**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the advice! I’m thinking the first year I’m going to live in the City, but maybe by the second year I can find somewhere outside of Baltimore.

Members don't see this ad.

Anymore movement on the waitlist? *crosses fingers*

It’s now May and still nothing ... I’m starting to lose hope here

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question for current students:
What are the typical assignments like? Are there homework, like worksheets?
Are there group projects, (research) papers, presentations? How often do you get group projects?
Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
I got 2 scholarships!! Every little bit helps. One I got right away and the other just recently. I got my financial package and its a hell of a lot of money, a little intimidating but it will be worth it .

To the accepted students who have received their financial aid package, do you know what the Central Materials Service charge is and if that is a mandatory fee?

To the accepted students who have received their financial aid package, do you know what the Central Materials Service charge is and if that is a mandatory fee?
I ended up calling the school and asking them . They are very helpful and didn’t mind answering all my questions,

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! So I am preparing to reapply and had a question about the personal statement. For those who are reapplicants and got accepted this cycle, is it okay to use your old personal statement or should I send in a new one? Thank you!

I got 2 scholarships!! Every little bit helps. One I got right away and the other just recently. I got my financial package and its a hell of a lot of money, a little intimidating but it will be worth it .
Did you accept all of the money??? I feel like if I don't then I wont have enough.... life is unpredictable.

Did you accept get out of state all of the money??? I feel like if I don't then I wont have enough.... life is unpredictable.
No I didn't. I have health insurance so didn't need that, there were a few other things that I lowered but didn't drop completely. I'll have a better idea how much I'm going to need/use once the year gets started. Then they give you a grace period to return it. I just did a spread sheet of amounts that I have to have, (school musts etc) then living expenses....those figures were highly inflated. It's only for a semester so I won't starve, or if I do it won't be too long before I get the second half LOL. I was still conservative , but it helped with the scholarships. Especially being out of state...

Hi all! So I am preparing to reapply and had a question about the personal statement. For those who are reapplicants and got accepted this cycle, is it okay to use your old personal statement or should I send in a new one? Thank you!
Definitely write a new one, updating what has changed in the past year that you reapplied. The admissions committee will look closely at applicants who demonstrate improvement and personal statement is a great place to tell your story on that :)

Have you guys gotten an email with your UMID info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when will they start mailing out the info stuff. i thought they said beginning of june

Have you guys gotten emails from BankMobile Disbursements?

I got in with a 3.4 and 19 DAT if you consider that low.
I didn't get in with a 3.5 and 24 DAT. I got the rejection June 25th, well after I was pretty much locked in at Rutgers. Must have been something else they really didn't like about me or my file. Oh well!

It’s a pretty straight forward interview. They don’t hit you with anything confusing. I got there a little before 11:30 and sat down with other interviewees. We talked for about 20 minutes. Then they started the presentations. One was an informational presentation about the school. Then a financial aid presentation. Then we were separated into groups and some interviewed right away and some went on a tour. I interviewed right away. After the interview, you have lunch with some of the students. You get to talk with them and ask questions. You only have one 30 Minute interview with both a faculty member and a student asking you questions. It felt like it went by pretty fast. After lunch we had a tour (for my group). Then we had a technology presentation. We were done at around 4pm.

The school is awesome and so are the faculty and students. The only thing I didn’t like was the location. Baltimore is not exactly the safest city. I’m sure I’ll get over that as a student hopefully. Get a hotel close to the school. A interviewee posted very early on in the thread with his experience at the school. He gave a pretty good account as well. It’s worth checking out his opinion. Don’t be nervous, be honest and you’ll do fine. It’s hard to prepare for something like this. Just know your application very well down to your DAT scores and GPA’s. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Good luck!

Hey I PMed you!

I just interviewed at MD on the 21st so here are some comments/tips...

-If you're anything like me and find city streets somewhat confusing, allow yourself plenty of extra time to find the parking garage and walk to school (make a note of what level you parked on)
-they keep a very relaxed atmosphere at MD, so try to relax and be yourself, engage in conversation with the other interviewees and your host students.
-comfortable shoes are a must- the interview was on the 9th floor, and when a fire drill sounded, we had to walk down 9 flights instead of taking the elevator! So if you are a girl wearing heels, keep them reasonable height, and stash a pair of flats in your purse for such an eventuality
-the short interview itself feels completely different from the rest of the day- just you sitting across a conference table from a faculty member and D4 student, who has a computer into which they are typing everything you say. Try to keep the same relaxed manner you had up to this point! I think the interview question thread had every question I got in some shape or form, except "Who do you model your life after and why?" Another question that apparently threw some ppl was "What are some negative and positive things you see about dentistry?" They also asked what my family thought about me going into dentistry, why dentistry, why now, if I had family in dentistry, how I studied for DAT and was I happy with my score, what i liked to do for fun/to relax. I don't specifically remember anything else, but I didn't feel like they were grilling me, trying to trick me, etc.

Everyone is super nice, so you'll probably feel like the overall result is positive... the only problem with that is that everyone feels the same way, so I have no idea how that translates into acceptances! Fingers crossed for Dec 1.

Good luck with the interview!
If you have any specific questions I didn't address, let me know
Hey where did you find the interview thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.