Official comlex 1 2012 experiences, advice, and scores thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pink Candy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have taken COMLEX I, please feel free to post schedules, advice on studying/ how to best prepare, types of questions you saw on the test, something you wish you had done while preparing to improve your score, etc. Also feel free to post your score.

I am taking COMLEX I on June 25th, and I'm getting a bit nervous because I feel disorganized and don't have a solid plan. If I come across good suggestions, I will post them here right away. :D

Thanks for everyone's help, and I hope we all rock this test!!!:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

I am hoping June 12th scores will come out this week. How do they notify us? or do we just need to keep checking online?
They wont. They released up to May 23rd two mondays ago, and up to June 7th this past monday. I'd check this coming up Monday. They won't send you an email. Just keep checking.

I am hoping June 12th scores will come out this week. How do they notify us? or do we just need to keep checking online?

:xf: I took it June 12 too. Hopefully Monday if they keep this up. Was so hoping it would come out when the 7th scores did! Oh well.

Ok so does no one have any information about boards boot camp? BTW, congrats on all the great scores!

I have a friend who did it and seemed to like it. I know alot of my friends from William Carey are using it because the school provided it but haven't asked them how they like it. I used DIT and that was the most popular choice in my class. Falcon was probably number 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
:xf: I took it June 12 too. Hopefully Monday if they keep this up. Was so hoping it would come out when the 7th scores did! Oh well.

So there is no chance for a second score release in one week? Took it on the 18th the waiting is getting to me.

Congrats on all the great scores so far! I got a 644, didn't expect it, didn't feel great walking out of the exam. COMSAE B 1 week out 550. Didn't take A, my strategy:

-DIT, 2x for the ones that I didn't know well followed by reading the first aid section right after. Skipped path for it though, supplemented with pathoma (legit)
-UWORLD! Average was maybe low 80's?
-combank 2x though, esp micro, path and pharm ave= high 80's
-LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS!! (OMM, parasymp, symp)
-Anatomy watched kaplan vids
-2nd year I tried to read about stuff I wasn't solid on, and if I didn't get the picture from first aid I read in a big book
-took USMLE a week after (scores tomorrow??)

First time poster, but I felt I should share my experience.

Took the whopper on July 7th and it was exhausting, frustrating, random at times, generally a poor written exam BUT.....that's exactly what I expected. Everyone who took it with me had similar complaints and concerns. Felt like I passed but to be honest, I really don't have any idea on how well I did. One does not simply feel good about their COMLEX experience. This is mainly due to the amount of guessing you will have to do. I marked on average about 10-14 questions per block. As I understand it, COMLEX is graded on a curve for same day test takers, so it really doesn't matter if you missed 75 questions or 175 questions....it's all about how you perform compared to others. Don't be too bummed if you feel the same way for your exam.

my study plan: 2 months. Used FA, DIT, Savareese, pathoma, UWORLD, COMBANK, COMQUEST, micro flash cards, pharm flashcards, anatomy flashcards (<-surprising how helpful these were.)
COMSAE A 4 weeks out: 515
COMSAE C 2 weeks out 550
(will be taking USMLE on July 21st)

My test break down:
Biochem-very surprised by the number of questions (10 ish?) Half were diseases but had some metabolism/insulin questions. And of course there were some heritage questions but they were pretty straight forward. Felt confident for this because I've been studying for USMLE as well. Don't forget this subject.

Immuno: 3-4...maybe. Not a big deal. I'm not including some of the micro questions that had some immuno flavor to them, but it's what you would expect.

Micro: lots, of course but actually was the easiest part of the exam for me. Not too many drugs (thank God) and straight forward. Expect repeaters (I answered at least 7 questions with the same bug.) Make sure you know bugs that have similar presentations and can differentiate them. The COMLEX seems to LOVE these types of Q's.

OMM: this pissed me off a little. I had like 6-8 questions on tender points....knew my SV, sym, para innervations and Chapmans...but not tender points. W.T.F. Everything else was easy for the most part as long as you know that green book.

