*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't believe our cycle is coming to an end lol
Good riddance. This year has been ridiculously full of uncertainty. Time to pass that off to someone else :clown:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
Good riddance. This year has been ridiculously full of uncertainty. Time to pass that off to someone else :clown:
most deff! it just feels so surreal to finally be on the other side, and be accepted ya know? like in a few months well be dental students and no longer predents , kinda crazy how time goes, I remember studying ten hours a day for my dat last summer like it was yesterday

Reactions: 12 users
I think so too. Also light course load raised some concerns as it has been discussed during one of my interviews. So future predents, don't just take bare minimum 12 units, lol

Is it fine to take a light course load senior year (12-14 credits/semes)? If say the previous 3 years were normal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it fine to take a light course load senior year (12-14 credits/semes)? If say the previous 3 years were normal?
Yes. As long as the classes are challenging. I took 13 credits all of senior year but had a few graduate levels classes in the mix.

Reactions: 1 users

most deff! it just feels so surreal to finally be on the other side, and be accepted ya know? like in a few months well be dental students and no longer predents , kinda crazy how time goes, I remember studying ten hours a day for my dat last summer like it was yesterday

I'm flying out to AZ tomorrow to go look for housing for DENTAL SCHOOL and I'm still in disbelief at times. In 5 months, I'm quitting my job, moving across the county, and becoming a dentist?!? Is this real life?!

Reactions: 8 users
I'm flying out to AZ tomorrow to go look for housing for DENTAL SCHOOL and I'm still in disbelief at times. In 5 months, I'm quitting my job, moving across the county, and becoming a dentist?!? Is this real life?!
It's all just a dream. I'll wake you in the morning.

Just a heads up guys! Read the fine print of your matriculation agreements after you give a deposit. Most schools claim your deposit is non-refundable, but I just got a partial refund from MWU AZ because I followed their instructions on how to request it. It was in super small print and I think most students might miss it. Just sayin, a partial refund is better than losing the entire amount!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anything is better than my pre-acceptance dreams. In one of them, all of my teeth turned into kernels of corn and every school rejected me because I had corn instead of teeth.
I always had dreams that my teeth disintegrated and I had mouthfuls of ground bone -_-

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I think so too. Also light course load raised some concerns as it has been discussed during one of my interviews. So future predents, don't just take bare minimum 12 units, lol
The ironic thing is, if you would have taken 1 or two courses more/semester and had a 3.5 instead of a 3.9, you would have been accepted to all those schools lol

Reactions: 1 user
Just a heads up guys! Read the fine print of your matriculation agreements after you give a deposit. Most schools claim your deposit is non-refundable, but I just got a partial refund from MWU AZ because I followed their instructions on how to request it. It was in super small print and I think most students might miss it. Just sayin, a partial refund is better than losing the entire amount!!
How does this work? So I might be able to get my deposit from a school I won't be attending back?

Acceptance #1: MWU-az (off waitlist)

notified: March 15, 2016
Application complete: October 19, 2015
Invited for interview: Oct 22, 2015
Interviewed: Dec 4, 2015
DAT: 22 (everything above 20 except Qr=19), GPA 3.8

Not sure if I'm going to take it, but still happy I at least got one acceptance :)

Reactions: 12 users

Not sure if I'm going to take it, but still happy I at least got one acceptance :)
congrats!

Congrats! What other schools did you apply to?

Got NYU interview coming up!
Any advice?

Just be yourself. No matter how cliche this may sound, they'll know right away if you try to act differently while under pressure.
From what I've read on SDN though, NYU is really nice and accommodating. They'll try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Good luck!

How does this work? So I might be able to get my deposit from a school I won't be attending back?

Yes!! I can't speak for all schools, because I'm sure each of them have different policies. At MWU AZ, in the acceptance email they said I had to do a "non refundable deposit" by a certain date. However, when I went to my student account through their portal to sign the matriculation agreement, I saw that I could get a partial refund if I submitted a written notice to the admissions committee 90 before matriculation. I also had to formally ask for that partial refund in my letter. So just read all the fine print :)

Got NYU interview coming up!
Any advice?

Just be yourself. No matter how cliche this may sound, they'll know right away if you try to act differently while under pressure.
From what I've read on SDN though, NYU is really nice and accommodating. They'll try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Good luck!

Pretty much what Soleus said, but just be prepared to have a good reason for why NYU. That's one of the questions you'll always be asked.

Interview #6 (#1 MWU, #2 ASDOH, #3 Western, #4 Roseman, #5 UNLV)

School: Temple
Notification date: 3/17/16
Interview date: 3/29/16
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.01, 3.35, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17):20/20/24/22/none

Last edited:
Interview #6 (#1 MWU, #2 ASDOH, #3 Western, #4 Roseman, #5 UNLV)

School: Temple
Notification date: 3/17/16
Interview date: 3/29/16
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/2015
GPA (science, bcp, overall): 3.01, 3.35, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17):20/20/24/22/none
Have you received any acceptances?

Acceptance USC

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/15
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (Science 3.3 , Overall 3.5)
DAT (TS 20, AA 18, PAT 22) (got a 15 in Math)

Waitlisted Western

Interview Offers from: USC, Western, Lecom, Case Western, and Midewestern (canceled out of state interviews after USC acceptance)

Are you an under-represented minority by any chance?

