**Official PASS 2023 Periodontic Residency Interviews/Information**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Periobug

Reaction score
Hi, PASS has already opened a month or so ago and I still didn't see any thread of periodontics this year. Thought I might create this thread so we could share some info. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Here are some previous links:
2022 cycle
2021 cycle
2020 cycle
2019 cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

Did anyone apply to LLU and use the recommendation letters from ADEA PASS? they sent to me an email that my recommendation letters are missing and I have to submit them although I submitted PASS application to LLU!

Does anyone know how the new INBDE will factor in? Do different schools have different deadlines for that? Cause my school just allowed us to take it recently

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how the new INBDE will factor in? Do different schools have different deadlines for that? Cause my school just allowed us to take it recently
It depends on the school itself, I recommend to visit each school’s website that you wish to apply to and see the application requirements. Usually they ask for NBDE part I for Dental students who study in U.S

Anyone got any email from case western or Rochester regarding the application status ??

Just curious for future reference, what are the average stats from dental school that one would need to feel confident in getting an interview at a perio residency program? Such as rank, GPA, # of externships, etc.

Hi everyone,

Did anyone apply to LLU and use the recommendation letters from ADEA PASS? they sent to me an email that my recommendation letters are missing and I have to submit them although I submitted PASS application to LLU!
I called them and they said the adea pass letters are sufficient, you dont need to send additional ones through their supplemental.

Did any university other than Michigan send out invitations?

when do invitations start? After august 1st?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a bit late getting my application together. For schools with August 1 deadlines, is that the deadline to submit on PASS or does that also include any supplemental application?

I am a bit late getting my application together. For schools with August 1 deadlines, is that the deadline to submit on PASS or does that also include any supplemental application?
I think it also includes the supplementals. A couple schools emailed me saying they were still waiting on my supplemental fees for the 8/1 deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if Michigan send interviews on multiple rounds or they send it one time only ? And good luck
If you can share the dates of the interview
I'm not sure about how many rounds they are sending invitations, and this is on July 29th

Do schools send out supplemental applications/questions after you submit on PASS or will you get access to them on the PASS website?

Do schools send out supplemental applications/questions after you submit on PASS or will you get access to them on the PASS website?
Most were on pass, but i also used the pass search engine & googled each program's website to see if they had a supplemental.

Which program offers the best training in sedation, implants and autogenous bone grafts?

Can anybody offer some information about the UCLA perio program?

I heard BU has sent out some interviews, can anyone else confirm?

Hi everyone,

Did you ever hear back from them? I'd like to apply - but don't want to go through the hassle of having all my rec letter writers sending it individually to apply to LLU directly.

I heard BU has sent out some interviews, can anyone else confirm?
Yes I know applicants have interview today, but I guess they have another round as well (they sent the invitations in multiple rounds last year)

Did you ever hear back from them? I'd like to apply - but don't want to go through the hassle of having all my rec letter writers sending it individually to apply to LLU directly.
I received the automated application status email informing me that my recommendation letters are missing, I tried to contact them regarding this issue via email but no answer yet.

*someone here called them and they siad PASS rec letters are sufficient

Last edited:
University of Washington sent out interviews.
Do they normally send out just one batch of interviews? I'm hoping to get everything submitted next week, before the August 1 deadline.

Hi everyone! Just carrying this over from previous years to make tracking interviews a little easier for all of us :)

SENT:
University of Washington - (unconfirmed dates)
University of Michigan – (unconfirmed dates)

PENDING:

Boston University -
University of Illinois – Chicago –
Stony Brook
Ohio State University
University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Harvard University -
Indiana University -
University of Pittsburg -
Tufts University
Marquette –
UT San Antonio
University of Alabama
UT Houston -
Medical University of South Carolina
Loma Linda
UCLA
UCSF
University of Southern Cali
VA in LA
University of Connecticut
University of Florida
Augusta university
University of Kentucky - announced dates will be 9/20/22 and 10/11/22
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
University of Minnesota
University of Missouri
Columbia
University of Rochester
NYU
University of North Carolina
Case Western university
Oregon Health and Science
University of Pennsylvania
Temple university
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
NOVA Southeastern
University of Iowa
Detroit Mercy
University of Nebraska
University at Buffalo
University of Tennessee
Saint Louis University
University of Colorado

