Official Comp Class Of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just moved into my new apartment today!
I have no furniture yet.
But I am happy! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Stringerbell-

Congrats of the move.......

To everyone else..:)...I wanted to post the Beach Bonfire info here (it is on facebook too) for those fo you who haven't signed up yet for the facebook group.

We are having the bonfire on Aug 6th.....in Huntington Beach at the Beach Blvd entrance. If you exit the 22 fwy or 405 fwy at beach blvd and follow to the beach...(go right off the freeway if you are coming from the WesternU area) we will be there starting after 2 PM!

This should be quite fun!!!! We are doing it potluck style.....or BYOS...bring your own stuff. ;) If everyone brings some things to eat, drink, and some wood we should be good to go.

PM me if you need more info or want my cell to find out the tower # on the day or for if you get lost.

Welcome to California to those of you not from here! It should be a nice day and a great chance to get to know eachother before official orientation.

Take Care!!!:thumbup:

Anyone know which textbooks are worth buying? Is really that important to buy both the Atlas of Human Anatomy and Gray's Anatomy for Students???

Hey all...here's my $0.02 on atamony texts. Remember, however, that what was good for me may not be for everyone. For anatomy, half of each exam is lab practical and half is written. For the lab portion, you are to identify marked structures on the dissected cadavers. As such, I found the Color Atlas of Anatomy (dead body book) helpful for studying...but I will say the BEST way to study is to spend lots of time in the cadaver lab. As for the written section, I found the class notes and powerpoints to be the most valuable resource and used Gray's or a similar book for additional info. So it's really up to you if you wanna buy it or just borrow it from someone. Also, you'll get a Netter atlas for joining SOMA, which 99.99% of us do. Ok, sorry that was so long winded. Congrats on everyone getting in, feel free to message me if you have any questions.

-Andy, class of 2010

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats COMP 2011!

as part of the 2010 class, i wanted to extend a welcome to our incoming class :). as for orientation, honestly i don't remember much but katherine's post brings back vague memories ... can't add anything to it though, sorry!

if you have any other questions, etc. feel free to contact me (or my classmates that have posted) & i can try to answer them or maybe help you find someone who can.

i look forward to meeting you guys in august!

Haha and those were quite the memories, I remember how excited I was!

Ditto goes for questions, guys, feel free to PM me :)

hey, i was looking at my orientation materials. do we REALLY go until 5 p.m.? Or is it possible to cut out early

For some of the books (such as anatomy), do they have it on reserve at the library?

So, this whole "Dead Body Book" for Anatomy, does it have a real name, and who's the author, because, I doubt the real name of the book is "Dead Body Book".

So, this whole "Dead Body Book" for Anatomy, does it have a real name, and who's the author, because, I doubt the real name of the book is "Dead Body Book".

as andy mentioned, the name is "Color Atlas of Anatomy" and the author is Rohen, Johannes W.

anat.jpg

Some more info off the Western U bookstore website:
Specs: 532 pages | 5.39 Lbs
ISBN: 0781790131
Edition: 6
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins | Publish Date 04/06 | Copyright 2006
Series: Color Atlas of Anatomy: A Photographic Study of the Human...
Format: Atlas

does anyone know where I can find informations on third year clinical rotations sites for western U?

does anyone know where I can find informations on third year clinical rotations sites for western U?

You will have access to the rotation database as a first year student through blackboard. The only other information you can access without a student account is the OPTI-West site: http://www.westernu.edu/OPTI-West/index.html

I will note that the OPTI-West site lists the OGME residency sites, NOT the sites for 3rd year core rotations. However, as a 3rd year you WILL rotate through some, or all of these sites (in addition to many others which are not part of OPTI-West) [unless you are opting to do Northwest track, or Michigan track, etc...].

I really hope to join you all next year! This is my dream school... Any words of advice on the app process? I'm awaiting a secondary.. anything I should include or focus on, in your opinion?

(Sorry if this is annoying..I'm like stalking ppl that are already going there haha):oops: