Official: Harvard 2008!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By popular demand, here is a copy of my FAQ.

Harvard Health Careers Program official website: http://www.extension.harvard.edu/hcp/

What pre-health programs does Harvard Extension School (HES) offer?

There are essentially three levels of involvement for post-bacc students:
  1. HES do-it-yourself. The courses you will take at HES generally are open enrollment. No need to apply, just register, pay, and show up. Go ahead and take whatever courses you lack. If you are handling the med school admissions process yourself or through your undergrad school, this makes the most sense, and this is what most people do.
  2. Health Careers Program (HCP). You have to apply for acceptance, but getting in is straightforward and easy if your academic record is good, and still possible even if it is not. You pay a fee, and upon your fulfilling the requirements, the program officially sponsors you, which primarily includes writing a composite letter of recommendation. Being in the program may also qualify you for certain loans.
  3. Diploma. HCP students who have never taken any of the four core sciences (biology, physics, general chemistry, organic chemistry) can additionally enroll in the diploma program, which grants a diploma upon completion. The principal purpose of this is as a loophole to allow some students to have the official status of “in a degree or certificate program,” which scores you a Harvard ID, various university privileges, possibly certain tax advantages, etc.
What does it cost?

Not much. Currently a 4-credit single-semester course costs $900 for core sciences with labs or $700 for advanced courses. Summer courses are much more.

What courses will I take?

Whatever you need. Unless you have already taken them, you will need, before applying to medical school, at least the four core science courses:
  • Physics
  • General Chemistry
  • Organic Chemistry
  • Biology
Each of these is two semesters long and has a lab included within the course.

Those applying to, say, nursing school, may need less. Those with poor academic records seeking a higher GPA may choose to retake any of these, or to take advanced courses. Biochemistry is a common choice for the glide year before med school, and there are several advanced biology courses to choose from, such as genetics, neurobiology, and immunology.

What are the prerequisites?

Check the course description and syllabus for the official word. Generally HES will do nothing to prevent you from enrolling in a course, and it is up to you to decide whether you are truly prepared. Here are some guidelines for core sciences:
  • Gen Chem — Just algebra.
  • Physics — Your algebra and trig should be strong. Calculus is NOT necessary.
  • Orgo — Gen Chem minus the math.
  • Biology — First semester is chemistry-intensive, so Gen Chem is a huge help. Second semester, not so much, and is relatively independent.
What about summer school?

http://www.summer.harvard.edu/

Each of the core science courses is offered as an intensive summer course through Harvard Summer School (not HES). For example, chem-s1 is a single eight-week course equivalent to two semesters of general chemistry; it is offered in the daytime, and is taken by roughly equal portions of high school students, undergrads, and post-baccs. You pay quite a bit more (currently $4550, versus $1800 for two semesters at HES). You also get a Harvard ID and may be eligible for on-campus summer housing. Biochemistry and a few other single-semester advanced biology courses are offered at night over the same period (currently $2275 each). Summer courses are equivalent to HES courses for purposes of the HCP and the diploma program.

What order should I take my courses?

As for the core sciences, it is strongly recommended that general chemistry precede organic chemistry and biology. Therefore, most career-changing pre-meds follow a two-year plan:
  1. Physics, Gen Chem
  2. Biology, Orgo
That much is sufficient to take the MCAT and begin applying to med school. Those needing, say, Calculus or English, should be able to take them during the glide year.

If you’re a real gunner with no need for employment, or if you’ve already taken any of the core sciences, you may also consider a one-year plan, such as either of these:
  • summer Gen Chem; then Physics, Bio, & Orgo
  • Gen Chem, Physics, & Bio; then summer Orgo and a late MCAT
Core sciences are generally scheduled to allow this. The one thing you can’t do is take general and organic chemistry at the same time.

On the other hand, many students work full-time and take just one course at a time over a period of several years.

A good rule of thumb is that each core science (with lab) will demand about 15-20 hrs/wk for a strong student, so it would be dangerous to attempt more than three at once, or two with a part-time job, or one with a full-time job. Many full-time students have their hands full with just two core sciences.

When are classes?