Anatomy: sorry guys....you're going to have to review your anatomy. I did a few days before this exam and I do not regret it. MANY questions on lower extremity and some of them were pretty difficult/weird. I've been hearing extremity anatomy was a COMLEX favorite in the past, so I took the time for some light review. I'm not going to say I beasted it, but I definitely felt I had a little more knowledge to work through the Qs. Also, it's not a bad idea to review face anatomy. This includes the cranial nerves, where they exit, nerves/blood vessels of face, tongue, ears, eye, nose. I used Netter's anatomy flashcards which was perfect for some random, last minute review.

Histo: I'm including this because I had >10 histo images...all of which were terrible, half didn't even give you much of a clinical vignette. I don't know how anyone could prepare for this, but don't be too surprised if this happens.

Ethics/biostats: 6? I don't remember. They sucked for the most part, in my opinion.

Endo/cardio/resp/GI/MSK/psych/neuro: a wide range of mega easy to WTF. I'd go over each subject individually but it's what you expect and have probably read in past posts. Balanced out, but not as drug heavy as I expected. Embryo was mild and fair.

GENERAL: the exam in parts felt like COMSAE C on average but it definitely had easy, and I mean REALLY easy questions. I actually saw a couple of Qs from form C and A on my test. COMQUEST was probably the most helpful Q bank. I felt COMBANK was only good for ethics, biostats, OMM. COMQUEST was still my best bet. Also, don't forget to review poisonings. Got one question that burned me because I should have known it/reviewed it. Felt like there was plenty of time to take the test plus I took the optional 2 breaks. The highlighting and strikeout option was a little weird (you have to highlight the line and then click this upper R hand corner button) but I think it's helpful. I reviewed every single question and the saved highlighted areas helped me review quickly. If you're doing well with time in practice Q banks, I highly recommend doing this. I went back and found 5 Q's where I made a stupid mistake on easy questions. This can be exhausting, but I'm glad I did it.

SPECIAL STUDY TIP: for my last read-through of FA, I made a flashcard of every little topic that I kept forgetting or still struggled with. At the end of the evening, I made it a point to go over the flashcards I made. After reading my very large batch of FC nightly, I felt like I was reinforcing my weak points.

Last thoughts: All I'm hoping for is 550 or higher, and I'd even be comfortable with just above 500. Not sure if I hit my goal or not, but I feel comforted that there are many of us who felt the same way. It's heartbreaking to spend so much time studying and then to get bent over by an unfair exam, only to have scores graded on a curve (which I fail to understand how that reflects my medical knowledge if you're judging me on how much I know compared to doc A and doc B by whatever....) My best advice is to stay calm and don't worry if your test seems murky, picky, or random.
Good luck everybody!!

Thank you so much for the info, very informative. If you dont mind me asking, for comquest what percentage were you scoring before you took comlex? Ive been scoring around 65% and am kinda worried that I may not pass COMLEX when I take it.

Thank you so much for the info, very informative. If you dont mind me asking, for comquest what percentage were you scoring before you took comlex? Ive been scoring around 65% and am kinda worried that I may not pass COMLEX when I take it.

I finished COMQUEST with 81% average about 2 days before my exam. To be fair, I didn't do the Q bank entirely at random. The first half of the month I did questions based on the subject I just reviewed. I think this can push up your average.

I would say the best way to determine your status would be to take a COMSAE (if you haven't already)...i didn't take B but I've heard C was the hardest. I read somewhere the COMSAEs underestimate your score by around 20-40 points(?) but I'm not positive on that. I believe if you take one, and get a score you're comfortable with, then you'll be ready to go.

