***Official Roseman University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was accepted too! Phone call yesterday around noon, interviewed beginning of November. Has anyone else had trouble with the acceptance email? It seems like the wrong thing is posted to fill out, it only has the ortho app up but not the DMD acceptance?
Did u solve this issue? I am experiencing the same thing..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! So I have not been accepted nor rejected from Roseman and I interviewed in September. Is there anyone on an official waitlist? Or do we just assume we are on a waitlist?

Also, has anyone in the past or knows of anyone who has sent Roseman a Letter of Intent even without an official waitlist in order? Thanks for any advice or tips! Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, for those who got an acceptance, when was your deposit to secure a spot due? I have heard January 14th, but just curious! Thanks !!

Also, for those who got an acceptance, when was your deposit to secure a spot due? I have heard January 14th, but just curious! Thanks !!
Deposit is due 45 days from your acceptance email.

As far as I understand, there is no official waitlist, if you haven't been rejected then you're still in the running.

Deposit is due 45 days from your acceptance email.

As far as I understand, there is no official waitlist, if you haven't been rejected then you're still in the running.
That makes sense, and I hope I can still get in then!! I seriously loved the program and core values a lot. Thank you so much for responding!! I am so happy you were able to get into Roseman especially after working so hard for it, you definitely deserve it :D

That makes sense, and I hope I can still get in then!! I seriously loved the program and core values a lot. Thank you so much for responding!! I am so happy you were able to get into Roseman especially after working so hard for it, you definitely deserve it :D
Yeah I'm in the same boat.. I would like to have heard something to clarify by now so I know what is going on ideally but I also understand that's how they operate.

i was finally able to view the documents. but when i press submit, i get a service error... anyone else get this message? i tried to submit with google chrome and safari, both gave me same message.
I would call and talk to Alicia

Yeah I'm in the same boat.. I would like to have heard something to clarify by now so I know what is going on ideally but I also understand that's how they operate.
Yeah, I know once people turn down the offer it'll open up more spots, so praying we get them haha

I found out for sure, no drug test! Just get your physical and vaccinations.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview and already paid a deposit to MWU-AZ. This school had always been a top pick for me so I'm struggling to decide if I want to go or not
If it’s been a top choice for you, it wouldn’t hurt to check it out! I thought I was in love with my state school until I went to Roseman. I have never felt more at home (although I’m sure everyone feels different at different schools). I’m so excited I get to go to this amazing school next year :love:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any concern of lack of clinical experience/patients?

Is there any concern of lack of clinical experience/patients?
from my impression, they get a lot of clinical experience because there’s no specialties so most cases stay with students. The students I talked to said they don’t have any issues with getting patients, a lot of lower income people come to Roseman I believe.

Hey guys! I'm interviewing at Roseman on the 19th at 8am and I'll be staying at the Sleep Inn in South Jordan the night before. Anybody else staying at this hotel who'd want to share an Uber or Lyft to the school that morning?

Has anybody else not been accepted or rejected to anywhere yet?? Year three of applications and not knowing anything at this point is making my hair fall out. Only one interview at roseman this far.

Has anybody else not been accepted or rejected to anywhere yet?? Year three of applications and not knowing anything at this point is making my hair fall out. Only one interview at roseman this far.
I am on 3 waitlists, have another invterview coming up on February 8, and still “under consideration” at the other 4 schools I’ve applied to.

I'll be interviewing at Roseman on Feb. 9th. Any advice??

So I haven't heard back from Roseman since October, all I have heard was your application is under review and I haven't heard a peep. I did send an update with my latest DAT scores and summer courses. Should I call the office this week and see whether my application is still being considered?

So I haven't heard back from Roseman since October, all I have heard was your application is under review and I haven't heard a peep. I did send an update with my latest DAT scores and summer courses. Should I call the office this week and see whether my application is still being considered?
I would. Definitely shows interest, as long as you're not calling every week

The interview is extremely important for this school. Do your research and be prepared.

Reactions: 1 users
It sounds obvious (and redundant) but be yourself! They can see right through lies and being honest makes it more enjoyable.