Check the online catalog. Extension classes are scheduled with working people in mind. Not counting summer courses, core sciences are all at night, with lectures currently 6-9 or 7:35-9:35. Besides exams, only labs are mandatory attendance, with times around 7:30 available. Labs, discussion sections, and reviews offer multiple options in most of these classes, often including night, afternoon, and weekend offerings.

Who will my classmates be?

Aside from summer courses, HES pre-med classes are mostly taken by post-bacc students. Class sizes for core sciences are typically over two hundred, though advanced courses are much smaller. A majority of the students are in their mid 20’s and are working, but there is plenty of diversity.

What is the attrition rate?

Easy come, easy go. Open enrollment welcomes many who just want to take the first steps toward medicine without committing to a formal post-bacc program, and many soon decide that it is not for them. Many are also surprised by the difficulty and intensity of courses (it is Harvard, after all). Within the HCP, though, attrition is considerably lower.

Are there linkages to medical schools?

No.

What access do students have to facilities?

Generally, HES students can go wherever the tourists can go, plus certain libraries. To enter Cabot library in the science center you must present your HES registration form. You can also request access to the reading room (but not the stacks) at Widener, and can enter some libraries (e.g. Lamont) as a guest of someone else with a Harvard ID.

Those with a Harvard ID, including diploma candidates, summer students, and Harvard-affiliated employees, can not only enter all the libraries, but check out books too, and can even use the gyms.

All registered students can get a computer network logon and an email account (so you can join the Harvard network on Facebook!).

Pre-meds tend to congregate in Cabot library, or generally anywhere in the science center, which is open all hours.

If I move there, where should I live?

You will have to find a place yourself, so start checking craigslist and studentdoctor.net or find a good realtor. Expect urban prices. Most people recommend leaving your car behind and relying on public transportation, i.e., “the T” or MBTA, so a good choice, besides the vicinity of Harvard’s main campus, would be anywhere convenient to the red line (which would not include Brookline or Harvard Medical School).

Members don't see this ad.

From the bottom of the sponsorship page at ...
http://www.extension.harvard.edu/2007-08/programs/hcp/sponsor/

In addition to the core prerequisites (biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics), to apply to medical school you must complete or have completed the following:
  • One year of college math (through calculus), which is a prerequisite for some medical schools.
  • One year of English. This requirement can be satisfied by taking one expository writing course and one other English course, such as English literature.
  • You may wish to take other relevant courses if you completed the required premedical courses with honors grades during the past three to five years, but need to acquire additional credits. See Medical Sciences.

Does having any of these incomplete at the time of your HES HCP application have an effect on acceptance? I realize for med school apps I will probably have to take them, but I'm concerned with actually getting into the HCP program first.

I have 1 semester of college calc, but no other math. For english, I was exempt in my undergrad program due to my ACT scores (who would have thought that would come back to haunt me), and I'm hoping this won't be an issue.

For actually getting into the HCP, is it solely based on undergrad GPA? I lack any clinical/volunteer experience, was a business major in college, and have 2 years of business experience. My complete lack of anything medical related is what is preventing me from applying to Bryn Mawr, Scripps, Goucher, etc. Is getting in really as easy as applying and having a halfway decent undergrad GPA? Or does one have to prove interest in medicine like other post-bacs?

From my understanding, they look at your GPA and any prior standardize test scores to see if it is feasible/worth your time to begin the process. They also have standards that one must meet in order to obtain sponsorship. I believe that the reference to math and english is merely for our benefit, so that we know now what medical schools will require, so that we can work out whatever issues may exist in our applcation (to med school) now.

My experience with HCP/HES is that they treat you like an adult. They will answer any and all questions that you ask them. They will provide you with an opportunity to prepare for secondaries many months in advance. The school will provide you with a tremendous foundation in the basic sciences and for the MCAT. What they will not do is come to you to see if you have any questions, to see if you are adequately preparing the ground work for your application to medical school, or to see if you are having difficulty with your courses. Many of the students in this program do not have a background coming in that is sufficent for application to medical school on day one. That is what your time in a post bac is for.

Depending on your GPA, yes, getting into HCP can be that easy. Staying in is where the real effort is lies.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 1 semester of college calc, but no other math. For english, I was exempt in my undergrad program due to my ACT scores (who would have thought that would come back to haunt me), and I'm hoping this won't be an issue.

