*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none
That's awesome congratulations! It's always awesome when we get to go to our state schools! Especially UMich I'd choose that any day over UDM.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was fortunate enough to be accepted to university of Maryland and stony brook dental school... What is everyone's views on these schools? I'm so torn between the two

I was fortunate enough to be accepted to university of Maryland and stony brook dental school... What is everyone's views on these schools? I'm so torn between the two

They're both amazing schools but I would go with Maryland

You can't go wrong with either, I interviewed at stony brook and loved the area. However, Maryland in my opinion seems like you would get more patient exposure, but overall experience I think I would lean toward stony brook. Just evaluate the pros and cons and see which one you can imagine yourself being happy at for the next four years, rather than what people may tell you is the "better" school.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a friendly reminder to everyone! If you have been accepted to multiple schools, please call/email/mail (any communication platform) the schools that you will definitely not be going to and inform them that you would like to graciously deny their acceptance. It might open up some spots, thereby making the process much more bearable and less stressful for our fellow 2015-2016 cycle applicants :) Think about what you would want if you were in their shoes!

Reactions: 20 users
Just a friendly reminder to everyone! If you have been accepted to multiple schools, please call/email/mail (any communication platform) the schools that you will definitely not be going to and inform them that you would like to graciously deny their acceptance. It might open up some spots, thereby making the process much more bearable and less stressful for our fellow 2015-2016 cycle applicants :) Think about what you would want if you were in their shoes!

I know students with multiple seats are told to let schools know if they are not attending, but what exactly happens if they don't? All the schools they've been accepted to start dropping them automatically?

I know students with multiple seats are told to let schools know if they are not attending, but what exactly happens if they don't? All the schools they've been accepted to start dropping them automatically?

The schools will rescind the offer.

The schools will rescind the offer.

Yes I believe those applicants will be given a 15 day ultimatum to make a decision, whenever the schools find it necessary to do so.

So noone will be stupid enougj to risk their seat(s) by not having called them within that 15 day.

So at this point, schools should have a clear idea how many seats are available to give out, right?

You can't go wrong with either, I interviewed at stony brook and loved the area. However, Maryland in my opinion seems like you would get more patient exposure, but overall experience I think I would lean toward stony brook. Just evaluate the pros and cons and see which one you can imagine yourself being happy at for the next four years, rather than what people may tell you is the "better" school.
Thanks for your response !! Where are u going next year?

Members don't see this ad :)
So noone will be stupid enougj to risk their seat(s) by not having called them within that 15 day.

So at this point, schools should have a clear idea how many seats are available to give out, right?

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/aadsas/documents/trafficrules-applicants.pdf

According to the traffic rules:

If all schools sent out the 15 day notice right away on April 5th, then you are correct in that they should know how many seats are open for the class of 2020 by this Thursday.
I'm not really sure how quickly schools send out notices to students, so it maybe near the end of this week or later.

Things are going to be moving along real soon! Good luck everyone :D

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for your response !! Where are u going next year?
I am actually going to UDM because I really liked the tour and speaking with the students made Detroit, surprisingly, appeal to me. Detroit is definitely on the come up and improving as a town and also I have some family in the area. I did get into Stony Brook and a few other schools, and Stony Brook would be my top choice if I wasn't somewhat biased and selected UDM.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone plan on dropping their seat at UIC, Marquette, or UDM?

I am actually going to UDM because I really liked the tour and speaking with the students made Detroit, surprisingly, appeal to me. Detroit is definitely on the come up and improving as a town and also I have some family in the area. I did get into Stony Brook and a few other schools, and Stony Brook would be my top choice if I wasn't somewhat biased and selected UDM.
I respect that. Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

1st and probably the only acceptance!!!

School: TOURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notification date: 4/20
Method of notification: E-amil
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 1/15 (for touro specifically)
Application complete date: 1/15 (for touro specifically)
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/17/none

first person I told about the acceptance was my wife..

Reactions: 16 users

congrats on your acceptance!! your going to be a DENTIST!!!!

congrats on your acceptance!! your going to be a DENTIST!!!!

say that again!!! say that again!!! I can't believe it!! my wife can't believe it!! she's already looking for a job there.. We are so overly excited.

Reactions: 9 users

Congratulations! That is so exciting to hear!!!

Reactions: 2 users

CONGRATS!!! :) OMG THAT'S AWESOME. So when did you interview?

CONGRATS!!! :) OMG THAT'S AWESOME. So when did you interview?

interview date was pretty late, 3/23, third or fourth from last group. Since Touro didn't have any seats filled, so I don't think late interviewees were disadvantaged.

I know this sounds cliche, but stay positive! I was in the same situation as you until today and I am sure a lot of us will hear good news throughout the week like someone said. I was waitlisted at 4 schools, rejected by 1 (MWU-IL, same as you), and was waiting for Touro, and Touro took me in.

Last edited:
interview date was pretty late, 3/23, third or fourth from last group. Since Touro didn't have any seats filled, so I don't think late interviewees were disadvantaged.

