*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance #1.
Roseman CODM.

Notification date: 3/24
Interview date: October
Method of notification: call
Residency:ID
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 19/18/25/21/none.

now I'm feeling relieved. I will be calling and denying my interview at touro today.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just curious, are you giving up your waitlist spot at Tufts? Thanks!

I may if I don't get priority waitlist by early April. If I'm not on priority, then the chances of even getting into the class is very low. I'm already settling in with where I'm going and I'll definitely feel it once I finish putting down my deposit!

Acceptance #1.
Roseman CODM.

now I'm feeling relieved. I will be calling and denying my interview at touro today.

Congrats! I was waitlisted there last year and this year =/. You must be over the moon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #1.
Roseman CODM.

I applied to Touro on 1/7 and I haven't heard back from them at all. I've made a few inquiries in February and March and they said I am still under review. I'm tempted to tell them I am no longer interested out of spite.

GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/22/none.

Last edited:
I applied to Touro on 1/7 and I haven't heard back from then at all. I've made a few inquiries in February and March and they said I am still under review. I'm tempted to tell them I am no longer interested out of spite.

GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/22/none.
I applied to touro the same day, got an interview invite Tuesday, and my gpa is MUCH lower than yours. Their timeline seems very random for interview invites

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I may if I don't get priority waitlist by early April. If I'm not on priority, then the chances of even getting into the class is very low. I'm already settling in with where I'm going and I'll definitely feel it once I finish putting down my deposit!

Congrats! I was waitlisted there last year and this year =/. You must be over the moon!
Thank you! How do you know if you're on a priority waitlist? I'm just wondering because when I spoke to Admissions at Tufts, they told me that their waitlist isn't ranked, and when a spot opens up they do a wholistic review of all the applicants. Just wondering because I really want to go there. Thanks!!

I applied to touro the same day, got an interview invite Tuesday, and my gpa is MUCH lower than yours. Their timeline seems very random for interview invites

So do you suggest I should just wait it out then? Not sure what gives. I had friends with low DATs and lower GPAs who had their interview in February.

So do you suggest I should just wait it out then? Not sure what gives. I had friends with low DATs and lower GPAs who had their interview in February.
Yeah. Do you think they might feel like you have another acceptance because your gpa is so high?

Yeah. Do you think they might feel like you have another acceptance because your gpa is so high?

I don't think so. I've let them know my interest with two of their admissions representatives. My proximity to their location is close as well.

Thank you! How do you know if you're on a priority waitlist? I'm just wondering because when I spoke to Admissions at Tufts, they told me that their waitlist isn't ranked, and when a spot opens up they do a wholistic review of all the applicants. Just wondering because I really want to go there. Thanks!!

From what I understand it's waitlist -> priority waitlist/deferred -> acceptance. So it's mainly as each section moves, you move to the next tier.

From what I understand it's waitlist -> priority waitlist/deferred -> acceptance. So it's mainly as each section moves, you move to the next tier.
Thanks for the info! I'm just confused because that doesn't align with what admission told me. Either way, good luck!

Is it a good idea to call admissions office and ask about your current status? I don't want to be annoying or pushy, but at the same time I want to let them know I'm still interested.

Luckily I just moved, so I had an excuse to call and make an address change with their records and check in.

Interview #7 (#1 U of Minnesota - No news, #2 U of Michigan Rejected, #3 Nova-Waitlisted, #4 USC- Accepted, #5 NYU- Waitlisted, #6 Touro - Didn't go)

School: UOP
Notification date: 3/25/16
Interview date: 4/18/16
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/02/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.53, 3.48, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/19/Yes QR 16

Can't believe I actually got an interview from this school=]

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol it's funny they took so long to answer, like how messed up is that, not that it matters cause I'll be going elsewhere anyway , but it's just strange lol

Yeah I'm going somewhere else too.. I actually met with tufts faculty last year to talk about improving, followed their directions, and it made no difference haha. Oh well it worked for other schools so it's cool!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected from tufts no interview lol

Same lol

Same. Part of me wonders if I would have been interviewed if I'd tried showing interest. The other part doesn't care because it knows I was never going to end up at Tufts lol

Reactions: 2 users
Same. Part of me wonders if I would have been interviewed if I'd tried showing interest. The other part doesn't care because it knows I was never going to end up at Tufts lol
yeah I agree, like Im going somewhere else, and deff still would have made the same choice , but I guess were all a little curious, I suppose some of the process is very random, at least my pre health advisor insists it is haha