I am in a similar situation with english and math. Could someone weigh in on whether I will need to add this to my list of coursework while at HES? Thanks!

You will likely need English. As for math - it depends on medical school. Most schools dont require it, but some require a bit of math (usually 1-2 semesters of calc, some strongly recommend Statistics).

Hello all,

In previous years’ threads, students starting HES in the fall were often advised to start looking for housing around May or June.

Q: Does the same advice hold for students starting in the summer?

Also, students are often advised to leave cars at home due to hassles associated with having them in Cambridge.

Q: Would the same be true regarding motorcycles? I’ll be coming in from Alaska, and I’m toying the idea of taking a bit of time and riding my bike across country.

TIA

With respect to housing, we have a ton of colleges in the area and many of the students move out in the May/June time period. As you might suspect, your options will increase greatly as a result.

I think having a motorcycle would be a great idea. You can park much more easily. I've been fortunate to have traveled by car across this country several times and I highly recommend the journey. It is amazing how much this country has to offer and how much of it we miss traveling by plane.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response, Moki.

I have a few questions for you current/former HES HCP students...

1) What's the social dynamic? I would be an out-of-stater with no ties to Boston ... Are most students relatively local? Or is the atmosphere at least somewhat like college?

2) I realize that everyone in the diploma program lacks any of the pre-reqs, but how common is a lack of volunteering/clinical experience? That is asked for on the application, but, as a career changer, I've done nothing but talk with family members in medicine so far.

3) Leading off that first question, do advisers assist students with securing volunteering/clinical experience? I realize Boston is full of hospitals, but, with all the colleges, I'm sure it's full of pre-meds as well, and I would guess these positions are relatively competitive.

4) I've seen the ~90% med school success rate statistic for those that complete the diploma program thrown around quite a bit, but haven't seen a link that supports that. Where does this number come from?

5) Finally, are the advisers open about answering questions before application? I realize they can't tell me whether I would be accepted or not without an application, but before spending time and $100, I wouldn't mind asking a few additional questions.

Thanks.

1) There are a lot of student that live and/or in the area. Due to the intensity of the experience, there are ample opportunities to bond. I've met many wonderful people over the last year and a half.

2) Don't worry if you have no volunteer/clinical experience at present. It won't make or break your application to HCP. The people in this program have very varied backgrounds, so it runs the gamut. Also, don't feel that your response on the HCP app has to be limited to medically related experiences. List any volunteer work you have done. Little old lady across the street. . . . Obviously, the criteria for med school is a bit different.

3) I didn't get assistance from HCP for my volunteer work. The local hospitals, etc.. . can easily accommodate all of us. You'll find a niche. Generally speaking, your fellow students are a great resource for suggestions.

4) I don't believe that they post that info anywhere. Run a search on the 2007 and 2006 Harvard sub-forums. I seem to recall a full discussion on this matter. You could always call HCP.

5) In my experience, they are very open and patient. Write down your questions and call. They are very nice.

Anyone know a good course thats somewhat easy for the SUMMER? not looking to take lab classes.

also, do extension students get GYM access?

Look up at post #53.

A friend of mine took neurobiology over the summer and really enjoyed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
just registered for neuro..now i have to find a place to rent...i hate the city living, everything is too old fashioned.

Hello all - just made the decision to do the HCP program for this coming fall and I'm pretty stoked. The only real downside right now is knowing you're going to be quitting your job 4-5 months ahead of when you actually quit. It makes it tough to stay motivated at the ole' 9-5.

I suppose the next step is to get a place locked down in Boston. It seems like it makes sense to try and find a roommate that is in the same program so I know that they at least have a decent head on their shoulders and will be on the same schedule as me. Anyone in the same boat looking for a roommate? Or for that matter, is there anyone currently living in NYC that will be starting the program in the fall? Send me a PM and introduce yourself!

Looking forward to meeting everyone -

Don't get discouraged and don't necessarily settle for a place now. A lot of places open up for June, since a ton of students move in May.

Not discouraged at all - coming from New York I can easily say that no place can possibly hold a candle to the housing market there. I'm sure I'll find something that does the job - just trying to get ahead of the game and meet some folks beforehand.

Hello everyone,

I got my acceptance letter today - I'm excited!