Thank you so much for all your advice and help. I took both COMSAE A and C and did not do well (this is prior to COMQUEST), but still have COMSAE B. Thanks again! Good luck on USMLE

Congrats on all the great scores so far! I got a 644, didn't expect it, didn't feel great walking out of the exam. COMSAE B 1 week out 550. Didn't take A, my strategy:

-DIT, 2x for the ones that I didn't know well followed by reading the first aid section right after. Skipped path for it though, supplemented with pathoma (legit)
-UWORLD! Average was maybe low 80's?
-combank 2x though, esp micro, path and pharm ave= high 80's
-LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS!! (OMM, parasymp, symp)
-Anatomy watched kaplan vids
-2nd year I tried to read about stuff I wasn't solid on, and if I didn't get the picture from first aid I read in a big book
-took USMLE a week after (scores tomorrow??)

did u ever try goljan recordings? I'm asking 'cause it seems that a lot of people were using pathoma instead of goljan. I liked how goljan brought concepts together and felt it was really good, but now I'm curious about pathoma.

btw, did u take the usmle as well? if u did how did u do on it? was is easier than comlex? :confused:

Hi all-

For when your scores are reported, do they give you a # correct score along with it? If so would any of you mind posting your # correct along with your scores? I'm just curious... took mine today....no the waiting game!

Hi all-

For when your scores are reported, do they give you a # correct score along with it? If so would any of you mind posting your # correct along with your scores? I'm just curious... took mine today....no the waiting game!

How was it compared to comsae and Combank? Appreciate any other info, taking mine in a few weeks! Thanks.

did u ever try goljan recordings? I'm asking 'cause it seems that a lot of people were using pathoma instead of goljan. I liked how goljan brought concepts together and felt it was really good, but now I'm curious about pathoma.

btw, did u take the usmle as well? if u did how did u do on it? was is easier than comlex? :confused:

got my usmle score back today: >260 so excited! Path was my most narrow bar and best subject and I used pathoma during step studying and goljan throughout year 2. I thought pathoma was much more high yield and better quality than goljan. Although I'm still waiting on my COMLEX score, I know there were several questions on COMLEX I would have missed if it weren't for pathoma. Highly recommend!!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
got my usmle score back today: 266! so excited! Path was my most narrow bar and best subject and I used pathoma during step studying and goljan throughout year 2. I thought pathoma was much more high yield and better quality than goljan. Although I'm still waiting on my COMLEX score, I know there were several questions on COMLEX I would have missed if it weren't for pathoma. Highly recommend!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BrnEYEDgrl!!! that is an awsome score. Which test did u think was hardest?:rolleyes:

How was it compared to comsae and Combank? Appreciate any other info, taking mine in a few weeks! Thanks.

COMBANK was a little easier than the real thing in general. I think COMSAE was pretty close to the real thing. I also think the last 100 questions were the hardest just due to the fatigue factor.

First time poster, but I felt I should share my experience.

Took the whopper on July 7th and it was exhausting, frustrating, random at times, generally a poor written exam BUT.....that's exactly what I expected. Everyone who took it with me had similar complaints and concerns. Felt like I passed but to be honest, I really don't have any idea on how well I did. One does not simply feel good about their COMLEX experience. This is mainly due to the amount of guessing you will have to do. I marked on average about 10-14 questions per block. As I understand it, COMLEX is graded on a curve for same day test takers, so it really doesn't matter if you missed 75 questions or 175 questions....it's all about how you perform compared to others. Don't be too bummed if you feel the same way for your exam.

my study plan: 2 months. Used FA, DIT, Savareese, pathoma, UWORLD, COMBANK, COMQUEST, micro flash cards, pharm flashcards, anatomy flashcards (<-surprising how helpful these were.)
COMSAE A 4 weeks out: 515
COMSAE C 2 weeks out 550
(will be taking USMLE on July 21st)

My test break down:
Biochem-very surprised by the number of questions (10 ish?) Half were diseases but had some metabolism/insulin questions. And of course there were some heritage questions but they were pretty straight forward. Felt confident for this because I've been studying for USMLE as well. Don't forget this subject.