Yeah I'm going somewhere else too.. I actually met with tufts faculty last year to talk about improving, followed their directions, and it made no difference haha. Oh well it worked for other schools so it's cool!

congrats! glad it worked out for you :)

Rejection #3 (Interviews: #1 UNE, #2 Midwestern-IL, #3 UDM, #4 MOSDOH, #5 Marquette, #6 Kentucky, #7 Michigan)
School: Tufts (#1 Louisville, #2 VCU)
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.5+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): None below 17

Rejection #3 (Interviews: #1 UNE, #2 Midwestern-IL, #3 UDM, #4 MOSDOH, #5 Marquette, #6 Kentucky, #7 Michigan)
School: Tufts (#1 Louisville, #2 VCU)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.5+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): None below 17
u were accepted or rejected from tufts?

For those of you who are Texas residents and submitted your application super early, did you still wait for your spring grades to be posted or submitted your application before then ?
Waited for spring grades. Seems fishy if you don't include them.

Well you can update your app anytime because even if u submit it early, they aren't looking at them until mid July according to an admissions dentist on one of the dental schools committee.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Exactly. As long as they get them its fine. I didn't submit a transcript until my spring grades were out. There's really no point in sending two transcripts when you don't have to.

So is it better to submit the app before your grades are out or mid/end of May when the grades are out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Like you said. Schools don't start looking at apps until mid July. So honestly it really doesn't matter when you send them off. As long as your app is complete and processed by mid July.
Also TMDSAS opens May 1st.

Acceptance #1
School: MOSDOH
Notification date: 1/12
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/21/23/yes bio

Acceptance #2
School: University of Minnesota
Notification date: 2/9
Method of notification: email
Application complete date: 8/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.6/3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/21/23/ yes bio

Wait listed: Iowa
Acceptance #3
School: University of Iowa
Notification date: 3/28
Method of notification: phone call
Application complete date: 8/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.6/3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/21/23/ yes bio

3 interviews 3 acceptances! Will be attending Minnesota.

Rejection #8: University of Maryland

This is my only rejection after an interview, interviewed on 11/17. CA resident. I received the rejection via snail mail in the form of a hand signed letter by the dean this past Saturday 3/26. I thought that was very respectful- I'm just happy to get some news.

Last edited:
Hey quick question to everyone. What date does it become available to schools how many seats you are holding at schools? I intend to drop a school but haven't paid the other deposit yet so I don't want it to effect me so I can get it done before that date.

Hey quick question to everyone. What date does it become available to schools how many seats you are holding at schools? I intend to drop a school but haven't paid the other deposit yet so I don't want it to effect me so I can get it done before that date.

"Starting April 1, dental schools report to ADEA AADSAS the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position in a dental school entering class, or both. After April 5, ADEA AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice."

Reactions: 3 users
"Starting April 1, dental schools report to ADEA AADSAS the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position in a dental school entering class, or both. After April 5, ADEA AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice."
Thank you

Does anyone know if NYU is interviewing for wait-list or actual open spots?
i interviewed last week - it was their last set of interviews.

Rejecting all my oos acceptances here on out including the deposit at UNLV good luck whoever gets it!

Interview #3
School: SIU
Notification date: March 30
Residency: IL
Application complete date: July-ish?
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21

This would be awesome, except I already accepted at another school, planned my life/schedule around going there, and my girlfriend got a job there...

where did you get this from??

Do you guys know if the ADEA AADSAS reports being on wait lists to dental schools as well? Or is it just holding a position in a dental school entering class, putting down a deposit or both?

Do you guys know if the ADEA AADSAS reports being on wait lists to dental schools as well? Or is it just holding a position in a dental school entering class, putting down a deposit or both?
only if u put a deposit. they don't release waitlist names

Acceptance #1 ( off the waitlist)
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 4/1/2016
Method of notification: PHONE CALL
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.9,4.0.3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/16 ( QR 17)

Reactions: 22 users
Acceptance #1 ( off the waitlist)
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date:
4/1/2016
Method of notification: PHONE CALL
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.9,4.0.3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/16 ( QR 17)
ayyy 18 AA club checking in. :highfive:

Reactions: 2 users