Official University of Illinois at Chicago Interview/Acceptance/Denial Thread Class of 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothdds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I didn't see a thread for University of Illinois at Chicago so I wanted to create one. Has anyone heard from them? Does anyone know when they start to send out interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

From 2021 thread, Aug 30 was the first day, so late August, and definitely Sept :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when they start inviting for interviews?

What do you think is the lowest GPA UIC accepts? and AA/TS DAT scores? I know their average but does anyone have any idea about minimum possible? Thanks!!

I submitted my application on august 1st, did the supplemental as well. My last recommendation letter came in few days ago but my status on AADSAS is received/still waiting for additional info. Anyone on the same boat?

I submitted my application on august 1st, did the supplemental as well. My last recommendation letter came in few days ago but my status on AADSAS is received/still waiting for additional info. Anyone on the same boat?
I submitted my application and supplemental on 7/23. I got the email that they received my application on 7/27. Today (8/14/17) I got the email that my application is complete.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application and supplemental on 7/23. I got the email that they received my application on 7/27. Today (8/14/17) I got the email that my application is complete.
I also received completed confirmation 8/14/17. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats?
School: University of Illinois at Chicago
Here ya go! :)
Notification date: 2017/08/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/7
Application complete date: 06/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.56, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/none

Anyone know how heavily they take residency into consideration? I saw their 2021 student profile and noticed they only had 2 out of state students. I'm out of state and want to know how slim my chances are.

Anyone know how heavily they take residency into consideration? I saw their 2021 student profile and noticed they only had 2 out of state students. I'm out of state and want to know how slim my chances are.
For class of 2020 on their class profile website, it said that around 800 OOS applicants applied and they only interviewed 19 and accepted 5. So they are not really OOS friendly..

Anyone know if September 13th is the earliest interview date at UIC?

I submitted my application to UIC at the end of June about two weeks after the opening. They didn't receive my official DAT scores until the very end of July, but I am not sure if they needed the official ones to start looking at my app.
These are my stats for those who asked:
20 AA, 20 TS, 22 PAT, 16 QR, 21 RC, 22 Bio, 19 Gen Chem, 20 Orgo
3.75 GPA and 3.7 Science

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I also got an interview! Got the invite this morning. I am out of state.

Just got an interview invite!

Method of notification: Email
App complete: 8/15
Residency: Illinois
DAT: 24 AA, 24 TS, 22 PAT
oGPA: 3.99
sGPA: 4.00

Does anyone know what the interview format is like at UIC?

Closed file, 2 interviewers. More serious tone than other interviews for sure. PM for details

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I had an interview at UIC last week and it was very chill. My interview was one-on-one with a clinical professor and it was closed file. The interview lasted around 20 minutes. I honestly think it depends on who interviews you whether it will come off as chill or serious.

I had mine last week too. I interviewed with one clinical professor and she did not have a list of questions to ask me. She just asked me a lot of follow-up questions based on what I would say. She did ask me the same question literally 3 times, "what do you want me to know about you?"...and there was no time at the end to ask questions with my interviewer, but that's maybe because we were talking a lot.

I had an interview at UIC last week and it was very chill. My interview was one-on-one with a clinical professor and it was closed file. The interview lasted around 20 minutes. I honestly think it depends on who interviews you whether it will come off as chill or serious.

I had mine last week too. I interviewed with one clinical professor and she did not have a list of questions to ask me. She just asked me a lot of follow-up questions based on what I would say. She did ask me the same question literally 3 times, "what do you want me to know about you?"...and there was no time at the end to ask questions with my interviewer, but that's maybe because we were talking a lot.

Did they ask you guys any ethical questions / anything from left field?

In one of my responses to what she should know about me, I said that I am a trustworthy person and that I would never cheat etc, and then she asked a follow-up question of "have you ever been put in that situation where a classmate was cheating? How did you handle it?" So I am not sure that you for sure will get an ethical question if the other interviewers had lists of questions, but mine asked me. There were no other questions like that or ones where I had to think outside of the box. Just questions about getting to know me.

Yes, I got an ethical question. All questions asked were very easy to answer.. they just want to know who are you, so be honest and you will be fine.

I had an interview at UIC last week and it was very chill. .

I thought the Director of Admissions at UIC informed applicants that it was an MMI/speed dating format?

Where I got my info: First hand told in an ADEA Virtual Fairs & Webinar by Director of Admissions.

Could someone confirm if UIC does MMI and how they run it? Because I am hearing alot of 1v1 interviews in contrast to MMI. Just need some clarification please; and thanks!

I thought the Director of Admissions at UIC informed applicants that it was an MMI/speed dating format?

Where I got my info: First hand told in an ADEA Virtual Fairs & Webinar by Director of Admissions.

Could someone confirm if UIC does MMI and how they run it? Because I am hearing alot of 1v1 interviews in contrast to MMI. Just need some clarification please; and thanks!

Nope! It was definitely a one-on-one interview. So you will meet with either one or two interviewers for around 20 minutes and that's it. They ask around 10 questions.

Does anyone know when UIC sends out the last invites to interview for this cycle?

Does anyone know how from after the interview UIC decides who gets in? Im not sure if my interviewers were on admissions but do they just fill out a form that evaluates my interview and then give that to the admissions?

Just got invited to interview. Email received this morning

Just got invited to interview. Email received this morning
When did you get the application complete email and what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Also, pre or post December interview?

Last edited:
When did you get the application complete email and what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Also, pre or post December interview?
I completed the application on 8/16. Stats are:

In State
oGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.89
AA/TS/RC/PAT
21/20/23/24- nothing under a 19 as well

Got the invite this morning. Does anyone care to share anything about their experience? I've been told it was was or less and interrogation.

Status
Not open for further replies.