Immuno: 3-4...maybe. Not a big deal. I'm not including some of the micro questions that had some immuno flavor to them, but it's what you would expect.

Micro: lots, of course but actually was the easiest part of the exam for me. Not too many drugs (thank God) and straight forward. Expect repeaters (I answered at least 7 questions with the same bug.) Make sure you know bugs that have similar presentations and can differentiate them. The COMLEX seems to LOVE these types of Q's.

OMM: this pissed me off a little. I had like 6-8 questions on tender points....knew my SV, sym, para innervations and Chapmans...but not tender points. W.T.F. Everything else was easy for the most part as long as you know that green book.

Anatomy: sorry guys....you're going to have to review your anatomy. I did a few days before this exam and I do not regret it. MANY questions on lower extremity and some of them were pretty difficult/weird. I've been hearing extremity anatomy was a COMLEX favorite in the past, so I took the time for some light review. I'm not going to say I beasted it, but I definitely felt I had a little more knowledge to work through the Qs. Also, it's not a bad idea to review face anatomy. This includes the cranial nerves, where they exit, nerves/blood vessels of face, tongue, ears, eye, nose. I used Netter's anatomy flashcards which was perfect for some random, last minute review.

Histo: I'm including this because I had >10 histo images...all of which were terrible, half didn't even give you much of a clinical vignette. I don't know how anyone could prepare for this, but don't be too surprised if this happens.

Ethics/biostats: 6? I don't remember. They sucked for the most part, in my opinion.

Endo/cardio/resp/GI/MSK/psych/neuro: a wide range of mega easy to WTF. I'd go over each subject individually but it's what you expect and have probably read in past posts. Balanced out, but not as drug heavy as I expected. Embryo was mild and fair.

GENERAL: the exaam in parts felt like COMSAE C on average but it definitely had easy, and I mean REALLY easy questions. I actually saw a couple of Qs from form C and A on my test. COMQUEST was probably the most helpful Q bank. I felt COMBANK was only good for ethics, biostats, OMM. COMQUEST was still my best bet. Also, don't forget to review poisonings. Got one question that burned me because I should have known it/reviewed it. Felt like there was plenty of time to take the test plus I took the optional 2 breaks. The highlighting and strikeout option was a little weird (you have to highlight the line and then click this upper R hand corner button) but I think it's helpful. I reviewed every single question and the saved highlighted areas helped me review quickly. If you're doing well with time in practice Q banks, I highly recommend doing this. I went back and found 5 Q's where I made a stupid mistake on easy questions. This can be exhausting, but I'm glad I did it.

SPECIAL STUDY TIP: for my last read-through of FA, I made a flashcard of every little topic that I kept forgetting or still struggled with. At the end of the evening, I made it a point to go over the flashcards I made. After reading my very large batch of FC nightly, I felt like I was reinforcing my weak points.

Last thoughts: All I'm hoping for is 550 or higher, and I'd even be comfortable with just above 500. Not sure if I hit my goal or not, but I feel comforted that there are many of us who felt the same way. It's heartbreaking to spend so much time studying and then to get bent over by an unfair exam, only to have scores graded on a curve (which I fail to understand how that reflects my medical knowledge if you're judging me on how much I know compared to doc A and doc B by whatever....) My best advice is to stay calm and don't worry if your test seems murky, picky, or random.
Good luck everybody!!

I also took it on July 7th. Sorry for this delayed response. I have been trying to study for USMLE on 18th and had a memorial service to attend. I would say this is a pretty exact summary of what I thought about the exam. I felt that there was a lot of micro/OMM for the most part. There were also a good amount of anatomy mostly involving nerves I felt like. I even felt some questions were somewhat repeated throughout the exam, and just phrased in different ways.

I would say each section had its standard 5 WTF?!! questions, which I just picked an answer, marked it, and moved on. If I had time at the end I would go over them. I would say I marked about 7-10 per section, but I also tend to overly mark questions.

