***Official 2017 Orthodontic Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody receive offers yet from any non-Match programs? (UNLV, Seton Hill, Roseman, Jacksonville?) Supposedly, some were going to go out this week.

Last edited:
Anybody receive offers yet from any non-Match programs? (UNLV, Seton Hill, Roseman, Jacksonville?) Supposedly, some were supposed to go out this week.

Not on your list but I heard some people saying that UCLA had sent theirs out and filled their spots

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody receive offers yet from any non-Match programs? (UNLV, Seton Hill, Roseman, Jacksonville?) Supposedly, some were going to go out this week.

Seton Hill already sent out offers. I heard Jacksonville will be sometime next week.

Anyone with OU Interview on 11/4 able to trade? I am on 10/28.

I have Ph.D. in orthodontics and fellowship of European orthodontics society and many published research as well as nbde1 ..I admitted to all programs and I did not get any invitation ..I am so sad.....

I have Ph.D. in orthodontics and fellowship of European orthodontics society and many published research as well as nbde1 ..I admitted to all programs and I did not get any invitation ..I am so sad..... please can anyone explain to me what can I do///////There is a hope ...or I have admitted to DDS

Members don't see this ad :)
I have five published, spend six years to get Ph.D ....Do you think I have to leave all of that and go to DDS

I have Ph.D. in orthodontics and fellowship of European orthodontics society and many published research as well as nbde1 ..I admitted to all programs and I did not get any invitation ..I am so sad.....
Don't be sad, there is always hope and you can apply next year. They may see you as over qualified candidate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

I have Ph.D. in orthodontics and fellowship of European orthodontics society and many published research as well as nbde1 ..I admitted to all programs and I did not get any invitation ..I am so sad..... please can anyone explain to me what can I do///////There is a hope ...or I have admitted to DDS
Hey Ortohod80 you just need only 1 call so don't be disappointed. You have been persistent till now, you did Phd so apply again or meet the program directors personally by appointment.

University of Oklahoma/August 12th (phone)/Interview: Oct 28th or Nov 4th
UBC/Aug. 23rd (email)/Interview: Nov. 5th, social night before
Loma Linda/Aug 25th(phone)/Interview: October 10th or 11th
Indiana/Email 09-1/Interview Friday Oct. 14th, social the night before
Iowa 9/1 : interviews sept 23, and oct 13
Texas A & M/Sept 2 (phone)/Interview: Oct 4, Oct 5, Oct 6
U of Pacific/ Sept 2/ email - interview oct 10/11 with social the night before
Tufts / Sept 6 (email) / interviews Oct 24 or Oct 25 with social night before
University of Rochester/ email - interviews Sept 22-23, 26-27 or 29-30
Ohio State / Sep 7 (email) -- interview Oct 4 with social night before
St. Barnabas/Sept 7 (email)/ interview Oct 18 with social night before
Boston University/Sep 7(email)/interview on Oct 31 with social event on evening of Oct 30
Tennessee / Sep 8 (email) / Interview Oct 7 with social night before
UCLA / Sep 8 (email) / Interview Sep 26 with social night before
UNLV / Sept 9 (email) / Interview Oct 6 and 7 with social on the 6th
AT Still University/Sep 9(email) & Sept 15 (email) /interview on Oct 10 with social dinner on evening of Oct 10(same day) & Oct 11 with social dinner the day before on Oct 10
Seton Hill/ Sept 9 (email)/interview Oct 7th with social the night before
UNC Chapel Hill/ Sept 8 (phone)/ interview Oct 24 or 25 with social the night before
U of Illinois at Chicago / Sept 12 (email) / interview Oct 6th, 13th, 20th, or Nov 3rd with social the night before
Buffalo / Sept 14 (email) / Interview Oct 17th, 21st with social the night before
LSU/ Sept 14 (email) / Interview Oct 27, 28 with a social the evening of Oct 27
U of Michigan/ Sept 15 (phone) / Interview Oct 13th or 17th with social the night before
U of Pittsburgh/ Sept 15 (phone) / Interview Oct 7th or 10th with social the night before
Roseman/ Sept 15 (phone) / Interview Oct 4 or 5 with social on evening of Oct 4th
UTHSCSA/Sept 15 (email) / Interview Oct 24 or 25 with social the evening before
UTHSCH/Sept 16 (email) / Interview Oct 13 or 14 with social the evening before
OHSU / Sept 19 (Phone) / Interview Oct 27 or 28 with social the evening before
UCSF / Sept 20 (email) / Interview Oct 7 with social the night before
UMKC / Sept 20 (email)/ Interview Oct 17th with social the night before
UW / Sept 20 (email) / Interview Oct 17th with social the night before
VCU/ Sept 20 (email) / Interview Nov 3rd and 4th
Jacksonville / Sept 21 (email) / Interview Oct 3rd with social the night before
Harvard / Sept 21 (email) / Interview Nov 8 with social the night before
Colorado / Sept 21 (phone) / Interview Oct 20th, 21st, or 24th with social 20th
Maimonides / Sept 22 (email) / Interview Nov 15th
NYU / Sept 22 (email) / Interview Oct 14th with social the night before
UAB / Sept 26 (Phone) / Interview Oct 19th and 20th
Temple / Sept 26 (email) / Interview Oct 28 or Nov 7 with social the night before
U of Kentucky / Sept 27 (phone) Interview Oct 28
U of Minnesota / Sept 28 (email) / Interview Oct 24th with social the night before
Rutgers / Sept 28 (email) / Interview Oct 28th or Oct 31st with social the night before
WVU / Sept 29 (email) / Interview Oct 31st
Maryland/ Sept 29 (email) / Interview Oct 26 or 27 with social the night before
Montefiore/ Sept 29 and Sept 30 (email)/Interview Oct 14 or Oct 28 with Social the night before
UPENN / Sept 30 (email) / Interview Nov 2nd or 9th, no social indicated
Columbia/ Sept 30 (email) / Interview Oct 24 or 25 with social the night before
Case Western/ Sept 30, Oct 3 (email)/ Interview Oct 26 or 27 with social on 26th
U of Florida / Sept 30 (email) / Interview Nov 8th with social the night before
NYU Lutheran / Oct 1 (email) / Interview 10/21 no social mentioned- tell them by 10/10 if you can't attend so someone else can be invited
Uconn/ Oct 3 (call) / interview Nov 10 with social on Nov 9
Albert Einstein/ Oct 3 (phone)/ Interview 10/26 with social the night before
Bronx Lebanon Hospital/ Oct 3 (phone)/ Interview 10/20 with no mention of social night
Saint Louis University/ Oct 4 (email)/ Interview Oct 17/18/19/20 with social night before or after the interview
University of Western Ontario / Oct 4 (email)/ Oct 20 or 21
University of Manitoba / Oct 5 (Email) / Interview Oct 31-Nov 1
Detroit Mercy / Oct 7 (Email) / Interviews Nov 1st or Nov 4th with social the night before
Marquette University / Oct 10 (Email) / Interview Nov 10th or 11th with social on 10th
Stony Brook / Oct 14 (Email) / Interview Nov 3rd with social the night before

