**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who had trouble finding the FB page for our class. I’m afraid those that aren’t on SDN won’t know about it or find it. I need to find out about apts and find roommates. Someone told me that the school has apts too that we can rent out. Has anyone heard about these or know anything. I’m bringing a car up and parking seems a little challenging.

Members don't see this ad.

Am I the only one who had trouble finding the FB page for our class. I’m afraid those that aren’t on SDN won’t know about it or find it. I need to find out about apts and find roommates. Someone told me that the school has apts too that we can rent out. Has anyone heard about these or know anything. I’m bringing a car up and parking seems a little challenging.
Parking isn't challenging, just expensive. School does have apartments, but it's more pricey as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any apts you can recommend?
Redwood, Camden, Centerpoint, are popular lower budget ones. Fayette Square which is school housing is the most convenient one, but more pricey. You can also live in row houses walking distance to school if you can find a house + roommates

In my case it was. But waitlist this cycle was much sooner than last year. I remember my friends being waitlisted in Mid - Late March. But this time it was early March. Maybe they'll send a second round of waitlist?
Or i could be completely wrong and they did send couple wait list emails last year and I just didnt know about it. Don't take my word for it though. Only speaking from observation.
Hi, did most of your friends who were waitlisted last year make it in that same cycle?

is it possible to get semester parking at the garage right next to the law school - i think paca street

the garages i see on the student parking site are like a few blocks away

is it possible to get semester parking at the garage right next to the law school - i think paca street

the garages i see on the student parking site are like a few blocks away
Any idea how much parking is at the school for a semester or year

Hi, did most of your friends who were waitlisted last year make it in that same cycle?
Hello, I only knew two people that were waitlisted and they're both attending right onw

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks. Any idea on good apts?

i live about 30 min away so i'll be commuting. there are many good cities for apartments that are like 20-25 min away from the school like ellicott city, columbia, and area around bwi airport. those apartments will be cheaper than apartments very close to the school. im sure some people will advise to live as close to school as possible but u tend to pay more

i live about 30 min away so i'll be commuting. there are many good cities for apartments that are like 20-25 min away from the school like ellicott city, columbia, and area around bwi airport. those apartments will be cheaper than apartments very close to the school. im sure some people will advise to live as close to school as possible but u tend to pay more
I’ll have a car so I don’t mind living a little further out.do you know the name of any good apts?

Members don't see this ad :)
This wait is killing me.. I know we probably won't hear anything until after April 1st .. but I'm hopeful for earlier decision..

For those of you who are currently enrolled at UMB, I was wondering if printing is free at this school?

What does it mean If you didn't get a rejection or waitlisted? I was interviewed on Jan 30 and didn't hear back anything yet.

Has anyone who has been accepted paid their second deposit? April 1st is coming up and I was wondering if the school will prompt you to pay the second deposit or if I should just go ahead and pay it?

Has anyone who has been accepted paid their second deposit? April 1st is coming up and I was wondering if the school will prompt you to pay the second deposit or if I should just go ahead and pay it?
I went ahead and paid it. Didn't want to take a chance of missing it and losing my seat.

Yeah we go ahead and pay it on the same website as the first one.

I had a question for current students: how often do professors update the blackboard? Are you usually able to check your grades a few days after an exam?

New to SDN.. Accepted the offer from Maryland! From Richmond, Va. Anyone else considering the Redwood Apartments?

Reactions: 1 users
New to SDN.. Accepted the offer from Maryland! From Richmond, Va. Anyone else considering the Redwood Apartments?
I’m thinking about it. Don’t know Baltimore, I’m from Florida. Need a place that has parking . Are you familiar with Baltimore?

I interviewed December 5th and haven't heard back yet. Not sure what that means.

I was interviewed on Jan 30th but I still haven't received anything yet. Don't know what it means.. this wait is killing me :(

dang i interviewed that day too but didn't hear back today. Hopefully that doesn't mean its a rejection

I haven't heard anything yet as well. I was interviewed the same day too!

I’m thinking about it. Don’t know Baltimore, I’m from Florida. Need a place that has parking . Are you familiar with Baltimore?
I am not familiar with Baltimore either. I did tour the redwood apartments and they do have a parking deck. Parking is extra every month but totally worth it to me.

I am not familiar with Baltimore either. I did tour the redwood apartments and they do have a parking deck. Parking is extra every month but totally worth it to me.
I haven’t been up there to look at apts yet. But I have heard of the redwood. I heard parking was extra, but it’s a necessary evil LOL..having a car I don’t have to live next door to the school so was going to look around. I’m from Florida so it’s a little more challenging to get up there. I was told there are good areas and bad areas but I don’t know what to stay away from. Have you looked at other apartments?

