Official: Countdown until July 13th score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sheldor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember back in the day when I took my MCAT there was a thread like this that helped the time pass faster. We know that we are all neurotic, but sometimes sharing those neurosis can make things just a little better!

T-minus 36 days...

I took this mess today, and I really wished that when they handed me that sheet of paper after the test it had my score on it. Lucky GRE takers...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
One week from tomorrow!! I bet a lot of us are starting third year today so I bet this next week will go by quicker than the rest of them.

Man, hearing you guys talk about the possibility of them coming out tomorrow makes me nervous though!

Anyone else feel weird that once we find out its so, I don't know, final?

Members don't see this ad :)
The link to my permit disappeared as of this morning.

Anyone know if this is a sign that my score could be out tomorrow? Looking for any info at all right now.

The link to my permit disappeared as of this morning.

Anyone know if this is a sign that my score could be out tomorrow? Looking for any info at all right now.

Mine disappeared on 7/1, though this was also the day after my registration window was complete.

uh oh.
We should see how this works out.

Sheldor, is your permit available? Let's see if any of us get scores tomorrow.
(At this point, waiting a week more won't matter, but it's fun to test out these hypotheses)

Most likely. My window is till 7/31 and I still have the print permit link available.

Most likely. My window is till 7/31 and I still have the print permit link available.
yea my window is may-june-july so until july 31 i guess....

i cant believe that we are like done with step 1.. i remember being on the premed forums, stressing over the MCAT... and the pre-step1 time... and now we are again waiting for scores to come out that will decide our futures.

So, tomorrow is a possibility. The thing you have to ask yourself is do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I know I don't. :(

So, tomorrow is a possibility. The thing you have to ask yourself is do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I know I don't. :(

No worries. We -- all of us frequent flyers in this thread -- will be okay. :thumbup:

I told myself originally that I wanted >240. After the test, I said I'd sleep okay at night with a >230. At this point, the only things that would really surprise me are the 210s or 245+.

Oh, and I can't print the permit anymore -- but my window also ended last month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would we already have changes on our NBME sites? (Nothing here).

i don't think so. midnight seems to be the time for change with the Request Documents. i'm praying it's tomorrow. the fact that if it's not (and let's be real, it's not), that means that unquestionably it'll be the 13th. no delaying the inevitable. i'd rather be surprised...

damn it, speedy! i guess you're living up to your handle...
also just for the hell of it, i checked my request docs...no changes

You should check at midnight EST as that's when the change occurs as thought by SDN popular knowledge.

the fact that if it's not (and let's be real, it's not), that means that unquestionably it'll be the 13th.

IMHO, not at all unquestionable that it will be the 13th... that's just the "target date." And in my standardized testing experience, target dates are often not met.

hehe, so did I. Of course nothing on my end either. I just want to know if I passed. :scared:

i cant stay up til midnight checking... i need to make it to surgery at 7am tomorrow......

IMHO, not at all unquestionable that it will be the 13th... that's just the "target date." And in my standardized testing experience, target dates are often not met.

I'm away from my computer so I can't add any data from my NBME log in, but I will in a bit.

I know two years ago after a delay they released on the target date because my friend got his score that day. Anyone know if they had a delay last year and if they held to it?

Edit: Got to a computer and checked and apparently my window is through the end of July so I can still print my permit. No address in the request documents section, but of course its not past 12 EST so thats not surprising...

Man I hope I get my score tomorrow!

Last edited:
i cant stay up til midnight checking... i need to make it to surgery at 7am tomorrow......

surg starts at 7 for you? that's some serious sleeping in you can do. i have to be rounding on OB at 6. dur

Anyone on here already out of there window period and still have a blue hyperlink to print their permit?

If so, I think I might be getting my score tomorrow. If not, it's another week to go....

I took the test on 6/7. My window is still open, and I can still print a permit. I have nothing in request documents.

Eight eight eight!

I'm not going to put false hope into getting scores tomorrow. NBME/USMLE is a huge organization with many moving parts. It seems unlikely that they would accomplish something an entire week earlier than they expected to.

I don't know about the score delay last year, other than that our assistant Dean said something cryptic along the lines of "they have a delay every year, you won't be getting scores before the 13th."

does anyone know what time scores will be posted on july 13? is it midnight? or sometime during the day? (eastern time/central/pacific??)

does anyone know what time scores will be posted on july 13? is it midnight? or sometime during the day? (eastern time/central/pacific??)

My understanding is that sometime in the mid/late morning hours, you'll receive an email saying that your scores will be available at such-and-such time online. Not sure if that's the case though.

As far as tomorrow or not... I'm not sure I understand how test item modification would require double the time to score and account for potentially "bad" questions / etc. Hey, it's already been five weeks for me.

My understanding is that sometime in the mid/late morning hours, you'll receive an email saying that your scores will be available at such-and-such time online. Not sure if that's the case though.

As far as tomorrow or not... I'm not sure I understand how test item modification would require double the time to score and account for potentially "bad" questions / etc. Hey, it's already been five weeks for me.

They send you a warning shot email of sorts at 10:30 am and the scores go up at 11 am.

It's been almost 2 months for me lol

Also, does anyone know if you can access your score report off of the NBME website on an iphone? I would rather not pull up my report in the not so private student room on my surgery service.

....actually if I click Review Document Request History it seems to be different...let me know if anyone else thinks the same

At the top it says "Click a Reference ID below to view your original request, view additional processing details, and print the forms that may be required to fulfill your request."

Beneath that, it shows boxes with "Reference ID," "Submission Date," and "Status" and underneath those boxes it says "There is no history."

has it always said that? b/c i don't remember it saying that and i've check fairly regularly

So I was curious, when NBME sends you an email about your score being available, do they just email you a link to get your score, or do they actually email your score and pass/fail status? I've heard both ways, but no one knew for sure that I've spoken with...

Thanks!

Bryan

So I was curious, when NBME sends you an email about your score being available, do they just email you a link to get your score, or do they actually email your score and pass/fail status? I've heard both ways, but no one knew for sure that I've spoken with...

Thanks!

Bryan

I've heard that it was just a link to go get your score.

mine has now changed within the last hour to these exact same changes. none of this was there earlier this evening.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks it has changed haha...

It's not the "classic" changes that were described in the 2011 score report thread by funnyboy though:

"Hey, Fillabuster! Thanks for the response. So, I did some searching on SDN and found out how you can tell if you are getting your scores on Wednesday. You log on to your NBME account, and on the left there is a tab labeled "request documents." If your scores are scheduled to come out today, then it will have all your contact information etc. when you click this tab. If your results are not ready, it will display a message telling you that no scores are available because not enough time has elapsed since test day etc. (I got this message at 11:50PM and it switched over to the message with my contact info at midnight EST)."

At the top it says "Click a Reference ID below to view your original request, view additional processing details, and print the forms that may be required to fulfill your request."

Beneath that, it shows boxes with "Reference ID," "Submission Date," and "Status" and underneath those boxes it says "There is no history."

has it always said that? b/c i don't remember it saying that and i've check fairly regularly

Mine definitely hasn't changed and doesn't look like this. I took mine on June 20th. Could be an early sign for you guys!

Mine definitely hasn't changed and doesn't look like this. I took mine on June 20th. Could be an early sign for you guys!

Me neither. On another note, I'm on overnight call right now and instead of sleeping I thought of Step 1...and came directly to SDN. :scared:

I have also had the same changes. I took my test 6/18 btw. I don't think this necessarily means we're getting the scores any earlier than those whose screens have not changed.