Thank you for everybody.I am so sad my psychology is not good I apply to 49 programs no one even calls me to interview.I am immigrant and do not have DDS ...To which university I can apply to be as a faculty staff.I asked many programs then told me that I have to earn degree in America to get po.sition in school.

So, did anyone apply to Nova? Any news from them? Thanks

Thank you for everybody.I am so sad my psychology is not good I apply to 49 programs no one even calls me to interview.I am immigrant and do not have DDS ...To which university I can apply to be as a faculty staff.I asked many programs then told me that I have to earn degree in America to get po.sition in school.
Same happened to me... long story short: apply to a 2 year international program so you can get your DDS.... I wasted 5 years trying to apply to Ortho without a DDS . That's the best advice I can give you.

Apply for a fellowship in orthodontics. It's usually 1 year and a way into entry for international students. They usually accept international Orthodontists and are especially interested in research backgrounds. It's helpful because of how difficult it is to go straight into an Ortho program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
did rochester send out offers yet? interview was end of september for many

did rochester send out offers yet? interview was end of september for many

Based on what we were told at the interview days I attended I was thinking mid-October. So it should be soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

SHDent, have you heard anything from University of Toronto?

Nope :-/

Not sure if they've sent out invites yet.

The UofT ortho department hosted an event this weekend so they've likely been occupied with organizing that. Should come soon - unless they've already come out :-O

Nope :-/

Not sure if they've sent out invites yet.

The UofT ortho department hosted an event this weekend so they've likely been occupied with organizing that. Should come soon - unless they've already come out :-O
Thanks!

