back soon!

Hey guys!! Is there a groupme or something for the class of 2027 yet? I don't have facebook, and wanted to connect with you guys :)))

Has anyone received any updates since Dec 15th? Any acceptances, waitlists, notice of how full the class is?

@lm1271 I received an acceptance on January 19 and know several other students who also heard back, I will however not be accepting

I called the office and they said the director of admissions was on holiday for the remainder of February and that once she got back, they would call a meeting of the admission committee to discuss more acceptances. And basically to not expect acceptances until March

Reactions: 1 users
I called the office and they said the director of admissions was on holiday for the remainder of February and that once she got back, they would call a meeting of the admission committee to discuss more acceptances. And basically to not expect acceptances until March
I called earlier this week too but didnt get this update! So thank you for sharing :)

Has anyone who’s interviewed received anything besides an acceptance, like a waitlist or rejection? I interviewed in November but haven’t heard anything at all, is that a rejection or waitlist?

Has anyone who’s interviewed received anything besides an acceptance, like a waitlist or rejection? I interviewed in November but haven’t heard anything at all, is that a rejection or waitlist?
Nope, I interviewed december and went to a visit day mid January ... nothing yet

I clicked on the GroupMe link and it says 18 members so hopefully they havent sent out all their acceptances yet

With other schools, you can kinda get an idea of acceptances and how full the class is based on the members in the fb group but I haven’t seen one of those for SIU yet

With other schools, you can kinda get an idea of acceptances and how full the class is based on the members in the fb group but I haven’t seen one of those for SIU yet
Same, just the groupme someone shared a few posts above