Has anyone been accepted or waitlisted at Maryland recently?

Accepted to the University of Pittsburgh off waitlist!

Reactions: 23 users
I put the last of my deposit in at NYU today and

Interview #4: touro

Interviews (In Chronological Order): Roseman (1/15) , WesternU (2/6), Tufts (2/9), MOSDOH (2/11), NYU (2/24), MWU-IL (2/29), USC (3/1), Touro (3/23)

Waitlisted: Roseman, WesternU, Tufts, NYU

No response yet: MOSDOH, USC (well I was put on the post interview list but I heard they weren't accepting until beginning of April)

I just declined my Touro interview earlier this week because I got into MWU-IL! Wooooot finally on track to becoming a dentist! Or else I would have flown out today.

Reactions: 3 users
To close up this gruesome cycle:
Interviews: Baylor (9/11), Pittsburgh (9/14), MW-AZ (11/5), LECOM (11/12), Nova (11/20), NYU (declined), MW-IL (declined), UTSD Houston (1/12), UTHSCSA (1/25)
Rejection: Louisville (2/5 w/o interview), Maryland (3/18 via snail mail w/o interview)
Acceptances: Pittsburgh (12/1), Midwestern Arizona (12/1), LECOM (12/1), Nova (3/4 off waitlist), UTSD Houston (3/21)

DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 23PAT, 19RC
GPA: 3.68 --> 3.71 (academic update); 3.6 science

Word of advise for those who are still waiting, keep in contact and keep updating your school!

Reactions: 3 users
To close up this gruesome cycle:
Interviews: Baylor (9/11), Pittsburgh (9/14), MW-AZ (11/5), LECOM (11/12), Nova (11/20), NYU (declined), MW-IL (declined), UTSD Houston (1/12), UTHSCSA (1/25)
Rejection: Louisville (2/5 w/o interview), Maryland (3/18 via snail mail w/o interview)
Acceptances: Pittsburgh (12/1), Midwestern Arizona (12/1), LECOM (12/1), Nova (3/4 off waitlist), UTSD Houston (3/21)

DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 23PAT, 19RC
GPA: 3.68 --> 3.71 (academic update); 3.6 science

Word of advise for those who are still waiting, keep in contact and keep updating your school!

Is that what you did with Houston? I probably should send some updates to some schools as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is that what you did with Houston? I probably should send some updates to some schools as well.

Back in January, I sent an email update to Houston and 2 hours later they sent me an interview. Fast forward a few months (specifically 2 days ago) still no word from Houston since interview... I send an email update about why I want to go to Houston and 4 hours later I get accepted. lol. So I guess updates help.

Back in January, I sent an email update to Houston and 2 hours later they sent me an interview. Fast forward a few months (specifically 2 days ago) still no word from Houston since interview... I send an email update about why I want to go to Houston and 4 hours later I get accepted. lol. So I guess updates help.

To follow him, I sent an email explaining why I wanted to go to SA and why I feel I am a good fit. Accepted the next week.

Coincidence probably but worth the 5 minutes to send an email.

Reactions: 4 users
Rejection - Louisville w/o interview

21AA/22PAT/20TS/24RC - 3.3GPA 3.1sGPA

Accepted to The Ohio State University today off the waitlist!! Will most likely be giving up my spot at Case Western so I hope it goes to someone deserving!
Can't believe I got in to my dream school!!! :soexcited:

Notification Date: 03/23/16
Method of Notification: Phone Call and email
GPA: 4.0 (Both)
DAT: 19AA/19TS/17PAT/20Reading/none below 17

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted to Pitt today via phone call at 12 PM central time. So thankful to have the opportunity to choose between schools. Already made a deposit at tufts (1500$). Anyone got any advice whether I should stick to tufts or snatch the new acceptance at Pitt? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted to Pitt today via phone call at 12 PM central time. So thankful to have the opportunity to choose between schools. Already made a deposit at tufts (1500$). Anyone got any advice whether I should stick to tufts or snatch the new acceptance at Pitt? Thanks in advance.
Congrats! Probably best to make a new thread about that, but I would say you should see how big the price difference is pick which one you like better. If Pitt is significantly cheaper than Tufts, $1,500 won't make much different in the long run.

Interviews (In Chronological Order): Roseman (1/15) , WesternU (2/6), Tufts (2/9), MOSDOH (2/11), NYU (2/24), MWU-IL (2/29), USC (3/1), Touro (3/23)

Waitlisted: Roseman, WesternU, Tufts, NYU

No response yet: MOSDOH, USC (well I was put on the post interview list but I heard they weren't accepting until beginning of April)

I just declined my Touro interview earlier this week because I got into MWU-IL! Wooooot finally on track to becoming a dentist! Or else I would have flown out today.
Just curious, are you giving up your waitlist spot at Tufts? Thanks!

Interview Invite to USC scheduled for the 30th! Super late I know haha

They aren't that great haha s.gpa-3.3 ish, reg gpa-3.55, DAT 19AA

Haha no I got waitlisted at Colorado and thats it :( sooooooo fingers crossed I get this one or I'll have to retake the DAT lol