Official 2017-2018 GI Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty hard, having just gone through this I noticed that green card holders had a very difficult time. Unless exceptionallly high board scores and high reputation program (then may 5-10 interviews), but for the most part I would think you will get between 0-3 interviews. A lot of green card holders get interviews/match where they did residency. I love this "university affilated" program, dont joke anyone, now with health care systems nearly every doctors office from central alska to manhattan is "university affilated", you graduated from a community program

Did you apply before?
What happened in the last 5 years?

I think what your asking is not what are my chances (because you just have to apply and see what interivews you get, and then rank them) is more of what can I do to improve my application question. You should apply to every program, keep working on the research and crush any interviews. Connections help and try to make as many wherever/whenever you can...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I want to apply to GI fellowship 2019 in coming July. What do you think is my chance of matching?

IMG
IM residency program - University affiliated community hospital in 2013
MPH degree Univ of Washongton
Green card holder
Working as academic hospitalist
publications: 1 paper as third author, 1 paper as first author at CGH, 1 paper as second author
publications submitted: 1 paper first author, 1 paper as co-author
oral presentation: 1 (not Gi related)
posters and abstracts in conferences around 10

Thank you

please post this in the newly thread

Official 2018-2019 GI Fellowship Application Cycle

Pretty hard, having just gone through this I noticed that green card holders had a very difficult time. Unless exceptionallly high board scores and high reputation program (then may 5-10 interviews), but for the most part I would think you will get between 0-3 interviews. A lot of green card holders get interviews/match where they did residency. I love this "university affilated" program, dont joke anyone, now with health care systems nearly every doctors office from central alska to manhattan is "university affilated", you graduated from a community program

Did you apply before?

I think what your asking is not what are my chances (because you just have to apply and see what interivews you get, and then rank them) is more of what can I do to improve my application question. You should apply to every program, keep working on the research and crush any interviews. Connections help and try to make as many wherever/whenever you can...

Green card means you are permanent resident. You are seen as exactly the same as citizen, no different. Exactly the same work rights. If you are on a visa you are screwed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Did you apply before?

Thank you for the advice :)

Some programs will list that they do not sponsor H1Bs but will still call for interviews and reassure you during the interview that they do. I just applied as "well why not?" and had a pleasant surprise.
Which program ?