**Official 2019 OMFS PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really? I mean they all did it last year and we still don’t know who is who. Also, there’s usually multiple positions filled at every program so it would still be a challenge for an outsider to to detect who it is since the dental school they graduated from isn’t mentioned on the sdn post, rather only the program they matched in.
If I posted that I matched into BU or VCU or whatever the new residents are freely available online and it would be a 1/2 or 1/3 chance of figuring it out. Plus current residents and program directors also frequent this board I dknt see what benefit there is from sharing the program name. Stats are nice to let you know what you need. 4 or 6 year is more than enough info to know what’s you need to shoot for

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't really get the whole anonymity thing... For example, I happen to know who @Captain Underplants is, but that is because I interviewed him and happen to know where he went to dental school, etc. The thing is, that doesn't change anything. Heck, I even sign my name whenever someone PM's me. No big deal. I stand behind everything I post so I have no concerns. The fact is, it doesn't really matter if you post your program or not. If you want to post which program you matched into, awesome! If not, awesome! Personally, I would be proud of where I matched! After all, the program you match as is the best program there is!

Reactions: 10 users
I don't really get the whole anonymity thing... For example, I happen to know who @Captain Underplants is, but that is because I interviewed him and happen to know where he went to dental school, etc. The thing is, that doesn't change anything. Heck, I even sign my name whenever someone PM's me. No big deal. I stand behind everything I post so I have no concerns. The fact is, it doesn't really matter if you post your program or not. If you want to post which program you matched into, awesome! If not, awesome! Personally, I would be proud of where I matched! After all, the program you match as is the best program there is!

Agreed. Why hide behind a username? I guess a questionable post history where you bash other programs, etc would be a pretty good reason but most know better than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 249155

case logs. hope you guys find it helpful.

Nice work! This is super helpful. I think the numbers near program names are the number of residents they accept (i.e. 2,2 is two four-years and two six-years). That's something worth considering when looking at the numbers.

For me personally it’s not so much about what I say (my posts are pretty benign) but just that in the past I hadn’t hid my identity and got a lot of prompts outside of SDN (IE Facebook and emails) with personal requests to help with something or the other *shrug*

I have 2 reasons for not disclosing the program I matched to.
1. I don’t want the program I matched to knowing that I didnt rank them #1. Easy fix, right? Just dont post how you matched! Shouldve thought of that before, but the cat is out of the bag already...
2. I figured that was just the etiquette since thats what I saw others doing.
Maybe these are cop-out reasons but whatever, if you really care to know then just DM me.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone match/interview at case western? Would appreciate hearing your thoughts about the program

Thank you for those that were willing to share their scores. A few people sent me a long list of numbers with their respective programs, and while appreciated, I will only be posting scores received directly from an individual. I am doing this out of respect for those people in case they were not interested in sharing that information. For those interested in themes, most scores are 70+ with a high 60 here and there. In other words, nothing new. If you would like more information you can DM me directly and I'll see what I can do.

I think you should remove the nbde score reports, those are no longer used and are ancient history, just a waste of space and makes reading the chart confusing.

Thank you for those that were willing to share their scores. A few people sent me a long list of numbers with their respective programs, and while appreciated, I will only be posting scores received directly from an individual. I am doing this out of respect for those people in case they were not interested in sharing that information. For those interested in themes, most scores are 70+ with a high 60 here and there. In other words, nothing new. If you would like more information you can DM me directly and I'll see what I can do.
Most 70+ and a few high sixties here and there? Sounds like there might be a bit of self reporting selection bias.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you should remove the nbde score reports, those are no longer used and are ancient history, just a waste of space and makes reading the chart confusing.
I agree. Done.

Most 70+ and a few high sixties here and there? Sounds like there might be a bit of self reporting selection bias.
Undoubtedly

Reactions: 1 user
Program matched at: 6 year
International Student (yes/no): No
NBME scores: 74
Class Ranking/Size: 20/104
Externship(s)/where: MGH, Emory, Baylor, Loma Linda, Houston, Case
Research: tons: presented, published and awarded
Extracurriculars: tons
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 20/16/14/14/matched to my #2

The whole process was exhausting and expenisve, but made a lot of new friends on the trail and I’m happy to have matched!

Side note: if you’re curious, I calculated how much applying to OMS cost me (items included: pass apps, natmatch reg, supplemental fees, airfare, hotel/airbnb, ubers) and it came out to $11,813.20. Yikes! #brokeAF
Congrats

Congratulations to everyone who matched!
I was just wondering if anyone has applied for the intern position at University of Rochester UMRC?
Did anyone hear back from them?

