*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance #1 ( off the waitlist)
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date:
4/1/2016
Method of notification: PHONE CALL
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.9,4.0.3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/16 ( QR 17)
Wow congratulations!! You give me hope haha

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptance to USC! :D

Interviewed the 30th, got accepted April 1st! Could not be happier, can't wait to be a Trojan Anda dentist of course lol

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone here know when it would be a good time to reapply given that I haven't been admitted yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here know when it would be a good time to reapply given that I haven't been admitted yet?

I think now is a good time if you haven't been accepted yet. April 1st was the deadline for many students to drop multiple acceptances and choose one school. So I imagine last week and this week is the time when the waitlist is moving. Definitely get a start on it if you hear nothing by Tuesday or Wednesday.

At this point it's also only 2 months until the next cycle opens so it's best if you start working on your app as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance at reapplying.

I think now is a good time if you haven't been accepted yet. April 1st was the deadline for many students to drop multiple acceptances and choose one school. So I imagine last week and this week is the time when the waitlist is moving. Definitely get a start on it if you hear nothing by Tuesday or Wednesday.

At this point it's also only 2 months until the next cycle opens so it's best if you start working on your app as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance at reapplying.

how do you know this? And is this a strict deadline or do some schools have deadlines well into April?

how do you know this? And is this a strict deadline or do some schools have deadlines well into April?

If you go to your AADSAS portal (not mobile version) on the left hand side in the "Help" tab. Second from the bottom is "ADEA AADSAS Offers of Admission" link. Click that and this PDF comes up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.54.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.54.16 AM.png
    624.9 KB · Views: 192

Is it possible that some dental schools dont send it til next week? Or is it a high percentage that send it in by this week?

Is it possible that some dental schools dont send it til next week? Or is it a high percentage that send it in by this week?

I'd say wait till the 2nd half of April. mainly because tomorrow AADSAS will get back to dental schools about who has deposits at multiple schools and accepted students will now have to chose 1 school. Should take 2 weeks for schools to get through the accepted and drain any possible waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
I'd say wait till the 2nd half of April. mainly because tomorrow AADSAS will get back to dental schools about who has deposits at multiple schools and accepted students will now have to chose 1 school. Should take 2 weeks for schools to get through the accepted and drain any possible waitlist

what do you mean by drain? :eek:

I hope the waitlist at Buffalo moves soon. I'm having nervous breakdowns daily here

what do you mean by drain? :eek:

I hope the waitlist at Buffalo moves soon. I'm having nervous breakdowns daily here

poor choice of word.. i just meant to say go through the waitlist and accept more people - Depending on the school class size

It's completely possible, it varies per school and for waitlists, they still may wait all the way until the day class starts. Either way, if anyone plans on reapplying, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start now. Even if you wait until midway through April, if a school doesn't respond still then you don't want to be caught with only a month and half to work on your application especially if you're aiming to reapply as soon as the cycle opens.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe with the April 1 deadline, schools see if you're holding multiple seats and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they give you 2 weeks to decide if you want to keep your seat/ before they kick you out of their class for holding multiple seats. So for those hoping, I'd give it a couple more weeks

I believe with the April 1 deadline, schools see if you're holding multiple seats and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they give you 2 weeks to decide if you want to keep your seat/ before they kick you out of their class for holding multiple seats. So for those hoping, I'd give it a couple more weeks

This is true. Some schools vary with how quickly they'll notify you. I had one on April 1st around 12pm through a phone call notify me about the deadline while another hasn't said anything... Some schools definitely try to firm up their class during this time, but I imagine some will take the full 15 days.

Interview #6: UCLA
Notif date: 4/4/16
Idk they interview this late

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance #1: :banana:

School: Tufts University
Notification date: 4/4/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail out-date: 09/18/15
Application complete date: 10/21/15
Undergraduate GPA (science/overall): 2.54/2.74
Graduate GPA (science/overall): 3.77/3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Below 17): 20/21/24/20/None

Will be withdrawing my waitlist positions at UDM, Roseman, and USC!

Reactions: 27 users

Congrats! well deserved :banana::clap::banana:

Congratulations, do you mind me asking when you interviewed? Thanks!

Also does anyone know if there's a deadline that schools have to tell you what their decisions are? I still haven't heard from nine schools... I feel like if they are pressuring us to make a decision it isn't fair for them to keep us waiting as well.

Also does anyone know if there's a deadline that schools have to tell you what their decisions are? I still haven't heard from nine schools... I feel like if they are pressuring us to make a decision it isn't fair for them to keep us waiting as well.
Nope, I still haven't heard from some schools from last years application. :rofl::wtf:

Reactions: 5 users
Lol you should inquire about the status of your app. Say you've been patiently waiting for a decision
Haha, wow imagine that. They'd be like wtf is wrong with this guy didn't he get the message we don't like him

Ditto I interviewed then heard nothing back from the school. Keep your chin up! Reapplying (if you end up having to) may suck but it's not the worst thing in the world.

*cough* BU *cough*

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Haha no I didn't apply there last year or this year I didn't hear back from UIC, Michigan, or siu until they started classes, I haven't heard from siu at all this year and I'm starting to think there was an issue with the mail I sent lmao. Whateva

Haha no I didn't apply there last year or this year I didn't hear back from UIC, Michigan, or siu until they started classes, I haven't heard from siu at all this year and I'm starting to think there was an issue with the mail I sent lmao. Whateva

Did you interview with UIC/SIU that cycle?

how do we drop multiple acceptances and only pick one?

how do we drop multiple acceptances and only pick one?
email the school saying you'd like to withdraw your spot at their school/acceptance and have decided to go elsewhere....

Last edited:
Anyone dropping any Stony Brook acceptances...? :bag:

The interview calls sent by the Colorado are for which batches now ? Is it for 2016 or 2017 ?

This is very transient period for schools because applicants can only hold 1 seat as of now and I imagine there are people still deciding since they still have a little over a week to decide before schools can pull their offers.

I'm assuming some schools are not full as well so an interview now could mean acceptance over waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone drop Tufts recently?

Whats AEGD guys ? I wanted to know whether its same as that of DDS ? and can we practice dentistry after AEGD ?

Whats AEGD guys ? I wanted to know whether its same as that of DDS ? and can we practice dentistry after AEGD ?

AEGD stands for Advanced Education in General Dentistry. It's a one-year residency that you can do after you obtain your DDS or DMD. It's basically an option that you have once you graduate your program to see if you want to get an extended education/experience on general dentistry.

Last edited:
And its a better option to consider as DDS is pricey ?

Oh. You have to complete a DDS or DMD degree to even be considered for a AEGD program.

It's a type of residency after graduating from dental school.

As per my information AEGD does give you a licence to practive in 13 states, and neither does enrollment for this program require NBDE 1,2 (few ), Fee structure is appx 50,000$.
Whether DDS/DMD is must after AEGD , i really am so confused. Please help me in this guys .