**Official 2022-2023 GPR PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSAspirant007

Reaction score
THIS THREAD IS FOR ALL THE 2022-2023 GPR PROGRAM APPLICANTS!
Let's Get Started Y'all! :)
Please post any questions, suggestions, interview dates, or program information on this thread!
Best of luck to everyone applying, lets's get Matched!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a writing prompt for the personal statement that we have to write? Or is it just why we want to do a GPR?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a writing prompt for the personal statement that we have to write? Or is it just why we want to do a GPR?
I was under the impression that you could write about anything? But I could be wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the best date/month to submit application?

What is the best date/month to submit application?
Depends on the deadline of the programs you're applying to. Most of the programs I applied to last year had their deadlines in October, so I submitted my apps a week or two before. I got invites probably within 2 weeks from almost all of the programs I applied to. I think some of my classmates that applied earlier also heard back around the same time as me. So I don't believe it makes a difference when you submit your apps as long as its before the deadline

Can someone apply to two specialities + GPR on Pass?
and will programs be able to see what others have applied to?

Can someone apply to two specialities + GPR on Pass?
and will programs be able to see what others have applied to?
Yea you can, but all of your LORs will be the same. And no, programs wouldn't know unless you apply within the same school/hospital (like if the program has both a GPR and peds and you apply to both, they most likely will know)

will they look at your application early if you submit it now? Is it rolling like dental school admissions was

yes.

doesn't mean you'll definitely match, but we review apps as they come in for interview invites, of which there is a finite number.

Anyone have any advice for writing a personal statement for GPR?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a list of good Canadian friendly AEGD programs?

Which program(s) are the best to apply to if you want get more practice on root canals?
Implants?
crowns/operative?
Basically what are some of the main things certain AEGD programs are known for?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you know which programs are match and non-match? Is there a list floating around, or do you have to look at the individual school websites to know which ones they participate?

Hey, I have a question, I have many volunteering experiences in non-health related events and I don't know where to put it in Adea pass application. They are not dental, health related and they weren't part of my school events. Should I still list them as extracurricular activities. For example: Animal shelters and community volunteer events with Red cross. Thanks!

has no one received interviews yet or am I just not getting any? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I applied to speciality and my dean included that in their LOR, can I apply to gpr now or I am pretty much screwed? coz they will read that I was endorsed for a speciality

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you know which programs are match and non-match? Is there a list floating around, or do you have to look at the individual school websites to know which ones they participate?

This Search engine shows whether the program is a match or non-match program.

Example:
  • Program Information ↑

• What date will your program start on? 06/15
      Length of Program: 12 months
      Program Number: GPR654
      Is your program located in an academic institution or clinical institution? Hospital
      Does your program offer any graduate degrees or certificates? No
      • If Yes, please list Graduate degrees or certificates offered:
    • Does your program participate in MATCH? Yes
      Estimated number of available positions for current application cycle: 4
      Does your program accept predoctoral students as externs (typically described as 1-2 weeks of voluntary, full-time, primarily observational experiences without formal educational objectives or affiliation)?: No

Hi all!!
Quick question: Between UCSF GPR and a VA GPR, which one's better?

Any thoughts inputs and information is much appreciated!

when do the schools start sending interview invites?

I've been waiting and checking everyday. Nothing yet

Hi all!!
Quick question: Between UCSF GPR and a VA GPR, which one's better?

Any thoughts inputs and information is much appreciated!

From what I understand, a VA's biggest pro is that patients don't have to pay out of pocket, so you get more experience in "newer" stuff, cause money's not a factor. The downside (for some people, not all) is that you see a small pool of patients - mostly older males, very few kids or younger patients. But at the two VAs I reached out to (Richmond and Gainesville), the residents seemed to love it.

What are some things people write about in the additional section that states “Please feel free to use this text area to provide a description of any interests, activities, goals, or other endeavors not previously mentioned that will enable the reader to learn more about your suitability for advanced dental education”?