Participate!! They're looking for people that are willing to work with others, remember that the people around you are your future colleagues. While you're competing for a seat you're also looking at people that can help you in the future. Colleagues!

It sounds obvious (and redundant) but be yourself! They can see right through lies and being honest makes it more enjoyable.

Participate!! They're looking for people that are willing to work with others, remember that the people around you are your future colleagues. While you're competing for a seat you're also looking at people that can help you in the future. Colleagues!
Thank you. Much appreciated!

Received an interview invitation at roseman today!

I am having trouble deciding whether should I attend since I already got admitted to UDM. Thoughts?

Received an interview invitation at roseman today!

I am having trouble deciding whether should I attend since I already got admitted to UDM. Thoughts?

UDM is "cheaper" in comparison to Roseman when looking at tuition. You also have to consider hotel costs, travel costs for the interview at Roseman as well as your personal time being vested. I don't know your financial situation so that's up to you. Personally, if I were accepted I would just take it and run with it. Call it a good day at the office and not spend anymore money.

Does anyone feel as though Roseman has already filled their 100 seats for the 2022 class and are not considering the people who have not been accepted nor denied thus far? Just curious if this might be true and if anyone has any other ideas about the folks who are still in the "not accepted nor denied" yet pile??

Does anyone feel as though Roseman has already filled their 100 seats for the 2022 class and are not considering the people who have not been accepted nor denied thus far? Just curious if this might be true and if anyone has any other ideas about the folks who are still in the "not accepted nor denied" yet pile??
How can they have filled seats when they just sent interview invites to ppl

The seats aren't filled, they said they've gone as far as the first week and sent out an acceptance. I'll bet they've sent out at least 100 acceptances, but so many people have turned it down (distance, cost, don't like the program, ect).

Have they sent out any rejections? I can't remember... I wouldn't give up hope, Roseman is unique... and expensive. There is bound to be a ton of movement on the acceptance list.

UDM is "cheaper" in comparison to Roseman when looking at tuition. You also have to consider hotel costs, travel costs for the interview at Roseman as well as your personal time being vested. I don't know your financial situation so that's up to you. Personally, if I were accepted I would just take it and run with it. Call it a good day at the office and not spend anymore money.

Declined my interview! Hope someone else gets it!

Has anyone heard back from Jan 19th interview? From the previous thread I read, people have already gotten the call few days after their interview.

Mine is dead silence...:(

Has anyone heard back from Jan 19th interview? From the previous thread I read, people have already gotten the call few days after their interview.

Mine is dead silence...:(
Nope, I haven’t heard anything either. I think it takes about a week after doing the hw thing for them to make a decision...so next Wednesday?

What were ur stats*

Why is it that practically every school requires implants to graduate and Roseman does not? This stuff makes me seriously question if they produce competent dentists man..

Someone give me hope that this school actually prepares u for The real world cuz it may be my only acceptance and I really don’t want to get a half ass education

Why is it that practically every school requires implants to graduate and Roseman does not? This stuff makes me seriously question if they produce competent dentists man..

Someone give me hope that this school actually prepares u for The real world cuz it may be my only acceptance and I really don’t want to get a half ass education

Also, doing implants won't make you a better dentist. You still can't place them, you can only deliver implants. To place implants you either have to specialize in OMFS or take an AAID/ICOI maxi courses. Just because it isn't covered doesn't mean that you won't have the opportunity to learn about them, you'll just have to do it on your own time. Besides they may focus on something else more important in general dentistry.

If it were a 'half-assed' education then the school wouldn't have lasted. No one would get acceptances to specialties and board pass rates would be low. Every school is different, focusing on things that might be more prominent in that geographic area. Also, a lot of what you do in clinic will be decided by the patients needs. If you're worried about implant placement it would probably be a good idea to shadow/assist in the oral surgery clinic.