Congrats to everyone who matched!
I had a question for the upcoming application cycle. For the Harvard/MGH OMFS program, it says that you need to submit an official college transcript on the website:
  • "Official undergraduate (college) transcript with verification of grade point average (GPA)"
I was just wondering if anyone knows if this program has a GPA cutoff for your undergrad GPA. Also, how do they verify your GPA? I'm a bit confused by what that means.

Lastly, for those who ended up getting an interview, if you are willing to share, what was your CBSE?
Thanks.

Hello, everyone. I am an Internationally trained oral maxillofacial surgeon. I am looking for a masters program in OMS. I am not a US citizen.
I have shadowed OMS practitioner in the USA. Can anyone share the information helpful for me. Thank you in advance.
my profile:
NBDE 1,2 - pass
TOEFL -97
GRE - 295
GPA - 3.2, 3.5
Research and Publications
teaching and clinical experience in OMS
Attended CE programs and Shadowing experience in U.S
Hello!
Could you tell me from where did you convert your grades from your home country to the US grading system to calculate your GPA accurate? is it from Scholaro Grade Conversion ? Also which is you country and what was the most common grade in your diploma?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello!
Could you tell me from where did you convert your grades from your home country to the US grading system to calculate your GPA accurate? is it from Scholaro Grade Conversion ? Also which is you country and what was the most common grade in your diploma?
Thanks in advance!
Hi, I am from India. It was ECE(Education Credential Evaluation). you need to get your foreign degree or marks evaluated by US grading system(ECE/WES)

The University of Nebraska Medical Center Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is offering a single non-categorical internship for the 2020-2021 academic year. The responsibilities of the intern will include primary trauma and dentoalveolar call, rotation on the OMFS Head and Neck Oncologic Service, operating room participation, performing local procedures in the clinic at UNMC and the Omaha VA, and floor responsibilities. The intern will rotate alongside the categorical residents and will participate in all clinical rotations that the categorical residents participate in. This includes performing sedations at Creighton University School of Dentistry and supervising dental students there at times. Applicants who are strongly interested in a career in OMFS and who are motivated towards developing into well rounded surgeons are encouraged to apply. This position will leave you well prepared and an excellent applicant for OMS. The position is from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. This position is fully funded at the PGY 1 position (currently at $57,534 - excellent salary!) with benefits, book stipend, and four weeks of vacation. Please see the UNMC GME benefits page for additional information. Interns will be required to obtain a temporary (educational) dental license in the state of Nebraska.

Interested applicants should send the following to Dr. Valmont Desa at [email protected]

· Two letters of recommendation

· CBSE scores (if available)

· Dental School transcript

· Letter of interest

· CV

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Surgery | University of Nebraska Medical Center

The University of Nebraska Medical Center Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is offering a single non-categorical internship for the 2020-2021 academic year. The responsibilities of the intern will include primary trauma and dentoalveolar call, rotation on the OMFS Head and Neck Oncologic Service, operating room participation, performing local procedures in the clinic at UNMC and the Omaha VA, and floor responsibilities. The intern will rotate alongside the categorical residents and will participate in all clinical rotations that the categorical residents participate in. This includes performing sedations at Creighton University School of Dentistry and supervising dental students there at times. Applicants who are strongly interested in a career in OMFS and who are motivated towards developing into well rounded surgeons are encouraged to apply. This position will leave you well prepared and an excellent applicant for OMS. The position is from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. This position is fully funded at the PGY 1 position (currently at $57,534 - excellent salary!) with benefits, book stipend, and four weeks of vacation. Please see the UNMC GME benefits page for additional information. Interns will be required to obtain a temporary (educational) dental license in the state of Nebraska.

Interested applicants should send the following to Dr. Valmont Desa at [email protected]

· Two letters of recommendation

· CBSE scores (if available)

· Dental School transcript

· Letter of interest

· CV

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Surgery | University of Nebraska Medical Center
Hi. I am a foreign trained Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon. with clinical, academic and research experience.
NBDE 1, 2 - Pass.
Am I eligible to apply for the internship as an International applicant?

Hi. I am a foreign trained Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon. with clinical, academic and research experience.
NBDE 1, 2 - Pass.
Am I eligible to apply for the internship as an International applicant?

Can you please provide me with any program that provides internship opportunities for foreign OMS.

Thank you.