Boston University/Sep 7(email)/interview on Oct 31 with social event on evening of Oct 30
AT Still University/Sep 9(email) & Sept 15 (email) /interview on Oct 10 with social dinner on evening of Oct 10(same day) & Oct 11 with social dinner the day before on Oct 10
UNC Chapel Hill/ Sept 8 (phone)/ interview Oct 24 or 25 with social the night before
U of Illinois at Chicago / Sept 12 (email) / interview Oct 6th, 13th, 20th, or Nov 3rd with social the night before
Buffalo / Sept 14 (email) / Interview Oct 17th, 21st with social the night before
U of Michigan/ Sept 15 (phone) / Interview Oct 13th or 17th with social the night before
U of Pittsburgh/ Sept 15 (phone) / Interview Oct 7th or 10th with social the night before
Roseman/ Sept 15 (phone) / Interview Oct 4 or 5 with social on evening of Oct 4th
Temple / Sept 26 (email) / Interview Oct 28 or Nov 7 with social the night before
U of Minnesota / Sept 28 (email) / Interview Oct 24th with social the night before
Rutgers / Sept 28 (email) / Interview Oct 28th or Oct 31st with social the night before
Montefiore/ Sept 29 and Sept 30 (email)/Interview Oct 14 or Oct 28 with Social the night before
Case Western/ Sept 30, Oct 3 (email)/ Interview Oct 26 or 27 with social on 26th
NYU Lutheran / Oct 1 (email) / Interview 10/21 no social mentioned- tell them by 10/10 if you can't attend so someone else can be invited
Bronx Lebanon Hospital/ Oct 3 (phone)/ Interview 10/20 with no mention of social night
Saint Louis University/ Oct 4 (email)/ Interview Oct 17/18/19/20 with social night before or after the interview
Detroit Mercy / Oct 7 (Email) / Interviews Nov 1st or Nov 4th with social the night before
Marquette University / Oct 10 (Email) / Interview Nov 10th or 11th with social on 10th
Mayo / Oct 17 (Phone) / Interview with multiple dates offered

Dear friends. First of all congratulations to all the candidates who were invited for an interview. You guys were really genius. I my case I haven't heard from any school so I am bit disappointed, but I think you guys can help me to try for the next time . As I am an international trained orthodontist. I have now decided to apply to few fellowship programs hence I request everyone to provide me some help. Could anyone suggest me a good fellowship program in orthodontics where they except foreign trained orthodontist.
Thanking you..!!!

Dear friends. First of all congratulations to all the candidates who were invited for an interview. You guys were really genius. I my case I haven't heard from any school so I am bit disappointed, but I think you guys can help me to try for the next time . As I am an international trained orthodontist. I have now decided to apply to few fellowship programs hence I request everyone to provide me some help. Could anyone suggest me a good fellowship program in orthodontics where they except foreign trained orthodontist.
Thanking you..!!!

Jacksonville has a lot of international faculty. Almost all their fellows are international and half their resident class is international. So I think that is a good internship for you to apply to. I'm pretty sure they always take their fellows too (I think!). The tuition for international students is insanely expensive though.

Jacksonville has a lot of international faculty. Almost all their fellows are international and half their resident class is international. So I think that is a good internship for you to apply to. I'm pretty sure they always take their fellows too (I think!). The tuition for international students is insanely expensive though.
thank you, brother for you help

Mayo / Oct 17 (Phone) / Interview with multiple dates offered
Nova/ Oct 18 and 19 (Email) / Interview Nov 3 or 7 [only 1 date offered] with social the night before

You may not have applied to the right programs. I am doing a fellowship this year w/ a couple of international orthodontists and they said that not all ortho programs accept international applicants. From what I understand, a lot of hospital-based programs do not accept international applicants who did not at least do an international DDS program. However, I know there are at least 18 programs who accept international applicants (one of my international orthodontist friends who applied this year applied to that many programs but told me there were about 30 programs that accept international candidates.). Have you considered doing a TMJ residency or Oral Radiology residency first? Then applying for ortho? I know that many programs love having these specialists in their programs. & it's not too late to apply for those programs b/c they are part of the second round of match. Also, are you an orthodontist in your home country or just well studied in ortho? If you are not a dentist or orthodontist in your country, then no US program will accept you until you have that completed. One last thought, you could do an ortho fellowship. Several schools have them. Best of luck!!

Last edited:
Thanking you..!!!

UCONN!! They have positions for clinical fellows & research fellows but if you are already an internationally trained orthodontist, you will be a clinical fellow (& you will be required to do some research but you will mostly be working in clinic). From what I found, UCONN is the cheapest fellowship program, but there may be others that I'm not aware of.

Hey Everyone! Something I thought they did last year that was really helpful was to fill out some info about yourself once you get in. I'll post it here. Please copy/paste & fill in your info. It really helps us know what non-match schools have made offers/filled their positions. It will also give you a chance to know who your co-residents are & can get connected with them. I haven't been offered a position at this time so I will leave this blank.

Name of Ortho School:
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS:
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency:
International Student (yes/no):
NBDE Part I/II scores:
GRE Score:
Class Rank:
Match/Non-Match:
Externship(s)/where:
Research:
Extracurriculars:
# of Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked:

Congrats to those of you who already received offers & are secured!! I greatly envy you!

Does anyone knows if Lutheran sent offers and /or filled their positions?