If it were a 'half-assed' education then the school wouldn't have lasted. No one would get acceptances to specialties and board pass rates would be low. Every school is different, focusing on things that might be more prominent in that geographic area. Also, a lot of what you do in clinic will be decided by the patients needs. If you're worried about implant placement it would probably be a good idea to shadow/assist in the oral surgery clinic.
Just because they pass boards doesn’t make them a competent dentist. It just means they memorized a bunch of information lol. We have no record of what these graduates do after they’ve actually graduated and how much they actually know (hand skills)

It’s just shocking to me that at so many schools implants is normal and here it’s like you’ll be lucky to do one

Just because they pass boards doesn’t make them a competent dentist. It just means they memorized a bunch of information lol. We have no record of what these graduates do after they’ve actually graduated and how much they actually know (hand skills)

It’s just shocking to me that at so many schools implants is normal and here it’s like you’ll be lucky to do one

And where did you get this info from? Can you give me a list of schools where placing an implant is actually a requirement to graduate?

I don’t know who ever said you’d be lucky to do one. All students are going to get different chances to do different things based off of their patient base, the same way it is at any school. During my interview day I specifically remember students saying they do get to do/help with placing implants if they get a chance with their patients.
You should make a new post in the dental forums if you want to complain about things. You’d probably get better info than from a thread where those accepted are HAPPY to go to Roseman.

Reactions: 2 users
It's funny how you think placing one implant makes you competent in doing so. If that's your philosophy go right ahead and go to a school that makes you place an implant and do so right out of school.

It really sounds like you don't want to go to roseman. If you don't want to go to roseman then don't. No one has a gun to your head

Reactions: 3 users

I think you might want to get a hold of someone that can better answer your questions, like a current professor, maybe one that was on your interview?

Otherwise, I think if you're having serious doubts about the school you should reconsider accepting their offer. I am confident in the school and I'm sure I will come out a great clinician. As Dr. Harmon said, you need to pick the right school for you. In that case, maybe it's worth waiting another year and hoping for a different outcome. You don't want to spend 4 years moaning that you made the wrong choice (selfishly, I don't want to hear it).

Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that in order to become a licensed dentist you need to take a licensure exam such as the ADEX or WREB. These licensure exams test the "hand skills" of graduating students in order to make sure they are clinically competent to practice dentistry.

Roseman's graduates have become licensed dentists. Therefore, they were able to pass the standardized clinical exam that make sure they were competent to practice dentistry. I don't think anyone graduating from Roseman should be concerned that their "hand skills" are not up to par when they are passing the same exams everyone needs to take in order to become licensed.

Reactions: 2 users

This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard and I HAD to reply.
1. "practically every school requires implants to graduate": FALSE. I do not know ANY school that requires implants to graduate as it is not a required skill set for a general dentist. However, at Roseman you get so much better opportunities to place implants than other schools.
2. "Half ass education": FALSE. Sure sometimes you get Fridays off once you pass your assessment on Thursday. But it does not mean Roseman provides half ass education. If it did, it would have not had board passing rates above 90% and the current students would be revolting. I don't see it happening.
3. "Passing boards just mean they memorized bunch of information": FALSE. There are National Dental Boards, which tests your knowledge in medicine and dentistry, and there are regional clinical boards such as WREB or ADEX that test your clinical skillset. Most students take and pass the regional boards for their license and it proves them to be competent to treat patients.

Man, I have seen your other posts and it sounds like you really don't want to go to Roseman if you did really get accepted (which I doubt; in my opinion you just want somebody else to read your post and drop their acceptance so you can get in). Please do us all a favor and don't go to Roseman because you will make everyone else miserable.

Reactions: 7 users
Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that in order to become a licensed dentist you need to take a licensure exam such as the ADEX or WREB. These licensure exams test the "hand skills" of graduating students in order to make sure they are clinically competent to practice dentistry.

Roseman's graduates have become licensed dentists. Therefore, they were able to pass the standardized clinical exam that make sure they were competent to practice dentistry. I don't think anyone graduating from Roseman should be concerned that their "hand skills" are not up to par when they are passing the same exams everyone needs to take in order to become licensed.

You are correct. WREB and Adex or whatever else is the actual state licensing exam which is evaluated by an independent examiner. It tests you on the basic everyday dentistry. (Fillings root canals Srp maybe crowns and bridges depending on which exam).

NBDE is the national boards (all computer based) which everyone needs to take as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.