Official: Countdown until July 13th score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sheldor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember back in the day when I took my MCAT there was a thread like this that helped the time pass faster. We know that we are all neurotic, but sometimes sharing those neurosis can make things just a little better!

T-minus 36 days...

I took this mess today, and I really wished that when they handed me that sheet of paper after the test it had my score on it. Lucky GRE takers...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Someone who has received their score should post what it looks like (obviously black out what identifies them of course)...

sorry for the confusion guys.. i only start at 7am today bc we have lecture from 7-9am. otherwise i believe rounds are aat 630am... so prerounding at... 530? lol havent done that yet.. maybe tomorrow...

Members don't see this ad :)
My document request history looks like what was described a little earlier. However, my request document doesn't show an address so I don't know what that means.

Although it sounds like only some of us have the different screen for "document request history"? Maybe that means todays the day?

I've heard of people getting scores back on the last few Wednesdays.. not on here though.

My document request history looks like what was described a little earlier. However, my request document doesn't show an address so I don't know what that means.

Although it sounds like only some of us have the different screen for "document request history"? Maybe that means todays the day?

Same here. Regardless of the lack of Request Docs I'm still going to be anxiously checking my email today

The request documents tab doesn't have anything special yet BUT the tab for where my scheduling permit was is gone. I guess if I get the email in half an hour I'll find out.

The request documents tab doesn't have anything special yet BUT the tab for where my scheduling permit was is gone. I guess if I get the email in half an hour I'll find out.

What was your exam window? It seems that people who've had theirs closed no longer have the link to scheduling permit

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna hold out hope until noon. But that's only bc I'm feeling optimistic today

I'm awesome at holding out hope when I shouldn't. Right now it's, "Maybe they are staggering the release since there are more scores than usual."

Ya, probably going to be next week, haha

so the count down continues for everyone .atleast 5 of my friends are waiting for their results and none of us got the result today so waiting till next wednesday.it would be hard for anyone not getting the results next week as well.(not convinced all results all over the world would b dispatched next week)

Well looks like Doomsday is officially July 13th. Damn

They need 1 more week because we all crushed the exam! They are trying to comprehend the greatness that 2013 showed on the exam.

So will the change/score come at midnight Tuesday or 10:30am EST Wednesday? I'm confused by the timeline, and don't want to stay up late on Tuesday for no reason.

the usmle website says the "target date" will be July 13... I don't think I can handle another week if this turns out to be just a missed target followed by more delay....

Lets all remember the May 18'ers out there (i.e. myself) and how long I've had to wait. A riot would be too kind :)

I remember walking out of the center, I had that confirmation paper they give you. I read on the bottom something about it taking 4-8 weeks for the score to be released. I remember thinking, damn 8 weeks that would suck. Two days later I read there is a delay.

the usmle website says the "target date" will be July 13... I don't think I can handle another week if this turns out to be just a missed target followed by more delay....

Someone said earlier that delays happen pretty much every year or so at some point. Do we know if they routinely miss target dates?

I remember walking out of the center, I had that confirmation paper they give you. I read on the bottom something about it taking 4-8 weeks for the score to be released. I remember thinking, damn 8 weeks that would suck. Two days later I read there is a delay.

Well, in all fairness, the delay was announced long before we took the test.

Nah last year they released on the target date, no delays.

i will be mentally and emotionally broken if i don't get the email on the 13th

the longer they make me wait more forums i read and more anxiety I feel.just like yesterday in some wierd calculations i made it dawned on me that to break 250s u need to miss not more than 22-25 questions and for 260 not more than 16 questions and for a 270 not more than 10 questions.now it seems that getting good scores is toooo difficult.(my epic calculations are based on some nbme scores like this guy who had missed 6 qs on nbme 11 and got 271 and 9 on nbme 12 and had a 264 then in real deal he managed 270.and my own with 14 missed qs on nbme 7 i had a 258 and my friends who got 235 on nbme 11 with 29 and another one who got 226 with 35 missed questions)...i wished so much that i got my results yesterday to avoid agony of making all these calculations(not under my control just compulsive)

I'm 99.9% sure that the curves on the real deal are not nearly as harsh as the ones on the NBMEs.....so please don't freak other people out with your brilliant calculations

thats what i am hoping as well but some solid reasoning would really help(a little more solid than you being 99.9 percent sure)

the longer they make me wait more forums i read and more anxiety I feel.just like yesterday in some wierd calculations i made it dawned on me that to break 250s u need to miss not more than 22-25 questions and for 260 not more than 16 questions and for a 270 not more than 10 questions.now it seems that getting good scores is toooo difficult.(my epic calculations are based on some nbme scores like this guy who had missed 6 qs on nbme 11 and got 271 and 9 on nbme 12 and had a 264 then in real deal he managed 270.and my own with 14 missed qs on nbme 7 i had a 258 and my friends who got 235 on nbme 11 with 29 and another one who got 226 with 35 missed questions)...i wished so much that i got my results yesterday to avoid agony of making all these calculations(not under my control just compulsive)

I suggest Valium.

