Official 2011-2012 IM "How To Rank" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as it stands:

Hopkins Bayview
Dartmouth
Case
UAB
Maryland

Am I crazy? Got the best vibe at Dartmouth and Case...got a good vibe at Hopkins. Really felt neutral on UAB and Maryland. Im trying to go with gut like everyone says but its hard to go just on gut. If your in a bad/good mood on an interview day it can really influence things. Am I crazy not to rank UAB higher?

First, UAB is in Alabama. I don't mean to pick on Alabama but it's not for everyone. UAB delivers excellent training and it is one of the top 4 places in the south (UTSW, Duke, Emory and UAB) but if you didn't like it, you didn't like it.

I think I ranked Maryland higher than UAB but that's because my fiance would have stabbed me if we ended up in Alabama (again, alabama is not for everyone) and I got a great vibe from maryland.

I am one who really liked bayview during the interview trail. I almost ranked it higher than Hopkins proper. As residents at my programs we do rotations in the Bayview ICUs for experience in bread and butter ICU stuff during our second year. One thing I have realized now is that the acuity is a mixed bag at Bayview. A hospitalist triages so some unit admissions are not true unit admissions. COPD on bipap= automatic ICU. Also, what you are allowed to take care of on the floor is kinda ridiculous. A-fib with RVR MUST go to either a unit bed or a step down bed even if it has recently become rate controlled. Need to do an amio drip? must go to the unit.Other hospitals would put them on a monitor either in a step down or the floor. I once had the hospitalist give me a unit admission for a GI bleeder without a crit drop, without tachycardia...really without a GI bleed. The decision in the morning was discharge or downgrade to medicine for a day.

These ridiculous admissions are mixed in with really sick patients like a massive anterior stemi that couldn't be revascularized with a balloon pump on 2 pressors with a lactate of 17. I think this minimal acuity detracts from their clinical training but overall I still think it is a good program. I have been pretty impressed with the residents overall.

Members don't see this ad.

So..
OHSU or Georgetown? Program quality is important, but so are the job opportunities for the spouse. Are they in different leagues, or fairly close? Thanks!

Different leagues.

Would like to gather some outside opinions on my preliminary list to make sure I'm not too far off base… I've given a fair amount of weight to the "where I fit in" factor, but quality of training is the next important issue. I'll get fine training at most if not all of these places, but I'd like some reassurance that they're pretty much in the same league. Want to be in academics, not sure about fellowships but for now interested in pulm/cc and rheum, but don't want to close any doors…

Dartmouth
Utah
Tulane
Florida
Wake Forest
OSU
Cinci
Case Western
MUSC

So above is what my prelim rank list is… BUT, the more I think about it the more worried I get-- I feel that I "fit in" best at Tulane. However, my top 3 were def the places I liked the people best… And if I made my list based on people, my list would've gone: Tulane>Utah>Dartmouth. But since I liked the people at all 3 programs, I felt I should let "quality of training" set those 3 apart-- hence my original list quoted above.

This is where I need help-- are Tulane, Dartmouth and Utah all in the same league? Or would I sacrifice quality of training/future opportunities to an extent if I chose Tulane above Utah or Dartmouth??

Thanks y'all, any help would be appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
First, UAB is in Alabama. I don't mean to pick on Alabama but it's not for everyone. UAB delivers excellent training and it is one of the top 4 places in the south (UTSW, Duke, Emory and UAB) but if you didn't like it, you didn't like it.

I think I ranked Maryland higher than UAB but that's because my fiance would have stabbed me if we ended up in Alabama (again, alabama is not for everyone) and I got a great vibe from maryland.

I am one who really liked bayview during the interview trail. I almost ranked it higher than Hopkins proper. As residents at my programs we do rotations in the Bayview ICUs for experience in bread and butter ICU stuff during our second year. One thing I have realized now is that the acuity is a mixed bag at Bayview. A hospitalist triages so some unit admissions are not true unit admissions. COPD on bipap= automatic ICU. Also, what you are allowed to take care of on the floor is kinda ridiculous. A-fib with RVR MUST go to either a unit bed or a step down bed even if it has recently become rate controlled. Need to do an amio drip? must go to the unit.Other hospitals would put them on a monitor either in a step down or the floor. I once had the hospitalist give me a unit admission for a GI bleeder without a crit drop, without tachycardia...really without a GI bleed. The decision in the morning was discharge or downgrade to medicine for a day.