What are some things people write about in the additional section that states “Please feel free to use this text area to provide a description of any interests, activities, goals, or other endeavors not previously mentioned that will enable the reader to learn more about your suitability for advanced dental education”?
I wrote why my grades weren't great in the first semster.
some people leave it blank
some people talks about suspension or smth bad in their records

I applied to speciality and my dean included that in their LOR, can I apply to gpr now or I am pretty much screwed? coz they will read that I was endorsed for a speciality
I'm in the same boat. I added 2 more LORs from mentioning that I'm interested in GPR but I assume the programs will see my other letters as well that endorse me for a specialty.

has anybody gotten any interviews anywhere??? why is this thread so quiet.....it's september

has anybody gotten any interviews anywhere??? why is this thread so quiet.....it's september
I haven't and was thinking the same thing. When do schools usually send out interview dates?

I'm a program director. This is still early for GPRs to send out invitations. Most will start to go out in October or November . Non-match programs will usually interview earlier.
Nothing to worry about at this point.

How many GPR programs do applicants typically apply to? Assuming middle of the class ranks/GPA and decent extracurriculars (basically an average applicant). I don't want to apply to too few but also the fees are racking up.

How many GPR programs do applicants typically apply to? Assuming middle of the class ranks/GPA and decent extracurriculars (basically an average applicant). I don't want to apply to too few but also the fees are racking up.
I personally applied to 14 programs. I've seen someone who applied to as little as 3 and as many as 30. I think people usually apply to about 10-15, just like dental school admissions.

I'm class rank 8/60 and I am applying to ~30 AEGDs and GPRs. I've heard it has gotten extremely competitive at the upper tier programs (like 300 people applying 12 spots or even worse than that) so I would rather not take any chances.

I have strong LoRs but I would say my ECs are pretty average, and also I lack any of the coveted "golden hands" awards or any other institution awards, which I would think might be a bit of a red flag at these programs.

do most programs send out multiple rounds of interviews or just one?

Hi everyone, I have a question, would you please give me your opinion? I applied for Endo and all of my reccomenders mentioned Endo residency in my letters, now is it ok to apply to GPR with same letters?what should I do???

Received invite from Hennepin County Medical Center GPR on 9/12/22.

Just thought I would try to make everything more concise.. please continue to add onto the list!

GPR/AEGD INTERVIEWS
as of 9/14/2022
  • SUNY Upstate - interview invite 8/26, interview date TBD
  • University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry - interview invite 9/06, interview date 10/07 (virtual), 10/21 (in person)
  • Montefiore - interview invite 9/07, interview date TBD
  • St Luke's PA - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
  • Hennepin County Medical Center - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
  • University of Cincinnati Medical Center - interview invite 9/14, interview date 9/30, 10/13, 10/14 (all virtual)

Reactions: 4 users
Just thought I would try to make everything more concise.. please continue to add onto the list!

GPR/AEGD INTERVIEWS
as of 9/14/2022
  • SUNY Upstate - interview invite 8/26, interview date TBD
  • University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry - interview invite 9/06, interview date 10/07 (virtual), 10/21 (in person)
  • Montefiore - interview invite 9/07, interview date TBD
  • St Luke's PA - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
  • Hennepin County Medical Center - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
  • University of Cincinnati Medical Center - interview invite 9/14, interview date 9/30, 10/13, 10/14 (all virtual)
do you know if Cincinnati is done sending interviews?

Received an interview from St. Barnabas Hospital on 9/1, they offered multiple in-person interview dates throughout the months of September, October, and November. All of my other interview invitations have been previously mentioned in this thread.

Hey all, I know a lot of programs have started sending out invites. I got a little late on my application due to some personal issues going on. However, the programs I'm applying for have deadlines in November and December. Would you say it's too late to apply now? or go ahead and take my chances with applying and pray for the best?