Solution to your problems.. http://www.amazon.com/Pine-Pro-Bird-House-Kit/dp/B000BUXYAM

:smuggrin:

Hey guys, never posted on here before, but wanted to dispel some fears (I'm in the same boat as everyone here, having taken it on 6/14):

@creative1982: there's no way in hell the scale is the same. First of all, you can't go by the number wrong because there are 322 questions on step 1 vs. 200 on the NBMEs. Second of all, the ridiculously high percentages on NBME are rendered impossible on the real thing by the simple fact that no perfect scores are recorded. The fact of the matter is that if it is possible to score a 98% or better on the real thing like it is on the NBME, then the odds are someone or multiple people out there would be reeling in 100%s, there's not.

My opinion and it's just that: I felt very well-prepared for the exam (88% on UWorld, average of low to mid-260s on NBMEs with a high of a 271). However, I know for a fact I got 12 questions wrong (great post-test memory) and I'm working under the assumption that I actually got in total 36 questions wrong (about 3x the number I know seems right to me). I was worried at first, but after discussing with others who were in the same boat as I was, the general feel was that a really good score is in the 87%-90% range. I'd frankly be stunned if there's people out there getting 96 and 97%s on this thing with all of the pressure, endurance, fatigue, ridiculous questions, etc.

Could be wrong, but I'd say high 80s will get you in the 260s

Wow, 5 full days of waiting left. Fri-Sun always go by fast too, so really it's kind of like 2 days of waiting...

I agree about the scale, remember that the NBMEs are open book and not everyone who takes them cares about judging their readiness, so the curve is definitely worse!

Wow, 5 full days of waiting left. Fri-Sun always go by fast too, so really it's kind of like 2 days of waiting...

I agree about the scale, remember that the NBMEs are open book and not everyone who takes them cares about judging their readiness, so the curve is definitely worse!

Lol I don't know about going fast. This week has crawled at a snail's pace, and I've got a Shelf exam tomorrow.

Hey guys, never posted on here before, but wanted to dispel some fears (I'm in the same boat as everyone here, having taken it on 6/14):

@creative1982: there's no way in hell the scale is the same. First of all, you can't go by the number wrong because there are 322 questions on step 1 vs. 200 on the NBMEs. Second of all, the ridiculously high percentages on NBME are rendered impossible on the real thing by the simple fact that no perfect scores are recorded. The fact of the matter is that if it is possible to score a 98% or better on the real thing like it is on the NBME, then the odds are someone or multiple people out there would be reeling in 100%s, there's not.

My opinion and it's just that: I felt very well-prepared for the exam (88% on UWorld, average of low to mid-260s on NBMEs with a high of a 271). However, I know for a fact I got 12 questions wrong (great post-test memory) and I'm working under the assumption that I actually got in total 36 questions wrong (about 3x the number I know seems right to me). I was worried at first, but after discussing with others who were in the same boat as I was, the general feel was that a really good score is in the 87%-90% range. I'd frankly be stunned if there's people out there getting 96 and 97%s on this thing with all of the pressure, endurance, fatigue, ridiculous questions, etc.

That and generally speaking the people taking the NBMEs use them more often as resources to get higher scores on an average, so they intentionally make the curve harsher so as to reflect a more accurate "projected estimate" of your score. If more people across the board took those exams I'm sure the curve wouldn't be quite as insane.

That and generally speaking the people taking the NBMEs use them more often as resources to get higher scores on an average, so they intentionally make the curve harsher so as to reflect a more accurate "projected estimate" of your score. If more people across the board took those exams I'm sure the curve wouldn't be quite as insane.

I don't believe the NBME scoring is based off of people's practice exam scores (if that is what you are saying). They are actual questions and the scoring is based off of each question's performance on a actual, past step 1 exam.

Occasionally I don't care and live in denial.
Occasionally I have palpitations and diaphoresis.

And next Wed will be my final preceptor meeting/evalutation and dysplasia clinic. But I've set up a 'drown the sorrows'/'celebrate the victory' party with the bestie... and dependent on the result may regret that decision on Thursday morning. :laugh:

Occasionally I don't care and live in denial.
Occasionally I have palpitations and diaphoresis.

And next Wed will be my final preceptor meeting/evalutation and dysplasia clinic. But I've set up a 'drown the sorrows'/'celebrate the victory' party with the bestie... and dependent on the result may regret that decision on Thursday morning. :laugh:

i'm a little jealous of the victory/sorrows set up you get to have. hopefully it'll be a victory party! As for me, i start night shift on OB starting wednesday night, so i will sadly not be able to celebrate or bury my head in booze

you make sense but only few things to consider you yourself say that you have great post test memory so for someone getting that high scores in nbmes its perfectly normal to assume that you actually have answered 12 qs wrong or may be 3-4 more and you still score in early 260s (its the same score u were getting in your nbmes right)
other thing is if the curve is way more lenient in real thing y ppl making just 5 to 10 mistakes in nbmes not getting 280 plus in real thing(or you assume that everyone screws up step 1 actual exam) rather they score almost same as on their nbmes.
Denial for most of us works just perfectly but a few(ones oriented to time place person and usmle have to depend on valium or may be marijuana as one of our friend just mentioned his choice.