These ridiculous admissions are mixed in with really sick patients like a massive anterior stemi that couldn't be revascularized with a balloon pump on 2 pressors with a lactate of 17. I think this minimal acuity detracts from their clinical training but overall I still think it is a good program. I have been pretty impressed with the residents overall.

Thanks a bunch for the detailed breakdown. Knowing what you know now would you rank Bayview above the programs that I put it above?

Horrible...to answer your question.

UAB
Indy
UVA=OSU
VCU=VMU=Wake
Case=CCF
UK
UTM

CCF is certainly not in same league as Case (At the end of day, CCF is a community program with great patient exposure, but poor quality academics). So, would put it with or after UK. Agree with rest.

please help me rank the following 9 programs:
fellowship goal: pulmonary critical care or cardiology

this is my current order :)

-NJMS - Newark, UMDNJ (possible disbanding from UMDNJ ??)
-ECU -East Carolina University, NC (little too south)
-BI - Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein (everyone considers it as a community program ??)
-SUNY downstate (good school, but the internal med program is not too strong)
-Eastern Virginia Medical School (is their program rigorous enough?)
-Carilion Clinic, Virginia Tech School of Medicine
-Washington Hospital Center
-Jacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein
-SUNY Buffalo

We have some common calls. Mine is
1. NJMS
2. Downstate
3. Wash Hosp Center
4. BIMC (Other than location, program is worth nothing, typical community program)
5. Jacobi (Some Einstein students told me that training is better at Jacobi than BIMC and AECOM proximity can be real handy)

Sorry no idea about rest.

here are my top programs:

1a. nyu
1b. emory
3. pitt
4. baylor
5. rush
6. uic

nyu and emory might still flip flop in the next couple of days but i am leaning towards nyu. i labeled them as such b/c i would be ever so happy to match at either one-they are both my #1 choices and indistinguishable in my mind (hence the indecision). anyone see any glaring errors in judgement with this rank list? for some further clarification, i would like to do a fellowship after residency, im just not sure yet. have not crossed off the idea of the super competitive fellowships though. thanks!

Last edited:

1a. nyu
1b. emory
3. pitt
4. baylor
5. rush
6. uic

nyu and emory might still flip flop in the next couple of days but i am leaning towards nyu. i labeled them as such b/c i would be ever so happy to match at either one-they are both my #1 choices and indistinguishable in my mind (hence the indecision). anyone see any glaring errors in judgement with this rank list? for some further clarification, i would like to do a fellowship after residency, im just not sure yet. have not crossed off the idea of the super competitive fellowships though. thanks!

Looks completely reasonable to me. If you like the "county" vibe you'll get it in spades at either NYU or Emory.

hey folks i need some advise about these 2 programs which better as a matter of reputation , training , fellowship placement , and safety issues ,thanks :idea:

Thanks a bunch for the detailed breakdown. Knowing what you know now would you rank Bayview above the programs that I put it above?

It depends what you are looking for. The residents seem very, very happy and their fellowship match is strong. If you are looking for rigorousness of clinical training, then probably not. Now take this knowing that I come from a program that prides itself in how hard the residents work, how sick the patients are, and the kind of crap we can take care of on the floor.

On this board I have frequently put Bayview above Maryland. I think Bayview's match list is stronger than Marylands but in retrospect, Maryland's clinical training is probably stronger than Bayview's- but only by a small margin. But if you got a better vibe from Bayview, rank it how you have it.

UAB is much stronger than Bayview clinically and research-wise. But it everyday you step out of the hospital you'll be back in Alabama (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I know very little about dartmouth. Surprisingly it doesn't get much talk on here. I think Bayview will probably open more doors.

In terms of Case v Bayview it's a toss up. If you liked Bayview better, again, go with your gut.

1a. nyu
1b. emory
3. pitt
4. baylor
5. rush
6. uic

Think I'd also agree that it looks good

Hi folks. Lurker, first time poster. Would love input from those farther along this road.

Current ROL:
Duke
Vandy
Mayo Rochester
UAB
UNC
UVA
UMich
Yale
UChicago
Wake Forest

Considerations:
-I’m a non-traditional, older, married applicant with a husband who is partial to the south
-I’d prefer ease of living (proximity/affordability) to a big city
-I am leaning towards pursuing a cardiology fellowship, but I have a public health background, and I’m also considering becoming an administrator with a strong public health research component

Hi folks. Lurker, first time poster. Would love input from those farther along this road.