If there are other New Yorkers out there (or anyone at all, for that matter) interested in apartment hunting over the next few months, hit me up - [email protected]

I've never been to the Boston area but I plan to trek out there within the next few weeks.

Last thing - this might sound childish and dumb - but I'm a bit worried about how I'll adjust to my new, future city. As a born-and-bred New Yorker, I noticed that anytime I spend several weeks outside this city, I get really homesick. And yet, I can't wait to get out of here! Yikes! Such a love-hate relationship - anyone else sorta-kinda-even a tinsy-winsy bit feeling this way? It'll make me feel a whole lot better!

i'm prettyexcited too, but i wish i could get the gym membership at Harvard. You need an ID and HCP students dont get one!!!

You might get it for the summer, since you will be enrolled through Harvard and not Harvard Extension. I also seem to recall someone from one of the campus gyms mentioning gym memberships for HES students. There was a cost associated with it. Call the gyms and ask. Another option is a Bally's up the street in Porter Square. Their memberships are good nationwide. In addition, there are a number of other gyms in the area. Many options. . . . .

since we're all introducing ourselves, thought i would do so as well. :) i'll be attending this fall as well and am in search for an apartment/roommate. if anyone is interested, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]

a little bit about me:
would like to find a fe/male roommate who studies hard; knows when to buckle down and study but likes to have fun once in awhile; neat/laid back; respects one's privacy and belongings; enjoys the little pleasures in life. :)

a bit about me: 22; laid back; born and raised cali girl; big on sweatpants; outgoing and social but would like to concentrate on studying for the next two years; worked in the film industry and now attempting to finish HCP with stellar grades!

don't hesitate to shoot me an email if you have any questions!

Anyone have an idea whether you apply for the HCP program first or the extension school first than the HCP?

You can take classes without being part of HCP. The timing of your application to HCP only becomes an issue in the year before you intend to apply. With that said, HCP prefers that you apply earlier rather than later, so that they have the opportunity to get to know you. For more information, please see post #53 above.

Hi Everyone - Just want to introduce myself. I am starting Harvard in the Fall as well. I am relocating from NY, and looking for a roommate/apartment.

I am 23 years old (female), long distance runner, been involved in research in pediatric oncology for the past year...

Looking for roomate(s) in similar situation

I don't know anything really about the area. I've lived in NY my entire life, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

is the 2 year program what most students do? i'm asking b/c if i do the basic 2 year program then i would only be replacing BCPM grades. I have graduated with 120 credits and i have many other science classes that i have taken like nutrition, genetics, etc.

I plan on going to DO schools, so replacing grades is what counts rather than averaging them like MD schools.

is the 2 year program what most students do? i'm asking b/c if i do the basic 2 year program then i would only be replacing BCPM grades. I have graduated with 120 credits and i have many other science classes that i have taken like nutrition, genetics, etc.

I plan on going to DO schools, so replacing grades is what counts rather than averaging them like MD schools.

Most students do the 2 year program, however if you already have your pre-reqs and you're going DO then you can pick and choose classes in hopes of replacing previous grades - the outlined curriculum isn't mandatory. Just FYI, 120 credits isn't that much - that's the same as your average undergrad degree plan - your GPA can still move a good bit before you run into a problem of having too many hours.

Hello,

I would like to take some courses this summer. What would be alternatives to Harvard Summer School? I am thinking about something maybe a little bit cheaper?

Any suggestions about other schools that offer good night courses in the summer? I am thinking about a biology or math course, or maybe both.

Thanks

Take a look at UMass Boston. They offer Bio during the summer, both during the day and at night. The price is also comparable to HES during the year. Believe it or not, UMass is a little higher.

Thank you to everyone for all of your posts. They are extremely helpful.

I have a question about sponsorship.. I'm still learning about the medical school application process so bear with me please :)

I was accepted to the HCP program for the fall, and I was also accepted to a few other post-bacc programs. I was originally set on HCP, but now I am a bit torn about sponsorship... if, perhaps I did not earn sponsorship (due to low MCAT score), would it still be possible to apply to Medical schools? And if so, how would I go about doing that if HCP does not sponsor me?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you to everyone for all of your posts. They are extremely helpful.