I have to agree that I felt like I passed, but I honestly have no clue. As you get to the end, everything sort of starts to blend together. So fingers crossed I passed lol. I would like something around a 550, but have to wait and see how the cards fall.

Good luck everyone!!

So for those of you that did both UWorld and Combank/quest, do you think it was necessary to get both or can you get by with just doing on or the other? Also, is it necessry to do both NBME and COMSAE, or can you get away with just doing one type?

I'm just wondering if there is that much of a different between the COMLEX and the USMLE, to warrant a different study style (other than OMM of course).

So for those of you that did both UWorld and Combank/quest, do you think it was necessary to get both or can you get by with just doing on or the other? Also, is it necessry to do both NBME and COMSAE, or can you get away with just doing one type?

I'm just wondering if there is that much of a different between the COMLEX and the USMLE, to warrant a different study style (other than OMM of course).

i only did about ~200 com bank questions in the 2-3 days I covered OMM b/w my USMLE and COMLEX. my main focus was USMLE so I did all of the Uworld Qs.

I did 3 NBMEs and Comsae A (which apparently sucks --- didn't do the research). Where the NBMEs were good predictors of my USMLE score, Comsae A significantly under predicted my score.

In my opinion, I think my preparation for USMLE (i.e. Uworld and NBMEs) made the majority of the COMLEX extremely easy (i.e. obviously minus the OMM) However, if I were to do it all over again, I would've spent a little bit more time on the OMM (finished Savarese) and would've completed more of the Combank questions from each section (I only really did the qs from repro and ethics/law), just to get a sense of the types of questions they ask on each subject on the real deal. I think I could've scored higher had I done that. My score was nothing ridiculous (e.g. 780), but its more than good enough to be considered highly competitive (I won't share the exact score here as my name is recognizable by my classmates) for any specialty.

Bottom line, the plan I used worked for me. Again, if I had been shooting for a ridiculous score (750+), I would've spent more time on the OMM (I only read up to chapter 12 or so of Savarese -- was pretty burned out after taking the USMLE) and would've completed more Combank questions. There really is a difference in the caliber and nature of the questions on the Comlex vs the USMLE and had I not done any Combank questions I think I would've found myself more frustrated than I already was on the actual exam.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

i only did about ~200 com bank questions in the 2-3 days I covered OMM b/w my USMLE and COMLEX. my main focus was USMLE so I did all of the Uworld Qs.

I did 3 NBMEs and Comsae A (which apparently sucks --- didn't do the research). Where the NBMEs were good predictors of my USMLE score, Comsae A significantly under predicted my score.

In my opinion, I think my preparation for USMLE (i.e. Uworld and NBMEs) made the majority of the COMLEX extremely easy (i.e. obviously minus the OMM) However, if I were to do it all over again, I would've spent a little bit more time on the OMM (finished Savarese) and would've completed more of the Combank questions from each section (I only really did the qs from repro and ethics/law), just to get a sense of the types of questions they ask on each subject on the real deal. I think I could've scored higher had I done that. My score was nothing ridiculous (e.g. 780), but its more than good enough to be considered highly competitive (I won't share the exact score here as my name is recognizable by my classmates) for any specialty.

Bottom line, the plan I used worked for me. Again, if I had been shooting for a ridiculous score (750+), I would've spent more time on the OMM (I only read up to chapter 12 or so of Savarese -- was pretty burned out after taking the USMLE) and would've completed more Combank questions. There really is a difference in the caliber and nature of the questions on the Comlex vs the USMLE and had I not done any Combank questions I think I would've found myself more frustrated than I already was on the actual exam.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Hello! Thanks for your post. I'm starting to get antsy waiting for my score..........how did you feel comparing comsae to your comlex? I felt about the same in both, marked roughly the same amount of questions and was extremely happy with my comsae score as it was above my goal for comlex. Just curious what you take on it as most seem to say that comsae under predicted their score. I took form C because my school bought it. I didn't feel horrible walking out of comlex and have been rather low key waiting for my score but its been a couple weeks and now I'm panicking a little waiting for my score!