Current ROL:
Duke
Vandy
Mayo Rochester
UAB
UNC
UVA
UMich
Yale
UChicago
Wake Forest

Considerations:
-I’m a non-traditional, older, married applicant with a husband who is partial to the south
-I’d prefer ease of living (proximity/affordability) to a big city
-I am leaning towards pursuing a cardiology fellowship, but I have a public health background, and I’m also considering becoming an administrator with a strong public health research component

I don't think I'd change anything about your list as you have it. Nice mix of solid programs, any one of which will put you in a good place for whatever you want to do next.

Hey guys, just wondering what you guys thought with the top of my list. Leaning toward doing cards fellowship.

Loyola
Indy
VCU
UIC
Cinci
Florida
USF
-----------

Members don't see this ad :)
Which do you guys think is a stronger/better program? I want to go into a competitive fellowship.

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster and I'd appreciate some advice for ranking. I'm currently torn between Mayo Rochester and WashU for my number 1. I'm interested in medical education and cardiology.

I felt like Mayo was a great program. They had strong clinical research, good fellowship matches, and a very strong emphasis on medical education. Also, the residents seemed very relaxed and happy with their lives. But I'm a little concerned because Mayo's schedule and patient loads seem lighter than WashU's. Does Mayo offer comparable training to WashU despite the decreased workload?

I also really liked WashU. WashU had a more impressive fellowship match than Mayo. But I was a little nervous about the happiness of the residents. Some of the residents I talked with seemed jaded about their patient population because WashU serves many inner-city patients with multiple social issues. Maybe I just talked with a few grumpy residents on interview day, so I'm curious if others got the same impression as me. Additionally, I felt like resident education was less emphasized at WashU compared with Mayo. An example of this is that residents didn't have protected time during didactics or conferences.

I realize that both are great programs but I'd appreciate any help because I'm really torn right now.

Last edited:
First of all would you rather live in Houston or Charlottesville? Two very different cities with very different weather.

Based on "rep" alone, sure UVA may have an edge....but if you would rather be in Houston....

Which do you guys think is a stronger/better program? I want to go into a competitive fellowship.

UVA is the more well regarded program. Haven't seen the match list for either place, but I imagine UVA's is better.

UVA is the marquee program of the state and a well respected program around the region and country. UT Houston arguably isn't the best program in it's own city. Albeit it's a pretty damn big city, but you get my point.

Current ROL:
Duke
Vandy
Mayo Rochester
UAB
UNC
UVA
UMich
Yale
UChicago
Wake Forest

Considerations:
-I'm a non-traditional, older, married applicant with a husband who is partial to the south
-I'd prefer ease of living (proximity/affordability) to a big city
-I am leaning towards pursuing a cardiology fellowship, but I have a public health background, and I'm also considering becoming an administrator with a strong public health research component

I'd move Mayo down. It is probable you will match at one of your first 2, but they can be picky so there is a realistic possibility of going to # 3. I can't imagine being a husband partial to the south and wind up living in Rochester. The programs immediately below (UAB, UNC, UVA) are equally as strong and would likely make for a better experience for both of you. Nice list.

Last edited:
I'd move Mayo down. It is probable you will match at one of your first 2, but they can be picky so there is a realistic possibility of going to # 3. I can't imagine being a husband partial to the south and wind up living in Rochester. The programs immediately below (UAB, UNC, UVA) are equally as strong and would likely make for a better experience for both of you. Nice list.

I appreciate the advise from both you and gutonc. I ranked Mayo above the other southern programs because I felt like Mayo's relatively unique model and culture would suit my background, personality, and interest in public health. It was my impression that they have a heavy hand in health policy in this country, and that would work in my interest. That said, it is Rochester, and my husband has expressed his concern about living in the cold cold midwest (which also explains why Michigan and Chicago are so far down my list). Mayo's been a wild card, and may be moved.

I appreciate the advise from both you and gutonc. I ranked Mayo above the other southern programs because I felt like Mayo's relatively unique model and culture would suit my background, personality, and interest in public health. It was my impression that they have a heavy hand in health policy in this country, and that would work in my interest. That said, it is Rochester, and my husband has expressed his concern about living in the cold cold midwest (which also explains why Michigan and Chicago are so far down my list). Mayo's been a wild card, and may be moved.