Yeah we go ahead and pay it on the same website as the first one.
Do we have to mail a receipt of the deposit even if we send a check? or is that only with the online option?

Do we have to mail a receipt of the deposit even if we send a check? or is that only with the online option?

I thought with the online option you don't need to mail the receipt? The best is to pay it first and wait for an email confirmation, it will tell you what to do next :)

I thought with the online option you don't need to mail the receipt? The best is to pay it first and wait for an email confirmation, it will tell you what to do next :)

Wait how do we pay the deposit online? I thought we have to wait for the packet in the mail and send the deposit via mail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody knows how to get the immunization requirement documents? I haven't recieved any notification on this via email and tried the link in the offer letter but did not work. I wanna get this thing done as soon as possible.

Wait how do we pay the deposit online? I thought we have to wait for the packet in the mail and send the deposit via mail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SURFS

You can pay via this link! Click on the “check only”

I haven’t been up there to look at apts yet. But I have heard of the redwood. I heard parking was extra, but it’s a necessary evil LOL..having a car I don’t have to live next door to the school so was going to look around. I’m from Florida so it’s a little more challenging to get up there. I was told there are good areas and bad areas but I don’t know what to stay away from. Have you looked at other apartments?
Yeah coming from Florida would be challenging! I was going to live near the school for the first year then maybe as I get more familiar with the area I can find something better. I toured about 7 apartments and the Redwood was the only place I felt comfortable with. There are definitely a lot of areas in downtown Baltimore to avoid from the research I’ve done and from touring. I’m kind of in the same boat as you. It’s so stressful moving somewhere and not knowing what the best option is. Wish I could be more of a help!

Yeah coming from Florida would be challenging! I was going to live near the school for the first year then maybe as I get more familiar with the area I can find something better. I toured about 7 apartments and the Redwood was the only place I felt comfortable with. There are definitely a lot of areas in downtown Baltimore to avoid from the research I’ve done and from touring. I’m kind of in the same boat as you. It’s so stressful moving somewhere and not knowing what the best option is. Wish I could be more of a help![/QUOTE
How did you find other apts to look at , did you just drive around or did someone give you names? Im going to come up for a long weekend and hope to find something. Trying to find names of other places before I go, but haven’t found much luck..

I'm from Florida as well. I've been looking on Zillow and Trulia for places. Trulia is nice because it shows crime rates, but downtown Baltimore is kinda sketchy regardless. If you're bringing a car, look at places around Mt. Vernon, Fells Point and Locust Point (kinda far).

If anyone or current UMB dental students could answer this question that would be great. I still have not heard back on my application status and I had my interview back in November. I've read how waves of acceptances, waitlist, and rejections have been sent out as well. I sent out an update email to the Admissions committee and received an email saying they updated to my file. Should I have hope in hearing good news or accept that I may most likely may not be considered for acceptance?

If anyone or current UMB dental students could answer this question that would be great. I still have not heard back on my application status and I had my interview back in November. I've read how waves of acceptances, waitlist, and rejections have been sent out as well. I sent out an update email to the Admissions committee and received an email saying they updated to my file. Should I have hope in hearing good news or accept that I may most likely may not be considered for acceptance?

There is always a chance until you are rejected, but if its been this long then chances are you won’t hear good news from UMB. Good luck though!

I'm from Florida as well, I am going to be flying over and touring the apartments next month. I need to see the places before I make a decision especially being so far away.

I'm from Florida as well, I am going to be flying over and touring the apartments next month. I need to see the places before I make a decision especially being so far away.
I’m going to be doing the same thing, either end of April or early May. I’m from st Pete , what about you. Do you know where to look, or have any places in mind? I’ve only been there once

I’m going to be doing the same thing, either end of April or early May. I’m from st Pete , what about you. Do you know where to look, or have any places in mind? I’ve only been there once

Im from Miami, I’m looking at the places they’ve mentioned (redwood, Zenith, and Camden) some of these places have waiting lists so I want to take s look at them before I get on one.

Im from Miami, I’m looking at the places they’ve mentioned (redwood, Zenith, and Camden) some of these places have waiting lists so I want to take s look at them before I get on one.
Waiting lists....crap didn’t know that.

Last edited:
When i was looking at apartments I didn't have any issues with waitlists. Feel free to PM me if you guys need more help

Does anyone know when orientation is? I received an email saying we should plan to be settled in Baltimore by the time of orientation, but they never said when it was. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.