**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when orientation is? I received an email saying we should plan to be settled in Baltimore by the time of orientation, but they never said when it was. lol.
I thought I saw somewhere that orientation was Aug 13 and classes started 8/20. Does this sound right to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anybody know if the class is already filled for the upcoming semester?

Does anyone know when orientation is? I received an email saying we should plan to be settled in Baltimore by the time of orientation, but they never said when it was. lol.
August 15

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I saw somewhere that orientation was Aug 13 and classes started 8/20. Does this sound right to anyone else?
I believe dental hygiene students start orientation on 13th and we start on 15

I believe dental hygiene students start orientation on 13th and we start on 15
Last thing I received said they were sending me something around June first. And should go over everything. Would be nice to get it sooner.

Have they sent a new round of acceptances, waitlists/rejections at all? Haven't heard much from the office in over a month

Have they sent a new round of acceptances, waitlists/rejections at all? Haven't heard much from the office in over a month
These 2 or so weeks should be pretty fluid. Many of the people who are holding multiple deposits will need to pick their school after AADSAS releases that information.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users

I interviewed Feb. 21 and was accepted last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received Offer of Admission email 4/2
Was waitlisted 3/1
and interviewed 2/17.
Will be accepting! Good luck guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Crossing my fingers so tightly for more waitlist movement :xf:

Reactions: 2 users
Received Offer of Admission email 4/2
Was waitlisted 3/1
and interviewed 2/17.
Will be accepting! Good luck guys!
Congratulations! If you haven’t already join the FB page. Some good info, especially if your OOS and looking for a place to live. I’m OOS too

I interviewed on 2/27th, but have not heard back yet. Anyone who interviewed on the same day heard from the admissions? I was told that we will receive updates around late March and early April, but waiting is becoming very stressful...............

will be dropping my seat - best of luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
welp got officially rejected today. I knew it was coming but it still hurts :( (in-state)

I interviewed back in September and still haven’t had the first communication or email from the school since...is that normal? OOS applicant

I interviewed back in September and still haven’t had the first communication or email from the school since...is that normal? OOS applicant
Happened to me last cycle... if you havent heard back anything, or not even waitlisted, I say prepare for the worst...

welp got officially rejected today. I knew it was coming but it still hurts :( (in-state)
Yea know the feeling I got rejected by my instate school and I even went there for undergrad....did you get in anywhere else.

Yea know the feeling I got rejected by my instate school and I even went there for undergrad....did you get in anywhere else.

Yeah, thankfully I got in somewhere so it's not too bad. But I know people who don't have any acceptances and are banking on this school for the cycle, can't imagine how they feel as days go by.

Yeah, thankfully I got in somewhere so it's not too bad. But I know people who don't have any acceptances and are banking on this school for the cycle, can't imagine how they feel as days go by.
I got into Md and was one of my top choices so I was over being snubbed by my instate school. It’s a long stressful process, there are people on here that this was their 3rd try. Everything works out ...Good luck

I got into Md and was one of my top choices so I was over being snubbed by my instate school. It’s a long stressful process, there are people on here that this was their 3rd try. Everything works out ...Good luck

That's surprising because It looks like you have a stat that's more than good enough to get into your state school.

That being said, good luck to you as well; Maryland is an excellent school and you'll like it there.

Reactions: 1 users
That's surprising because It looks like you have a stat that's more than good enough to get into your state school.

That being said, good luck to you as well; Maryland is an excellent school and you'll like it there.
You never know exactly what the schools are looking for. There were people with lower stats than me that got into my state school, so go figure. I asked a Dr one time what were the best dental schools, he said the one you get into. No one ever asked where you went to school, they just want you to be gentle and good. Add a sparkling personality and you have the perfect dentist, :)

Last edited:
You never know exactly what the schools are looking for. There were people with lower stats than me that got into my state school, so go figure. I asked a Dr one time what where the best dental schools, he said the one you get into. No one ever asked where you went to school, they just want you to be gentle and good. Add a sparkling personality and you gave the perfect dentist, :)

"I asked a Dr one time what where the best dental schools, he said the one you get into."
PREACH!!!:claps:

Anyone still waiting for a response? I had an interview January 17th that went really well (at least I thought it did lol). I've called them numerously but keep getting the same response of "we will notify you of your standing in the following week". Any thoughts/tips?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still waiting for a response? I had an interview January 17th that went really well (at least I thought it did lol). I've called them numerously but keep getting the same response of "we will notify you of your standing in the following week". Any thoughts/tips?
I had my interview on Jan 30 and it went super well as well (to me) and I haven't heard back. I feel like at this point the class is full....and there's nothing we can do. Luckily I've gotten into other schools but if you haven't I guess I would just wait it out?

I had my interview on Jan 24th. I called them too and their response is my app still under consideration. I guess we just have to wait.

Hi, current D1 students at UMB, is the class and lab schedule pretty much 8-5 Mon-Fri? Or is there a day you get off a little earlier? I'm wondering about maybe working hygiene an evening a week during the school year...