Hello! Thanks for your post. I'm starting to get antsy waiting for my score..........how did you feel comparing comsae to your comlex? I felt about the same in both, marked roughly the same amount of questions and was extremely happy with my comsae score as it was above my goal for comlex. Just curious what you take on it as most seem to say that comsae under predicted their score. I took form C because my school bought it. I didn't feel horrible walking out of comlex and have been rather low key waiting for my score but its been a couple weeks and now I'm panicking a little waiting for my score!

My attitude towards the Comsae A was similar to my attitude towards the COMLEX.

I had no anxiety while taking the Comlex, and none when I left. I felt exactly this way during Comsae A. I had a little bit of regret for not finishing savarese (prob could've got another 10 qs or so correct), but besides that, I was good to go (can't say the same about the USMLE).

That being said, I ended up doing ~100 points higher on my COMLEX than my Comsae A (I would've been happy with a score similar to that which was reported on Comsae A two nights before my exam -- so imagine my surprise when I saw my score report) despite the similarities in the level of confidence I had in my answers and the amount of questions I was unsure of during both exams. In my honest opinion, that exam is so random and poorly done that despite having a solid score, while I'm definitely happy, it's not something I look at and think "damn, I'm the man". Just feels like luck. On the other hand, I am proud of my USMLE score, and think to myself, "I put the time in and earned that b**ch". But bottom line, if you put the time in, you're bound to do decently well on the COMLEX because so many of the questions were give mes.

From the looks of it, and given your attitude, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you felt confident enough during the COMLEX, that's more than most can say, so feel good about that. Just relax, concentrate on whatever it is you're doing now, and be prepared for a happy surprise when your score is released. Cause 99% sure, you at least hit your goal.

Hope that puts your fears at rest, haha.

anybody take the test on 7/13 have any thoughts?

I talked to a couple of my classmates just a few minutes ago on gchat. I heard it was pretty typical comlex, maybe 25% micro, followed by maybe 15% each of neuro, omm, and repro, and 30% everything else. A few WTF questions of some unheard of bugs. One friend said it was a really piss poor exam compared to the USMLE he took the day before. He said the distractors were really bad, some of the questions were asked multiple times, and some really esoteric bugs were chosen to fill for the "hard" questions. Oh, you didn't know sterile pyuria can be caused by u. urealyticum? Silly you. Sounds pretty much like my experience.

I talked to a couple of my classmates just a few minutes ago on gchat. I heard it was pretty typical comlex, maybe 25% micro, followed by maybe 15% each of neuro, omm, and repro, and 30% everything else. A few WTF questions of some unheard of bugs. One friend said it was a really piss poor exam compared to the USMLE he took the day before. He said the distractors were really bad, some of the questions were asked multiple times, and some really esoteric bugs were chosen to fill for the "hard" questions. Oh, you didn't know sterile pyuria can be caused by u. urealyticum? Silly you. Sounds pretty much like my experience.

it's the 30% everything else that pisses me off; i feel like helen keller would've had a better chance of getting a good score on this test than me

Hello everyone!
I am wondering how many question overall have you guys done to prepare for COMLEX?
I have only done combank and 50% from kaplan qbank and was wondering if I should get comquest? I am taking this quiz in 10 days and freaking out if this is enough?
What is better in last minute, doing more questions or reviewing FA, greenbook and pathoma? any suggesions?

Good luck!

it's the 30% everything else that pisses me off; i feel like helen keller would've had a better chance of getting a good score on this test than me

I think most people feel that way. I know when I finished my exam, I was feeling pretty bad. I marked a pretty high percentage of the questions.

I'd be curious to see a thread about the average number of marked questions vs actual score. It might eliminate some stress for some people waiting on their scores.

My attitude towards the Comsae A was similar to my attitude towards the COMLEX.