Duke, UNC, UMich, Yale are stronger in Public Health but the main thing is you felt good about the programs as you ranked them for various reasons. Being married makes more on that list palatable too. It's otherwise splitting hairs and very subjective as to which of all those are "better."

Would love some more advice on my list. I'm starting to freak out about dropping below my top 5 or so.

Hey guys, I appreciate the advice on my list. I've grouped them according where they generally fall, but I can't decide within each grouping on a rank. I don't have a preference for a specific location or specialty prestige. I do want to stay in academic medicine.

MGH
Hopkins
Penn

Duke
Stanford
UNC

Michigan
BID
Uchicago
NW

UT Houston will give you broader clinical training than UVA. UVA has a stronger name and a more impressive fellowship match list. Both would be excellent places to train.

Definitely choose UVA if you have an interest in Cards, GI, or ID.

Would love some more advice on my list. I'm starting to freak out about dropping below my top 5 or so.

Hey guys, I appreciate the advice on my list. I've grouped them according where they generally fall, but I can't decide within each grouping on a rank. I don't have a preference for a specific location or specialty prestige. I do want to stay in academic medicine.

MGH
Hopkins
Penn

Duke
Stanford
UNC

Michigan
BID
Uchicago
NW

Why would you freak out?

I agree with you that Mayo seems like a great program to suit your needs. One thing to think about is that most people stay at their home program for the fellowship match. When you rank your programs I would choose a place where you and your husband could live for 6-7 years, not 3 years.

Any thoughts on NYU vs BU? I love NYC, but also love BU's 3+1 system and feel it could be a good fit for me. I guess NYU has the edge in fellowship matches, but I should be able to land a competitive cards/GI fellowship at either place right? The big concern about NYU is the tough schedule, lack of attending teaching (apparently everything is done by residents at Bellevue), and lack of ancillary staff. Any comments? I wouldn't be crazy to put BU at #1 and NYU at #2 on my list, right? And will I be able to have fun in Boston for 3 full years, or is it too small for that? Thanks for any input!

MGH
Hopkins
Penn

Duke
Stanford
UNC

Michigan
BID
Uchicago
NW

Group 1: I'm a bit biased here but...
Hopkins- excellent clinical training, ample research and probably the best reputation nationwide
MGH- by reputation I'd put MGH next. I personally didn't like the feel of MGH but a lot of people love it. Has good clinical and research training. I felt the overall feel of MGH was more research directed and less clinical.
Penn- I got a great feel from this program. Good clinical

Duke
Stanford
Michigan (i'd move this one up and move UNC down)

NW
BIDMC
UNC
Chicago

UT Houston will give you broader clinical training than UVA. UVA has a stronger name and a more impressive fellowship match list. Both would be excellent places to train.

Definitely choose UVA if you have an interest in Cards, GI, or ID.

Why do you think UTH will give you broader clinical training?

Having trouble ranking the following programs. I would appreciate yall's advice.

Wash U
Emory
UAB
MUSC
UK
Baylor - Houston
UT memphis
Tulane

Having trouble ranking the following programs. I would appreciate yall's advice.

Wash U
Emory
UAB
MUSC
UK
Baylor - Houston
UT memphis
Tulane

Wash U, UAB, and Emory are the 3 best on the list, equal enough to where gut feeling should be the deciding factor.

MUSC, Baylor, and Tulane are the next tier and, again, equal enough to go with gut feeling.

UT Memphis and UK need to be at the bottom unless personal circumstances are a factor.

I agree with you that Mayo seems like a great program to suit your needs. One thing to think about is that most people stay at their home program for the fellowship match. When you rank your programs I would choose a place where you and your husband could live for 6-7 years, not 3 years.

Is this true? It would make my rank list look different if I knew I was 'stuck' in a place for fellowship. Is it that people usually cannot match somewhere else for fellowship, or choose not to? What percentage of IM residents stay at their home program for fellowship? I would potentially want to do fellowship on the other end of the country from residency. I don't have any problem uprooting myself, I live light. In fact, I can't live in one place more than 3-4 years, I get restless.

I'll be back in here this weekend, probably tonight.

Posting the gospel truth rank list opinions.