SENT:
University of Washington - August 12 and October 7
University of Michigan – (unconfirmed dates)
Boston University - ongoing interviews (at least 2 rounds so far)

PENDING:
University of Illinois – Chicago –
Stony Brook
Ohio State University
University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Harvard University -
Indiana University -
University of Pittsburg -
Tufts University
Marquette –
UT San Antonio
University of Alabama
UT Houston -
Medical University of South Carolina
Loma Linda
UCLA
UCSF
University of Southern Cali
VA in LA
University of Connecticut
University of Florida
Augusta university
University of Kentucky - announced dates will be 9/20/22 and 10/11/22
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
University of Minnesota
University of Missouri
Columbia
University of Rochester
NYU
University of North Carolina
Case Western university
Oregon Health and Science
University of Pennsylvania
Temple university
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
NOVA Southeastern
University of Iowa
Detroit Mercy
University of Nebraska
University at Buffalo
University of Tennessee
Saint Louis University
University of Colorado

How were you guys able to reach Houston and stony brook? it seems impossible to reach them. Any help would be amazing.

Has anyone gotten confirmation of completed application from Indiana? Would like to know that they received my Disciplinary history form and 2x2 photo but when I email them it says their email isn't accepting mail. Any help?

Applied to NOVA and completed the supplemental application on their website. When I check application status it says everything except payment is "Not Received" even though I submitted everything on the list through PASS. Does it just take a while for them to process the application?

Applied to NOVA and completed the supplemental application on their website. When I check application status it says everything except payment is "Not Received" even though I submitted everything on the list through PASS. Does it just take a while for them to process the application?
Same thing happened to me, just give them a week. it will be fixed

Has anyone gotten confirmation of completed application from Indiana? Would like to know that they received my Disciplinary history form and 2x2 photo but when I email them it says their email isn't accepting mail. Any help?
I got an "application complete" email from them a few hours ago.

I had that problem when sending my photo to the @iupui.edu email. I instead sent it to the [email protected] email and it went through! I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone to confirm it’s complete yet though.
[mention]DajiDown [/mention]did you send it to a different email?

I had that problem when sending my photo to the @iupui.edu email. I instead sent it to the [email protected] email and it went through! I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone to confirm it’s complete yet though.
I received confirmation via email that everything was received and my application is ready to review earlier this morning! Definitely a hard school to get ahold of lol

Does UCLA require the NBDE official copy sent directly to them before or after admission?
Where do we pay the UCLA supplemental fee?

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen to me. I ended up sending it to [email protected] as well. I think they've just started sending completion emails so hopefully you'll get one soon.

Does UCLA require the NBDE official copy sent directly to them before or after admission?
I don't think they have a supplemental fee. It's only for international applicants.

directly to them before or after admission?
I have the same question about the official copies of NBDE + Toefl scores, do we need to send them directly or what is submitted through PASS would be enough?
Also, do we need to fill any supplemental documents (application form, recommendations form, English Proficiency form) that are mentioned in the website and send them directly?
As the application form doesn’t include the option of Periodontics to be selected as the program of choice!

What application form do you refer to? I only submitted my application via ADEA PASS and also submitted the additional program materials they requested.
Are you applying for multiple specialties since you mentioned there is no option for periodontology? I am not sure I understand what you meant.
I called the school several times and I cannot reach them.

What application form do you refer to? I only submitted my application via ADEA PASS and also submitted the additional program materials they requested.
Are you applying for multiple specialties since you mentioned there is no option for periodontology? I am not sure I understand what you meant.
I called the school several times and I cannot reach them.
For the international applicants, they mentioned in the website several supplemental items that need to be mailed directly to the program. However, I,m not sure if PASS application, in addition to the supplemental fees, would be enough or not!
You can check them out here Admissions and Applying | UCLA Dentistry