Official PCOM Class of 2012!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any of you recently been accepted off the waitlist? Just wondering if there has been any waitlist movement.

Members don't see this ad.

Have any of you recently been accepted off the waitlist? Just wondering if there has been any waitlist movement.

I received an acceptance off the wait list on July 3rd via snail mail, sent to what was listed on AACOMAS as my "permanent address." I interviewed late and was wait listed in the end of April, I believe.

So, it is moving! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
2 med students looking for a 3rd roommate - the available room has its own bathroom, walk-in closet, and the apartment is fully furnished except for the room. Lots of parking with 24-hr security.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

By the way, congrats on your acceptances!

Hey guys, what lenders are you picking for your loans?? Thank you in advance!

Hey guys -- just wanted to make myself available if you have any questions. I'm going into my second year here at PCOM... I've also recently received the USAF Health Professions Scholarship. If you PM me, I can supply contact info as well.

Financial Aid unofficially suggested a bank by the name of National City Bank for Staffords, because they are one of the few remaining banks that absorb the origination fee. As many of you know, there has been a huge credit crunch as a a result of home foreclosures. Because of this, many of the banks who previously were involved with student loans have ceased doing so, and the ones who have remained in it have reduced or nixed their benefits (decreased origination fees, interest reductions, etc).

let me preface this by saying that my dad is nosey, but also helped in purchasing my new laptop....so i deal with him looking over my shoulder while browsing the PCOM forum. RukusMD...my dad thinks your little icon is hilarious. just and FYI.

anywho: I finished my stafford loans and grad PLUS stuff almost 2 months ago and still havent heard anything. after talking to AES though, the information was suddenly updated to saying that my loan applications were just completed in july...not cool. I chose national city for my lender, but hopefully i'll actually get money from them after all of these problems between AES and PCOM. PCOM still hasnt released my info to AES...and i was just wondering if they had done it for anyone else yet. I'm really beginning to get nervous because ~70,000 doesnt just drop out of the sky... unless its from National City.

I'm having a similar problem about AES-PCOM communication about my loans. I called both places and they told me they the loans won't be processed until the end of July beginning of August. The woman at PCOM told me they usually process all of the loans August 4th because it only takes 24 - 48hrs for the money to arrive. She also said that it's meant to coincide with the due date on our accounts (August 8th) but this makes me nervous because if there was ever a problem my payment would be late.

Honestly, I feel like the financial aid people hate talking to the students. It's as though we're bothering them when we call to ask questions. Also, their standard response to any question is "look on nucleus."
Oh well. We'll figure it out on our own!

Hey Everybody----

My student loans were approved today. I had applied late for the loans as well, so be on the lookout.