It's been amateur hour up in this bish for more than a week but I've been lone cowboy on the consult service doing the thinking for too many doctors, and no I do not want to bronch that patient.

There is actually an inverse ratio to how much the primary service wants a bronch to how much it is actually indicated. It's pretty amazing.

Is this true? It would make my rank list look different if I knew I was 'stuck' in a place for fellowship. Is it that people usually cannot match somewhere else for fellowship, or choose not to? What percentage of IM residents stay at their home program for fellowship? I would potentially want to do fellowship on the other end of the country from residency. I don't have any problem uprooting myself, I live light. In fact, I can't live in one place more than 3-4 years, I get restless.

I have no idea how many people stay in the same place for fellowship but for the vast majority of them, it's a choice, they're not forced to stay. Looking at my program's match list, over the past 4-5 years, 1/3 - 1/2 of people go elsewhere for fellowship. And this is a very geographically desirable location.

If you are a moderately competitive applicant from a decent program, you'll have plenty of options to go elsewhere for fellowship. Don't let that be the reason you choose a program.

Any thoughts on NYU vs BU? I love NYC, but also love BU's 3+1 system and feel it could be a good fit for me. I guess NYU has the edge in fellowship matches, but I should be able to land a competitive cards/GI fellowship at either place right? The big concern about NYU is the tough schedule, lack of attending teaching (apparently everything is done by residents at Bellevue), and lack of ancillary staff. Any comments? I wouldn't be crazy to put BU at #1 and NYU at #2 on my list, right? And will I be able to have fun in Boston for 3 full years, or is it too small for that? Thanks for any input!

I would personally rank NYU>BU. 3+1 system is still in trial phase and as many residents are not very happy with it, they might switch back to orthodox continuity clinic system sometime in future. NYU definitely has tougher schedule, but patient load visa I would say BU trumps NYU and subsequently, you would be capped most of the time. Bellevue is a unique experience. Gives you the required autonomy (found it lacking at BU during my rotation there). For the fun time you would get in these busy programs, either city would be great!!

I would personally rank NYU>BU. 3+1 system is still in trial phase and as many residents are not very happy with it, they might switch back to orthodox continuity clinic system sometime in future. NYU definitely has tougher schedule, but patient load visa I would say BU trumps NYU and subsequently, you would be capped most of the time. Bellevue is a unique experience. Gives you the required autonomy (found it lacking at BU during my rotation there). For the fun time you would get in these busy programs, either city would be great!!

a lot of BU residents i spoke to seemed to love 3+1 system.

What do you guys think of this rank list, if you disagree why?

1)West Virginia University
2)Dallas Methodist
3)Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou)
4)Mississippi University
5)Arkansas University

Bump

Hi All,

Just wondering if I can get some advice on how to rank the following programs...I am interested in pursuing a GI or Cardiology fellowship right after IM residency:

UC Irvine
U of Utah
U of Nebraska
U of Arkansas
U of Louisville
Rush
Loyola
U of Illinois - Peoria
Brown
Penn State
Tulane

Some factors in my decision are: which program will prepare me to be competitive applicant for GI or Cardiology fellowship, city with a lower cost of living, and a non-malignant environment. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, would you recommend doing a second look at any of these programs, particularly Brown or UC Irvine?

Thanks!
Can anyone recommend how to rank these programs only based on 1. strength of academic reputation and 2. Competitiveness for a GI or Cardiolog fellowship at a top 50 fellowship program? If I go to the University of Utah, I don't necessarily want to stay there for fellowship...

Any advice would really help me out!

Hey guys. What do you think about my ROL? I'm thinking about doing academic cards, but still very much open to other specialties like Pulm/CC or GI. Some caveats, currently a student in Texas and planning to return to Texas for fellowship, but I want to see how medicine is done in other places and would like to avoid "inbreeding" factor.

1. Michigan
2. Wash U
3. Northwestern
4. UTSW
5. U Chicago (I've heard things about them being superspecialized and lacking general medicine. Not sure if true?)
6. UW
7. Baylor
8. UCSD
9. Emory
10. NYU

Thanks!

Bump!