I have a question about sponsorship.. I'm still learning about the medical school application process so bear with me please :)

I was accepted to the HCP program for the fall, and I was also accepted to a few other post-bacc programs. I was originally set on HCP, but now I am a bit torn about sponsorship... if, perhaps I did not earn sponsorship (due to low MCAT score), would it still be possible to apply to Medical schools? And if so, how would I go about doing that if HCP does not sponsor me?

Thanks in advance!

I applied to med school without sponsorship due to timing issues. Instead of sending the HCP office your letters of rec, you just send them directly to the schools. Can you use your undergraduate pre-med office? Most applications ask why you aren't using your school's pre-med office, however I explained why I couldn't use my undergrad's or HCP's offices and never heard one complaint.

Hello,

I would like to take some courses this summer. What would be alternatives to Harvard Summer School? I am thinking about something maybe a little bit cheaper?

Any suggestions about other schools that offer good night courses in the summer? I am thinking about a biology or math course, or maybe both.

Thanks

Just a warning - I wouldn't take Fixsen's bio course over the summer. It's bad enough spaced out over a year and will really help you prepare for the MCAT. In the summer, the time crunch forces him to skip stuff or go into less detail.

There are some good summer classes at the college - for math I would suggest stats (night course IIRC).

For those of you accepted into the HCP, when/what did you get (for) follow up after the initial letter confirming receipt of application and acceptance? Or do you just go straight into registering? Additionally, for those of you in the diploma program, did you receive any separate notice regarding this before you started?

Thanks.

I'm hoping to start the HCP program in the fall (application in a few weeks ago and still haven't heard !). I was wondering what people who have already been accepted are planning to do about working while taking classes. I have a finance job right now that's pretty demanding, and I don't know that I could keep working here if I got into the program. What are you guys planning to do? How are you planning on balancing work with academics? Suggestions on a good place to look for a lab-type job if I get in?

I am planning on starting the HCP in the fall. I sent in my app about a week ago and am really hoping for sponsorship. I am concerned about calculus...has anybody been sponsored or accepted without taking it? The schools I will be applying to don't require it..BU, UMass, Tufts. However, it sounds like HES requires you take it.

I look forward to meeting everyone in the fall:)

For those of you accepted into the HCP, when/what did you get (for) follow up after the initial letter confirming receipt of application and acceptance? Or do you just go straight into registering? Additionally, for those of you in the diploma program, did you receive any separate notice regarding this before you started?

Thanks.

HCP is fairly hands off. I personally did not receive anything in addition from them until early this year in prep for med school app. You should feel free to go directly to registration. If you have any specific questions, call them. They are very open.

Sorry - I am unable to comment on the dipolma program.

I'm hoping to start the HCP program in the fall (application in a few weeks ago and still haven't heard !). I was wondering what people who have already been accepted are planning to do about working while taking classes. I have a finance job right now that's pretty demanding, and I don't know that I could keep working here if I got into the program. What are you guys planning to do? How are you planning on balancing work with academics? Suggestions on a good place to look for a lab-type job if I get in?

I'm in the program and I work full time and volunteer. Simply put, it is a lot. Physics and Chem are doable while working, but I would not recommend trying to do the same with Orgo and Bio at HES. The courses are very demanding intellectually and from a time sink perspective. As for lab-type jobs, I would start looking at all of the surrounding hospitals and acedemic institutions. I suspect that they will be posting now for the summer and beyond. It all depends on your backgrounnd and what you can sell them on. Good luck.

Hey guys. Has anybody heard about the difficulty with the upper level medical sciences courses?

I'm planning on taking four in the Fall: Immunology I, Human Phys I, Human Pathophys II, and Epidemiology.

Any response would be great. Thanks for your time.

From what I have heard, Immunology is challenging. If Human Phys I is the course held on Saturdays, I heard it wasn't all that great and not as challenging as many of the other science courses. I don't know anything about the other two. I hope someone else chimes in for you.

I am planning on starting the HCP in the fall. I sent in my app about a week ago and am really hoping for sponsorship. I am concerned about calculus...has anybody been sponsored or accepted without taking it? The schools I will be applying to don't require it..BU, UMass, Tufts. However, it sounds like HES requires you take it.

I look forward to meeting everyone in the fall:)

Yes. It is highly recommended by most, if not all, med schools, which is why HES lists it. It would probably be in your best interest to consider taking it at some point before you enter med school. With the competition as fierce as it is, why give them any excuse?

