**Official PASS 2023 Periodontic Residency Interviews/Information**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody hear back from Kentucky?

Members don't see this ad.

Would I be crazy to cancel an interview invite? I applied to just a couple of private schools and considered them "safety" programs because of their high tuition ($50k) w/no stipend. Nearly all the other programs are public with tuition ranging from $0-25k and most have stipends. I received 5 interview offers and am considering canceling the one which has the highest tuition cost and no stipend. I feel very good about my first interview and that has made me reconsider proceeding with an interview at a program which I'm not 100% excited to attend. My gut tells me that I will match at one of the 4 other programs, but I also don't want to make a major mistake. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if UPenn, Columbia or Tufts are doing second rounds of interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
What are the dates for Tufts? if you guys don't mind sharing those. thank you

Would I be crazy to cancel an interview invite? I applied to just a couple of private schools and considered them "safety" programs because of their high tuition ($50k) w/no stipend. Nearly all the other programs are public with tuition ranging from $0-25k and most have stipends. I received 5 interview offers and am considering canceling the one which has the highest tuition cost and no stipend. I feel very good about my first interview and that has made me reconsider proceeding with an interview at a program which I'm not 100% excited to attend. My gut tells me that I will match at one of the 4 other programs, but I also don't want to make a major mistake. Thoughts?

The majority of people match into their rank 1. But there is no right answer to your question. Good luck!

I think ultimately the choice is up to you. It sounds like you're doing really well getting interviews & doing well at them. If the interview is online, I would still take it and make the decision on how to rank closer to the match deadline day. But everyone's circumstances are different.

does anyone know if UPenn, Columbia or Tufts are doing second rounds of interviews?

What are the dates for Tufts? if you guys don't mind sharing those. thank you

when did you guys submit and when did you get the “application complete” email from Tufts? I submitted July 19 and got the complete email on Aug 23

when did you guys submit and when did you get the “application complete” email from Tufts? I submitted July 19 and got the complete email on Aug 23

I applied on the 23rd of July and got a confirmation on the 25th of July

Should I still have hope knowing that I didn't receive any interview invites yet? 💔

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how many programs people applied on average 😄
Based on Match Statistics from 2018,

20 people apply per position,
6 interviews conducted per position,
4 program ranks per position

Reactions: 4 users
Have you received letter of time confirmation? I replied 6 days ago and nothing back yet...
Sorry for the late reply. You mean physical letter or email? I didn't receive any physical letter that has time confirmation. It was only an email stating the interview date and they requested the applicant's reply.

Hello guy,
Would the Uni’s send for another interview round?
I haven’t heard from them, although my application is strong and I made sure with all of them that’s complete. Please advise what should I do 💔

Any information about:
-Texas A n M.
-UNC
-Minnesotta

it seems like vcu and nyu are taking a while?

Reactions: 1 users
Rutgers is out for “preliminary” interviews on 9/29 (online)

“Follow up interviews will be conducted in person”

Last edited:
Hello guy,
Would the Uni’s send for another interview round?
I haven’t heard from them, although my application is strong and I made sure with all of them that’s complete. Please advise what should I do 💔
I know many people who did not receive any interview invite. Some applied very early, some late and some of them applied to almost all programs. What makes your application strong?

Anyone heard from VCU, Case western?
What are the dates for Texas A & M, West Virginia? And are these interviews virtual or in-person?

Thanks for the link, that is a very useful pdf. Essentially if you don't have a program ranked in your top 4 you likely won't match.
Do you mean I have to rank at least 4 programs? Or do you mean I have to be ranked in the top 4 of each program I ranked?

Do you mean I have to rank at least 4 programs? Or do you mean I have to be ranked in the top 4 of each program I ranked?
My understanding is that IF you match, it will be to a program in your top 4.