Um, that list is very strong based on your interests. Northwestern's Cardiology program is in flux moving toward a more academically rigorous place. Their Division chief was the president of the American Heart Association. UTSW is very strong but it sounds like you want out of TX right now, a reasonable thing to do during training. UChicago had some significant financial issues a few years ago which typically don't mean jack to residents but it may have back then. That would be worth asking about there.
The caliber of programs listed will be a good launching pad to do academic cardiology. The order looks fine except to consider the above I mentioned.

a lot of BU residents i spoke to seemed to love 3+1 system.

On the contrary most the residents I met during my rotation there (recent) didn't like it. Most of them were GI/ Cards aspirants and were not able to put in some effort into research at a continuous stretch. Anyways, rest is just my opinion.

Interested in Hospitalist Medicine

Maryland
VCU
UVA
GW
Penn State
Jefferson
UMDNJ- Robert Wood Johnson
Temple
Georgetown
EVMS
Wake Forest
Drexel
Albert Einstein- Montefiore

Hey all,

Need some help with a few of the latter programs on my list. Looking to pursue hospitalist vs GI in the future. I'm not completely set on academic medicine, but would like to keep it open as an option. I'd eventually like to practice on the west coast, preferably Cali, if that matters.

Scripps Green (mostly for location/have their own fellowships/cushness)
UMich
Yale
OHSU
USC

hey everyone,

would greatly appreciate some thoughts on these programs, these are the top ones I really liked. I am not sure if I want to do fellowship honestly.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME, HOW WOULD YOU RANK THESE, THESE ARE IN RANDOM ORDER NOW.

Virginia Mason in Seattle
Providence Portland in Oregon
Alameda County in Oakland, California
Huntington in Pasadena, California
Brown University in Rhode Island
Cambridge Health Alliance in Boston

Appreciate all help thanks!!

Please help!!!!

Interested in heme/onc or endocrinology fellowship

My ROL:
1. Maryland
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Jackson Memorial Hospital
4. Minnesota
5. Temple

I didn't see it answered so I've gotta ask: Rush vs UIC?

Um, that list is very strong based on your interests. Northwestern's Cardiology program is in flux moving toward a more academically rigorous place. Their Division chief was the president of the American Heart Association. UTSW is very strong but it sounds like you want out of TX right now, a reasonable thing to do during training. UChicago had some significant financial issues a few years ago which typically don't mean jack to residents but it may have back then. That would be worth asking about there.
The caliber of programs listed will be a good launching pad to do academic cardiology. The order looks fine except to consider the above I mentioned.

Thanks for the response. How do you feel about Northwestern vs. Wash U? Chicago's obviously a more attractive city than St. Louis, but I'm not sure in terms of training and reputation.

I think many would probably argue Wash U in terms of reputation, but I do not think the difference is all too significant, so if you prefer Chicago as a place to live (I really wish NW had given me an interview!!) I think you'd be totally justified and in no way limiting your options or training

Hey all,

Need some help with a few of the latter programs on my list. Looking to pursue hospitalist vs GI in the future. I'm not completely set on academic medicine, but would like to keep it open as an option. I'd eventually like to practice on the west coast, preferably Cali, if that matters.

Scripps Green (mostly for location/have their own fellowships/cushness)
UMich
Yale
OHSU
USC

Tough call here with the preference for Cali programs...I would probably look at putting Michigan and Yale at the top if you end up leaning a bit more towards academics/really need the best fellowship position...but otherwise, even if you end up wanting GI, you will be able to get a good fellowship out of USC or Scripps too and possibly enjoy your life/living situation a bit more!

Thanks for the response. How do you feel about Northwestern vs. Wash U? Chicago's obviously a more attractive city than St. Louis, but I'm not sure in terms of training and reputation.

Well the Cubs aren't going to ever win the World Series again so if you are okay with that then yes, Chicago is more attractive to live. Even though there are differences in the programs either one looks good on the CV to fellowships. They don't dwell on smaller details about each residency as much as the SDN folks want to believe. Whichever you felt you had a better feel for working your butt off for 3 years and want to live is probably the better one for you. If you work hard, have a great attitude, try to get work presented at meeting(s) and even a publication with a focused goal of where you want to go in cardiology and your career you will be attractive to any fellowship coming from those places.

hey everyone,

would greatly appreciate some thoughts on these programs, these are the top ones I really liked. I am not sure if I want to do fellowship honestly.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME, HOW WOULD YOU RANK THESE, THESE ARE IN RANDOM ORDER NOW.

That's dumb. Put them in the order you liked them, then ask us what we think. Don't waste people's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.