I know this sounds cliche, but stay positive! I was in the same situation as you until today and I am sure a lot of us will hear good news throughout the week like someone said. I was waitlisted at 4 schools, rejected by 1 (MWU-IL, same as you), and was waiting for Touro, and Touro took me in.

Well thank you! Staying hopeful. I appreciate the positive vibes. Congrats again :)

According to your listed stats you got a "None" in Reading and got into Touro! Wow! Pretty impressive!

Acceptance #1!!!!! (From my one & only interview)

School: Tufts School of Dental Medicine
Acceptance date: 4/20/16
Interview date: 2/2/16
Method of notification: e-mail
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 2.72, 2.64, 2.92--(SMP Overall & Science GPA:3.5)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17):19/19/22/17/none

I just wanted to let you guys out there who don't have the best stats to know that if you want to be a dentist, to keep pushing. I was so discouraged for the longest time especially being on SDN and seeing so many stellar scores/GPAs. After constant reevaluation of my life, I ultimately knew deep down that this is what I really wanted and through several hours or volunteering/shadowing/extracurricular activities on top of revamping how I studied by putting myself through a rigorous grad program, I finally got what I've wanted for many years. My scores are well below stats and if I can do it, anyone who wants it as much as me can do it. Just have faith and keep working towards your goal. Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant and OMG...I'M GOING TO BE A DENTIST!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 43 users

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17/2015

I just wanted to let you guys out there who don't have the best stats to know that if you want to be a dentist, to keep pushing. I was so discouraged for the longest time especially being on SDN and seeing so many stellar scores/GPAs. After constant reevaluation of my life, I ultimately knew deep down that this what I really wanted and through several hours or volunteering/shadowing/extracurricular activities on top of revamping how I studied by putting myself through a rigorous grad program, I finally got what I've wanted for many years. My scores are well below stats and if I can do it, anyone who wants it as much as me can do it. Just have faith and keep working towards your goal. Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant and OMG...I'M GOING TO BE A DENTIST!!!!!!!!! :)

This is just awesome! This will inspire a lot of students just feeling down and discouraged.

Congrats!

I just wanted to let you guys out there who don't have the best stats to know that if you want to be a dentist, to keep pushing. I was so discouraged for the longest time especially being on SDN and seeing so many stellar scores/GPAs. After constant reevaluation of my life, I ultimately knew deep down that this what I really wanted and through several hours or volunteering/shadowing/extracurricular activities on top of revamping how I studied by putting myself through a rigorous grad program, I finally got what I've wanted for many years. My scores are well below stats and if I can do it, anyone who wants it as much as me can do it. Just have faith and keep working towards your goal. Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant and OMG...I'M GOING TO BE A DENTIST!!!!!!!!! :)
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I've seen you from other treads as well as Tuft's tread and hoped that you would get accepted since you got interview invited from Tuft. You made it! :)

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I've seen you from other treads as well as Tuft's tread and hoped that you would get accepted since you got interview invited from Tuft. You made it! :)

Aww. Thank you so much for your kind words!!! I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm curious to ask why you chose udm over stony ? Not that it's in any way bad , just would like to hear how you decided , congrats on both by the way!

AHHH! Congrats :)) this made me super happy. I love hearing stories like this ~ You totally deserve this & know with your dedication & hard work that you will be an amazing dentist!! Go celebrate and enjoy your time off before school starts :D

Congratulations!! :highfive:

Your app was mailed out on 6/17! Only a few people really know and understand the struggle you went through waiting for this acceptance.
You really deserve it!! Everything's going to be different for you now! You can have confidence now knowing you made it. Be proud of yourself and your achievement :)

Congratulations!! :highfive:

Your app was mailed out on 6/17! Only a few people really know and understand the struggle you went through waiting for this acceptance.
You really deserve it!! Everything's going to be different for you now! You can have confidence now knowing you made it. Be proud of yourself and your achievement :)

Ahhh thank you thank you! I just realized that 6/17 was the designated date. I'm glad you caught that! My mailing date was actually 7/2 so it was in the second batch. I just re-edited my post so it won't confuse anyone else!

And yes, my academic confidence is definitely rebuilt for sure. It was such a confidence struggle for me the past years Anyways, thank you so much again :)

Forgot to post this-

Acceptance: Penn

Notification date: 4/21/16
Method of notification: Call
Interview Date: 1/14/16
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 8/7/15
GPA: 3.73 science/3.70 BCP/3.82 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/none

I'll be attending.

Reactions: 15 users
Forgot to post this-

I'll be attending.

way to go! congrats.

Forgot to post this-

I'll be attending.
Don't act too excited;)
Congrats!!

Forgot to post this-

I'll be attending.
That's amazing congrats :)

are there really no more acceptances at this point? I thought April was supposed to be the most active month with people dropping their seats left and right.

Reactions: 3 users
are there really no more acceptances at this point? I thought April was supposed to be the most active month with people dropping their seats left and right.
a lot of people don't use sdn

Received an acceptance call to Louisville this morning. I already have one at MUSC, which school do you guys think is the better choice?

Do you guys think I still have a chance to get in this year? Wait listed at multiple schools gpa 3.5+ dat 20+