I had no anxiety while taking the Comlex, and none when I left. I felt exactly this way during Comsae A. I had a little bit of regret for not finishing savarese (prob could've got another 10 qs or so correct), but besides that, I was good to go (can't say the same about the USMLE).

That being said, I ended up doing ~100 points higher on my COMLEX than my Comsae A (I would've been happy with a score similar to that which was reported on Comsae A two nights before my exam -- so imagine my surprise when I saw my score report) despite the similarities in the level of confidence I had in my answers and the amount of questions I was unsure of during both exams. In my honest opinion, that exam is so random and poorly done that despite having a solid score, while I'm definitely happy, it's not something I look at and think "damn, I'm the man". Just feels like luck. On the other hand, I am proud of my USMLE score, and think to myself, "I put the time in and earned that b**ch". But bottom line, if you put the time in, you're bound to do decently well on the COMLEX because so many of the questions were give mes.

From the looks of it, and given your attitude, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you felt confident enough during the COMLEX, that's more than most can say, so feel good about that. Just relax, concentrate on whatever it is you're doing now, and be prepared for a happy surprise when your score is released. Cause 99% sure, you at least hit your goal.

Hope that puts your fears at rest, haha.
Thanks so much! It is comforting to hear that you felt similar and did well. I just hate waiting so long for scores....it makes me start to second guess myself and the exam. I walked out feeling like I knew I passed but after awhile its easy to forget because so much rides on this stupid exam! My goal has been >600 and I spent alot of time studying to hopefully attain it. I elected not to take the USMLE but am considering Anesthesia and so for the allopathic residencies that do not insist on a USMLE score would like >600 to consider you. I am not gunning for the top residency spots so just wanted to keep my options open to be able apply to both osteopathic and allopathic spots. Maybe not taking both exams will come back to bite me but I am not a traditional student and have a family so my choice is what is best for me and my family. Anyway I really appreciate your input!

I think most people feel that way. I know when I finished my exam, I was feeling pretty bad. I marked a pretty high percentage of the questions.

I'd be curious to see a thread about the average number of marked questions vs actual score. It might eliminate some stress for some people waiting on their scores.
I second that! I wish there was a way to compare number wrong to potential score!

Thanks so much! It is comforting to hear that you felt similar and did well. I just hate waiting so long for scores....it makes me start to second guess myself and the exam. I walked out feeling like I knew I passed but after awhile its easy to forget because so much rides on this stupid exam! My goal has been >600 and I spent alot of time studying to hopefully attain it. I elected not to take the USMLE but am considering Anesthesia and so for the allopathic residencies that do not insist on a USMLE score would like >600 to consider you. I am not gunning for the top residency spots so just wanted to keep my options open to be able apply to both osteopathic and allopathic spots. Maybe not taking both exams will come back to bite me but I am not a traditional student and have a family so my choice is what is best for me and my family. Anyway I really appreciate your input!

How were your COMSAE and combank scores?

I marked at least 10-15 questions per sections, and even the ones I didn't mark, I wasn't absolutely sure on a lot of them. I hate the comlex so much, who writes these questions?

I marked at least 10-15 questions per sections, and even the ones I didn't mark, I wasn't absolutely sure on a lot of them. I hate the comlex so much, who writes these questions?

I marked 23-26 questions per section. Some were things I had no idea about, a few 50/50, and a few were ones I was fairly certain but not super sure. So I marked about 50% of the test. Does that sound bad?

I took an NBME and scored 166 before I started studying. Did maybe 2.5 weeks of FA. Did 600 combank questions with final average of 70%. I just want to do IM or FP, so I'll be happy with a 500. Heck, I would be happy if I just passed.

I marked 23-26 questions per section. Some were things I had no idea about, a few 50/50, and a few were ones I was fairly certain but not super sure. So I marked about 50% of the test. Does that sound bad?