Hi, current D1 students at UMB, is the class and lab schedule pretty much 8-5 Mon-Fri? Or is there a day you get off a little earlier? I'm wondering about maybe working hygiene an evening a week during the school year...
So I'm not a D1 but will be one this fall, and I was able to find this on the school website.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.41.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.41.45 AM.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 152
So I'm not a D1 but will be one this fall, and I was able to find this on the school website.
now that I look at that schedule, it seems waaaaay too easy... I feel like something must be missing! Guess we'll find out for sure in June (at least I hope the promised June correspondence includes a tentative class schedule!)

now that I look at that schedule, it seems waaaaay too easy... I feel like something must be missing! Guess we'll find out for sure in June (at least I hope the promised June correspondence includes a tentative class schedule!)
Yea that looks way too easy, would love that schedule LOL...hope that’s it but I’m not optimistic... I wish they would send out the paperwork sooner. I got everyone else’s right away. Want to know about physical and immunization requirements

Yea that looks way too easy, would love that schedule LOL...hope that’s it but I’m not optimistic... I wish they would send out the paperwork sooner. I got everyone else’s right away.
I had my interview on Jan 30 and it went super well as well (to me) and I haven't heard back. I feel like at this point the class is full....and there's nothing we can do. Luckily I've gotten into other schools but if you haven't I guess I would just wait it out?
You interviewed the same day as I did. And you got into other schools so the pressure is off somewhat and you can afford to wait. Did they waitlist you or just nothing. I heard that it could be as late as July to finalize the class. People still jumping. A friend of mine got into her school in July and had already found an apt at the other school. So things change up to the last minute...hope you hear soon.

Yea that looks way too easy, would love that schedule LOL...hope that’s it but I’m not optimistic... I wish they would send out the paperwork sooner. I got everyone else’s right away. Want to know about physical and immunization requirements
Did you guys miss seeing the two exams that week haha. There's two exams the next week as well, and two after that :)

Also there's a few hygienist at the school that work on the weekends here and there so it is doable

Did you guys miss seeing the two exams that week haha. There's two exams the next week as well, and two after that :)

Also there's a few hygienist at the school that work on the weekends here and there so it is doable
LOL, now that is a different story.... yep sounds like we are in for a ride... with no life..............

Is anyone considering living outside of Baltimore? If so, where? I’m bringing a car and might be up for a commute.

Is anyone considering living outside of Baltimore? If so, where? I’m bringing a car and might be up for a commute.
Did you join the FB page? it has some information on there. Im hoping the school sends us some information too, I know there are areas to stay away from.

My fiance and I are planning on living in Glen Bernie! Not too far away, but it's out of the city.

if you're up for commuting from outside the city, you can look up areas for UMBC students, UMBC is in Catonsville. I lived with my sister in Catonsville for a year when I was commuting to UMB for dental hygiene 11 yrs ago, it was very doable. Now I'm going to be commuting from north of Frederick... I would NOT recommend that, lol

That's our current spring schedule from last week. The fall schedule was slightly busier, and winter was by far the most busy/horrible time. In the winter from November to early March right before spring break, you have operative lab in the mornings and anatomy lab in the afternoons three times a week and it is a long day. After spring break the schedule winds down tremendously. We still have about 2 exams each week right now but it isn't as bad as it was in the winter. And for perio lab is broken up into groups so not everyone goes at the same time. Anatomy and operative labs have the entire class for the whole time (except operative lab will have one group at 8am and another at 10am while anatomy is the full class for the whole lab time), and dental anatomy lab in the fall splits the class into two groups by alphabet so each half of the class alternates lab days (Group A on Monday and Friday, Group B on Wednesday, and then switches the next week). You don't necessarily go from 8am-5pm every day. While class attendance is recommended, only some classes are mandatory attendance, while others you will find are easier to view on Mediasite in your own time. Most people in my class attend mandatory labs and mandatory classes and then you will see the attendance dwindle for classes that are not mandatory. So the day is not 8-5 every day. You WILL have about 2 exams every week though. That is one thing that makes the schedule seem "busy". D1 year is a lot of studying.

Last edited:

There are people in my class who commute from Howard County (Ellicott City/Columbia/Jessup/etc) and some who commute from Montgomery County (Rockville/Bethesda/Silver Spring), and some who commute from PG County (College Park) and even some who commute from Annapolis. The commute is do-able but it's up to you to figure out if it works for you. Most of the commuter students actually attend class more regularly than those who live in the downtown Baltimore city area closer to the school. The Lexington Street Garage right behind the school is the safest and where most commuters park. Lexington Market Garage is further and definitely not that safe, but some people park there. The rates for garage parking are not that bad.

Last edited:

There are definitely pros to living outside of the city. Downtown Baltimore gets very very noisy. A sample of noises include: ambulances (if you live in Camden Court right next to the fire department or Redwood on the other side of it) and the shock trauma helicopter (if you live in Zenith or Marlboro Classic you can hear the helicopter the most) and the light rail if you live in Centerpoint closer to the light rail... those are the noises you will hear at night mixed with the occasional car alarm going off, horns blaring from cars in traffic, people speaking loudly on the street. From most commuters in the upper classes, I have heard the thing they enjoy most about commuting is being able to leave the city at the end of the day. There are also pros to living close to school during your first year since a lot of classes require you to be at school and it's nice to have an apartment close by to come home to within walking distance after an exhausting day.

Status
Not open for further replies.