Yes. It is highly recommended by most, if not all, med schools, which is why HES lists it. It would probably be in your best interest to consider taking it at some point before you enter med school. With the competition as fierce as it is, why give them any excuse?

Actually, calc is only recommended by a handful and required by three or four. You can check the MSAR for details.

And I've also heard human phys isn't all that demanding.

I'm sure this is obvious and has been asked many times, but the amount of courses required for sponsorship is based on the undergrad CUMULATIVE gpa? Not the science gpa?

Thanks

For those of you currently in the program, what is your estimate for the Boston/non-Boston mix? The program sounds great and fits well with my goals, but I'm concerned that, as an extension school without a formal program, I might feel out of place being out-of-state and having no ties to Boston. I'm just curious as to what the view on this is from current/former students.

I'm sure this is obvious and has been asked many times, but the amount of courses required for sponsorship is based on the undergrad CUMULATIVE gpa? Not the science gpa?

Thanks

I believe that it is cumulative.

For those of you currently in the program, what is your estimate for the Boston/non-Boston mix? The program sounds great and fits well with my goals, but I'm concerned that, as an extension school without a formal program, I might feel out of place being out-of-state and having no ties to Boston. I'm just curious as to what the view on this is from current/former students.

People come from all over the country. I think we have a fair number from the west coast completing the pre-reqs this year. As far as I can tell, most people don't know one another when they come in, so you'll be in the same boat. Most of the bonding that occurs early on is established through collaboration on the problem sets. If you want to make connections, you will be able to. However, you will need to make the effort, since there are no "organized" events for that purpose. You'll be fine. I've met some amazing people over the past two years.

has anyone been accepted as a sponsorship candidate and in the end not met thier requirements. for example, if they require you to get a 30 on the MCAT and you get a 29.

Hey guys,

I'm starting at HES in the fall. I'm moving from California and planning on getting there two weeks before classes start. If anyone is looking for a roommate let me know. I'm 23, a guy, and will room with guys or girls. Can't wait to meet all of you!

Hey guys,

I'll be making the big move from business to premed (and from NY to Boston) in the fall and am very excited! Just had a couple of questions for everyone. Do most people work while doing the program, or is volunteering a better idea? Should I start this right away, or is it a beter idea to start classes first and see how demanding the work-load is? I'm trying to figure out if I should try and arrange anything in advance of coming to Boston. I've seen some posts indicating that it's a bad idea to work while attending the program (due to the coarse-load) but I also have heard that experience in lab work or medical research is really important. Any thoughts on this? Also, I would love to get acquainted with some of you guys who will be starting in the fall and I am looking for a roomate as well (I am 24 male and am really just looking for somewhere relatively near to campus thats not too expensive). Thanks guys.

People come from all over the country. I think we have a fair number from the west coast completing the pre-reqs this year. As far as I can tell, most people don't know one another when they come in, so you'll be in the same boat. Most of the bonding that occurs early on is established through collaboration on the problem sets. If you want to make connections, you will be able to. However, you will need to make the effort, since there are no "organized" events for that purpose. You'll be fine. I've met some amazing people over the past two years.

Misery loves company - you'll almost inevitably end up forming study groups with friends. :) I only know a handful of people who came to the program knowing each other - it's pretty rare in my experience.

Are LOR's needed for this HCP program?

Hi CrazyLikeAFox, I'm new to SDN/Post Bach program too but I'm so happy you posted this thread. I wanted to get to know the HES/HCP people in the forum too.

I started this Fall ('07) at Harvard Extension School (only took 1 class Bio, did well) so now in the Spring I'l be taking Math and Bio while working full time. (currently trying to figure out volunteer opportunities where I can interpret since I've done it for 8 years in RI and CA)

I'm a low GPA person, went to an Ivy league (where my poor HS background destroyed by undergrad GPA) trying to battle back in the Pre-Med GPA game like MaxPrime. I hope to get to know others like Maxprime so we can rally together and kick HES-HCP butt :)

Are you moving to Boston or are you already here?

Hey, I had a question. I'm a low gpa person too but I've already taken my Pre med courses and did really badly. Is this program for people like me or for nontraditional students who are new to the Pre-med game and have never taken the courses before.

Thanks!