*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As per my information AEGD does give you a licence to practive in 13 states, and neither does enrollment for this program require NBDE 1,2 (few ), Fee structure is appx 50,000$.
Whether DDS/DMD is must after AEGD , i really am so confused. Please help me in this guys .

To get into an AEGD, you MUST have a DMD or DDS. This is true for any dental residency. The program is not an alternative to dental school.

AEGD is a residency after dental school that is optional and is meant to help people who want to improve their skills if they feel that they need more practice after acquiring a DDS or DMD. It also allows you in 13 states to qualify for a license instead of taking a national exam (ie WREB and NERB).

For example if I want to practice in California after getting my DDS or DMD, then I can either do an AEGD for one year and apply for my license OR take the WREB Exam in my 4th year of dental school and then apply for my license after I get my DMD or DDS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
As per my information AEGD does give you a licence to practive in 13 states, and neither does enrollment for this program require NBDE 1,2 (few ), Fee structure is appx 50,000$.
Whether DDS/DMD is must after AEGD , i really am so confused. Please help me in this guys .
I can assure you, there is no one year program to replace four years of dental school. AEGD is for after you have finished dental school and is a way to get additional clinical practice.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm... we've reached 100 pages this cycle.

Reactions: 5 users
Minnesota, San Antonio, Houston - These schools are not a part of CAAPID. So we have to apply through the websites ?

Minnesota, San Antonio, Houston - These schools are not a part of CAAPID. So we have to apply through the websites ?

It looks like based off your posts you want to apply to an IDS program since you are an international dentist (CAAPID is for foreign trained dentists). This thread you are posting in is meant for people that are hearing back this cycle and so questions are more focused on those topics. All the people posting in here are generally US/Canadian Citizens applying to get into dental school and so we are familiar with AADSAS and not CAPPID which has it's own requirements and process. As a result we won't have the proper answers you're looking for.

I think you will get more help if you post a thread in the International Dental forum since people there will be more knowledgeable about your situation. Good luck to you! http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/international-dental.53/

Reactions: 1 users
Should we expect a lot of movement this upcoming week? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #2! (#1 MWU-AZ)

School: Temple
Acceptance date: 4/11/16
Interview date: 3/29/16
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.01, 3.35, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17):20/20/24/22/none

Reactions: 8 users
Acceptance -- Columbia! :)
Off the wait list, interviewed 1/29, accepted 4/7. If you're on the wait list, stay strong!

Reactions: 17 users
Yes!! I can't speak for all schools, because I'm sure each of them have different policies. At MWU AZ, in the acceptance email they said I had to do a "non refundable deposit" by a certain date. However, when I went to my student account through their portal to sign the matriculation agreement, I saw that I could get a partial refund if I submitted a written notice to the admissions committee 90 before matriculation. I also had to formally ask for that partial refund in my letter. So just read all the fine print :)
Hey, do you mind telling me how you got some $ back?

Hey, do you mind telling me how you got some $ back?
Sure, I wrote a letter to the admissions committee letting them know that I was going to decline their offer. By the time I wrote the letter I had already paid the entire matriculation deposit, so I asked for a refund since I wasn't going to be attending anymore. Within three weeks, a received a check in the mail.

Sure, I wrote a letter to the admissions committee letting them know that I was going to decline their offer. By the time I wrote the letter I had already paid the entire matriculation deposit, so I asked for a refund since I wasn't going to be attending anymore. Within three weeks, a received a check in the mail.
Was it for $100? Going to send a letter also.

Acceptance #5
UCLA
3.87 GPA/21 DAT
Date of notification: 04/07/2016

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance -- Columbia! :)
Off the wait list, interviewed 1/29, accepted 4/7. If you're on the wait list, stay strong!

Can you share your stats please?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

what are your ECs and shadowing like?
70 hours shadowing a GP, about 600 hours volunteering in the US and abroad, leadership positions in three college organizations, about 100 hours of research in undergrad, and over 1000 hours as a dental lab assistant

Reactions: 1 users
Case Western is done with interviews this cycle. Notified: 4/14/16.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #3
School: SIU
Notification date: March 30
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
Application complete date: July-ish?
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21

This would be awesome, except I already accepted at another school, planned my life/schedule around going there, and my girlfriend got a job there...

SIU is still giving interviews??
I wonder if there is hope for me! I have a similar gpa and slightly lower DAT and only got one interview and still not accepted yet. And I'm an Illinois resident so I thought I would at least get an Interview ..

Acceptance #2! (#1 MWU-AZ)

School: Temple
Acceptance date: 4/11/16
Interview date: 3/29/16
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.01, 3.35, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17):20/20/24/22/none

CONGRATS! My stats are similar to yours and I interviewed in Jan. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do after your interview? Any advice? I'm still waiting to hear back from them

SIU is still giving interviews??
I wonder if there is hope for me! I have a similar gpa and slightly lower DAT and only got one interview and still not accepted yet. And I'm an Illinois resident so I thought I would at least get an Interview ..
Apparently they still are, at least as of March 30. I wonder what the odds of actually being accepted from interview there are now. The ADEA guide said about 1/3 of in-state applicants are interviewed, and a little less than half enrolled

Is anybody still waiting to hear back from Maryland, especially pre-December?

Is anybody still waiting to hear back from Maryland, especially pre-December?
I interviewed pre December and I got rejected recently. I think they're full, but I'm not positive.

I interviewed pre December and I got rejected recently. I think they're full, but I'm not positive.

Thank you for the reply. I am curious why I still have not heard anything.

Apparently they still are, at least as of March 30. I wonder what the odds of actually being accepted from interview there are now. The ADEA guide said about 1/3 of in-state applicants are interviewed, and a little less than half enrolled

Seems from previous years threads it is not unusual that they are still Interviewing this late. So I think you have a pretty good chance. Good luck! When is your interview date? If you like the interview and they offer a spot, do you think you'll go there and drop your other acceptance?

Seems from previous years threads it is not unusual that they are still Interviewing this late. So I think you have a pretty good chance. Good luck! When is your interview date? If you like the interview and they offer a spot, do you think you'll go there and drop your other acceptance?

From what I've read and heard this is definitely a longer cycle than previous years...

For all schools?

Just some schools taking longer to inform. Some are a bit better I think at communicating to applicants than others and I think there are a decent amount of applicants who are still making decisions between schools. Hopefully by May everyone will be done.

Maryland is full. A lot of schools are by this point and if they aren't they will be very shortly.

My interview is tomorrow. And it depends on a lot of factors, including what I think of the school/area when I interview, but my guess is yes.

Congrats! :) Do you mind sharing your stats?

Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Congrats to all whom were accepted!

Is there anyone who got accepted that will be dropping their seat in Nova?