I took an NBME and scored 166 before I started studying. Did maybe 2.5 weeks of FA. Did 600 combank questions with final average of 70%. I just want to do IM or FP, so I'll be happy with a 500. Heck, I would be happy if I just passed.

At this point I feel the same :laugh:

Last edited:

i can almost guarantee you that you broke 600 with those stats -- esp. if you put your due time in, like you said you did. i feel like if you get at least the 70-75% of questions that are give-me's you are bound to hit ~600. how far above 600 though, really depends on how many rainbows you saw that month or how good you are at decoding hieroglyphics.

everyone is going to mark a different number of questions depending on the test you get, and the type of test taker you are. I wouldn't let the number of questions you marked get to you. Like I probably said 10000 times, I marked 20-25 questions a block, and things turned out okay for me.

everyone is going to mark a different number of questions depending on the test you get, and the type of test taker you are. I wouldn't let the number of questions you marked get to you. Like I probably said 10000 times, I marked 20-25 questions a block, and things turned out okay for me.

I hope so man... May have marked like 30 a block

CONGRATULATIONS BrnEYEDgrl!!! that is an awsome score. Which test did u think was hardest?:rolleyes:

I left USMLE feeling like I did well, the test was pretty much as expected, very few WTF questions. COMLEX had many poorly worded questions or questions that I felt didn't have enough information to answer it and questions that seemed to have more than one correct answer so I left COMLEX not really knowing what to think. That being said, I feel like most people feel this way about COMLEX and since it is curved I'm sure it will turn out ok.

So I took Comlex on June 13th. Should I maybe expect some new tomorrow? I am getting anxious....

I took my exam on the 13th too. I am really hoping to hear some news tomorrow! I'm definitely nervous. I really have no clue how I did walking out of that thing.

Sent from my Galaxy s2 using SDN Mobile

Been a few years since I've been on this. Oklahoma State here. Good complex June 12th hoping for scores tomorrow! Congrats to all that have accomplished and surpassed your goals!

Been a few years since I've been on this. Oklahoma State here. Good complex June 12th hoping for scores tomorrow! Congrats to all that have accomplished and surpassed your goals!

*Took Comlex, not to be confused with good complex (if there even is such a thing). I haven't developed a complex, yet.

So I took Comlex on June 13th. Should I maybe expect some new tomorrow? I am getting anxious....
If they follow their pattern of the last 2 releases I would guess that they should release through the 13th.....if they release big like last week maybe even through the 22nd. I just looked at their schedule of exam dates and they haven't released a date later than about 6 weeks from test date....and some in the groups last monday were just over 4 weeks from test date. It appears that the big gap from releases was bc there were no test dates btwn apr 18 and may 21. So on the july 2 release date was 6 weeks from the may 21 to 23 dates. Then they released may 29 thru june 7 on july 9 which is 4 to 6 weeks wait time. So if they follow suit I would say atleast june 11 to 13 dates tomorrow but they could be mean and not release a new set until next monday bc the nbome likes to drive us crazy! Lets keep our fingers crossed bc the sooner they release yours, the sooner they release mine (june 29) !

Last edited:
Pushing for release tomorrow! I took it on June 11th. I got my USMLE back and did well so I am not too worried but just need to closure so I can completely move on to third year.

Pushing for release tomorrow! I took it on June 11th. I got my USMLE back and did well so I am not too worried but just need to closure so I can completely move on to third year.

Hoping for the next two weeks to b released. Took mine on the 18th.

Took the exam on 13th june and hoping that scores are released today. In the past what time are the scores normally releasedby the nbome?

Took the exam on 13th june and hoping that scores are released today. In the past what time are the scores normally releasedby the nbome?

I wouldn't hold my breath. The last couple of releases I've noticed the account login says it will be unavailable for a time period. Didn't see that last night or this morning. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The last couple of releases I've noticed the account login says it will be unavailable for a time period. Didn't see that last night or this morning. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I am more than annoyed by this. If the USMLE can release on a set schedule the NBOME should as well.

RJ7XL.jpg