Hey everyone, here's the updated list that I've gathered from the forum. Please let me know if there are ones I missed or updates I need to make. Best of luck to everyone, stay strong

SENT:
University of Louisville – 9/23, 9/30, in-person
University of Washington – 8/12, 10/7, in-person
University of Michigan – 9/29, in-person
Boston University - ongoing interviews (at least 3 rounds so far)
University of Illinois at Chicago – 8/15, 9/6, in-person
UT San Antonio – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
University of Rochester – 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, zoom
University of Colorado – Residents selected
Harvard University – 8/18, 9/1, in-person
University of Alabama at Birmingham – 9/9-10/10 every Monday or Friday
Marquette University – 10/6
University of Nebraska – 2 days in September, sent by phone call
UT Houston – 8/30, 9/6
University of Southern California – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
University of Tennessee Health Science Center – 8/30, 9/25, 9/26, zoom
Stony Brook University – 8/16, 8/25, 9/1, zoom
Indiana University – 9/13, 9/15, zoom
Mayo Clinic – 9/23, 9/30, in-person
Oklahoma University – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
Nova Southeastern University – 9/13, 9/14
University of Pittsburgh – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
Oregon Health and Science University – 9/28, 9/29, 10/5, 10/6, in-person
Ohio State University – August and 10/7
St. Louis University – 10/4, 10/5, in-person
University of Maryland – 9/30, 10/7
Louisiana State University – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
UCSF – 9/7, 9/21, in-person
University at Buffalo – week of 8/25
Medical University of South Carolina – 9/23, 9/30, 10/7
Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
University of Florida – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
Columbia University – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates, 4 dates in person, 2 dates virtual)
University of Minnesota – 10/6, 10/7
University of Pennsylvania – 9/9, 9/12, 9/19, zoom
Loma Linda University – 9/19, in-person
University of Iowa – Early August
University of Missouri-Kansas City – 10/10, in-person
Temple University – 9/28
UCLA – 9/29, in-person
University of Kentucky – announced dates will be 9/20/22 and 10/11/22
University of Connecticut – 9/20, 10/13, zoom
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill – 9/30, 10/7, in-person
Texas A&M University – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)
VA in LA – 10/3, zoom
Tufts University – 9/9, 9/14, 9/27, 9/30, and more in October
Rutgers – Preliminary interviews 9/29, zoom; Follow up interviews in-person
West Virginia University – (interviews sent, unconfirmed dates)

PENDING:
VA in NY
Indianapolis VA
New York University
Case Western Reserve University
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Detroit Mercy

Can anybody confirm all the dates for VA in LA and UCLA?

Can anybody confirm all the dates for VA in LA and UCLA?
I'm fairly certain the VA in LA only has the one interview date next Monday via Zoom.

Does anyone know where I can find some information on Rutgers Perio program besides their website which doesn't really say anything?

Does anyone know where I can find some information on Rutgers Perio program besides their website which doesn't really say anything?
LOL unfortunately that's the case with a majority of programs. You could reach out to the program and ask for a list of current residents or grads.

Here is what I was able to gather from the perio.org website (a cached version). This info may be out of date.

Number of Faculty Members:5 full-time; 15 part-time (9 board certified)
Accept students not trained in a US or Canadian dental school?:yes
Length of Program in months:34
State License Required:no
Degrees/Certificates Offered:Certificate or Certificate plus M.S.
Prerequisites:National Board Exam (US and Canadian applicants), dental degree, GRE, letters of recommendation, class rank, GPR
Tuition per year:$44,000
Instruments & Equipment:Approximately $5,000
Salary and/or Stipend:n/a
First Year Enrollment:4
Ratio of Acceptances to Applicants:4:35
Specific Training and Duration of each in hours:Conscious sedation 40 hours, implant didactic 28 hours, nitrous oxide 9 hours
Hours spent in Clinical patient treatment:24/week
Type of Implant System Taught:Nobel, Zimmer, Biomet 3i, Hiossen, Strauman, Biohorizon
Number of Implant Cases Completed per Residency:100+ fixtures
Percent of Time spent in courses/lectures/seminars:20%
Percent of Time spent in research:5%
Percent of Time spent in clinical:65%
Percent of Time spent in teaching:10%
Clinical Setting:dental school
Associated Hospitals:n/a
On-Call Arrangements:n/a
Average Number of Surgical Procedures per residency (excluding implants):125+
Average Number of Cases completed per residency:25
Research Requirements:yes
Residency Programs available in other Dental Specialties:all specialties

have Case Western Reserve University, Virginia Commonwealth University sent out the invites?